OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#567309 Nov 29, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, please. I what way do you prevent illness? Is it your smoking habit? No? hmmm maybe your alcohol abuse? Not that either, huh? Ok, maybe it's your sitting on your ass all day routine that keeps you do healthy!!
In what way do I prevent illness? True- like YOU, I am a smoker and that is none too bright.

Still, I exercise on a daily basis, I eat very, very healthy with very few indulgences except every now and then, I am NOT a heavy drinker at ALL and I do NOT at ALL abuse alcohol.

I don't drink every day and when I do drink, it is not a lot and I do not get drunk nor do I come on Topix like YOU do on a REGULAR basis posting that you are drunk.

I don't sit on my ass all day- my days start VERY early and start off with a 3 mile walk EVERY SINGLE DAY.

And my days often end that way as well- while not every single night, more nights than not I take that same 3 mile walk that I do every single morning.

Talk about ASSuming- you do it all the time, RR- ALL. THE. TIME.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#567311 Nov 29, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>We've already covered this subject
Pretty much every subject has been covered on these threads, dear.

and the problem is exactly "who" will be the one to decide what is moral for ALL of society. Harris makes it quite clear from the tone of his book that he believes it should be him and his cronies and likely whatever elitist pigs are in power at the time. I think we already have more than enough authoritarians to deal with than we can handle what with the loosing of drones onto the public areas and the citizens' private property, enforcing our morals as they see fit.
I've just started the first chapter so I can't speak to the book overall yet. Does he explicitly say he and "his cronies" should be the arbiters of objective morality, or is that our interpretation? "Elitist pigs"?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#567312 Nov 29, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>No- you just responded to HER talking about shame by saying that is why we teach our kids to be ashamed of the human body- you answered that to do so is to protect them, nurture them, blah, blah, blah.
You really ARE dumb!!!
I said "that is why we teach our kids to be ashamed of the human body"?????

I never said ashamed.

I never implied ashamed.

I never hinted at ashamed.

You're too stupid to understand, I get it.

So what's your tale on nudity around kids?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#567313 Nov 29, 2012
TAKE, not tale......

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#567314 Nov 29, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you sure it's me? I'd say that's its your egomania is deluding you into thinking that YOU know what is the correct or "wrong" interpretation of what is in the bible. huh...
It seems like a fair question, "Why would an omnipotent God need to rest after creating the universe?"
The the question is the direct result of a bad rendering of the Hebrew by the King James translation. One that YOU follow.
"And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had *rested* from all his work which God created and made." (Genesis 2:3)
The Hebrew word, shabath, translated "rest" does not really refer to a requirement to sleep or take a break due to weariness.
in the Bibke, only 7 out of 68 instances is the word is translated to "rest" or "rested."
I never claimed to know what is the correct or "wrong" interpretation of the bible- NEVER.

You are an ASSUMPTIVE and WITLESS liar.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#567315 Nov 29, 2012
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. why go off the deep-end with your new persona? Really don't think you're like that in real life. Am I correct?..
never such a thing as a persona!

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#567316 Nov 29, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I know that. Everyone should. The Euros & Ruskies were losing until America joined the fight.
But if America hasn't got involved, Europe would've been under Nazi control.
And more than likely if it was, they would have rcvd the same result as Japan.

Considering many of our parents' parents originated from Europe (I said many!) we may not be alive today at all.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#567317 Nov 29, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>In what way do I prevent illness? True- like YOU, I am a smoker and that is none too bright.
Still, I exercise on a daily basis, I eat very, very healthy with very few indulgences except every now and then, I am NOT a heavy drinker at ALL and I do NOT at ALL abuse alcohol.
I don't drink every day and when I do drink, it is not a lot and I do not get drunk nor do I come on Topix like YOU do on a REGULAR basis posting that you are drunk.
I don't sit on my ass all day- my days start VERY early and start off with a 3 mile walk EVERY SINGLE DAY.
And my days often end that way as well- while not every single night, more nights than not I take that same 3 mile walk that I do every single morning.
Talk about ASSuming- you do it all the time, RR- ALL. THE. TIME.
I don't care if you're lying or not. You could eat Snickers every day for all I care.

I just wanted you to boast.

Good job.

BUT - I will agree with you 100% that smoking is stupid. I've tried quitting, I just can't do it. I need to, though. Getting a little harder to breathe these days.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#567318 Nov 29, 2012
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Dude! Thanks. It seem like Topix is dying a slow death. Used to be many more people posting. Or maybe Topix just has fewer socks now. ;)
Just yesterday I was bemoaning the loss of so many interesting posters. Bring back Clark Griswold, Buck, other old troopers....

San Francisco

#567319 Nov 29, 2012
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Evil is such a rough word. Perhaps humanity is "immature?" When it comes to realizing when we do harm. For example:
We want to save the environment. We get on our computers (the manufacture of computers make toxic by products) turn it on (electricity from coal?)
Find out that were out of paper ( deforestation)
Get into our hybrids (hybrid batteries are super toxic during manufacture) drive to Office depot(carbon, co2, smog) attempt to purchase paper ( with a bank card of course-made of plastic) card is declined. You then call the bank (on a phone made in china using who knows what type of child labor, toxic chemicals, etc.) it was a bank error of course. place the purchased paper in a plastic shopping bag. Then drive home and begin saving the world.
Nothing evil there, right?
Just stuff we must learn to do better .
Maybe it would have helped if Yahweh said "Be fruitful and increase in number to the degree that the Earth can sustain you" rather than adding "fill the earth and subdue it".

In fact it would be super helpful for God to come out with a new addition, don't you think? One which clearly says slavery is evil, gay people and women are as valid as straight men, regardless of race, maybe toss in a cure for cancer and AIDS?

San Francisco

#567320 Nov 29, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Says the person who is one who slings some of the biggest insults here.
Get lost.
Exactly. Jeeez.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#567321 Nov 29, 2012
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Don't forget, if it wasn't for America you'd either be dead or a forced Nazi right now.....
<quoted text>
Exactly Tim.
History shows that there was a combination of US forces, European resistance, and Russian soldiers overtaking the Nazis.
Some people don't want to leave their little world, because it is comfortable to them, even though it maybe secluding them from answers.
Yep. Germany would have been defeated without us. Hitler being a dum-dum and double crossing Russia was a big factor.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#567322 Nov 29, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't ask for specifics, did I? Where'd you get that? You said:
"My posts are no more abusive than those of others here who are abusive which includes you AND your pal nano."
I said nothing about abusive. NOTHING. You inserted that.
So again. Where do you think I was referring to abusive?!
Sigh.....your disgusting pal nano posted to you that my posts are abusive.

You replied that you know- you thought you would beat me to the punch.

I think that I assumed you were talking about being abusive is a fair assumption.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#567323 Nov 29, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Look who's talking about someone else's supposed arrogance.
xD
How am I being arrogant?(Not to mention the fact that I never called him personally arrogant, I took issue with his assertion that humans are somehow "better" than every other species).

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#567324 Nov 29, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I said "that is why we teach our kids to be ashamed of the human body"?????
I never said ashamed.
I never implied ashamed.
I never hinted at ashamed.
You're too stupid to understand, I get it.
So what's your tale on nudity around kids?
No- you DID not say that- HL asked you why teach our kids that the human body is something to be ashamed of?

You responded to protect them, nurture them, blah, blah, blah.

Here's a tip for you- if you can't keep up with your own conversations with others, don't expect others to do it FOR you.

What's my "tale" on nudity around kids? I have no tale about it.

My take on it is that adults don't make it a point to needlessly walk around naked in front of kids or anything else for that matter.

But more important is to teach kids to LOVE their bodies, to find nothing at all shameful about them but to also be taught about what MODESTY is and the reasons for it.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#567325 Nov 29, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care if you're lying or not. You could eat Snickers every day for all I care.
I just wanted you to boast.
Good job.
BUT - I will agree with you 100% that smoking is stupid. I've tried quitting, I just can't do it. I need to, though. Getting a little harder to breathe these days.
I don't recall saying anything about you think I am lying....You inserted that.

I wasn't boasting- just relaying my routine to you and what I do to stay healthy despite being a smoker.

Just because one is a smoker doesn't mean they shouldn't still try to be healthy in other ways.

It's not all or nothing for me, that's all.

Maybe if you didn't walk around with your chest so puffed out all the time you might just have an easier time breathing.

But yes- smoking is a stupid habit and a very bad one and like you, I've tried to quit but haven't made it yet.

That's okay- stats prove that many people who quit only do so after numerous failed attempts- not ALL people- some CAN quit cold turkey and never go back again....however, that is not the case for many.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#567326 Nov 29, 2012
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. Jeeez.
nano may very well be the most miserable, most insulting and most abusive poster here with a very obvious passive/aggressive personality.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#567327 Nov 29, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Sigh.....your disgusting pal nano posted to you that my posts are abusive.
You replied that you know- you thought you would beat me to the punch.
I think that I assumed you were talking about being abusive is a fair assumption.
That wasn't about abuse! I "beat you to the punch" on the reason my woman doesn't get regular doc checkups. Because I knew that you would've slung back some ridiculous comments about it being my fault that she doesn't...

You read into things way too damn much.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#567328 Nov 29, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
TAKE, not tale......
Sorry- I didn't see your correction before I responded to your prior post- but you being you, do feel free to make a BFD about it, RR.....

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#567329 Nov 29, 2012
OCB wrote:
My take on it is that adults don't make it a point to needlessly walk around naked in front of kids or anything else for that matter.
But more important is to teach kids to LOVE their bodies, to find nothing at all shameful about them but to also be taught about what MODESTY is and the reasons for it.
F_ck! Finally!!

I agree.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 min Seentheotherside 39,698
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 13 min hojo 574,738
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 20 min Osmius 269,189
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 27 min Classic 2,035
bless the jews (Nov '08) 28 min thank u jews 7,122
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 36 min Seentheotherside 608,349
Last Word + 2 (Jul '14) 1 hr Non _cents 1,062
Straight guys: Would you ever have intercourse ... (Jul '12) 2 hr busted 166
More from around the web