Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
So nobody should engage in hyperbole or exaggeration because some people will take it literally?
Other people got the point. They even noticed I ended my post with pretty much the golden rule that people can only exercise their rights if it doesn't infringe on someone else's.
I feel like you're backtracking, especially given the next post you wrote to me, but whatever, I'll accept you at your word. My apologies.
I assumed since the conversation was about what was best for a child you would have known I wouldn't beat a man in front of a 4-year old. But in the future when I post to you I will make sure to preface or qualify everything I say.(by everything I don't actually mean everything but rather cases of exaggeration or hyperbole) Wow, this should be fun.(that comment was meant to be more sarcastic than literal)
Still, it was a pretty long post I made. I was surprised you had no response to all the points in it other than that one comment. What do you feel about a child thinking it is ok for an adult stranger to be naked in front of him as it relates to the higher potential for abuse?
The thing is, your question assumes a lot of context. It assumes that the parents have raised the kid as if nakedness is ok and then don't care to watch their child around strangers. That's pretty strange. Who leaves a 4 year old unattended? Who leaves a 4 year old unattended around strangers? Who leaves a 4 year old unattended around naked strangers?

Let's go with the normal: child raised as if nakedness is ok. Parents are naked, kid's naked, strangers are naked. In this context, there's no difference between kid thinking naked stranger is ok versus not ok - would the parents not have taught to the child that strangers might be dangerous? My parents taught me this when I was very young; I remember being scared of strangers as early as 4 years old.

So I see your question as leading and disingenuous. I would guess that all pedophiles in America start off clothed - and the vast majority of them are not strangers to the child.

However, if we talk about cultures where nakedness is normal, what we find is a distinct lack of pedophilia (baring cultures where pederasty is ritualized). I wrote you in a later post about the Yanomami word for pedophilia - it comes from a foreigner, named Lizot.

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

The U.S. kicked Hitler's too. And Japan's.

We don't need subversive wussies like you, Christeinieweinie.

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I gave you plenty of reasons, especially as it relates to the potential of abuse. I simply got into more detail later as I never thought I would have to explain to someone why an adult stranger shouldn't be allowed to hang his nuts in a child's face. I admit, you caught me by surprise on that one and my initial response was more out of disbelief. The explanations which I didn't think were necessary as they are self-evident came later
The thing is, Skom, to argue your case, you have to use ridiculous, extreme fictions that never happen in reality. If that's is what it takes for you to justify your position, then you don't have a position not based in fantasy.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>I read VERY well. You did say you will not be one of those who will take medication for high blood pressure or high cholesterol.
I am NOT gonna scroll back to the posts in which you vehemently stated you are opposed to taking meds.
Maybe if you didn't get so drunk so much of the time, you would remember what you yourself say- of course, alcohol destroys brain cells and really- considering how few you have to work with to begin with.......
No you don't read very well, it seems that you only read what you want. It makes you look stupid in a debate.

You said:
"Of course, it's easy for RR to say now that he will never take medication for any health issues"

I NEVER said that. I said I would only take medication *as needed*... I don't see that high blood pressure medication is necessary. A change in diet is all that was needed.

I even mentioned that my lady is on meds for her thyroid & that kind of medication is necessary....

Read, OCB, read.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>OMG- she called me a CREEP. That is name-calling.
*hands OCB a tissue*

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
As far as I am aware they won the 1983 invasion of Grenada, can’t think of any others
Don't forget, if it wasn't for America you'd either be dead or a forced Nazi right now.....

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
what? what makes you think Christians are the violent ones?
first of all any bully who bullies another child with name calling and shoving and making fun of, is steming from a child who was not raised right to begin with.
Christians do not advocate violence.
i think it should be avoided at all costs.
BUT, i don't think anyone should allow another person to intimidate them and bully them. I believe we must 'ALL' stand up for ourselves and it is MOEronic to stand by and let some one beat you to death with trying to defend yourself.
I'm not talking about a kid literally trying to beat another kid to DEATH. That is not what defines the majority of bullying at all.

Do you know what bullying actually is?

Bullying is unwanted, aggressive behavior among school aged children that involves a real or perceived power imbalance. The behavior is repeated, or has the potential to be repeated, over time. Both kids who are bullied and who bully others may have serious, lasting problems.

Types of Bullying

There are three types of bullying:

Verbal bullying is saying or writing mean things. Verbal bullying includes:
Teasing
Name-calling
Inappropriate sexual comments
Taunting
Threatening to cause harm
Social bullying, sometimes referred to as relational bullying, involves hurting someone’s reputation or relationships. Social bullying includes:
Leaving someone out on purpose
Telling other children not to be friends with someone
Spreading rumors about someone
Embarrassing someone in public
Physical bullying involves hurting a person’s body or possessions. Physical bullying includes:
Hitting/kicking/pinching
Spitting
Tripping/pushing
Taking or breaking someone’s things
Making mean or rude hand gestures

In order to be considered bullying, the behavior must be aggressive and include:

An Imbalance of Power: Kids who bully use their power—such as physical strength, access to embarrassing information, or popularity—to control or harm others. Power imbalances can change over time and in different situations, even if they involve the same people.
Repetition: Bullying behaviors happen more than once or have the potential to happen more than once.

Bullying includes actions such as making threats, spreading rumors, attacking someone physically or verbally, and excluding someone from a group on purpose.

http://www.stopbullying.gov/what-is-bullying/...

As you will see- assuming you actually READ the post, that is- is that physical aggression is only ONE type of bullying and there are many more ways to bully and ways that are just as harmful and perhaps even more so.

As bullying becomes more prevalent and widespread- with much of that due to the internet- adults are becoming more aware of it and are tackling the issue with more diligence and concern than when I was a kid.

If you are interested in the ways most constructive and least violent to effectively deal with bullying, you can go to the following link:

http://www.stopbullying.gov/respond/on-the-sp...

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
*hands OCB a tissue*
Hey- I don't give a rat's Aunt Fanny WHAT nano called me or what names ANYONE calls me. At least not on this thread- matters not a whit to me, RR.

What DOES matter is when I am FALSELY accused of lying which IS what UIF did.

I proved her WRONG in accusing ME of having lied.

I'm sure you know that- that you chose that little snippet regarding the entire conversation....well, that is what I've come to expect from someone as duplicitous and as smarmy as you truly are.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<someone else's nudity>
You are now calling nudity "child molestation."
You have now accused me of agreeing that public nudity is the same as pulling a child aside and showing them your genitals.
You are making shitty, stupid arguments.
No, paranoid idiot, being naked in public is not the same as pulling a child aside and saying "want a lollipop?" What the fcuk is wrong with you that you would equate those things?
I don't even support public nudity and I can see the difference between your scare mongering and someone else's desire to walk in the wind.
What the hell is wrong with you that you would equate pedophilia with being naked???
Skombolis wrote:
You seem to have reading comprehension issues so I will re-post
You seem to have reading comprehension with what you write. Here, this is where you are telling me I'm a child molester:
". I am not saying by any means you are a child molester, I want that to be very clear. But your rationalizations sound the same. "Oh it is not abuse, it is love". "everybody has genitalia so what is wrong with me showing mine to a child?"
Screw you, Skom, that's not what I said. I would never, ever write that filth.
And yes someone walking around nude around children is showing them their genitals, whether that was their original intent or desired intent is irrelevant. That is the outcome. And YOU were the one who said who cares if I child sees genitals of a stranger because they have genitals of their own. That is the stupidest argument i have heard for anything.
Walking around naked and pulling children aside to show them your genitals are very different actions. If you see these as one and the same, you have issues.
If someone walks around naked and a child can see them, are they or are they not showing their genitals to a child, along with anybody else who can see them? Yes or No
No, they are not showing their genitals to children. They're being naked. Yes, the genitals are there, hidden as they are by fat or hair, visible as they are, no body language to direct anyone's gaze in that direction.

It's not a lewd act, being naked. It doesn't court attention, except where being naked is rare and shameful. You quite clearly see nakedness as shameful - it draws your attention.

Well, it wouldn't if you weren't so ashamed.
Please try to answer the question as i have a feeling you will avoid it
"showing" requires action, direction - attention drawing behaviors. You choose this word purposefully, to pedantically support your position, as you are relying upon a more passive interpretation of it that your question suggests.

Let's follow through with that, then.

If being naked is "showing" one's genitals, is that lewd? Does that damage children?

You never answered my initial question to you, yet you demand my answer here. I'll repeat it: if your grandchild sees a naked person, does it somehow damage her?

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
I am glad I don't have the empirical evidence to provide you since the only way we could know is to take a society that started with cloths and then compare the abuse rate once they went naked. It is a preposterous request.
Common sense dictates it is a bad thing. A pedophile will try to convince a child it is ok to be naked around him or that it is ok for him to be naked around a child. That is normally the first and biggest obstacle. You would eliminate that obstacle for them. Yet you don't think it would increase abuse. Bizarre. Tell ya what, if you want your kids to see strangers nude then that is up to you. Maybe you will win parent-of-the-year and I am the one who has it all twisted. But I don't and I have to imagine almost all of society, other than pederasts and the small minority you are in that just sees nothing wrong with it, would agree with me.
Wow, you've totally fictionalized my position and exaggerated to a ridiculous extreme.

I never said, not once, that we should allow kids to be naked around pedophiles. What's wrong with you?

I'm not a pederast you fuckface.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I saw this on another posters profile recently.
" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/How_to_Win_Frien... ;
Which reminded of a similar comment on yet another poster's profile, "How to make friends with money and a gun".
Amusing, yet I am not here to "win" friends or influence anybody like so many fools on Topix.
I do find it odd that your group is so concerned with censoring and chasing off anybody who has different opinions than yourself. Only the truly insecure feel the need to censor the opposition.
What you appear to be saying is that you welcome freedom of speech on your terms only – honey that is not freedom of speech that is fascism

Sounds like paranoia to me – you seem to find odd is that someone can be at odds with your way of thought and willing to discuss their differences with you. Which you in turn then go about decrying you opponent any lying about them.

If you are not willing to consider criticism of your stance, if you are not willing to consider factual and verified information then you should not be offering you stance to be criticised

And for your information I have never – ever communicated that patty under the clone of patty???? whatever.

I have locked horns with her in the guise as yellodog and I have briefly locked horns with patty in the guide of United in faith

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Eh? It has nothin to do with being manly or not, OCB. I just don't like & don't trust doctors. So I don't go for routine check ups, I only go when needed. Our bodies has a fascinating way of telling us when something's wrong....
I am very strict maintaining my vehicles. Oil changes, tires, etc just like you said. You see, cars don't self-heal like we humans do.
OMG- LOL!!! Your ignorance!!!

Do you have ANY idea how many SILENT cancers there are out there which KILL thousands and thousands of people every year because they went UNDETECTED until it was too late?

Do you have ANY idea how many of those cancers could have been effectively treated and cured if caught in time if people go for routine check-ups and screenings BEFORE the DEADLY symptoms of these MANY silent cancers? And many other diseases as well which produce no symptoms until it is TOO LATE to do anything about it.

Humans do NOT "self heal" from the deadliest of diseases that plague us today.

CANCER
HEART DISEASE
DIABETES
STROKE

You want more???

LOL!!! Your CAR has a better chance of "self-healing" than YOU do, RR.

You ARE a hoot- and a half!

ROFLMAO!!

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I am glad I don't have the empirical evidence to provide you since the only way we could know is to take a society that started with cloths and then compare the abuse rate once they went naked. It is a preposterous request.
Common sense dictates it is a bad thing. A pedophile will try to convince a child it is ok to be naked around him or that it is ok for him to be naked around a child. That is normally the first and biggest obstacle. You would eliminate that obstacle for them. Yet you don't think it would increase abuse. Bizarre. Tell ya what, if you want your kids to see strangers nude then that is up to you. Maybe you will win parent-of-the-year and I am the one who has it all twisted. But I don't and I have to imagine almost all of society, other than pederasts and the small minority you are in that just sees nothing wrong with it, would agree with me.
.. think HFY was trying to articulate the taboo on nudity is a cultural deal but she was drinking a bit ..

.. in many Muslim cultures, women still wear a veil to fulfill the command of their God which encourages them to be modest, not to dress in a manner that attracts men. Christians think the idea is silly ..

.. because you do not see boobs everyday, you probably find them inviting, sexually stimulating. What is hidden becomes a mystery, a gift to unwrap and savor ..

.. I see naked boobs on a regular basis but my libido does not kick in unless I receive the 'come hither' look, the invitation ..

.. little boys in women's locker rooms see boobs. Does that harm them? I think not. You see SKOM, it is a cultural constrict, the mystery, the taboo, the unwrapping of the forbidden. Little boys haven't been indoctrinated yet ..

.. I've often thought the shame associated with nudity is based on religious teachings. You, SKOM, have the Adam and Eve story with the notorious fig leaf being a symbol of shame. I think you are the product of this religious indoctrination and see public nudity as shameful ..

.. the little boy in the women's locker has not yet been religiously indoctrinated and goes about doing his business as he smiles at naked women. I do the same thing ..

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>There is no shame in a stalemate.
" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_of_1812#The_... ;
No but there is shame in claiming you won that stalemate

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>The U.S kicked Mexico's ass.
" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexican%E2%80%93... ;
What we allow them to do now is shameful compared to that.
My apologies I usually qualify my statement with a time frame of the last 60 years as I had in the post that started the discussion

Since: Nov 12

Toongabbie, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

Apocalypse666- You're 100% right, and no person arguing the point has even come close to your challenge, but it's not just your challenge, it's a challenge of every logical person, God to me is like a Boogeyman to the kids. Made so you will do the right thing. TUPPENCE we don't have to prove it as there is no evidence he exists, there is however scientific proof that man evolved, and yet the only "evidence" god exists is the bible- Did you know that christians originally worshipped on saturday not sunday, but then they borrowed from the wiccans to make sunday the worship day, did you know hundreds of years before "Jesus" was ressurected that thier was another apparent person that did the same thing in three days? Christians borrowed from that too, thats why the bible was written so long after all these occurences, you all took what you liked from Judiasm, Wiccan and many more, then you tried to rape the world in the name of your religion. Try researching before believing. By the way people which god do you believe in as according to all religions there can only be your own.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
The U.S. kicked Hitler's too. And Japan's.
We don't need subversive wussies like you, Christeinieweinie.
Ehm, no

You helped

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not sure that most nudists wouldn't agree as well. But I could be wrong as I don't know any or even if i did I would have no way of knowing if their opinions mirrored the majority. But I would hope that even nudists would agree it is one thing for adults to feel they have no reason to hide their bodies among other adults who feel the same way and quite another to be naked in front of someone else's child. Especially if that child's parents were opposed to it.
I could care less what consenting adults do with other consenting adults...within reason. But a child's brain is under-developed. They are very open to suggestion and easily influenced. They don't have the intellect to properly defend against predators. It is our job as parents, citizens, and human beings to do whatever we can to keep children safe. Planting the idea in their head it is ok to be around strangers who are naked imo would be an abject failure in that department.
I have nothing against nudists. Heck, I almost respect it as it takes a heck of a lot of confidence and breaks from traditional norms of a society that makes people feel bad about their bodies. But it goes from innocent expression among consenting adults to something very wrong when subjecting kids to it.
There are many things like that. If people want to masturbate in the privacy of their homes be my guest. If they want to form a masturbating community of all adults where they sit around on their lawns and masturbate, well weird as that would be, hey whatever floats their boat. But to do where a kid can see? No freaking way. Not you but anybody in general that thinks this is about a personal hangup or some sort of sexual repression is missing the point. There are simply different rules when it involves children.
(T) Peace
(T) Peace
God you are paranoid and bent on teaching kids that nudity is shameful.

The leaps of illogic you make are truly outstanding - from the requirement that we teach children that nudity is wrong because they can't handle it, to the strange assumption that not teaching children how wrong nudity is will lead them to trusting strangers.

A pedophile's job is not made easier if children accept nudity as normal. It's made easier if the child's parents trust the pedophile, and the pedo can manage alone time with the child. Nudity plays almost no role in that - again, cultures where nudity is normal don't know pedophilia. It has nothing to do with their walking around naked, it has to do with their lack of privacy.

I'm stunned that you would subsequently leap to public masturbation as normal as long as children don't see it. That's truly amazing. Well done.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't forget, if it wasn't for America you'd either be dead or a forced Nazi right now.....
I won’t ever forget that you appear to know fook all about it

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Just take the damn red pill.
NO! Never!

<grabs both>

<glug!>

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••