|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
If "God" wanted us to learn, why did He get so upset about eating from the tree of knowledge?
It's so funny, the innumerable justifications made by believers - basically, whatever their interpretation is, their personal version of God supports it.
"God" is therefore "ego."
"Tree of knowledge" is allegorical. Look it up.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
I can.
Hello, boooots. My name is redneck. I'm a self-absorbed egotistical maniac. I cannot be controlled and I'm driven by my mysoginistic tendancies. Pleased to meet you.(don't be jealous of my pee-pee, it's genetic & you can't help it)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>But.. but..
I dunno. RR?
See previous response to the sexy Hiding....

If you disagree, "Redneck = ego".

lol

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. just in case, maybe I'll start writing with my left hand, break it in slowly. Motor coordination, you know ..
.. glad you're not abandoning me, would be lost without my guiding left hand ..
Redneck's tried that. The left hand is only good for hair stroking, and the like..........

Sucks, but the right hand is amply prepared to tackle the situation.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Nano, in a situation that you described, you would quite likely afterward suffer from post-traumatic stress disorder. I spent several months with women who had suffered some of similar experiences and were pretty messed up. When I was in rehab every week new people arrived and one or two of the patients from our floor would be assigned to be their greeters and show them around and sort of guide them during their first few hours or days there.
I think the day I got that assignment a woman came in who when she saw a man she went berserk. If you met her in the corridor she would cringe against the wall and try to get away. She was a married woman with children, but she had been attacked and raped, and was absolutely paranoid. It took us a long time to win her confidence but sometime during the period that she and I were there, she became one of my best friends. That was in 1995 so I can't recall who left first.
I towards the end had been on our floor longer than almost all but one or two of the others, as most people's sessions were scheduled for 6 weeks, however I got an extremely bad cold part way through the first session, and also I had a few setbacks so it was suggested that I stay longer, and repeat some of the daily sessions I had missed when sick etc. I was there almost 4 months instead of 6 weeks.
We had another woman who had been a real estate salesperson, and she been asked by a man to show him some homes which were for sale, but actually he was just wanting to lure her into a place where he could rape her. I think I had heard her story on the news sometime prior to being in the rehab site.
The people in my section of the centre shared a floor with several different groups of mental patients, but we had a daily meeting of all on the floor for discussion, and to plan floor activities, say goodbye to those leaving etc. We also all ate in the same place. We had a large group of anorexics, almost all females, then the post traumatic stress people who mostly were in what they called the survivors program. They went through some pretty intensive sessions and some had electro shock therapy. My group was called the CORE program; I forget the purpose of that word, though it could have been an acronym. We were usually in pretty bad shape with anxiety and depression issues. While the post traumatic shock people had gone through much worse situations often, they had to be somewhat in a more stable condition before coming into their program because some of the therapy was so intense that they wouldn't have been able to cope otherwise.
No woman or no person should ever have to experience what you experienced, nano, and I am so sorry that happened to you.
I cannot.....

Rednecks been drinkin blue stuff...

Post is too long.....

Must resist!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Get off my lawn...
It's a great place to poop...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Your thread?

Yes. MY thread.

Problem?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
But them you won't be in a "real city" anymore.....
You'll need a car.
Or un trucko.
You don't know much about humanity, you can always get a ride somewhere, always, and with little to no cost. Try hitchhiking across the states, it's kind of fun, done it a few times now.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know much about humanity, you can always get a ride somewhere, always, and with little to no cost. Try hitchhiking across the states, it's kind of fun, done it a few times now.
No thanks.

I rely on myself, not the mercy of others.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No thanks.
I rely on myself, not the mercy of others.
So, you don't walk at all either, you're just lazy. Good to know.

“Go ahead.”

Since: Mar 11

Make my day.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're the one..........
Morpheus, I just don't know if I can do this.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you don't walk at all either, you're just lazy. Good to know.
Eh?!?

You consider hitch hiking as "walking"?

um........

I think you may have left some marbles with boooots......

“Go ahead.”

Make my day.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok. So I ficked up the word.
Sue me.:)
Or do me
I don't care that you messed up a word, really. I was speaking to your claim that "animals don't have X" where I thought X was either "consciousness" or "consciences." In either case, all animals that locomote via their own volition have consciousness - they're aware of their surroundings, not like we are, and respond accordingly. Some animal species, not so many, have consciences. These are the group living ones, those that need to understand and predict the behavior of conspecifics.

Baboons, for example, will try to rescue other, sometimes unrelated, baboons who are being attacked by predators. The rescue can be dangerous, but they attempt it anyways - that shows empathy and consideration.

“Go ahead.”

Make my day.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"Tree of knowledge" is allegorical. Look it up.
So anything from the Bible that contradicts your personal belief in God is metaphorical and allegorical?

Ok, works for me.

One question, though: why bother with the Bible? Why not just create whatever God you want? Or...are you just creating the God you want, to justify your actions/inactions/ and morality?

That's cool. This is the age of personal gods. Go right ahead, RR! Your God wants you to drink beer, play on topix, and say nice things to your wife. What a great God you have!

“Go ahead.”

Make my day.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Redneck is 6' 3", 210 lbs. Been shot at. Attempted at a carjack. Robbed. Beaten. Been screwed at a bowling alley. 1st blow job at a beach. Boned an ex while the "man" was elsewhere. Screwed a gf & exgf on the same day. But also loves his sons with passion, treats his animals with the utmost care & respect. Pledges allegiance to America & is an avid viewer of xnxx.
Sorry, I'm very drunk & my lady's passed out :)
RR, you know that every man on here is over six feet tall, has a great body, usually owns his own company (which hires PhDs, they always tell us), drives a great car and is the envy of all? Lots of the men tell us their member is 9 inches long! It's like all these people are clones of themselves.

And all the creationists have IQ's over 180. I've lost track of how many times creationists have claimed to have a superhuman IQ.

I think my IQ is in the mid to low 40s. I'm pretty stupid. Maybe that's why I'm not a creationist.

“Go ahead.”

Make my day.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"most"?!? Where do you assume that?
I DO consider science a gift from God.
<quoted text>
Like what?
<quoted text>
Stop. Really. Knock it off.
If you're ready to think that Noah's ark is a 100% true story, then you HAVE TO be ready to think that the earth has a "face"..........
Science is not a gift from God. Science is the product of hard working people, funding and good education systems. Historically, it flourished once it broke free from religion. There can be no science that incorporates a religious world view, but there can be scientists who are religious.

You're drunk. You probably won't get that :)

I am going to join you in drinking, my redneck friend.

“Go ahead.”

Make my day.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What?!?
So says a woman...
It takes a surgical glove & K-Y.
Or so I've heard :)
So how do you get K-Y jelly off your keyboard?

:p

“Go ahead.”

Make my day.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Redneck's tried that. The left hand is only good for hair stroking, and the like..........
Sucks, but the right hand is amply prepared to tackle the situation.
Ok, but what do you do if you're holding a beer in your right hand?

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

Boss of the Inland Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
RR, you know that every man on here is over six feet tall, has a great body, usually owns his own company (which hires PhDs, they always tell us), drives a great car and is the envy of all? Lots of the men tell us their member is 9 inches long! It's like all these people are clones of themselves.
And all the creationists have IQ's over 180. I've lost track of how many times creationists have claimed to have a superhuman IQ.
I think my IQ is in the mid to low 40s. I'm pretty stupid. Maybe that's why I'm not a creationist.
Yup! That's true! All of us guys look like Da Vinci's David and are insanely rich.
As far as your IQ? That's how we like em. Pretty and Dumb as a box of rocks....!
(Snicker...) lol!

“Go ahead.”

Make my day.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup! That's true! All of us guys look like Da Vinci's David and are insanely rich.
As far as your IQ? That's how we like em. Pretty and Dumb as a box of rocks....!
(Snicker...) lol!
Welcome home! I drew a hot bath for you and will bring a cold beer for your enjoyment.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 538,341 - 538,360 of720,030
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

585 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 min June VanDerMark 532,358
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 16 min bacon hater 93,656
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 18 min An NFL Fan 114,958
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 19 min WildWeirdWillie 172,226
Game of Thrones Ebook Download Free [PDF] (Feb '13) 24 min John 53
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 26 min Dr_Zorderz 256,372
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 1 hr ShanXXX 392
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 3 hr Perera 4,474
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••