“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#567082 Nov 29, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I don't think that there's one single piece of science that has disproven anything in the Bible.
Many of the claims of the bible have been falsified by science.

One cannot convince anybody of anything without their willingness to impartially evaluate an argument and be convinced by a compelling argument - the definition of an open mind. You don't have that.

And of course, since no one can convince a man of that which he has a stake in not believing, we don't base our judgment on whether something is proven by the refusals of the people that are committed to resisting the proof.

Doesn't it make sense that we would ignore the protestations of people vested in science being wrong, especially when they are the only ones saying so?

“The Intrepid”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#567083 Nov 29, 2012
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>Wow! You didn't have any one to turn to, anyone to lean on and help you with such a large emotional load. Must have been hell to you especially at such a young age.
It was hard. Last night I couldn't help but go over it again while trying to go to sleep and I recalled that she(mom) had never called the police when I disappeared that time. It was the longest I'd ever been missing.:(
I mean, SERIOUSLY? wtf?
What kind of parent doesn't call the police when their kid is missing for so long? I could have ended up permanently missing.

“O'si yo!”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#567084 Nov 29, 2012
ROCCO wrote:
<quoted text>
There are not "Billions of churches" on the planet.
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_churches_a...
"An estimate I saw about a year ago was 3.7 million Christian congregations. I believe there are around 67,000 denominations. There are close to 50,000 new congregations being added each year. I don't know how many are closing each year so I don't know if its net 50000 per year or not. Not much of this growth is in the US or Europe, but in South America, Africa and Asia. Check out this link http://www.gordonconwell.edu/ockenga/globalch... ;
And this link will show you some interesting facts and trends about Christianity:
http://www.religioustolerance.org/worldrel.ht...
Religion Date Founded Sacred Texts Membership 4 % of World 5
Christianity 30 CE The Bible 2,039 million 32%(dropping)
Islam 622 CE Qur'an & Hadith 1,570 million 22%(growing)
Hinduism 1500 BCE with truly ancient roots Bhagavad-Gita, Upanishads, & Rig Veda 950 million 13%(stable)
No religion
(Note 1)
-
None 775 million 12%(dropping)
Chinese folk religion 270 BCE None 390 million 6%
Buddhism 523 BCE The Tripitaka (consisting of the Vinaya, the Sutras, and the Abhidharma) 350 - 1,600 million (2) 6%(stable?)
Tribal Religions, Shamanism, Animism Prehistory Oral tradition 232 million 4%
Atheists No date None 150 million 2%
New religions. Various Various 103 million 2%
Sikhism 1500 CE Guru Granth Sahib 23.8 million <1%
Judaism Note 3 Torah, Tanach, & Talmud 14.5 million <1%
Spiritism 12.6 million <1%
Baha'i Faith 1863 CE Alkitab Alaqdas 7.4 million <1%
Confucianism 520 BCE Lun Yu 6.3 million <1%
Jainism 570 BCE Siddhanta, Pakrit 4.3 million <1%
Zoroastrianism 600 to 6000 BCE Avesta 2.7 million <1%
Shinto 500 CE Kojiki, Nohon Shoki 2.7 million <1%
Taoism Note 4 550 BCE Tao-te-Ching 2.7 million <1%
Other Various Various 1.1 million <1%
Wicca Note 5 800 BCE, 1940 CE None 0.5 million? <1%
I did not specify 'Christian' churches, i merely said billions of churches.
how many churches do you suppose is in your home town alone?
i can open the phone book in my SMALL town and count approx 70 churches.
thats in a SMALL country area.
this planet is covered with churches.
and my point to the OTHER poster was that if the holy bible were not trustworthy there should would not be so many churches thriving as they have and do.

Since: Nov 12

Paducah, KY

#567085 Nov 29, 2012
What in the world? Crazy talk going on in here!!

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#567086 Nov 29, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
In my family violence is avoided.
however i was raised (long ago) that if you are attacked you should do whatever you must to defend yourself.
running from a bully never fixes the problem.
bully's bully because they know they can intimidate someone and get away with it.
teaching your child to not be afraid, to stand their ground and not allow anyone to intimidate them is how you stop a bully.
Yep- just ignore me, you reprobate.

Only a reprobate would not only falsely accuse someone of lying about what was clearly written, but only a reprobate would not admit they were wrong to make the accusation or to apologize for doing so.

What you know about ethics or integrity wouldn't even cover the head of the smallest pin in the world.

I guess that makes you a REALLY "good" Christian, huh?

Feh.

“The Intrepid”

Location hidden

#567087 Nov 29, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
nukes
for now
in the future, we will build clean nukes, we are actually close now
Who needs nukes when we have Skynet now?

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

#567088 Nov 29, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Then you do not know how to read. At the end of that post, she told me to "learn some culture *creep*.
That IS an insult as is you accusing me of intentionally fabricating a falsehood.
how is telling you to learn some culture an insult?
i tell folks on here all the time to get educated in the bible before they try to challenge it.

her post was not worded in a rude manner or riddled with name calling.

“The Intrepid”

Location hidden

#567089 Nov 29, 2012
Christian Schirnhofer wrote:
We don't need to proove it because we can now proof that the universe can have been created out of nothing without the need of God or any other creator. Yes, things do start existing out of nothing, it is a sientific fact.
All those so called believers are nothign more than confused people, too confused to focus on their own little lifes so they divert their attention to somewhere else. Read a book aout the Christian cruisades and tell me if those folks did the right thing, spread the word of God that is or if they created nothing else but war, misery and chaos.
Christian Schirnhofer
Excuse me, but "virtual particles" are not " something from nothing". A quantum fluctuation isn't quite what you think it is. Not that you have even the remotest clue.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#567090 Nov 29, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
i tell folks on here all the time to get educated in the bible before they try to challenge it.
OMG- she called me a CREEP. That is name-calling.

Thanks for proving my point- you as a REALLY good Christian have NO ethics and NO integrity whatsoever.

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

#567091 Nov 29, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Because others here, and I suspect you too, are getting tired of my long-winded posts, and because I have answered that numerous times, and I think you stated that you are familiar with the debates we have had with Yellodg/Pattiecake58, you would have seen those answers too, so I am going to state that I have given my side of the story.
Briefly though, there is no evidence ever found, that any event of the nature of that story every occurred, and the story itself as told in the Bible has many different interpretations many of which I am not very familiar with, because that story was not given a lot of thought in my background, though I had heard it many times.
To date none of the actual events in the stories of any of the Bible has been confirmed to have happened. We have that proved, on the most recent information available. That doesn't disprove the stories, or at least some of them, but none are proved.
Otherwise we are just kicking the same dead dog, or whatever the proper expression is.
don't you think it would be fair if you would do what you expect of me and others to do? You want me to say,'I' believe when addressing issues of the bible.
so would it not be equally fair for you to say,'you' don't believe what is presented out there concerning biblical truths?

I believe what i believe based on what I have read, saw, studied, and experienced in MY life.
for me that IS sufficent proof.
and since ones faith is a personal relationship they develope with God, then should I not be allowed to fully experience what it is I believe and know in my heart?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#567092 Nov 29, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you honestly think calling someone a "creep" is not an insult?

Okay, CREEP.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#567093 Nov 29, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Not to mention that she is an IDIOT- one does not "learn" culture- one ATTAINS culture or ACQUIRES culture.

Of course, given how you and nano have no culture at all, I'm not surprised you don't know that, and given how WILLFULLY IGNORANT and INTELLECTUALLY LAZY you are, I'm not surprised you don't think calling someone a "creep" is name-calling, despite that it DEFINITELY is.

Get lost.

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

#567094 Nov 29, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Nano's post- post #565798 on page #26928:
"Emily Post on handshaking, "...there are guidelines, but they are flexible and if someone is not aware of them, the guidelines should be overlooked and the proper response made.
For example, strictly speaking, it is a woman's place to offer her hand or not to a man, but if he should extend his hand first, she must give him hers. Technically, it is the place of a man to whom another is being introduced to offer his hand first, but the gesture is simultaneous."
I almost never offer my hand first, except in a business setting. It's my right to choose whether to offer it or not.
" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Handshake" ; ;
There are plenty of cultures and situations in which it is perfectly acceptable for a woman to choose not to offer her hand to just any man who is presented to her.
********Go learn a little culture, creep.********"
See it, NOW??????????
You owe me an apology- BIG TIME.
Let's see if you're enough of a MENSCH to do the right thing.
I suspect I'll see Godot ambling up the road (not that you have ANY clue as to that reference) long before you apologize.
i did not see the word creep.
so i apologize.

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

#567095 Nov 29, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>I don't believe resorting to violence is the way to deal with being bullied.
Violence more often than not begets MORE violence.
Why are you Christians such a VIOLENT bunch of people? Why do you embrace violence which goes against the teaching of your Jesus?
In other words, why do so many Christians here make it a POINT to spit on and SH*T on your Jesus?
what? what makes you think Christians are the violent ones?
first of all any bully who bullies another child with name calling and shoving and making fun of, is steming from a child who was not raised right to begin with.
Christians do not advocate violence.
i think it should be avoided at all costs.
BUT, i don't think anyone should allow another person to intimidate them and bully them. I believe we must 'ALL' stand up for ourselves and it is MOEronic to stand by and let some one beat you to death with trying to defend yourself.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#567096 Nov 29, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
i did not see the word creep.
so i apologize.
Gee- I only pointed it out to you several times........okay- whatever- thanks for the apology.

In the future, perhaps you should try reading through entire posts before falsely accusing people of lying about what was written and which you would have seen had you actually read the ENTIRE post.

Cedar Rapids, IA

#567097 Nov 29, 2012
http://youtu.be/z29jFDmkoEc

this link is a great help.

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

#567098 Nov 29, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>No dearie- it is YOU and the majority of Christians on this thread who do not respect the rights of others to believe as they do.
Not gonna bother with the rest of your dopey post- you're not deserving of your inane posts being read nor are you worthy of any respect.
And until you apologize about nano's post in which she most certainly DID insult me, don't bother me again.
Now you know you are lying when you say such things.
I have said that every one has a right to choose how they will live their life.
the fact i might not agree has nothing to do with me trying to stop you from frolicking in sinful behavior.

sharing ones opinions is not restricting you from sharing your own.

why are you so hostile toward Christians?

Cedar Rapids, IA

#567100 Nov 29, 2012
http://youtu.be/GfmERwdaT5w

try this one too.

“The Intrepid”

Location hidden

#567101 Nov 29, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Say what? You accuse other people of stalking – jeesus christ on a crutch the irony meter just exploded
And I also think you paranoia is getting the better of you – perhaps it’s time to up your olanzapine dose
And now you go on about bullying while spreading nasties and lies about other people – your hypocrisy knows no bounds
Is it ant wonder you are earning the accolade of being the most disliked poster on topix?
I saw this on another posters profile recently.

" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/How_to_Win_Frien... ;

Which reminded of a similar comment on yet another poster's profile, "How to make friends with money and a gun".

Amusing, yet I am not here to "win" friends or influence anybody like so many fools on Topix.

I do find it odd that your group is so concerned with censoring and chasing off anybody who has different opinions than yourself. Only the truly insecure feel the need to censor the opposition.

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

#567102 Nov 29, 2012
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are going to stereotype atheists, then presumably you can do the same for religious people. So let's hear what all religious people are like and what they do.
when i listed lesbo, plh, and boots, i was not sterotyping atheists
i was sterotyping "stalkers" on topix.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 3 min Remnant of 144000 39,402
Key to Patriot's changes against Seahawks 4 min Doctor REALITY 4
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min guest 568,899
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 7 min Remnant of 144000 607,281
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 9 min MUQ2 267,679
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 49 min Al Capone 5,331
Do white girls like Hispanic guys? (Girls who a... (Jan '14) 1 hr Basque_Spaniards 17
Scientific proof for God's existence 3 hr Ooogah Boogah 660
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Mar '14) 10 hr Fred 178
More from around the web