Prove there's a god.

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#567405 Nov 30, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Liar.
Just because you jump in half way through a conversation and no fooking clue what happened prior to you interruptions does not make me a liar it just makes you ignorant

As you have discovered on previous occasions I do not lie, I have no god to lie for unlike you and I see no point in demeaning myself

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

#567406 Nov 30, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, and at the last minute too. The US didn't care about ending the war, only protecting themselves.
That’s how it seems, there was no overt involvement prior to Pearl harbour and Hitler declaring war on the UK the following day

I believe that covertly the US doing a great fence sitting job of selling to both the allied and axis forces up that fateful couple of days

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

#567407 Nov 30, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
wha.........?
You doh…

It’s easy to understand really, you have no clue, not surprising the only thing that is surprising I that you would advertise your lack of intelligence

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Proud Member”

Since: Dec 10

The Basket of Deplorables

#567408 Nov 30, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>The difference between the two is that we forced Japan to agree to never have their own army capable of launching offensive attacks.
http://www.theatlantic.com/international/arch...
They signed the agreement in 1947.
http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Status_of_Force...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
bigtoe

Clifton, NJ

#567409 Nov 30, 2012
no way!

#567410 Nov 30, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
you should read about the development of the 3rd reich from a christian perspective some time, if you dare. a 'confessing church' emerged out from what became the liberal church-state and were very outspoken against the evils of hitler & the reich. lots of martyrdoms occured at that time and deitrich bonhoefer was at the forefront.
it's kinda akin to these handwringing so-called 'lutherans' in America who don't have enough spiritual fortitude to vote against homosexual clergy in their own congregations or againt the spirit of antichrist in government.
you can have the whole lot of them! they're always talking as if europe is the ultimate pattern anyways and they drive lil euro-like cars thinking that they're saving the planet for doing so.....
The 3rd Reich was a christian perspective

The Vatican ambassador to the Reich was a christian perspective

Mein kampf was a christian perspective

The killing of Jews was a chrsitian perspective

Is this like the martyrdoms that christianity claims 300 years before christianity became christianity?

Personally I would prefer to read about it from a FACTUAL perspective, I am not interested in faith, cop out, excuses and BS but FACTS

Just because you do not like the fact that Hitler was christian and that the 3ed Reich was modelled on christian belief in no way means that Hitler was not christian it just
means that you don’t like it

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

#567411 Nov 30, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>But...but...but that's the only way OCB/Christine knows how to interact with "your kind". Baseless, offensive accusations
Nope truthful and factual comments based on fact and truth and the posts of the person, such posts as yours claiming that I lie when you have no fooking clue as to what truth actually is. You version of truth (faith) is not truth but guesswork and you prove it every time you open your mouth and some idiot puts there foot in it

Look up the definition of the word truth

Truth and Fact are concepts that you as a person of faith seems to have trouble understanding

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

#567412 Nov 30, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I know...
Thought I'd beat her to the punch.
You know what though did?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#567413 Nov 30, 2012
Prove that there is love then....what is it? Some people believe, some not....But there is some chemistry in it, some energy, you feel that person. If that person in trouble you feel that smth is wrong with him/her. So what is it? Same is God maybe...not some Grandfather sitting in white clothes on a cloud.... but some energy thing, and we call it God....

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#567414 Nov 30, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I don't think he made that claim. However, the bible does not condemn it, and gives rules on how to be a proper slave/slave master, therefore giving it's tacit approval.
It does?...

Would you please tell me where it says in the bible how *"I"*(a Christian) should be a proper slave master.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#567415 Nov 30, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>How did you get through school without having to shower around other boys?
Didn't play sports and showering after PE was optional.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#567416 Nov 30, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
the most obvious quality of a christian
is their lack of education
never such a thing as a lack!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#567417 Nov 30, 2012
timn17 wrote:
This is kind of off topic - but it's funny to me that you can actually type out that whole story without realizing how absurd it is. God put man in the garden, gave him free will and curiosity, and then placed a tree in the garden to tempt man - and then punishes man for exercising the tools he gave him.
That was His plan....

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#567418 Nov 30, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Those Brits are really touchy about what wars America won , because they know we kicked their ass good when they were the most powerful nation on Earth. They get confused nowadays and think because we didn't kill every last one of somebody it means we lost.
Good call.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#567419 Nov 30, 2012
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Ar Ar is "sensitive", and, "delicate".
Don't make me 'slap' you...

'_'

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#567420 Nov 30, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
I've answered you twice already. As I said, the second time, you told me that you didn't read the answer. You don't care what I believe or why.
Maybe you'll read Ingersoll on your religion:
[1] MINISTERS WONDER HOW I CAN BE WICKED ENOUGH TO ATTACK THE BIBLE.
Robert Green Ingersoll (1833-1899)
"I will tell them:
"This book, the Bible, has persecuted, even unto death, the wisest and the best. This book stayed and stopped the onward movement of the human race. This book poisoned the fountains of learning and misdirected the energies of man.
"This book is the enemy of freedom, the support of slavery. This book sowed the seeds of hatred in families and nations, fed the flames of war, and impoverished the world.
"This book is the breastwork of kings and tyrants -- the enslaver of women and children. This book has corrupted parliaments and courts. This book has made colleges and universities the teachers of error and the haters of science.
"This book has filled Christendom with hateful, cruel, ignorant and warring sects. This book taught men to kill their fellows for religion's sake.
"This book funded the Inquisition, invented the instruments of torture, built the dungeons in which the good and loving languished, forged the chains that rusted in their flesh, erected the scaffolds whereon they died. This book piled fagots about the feet of the just. This book drove reason from the minds of millions and filled the asylums with the insane.
"This book has caused fathers and mothers to shed the blood of their babes. This book was the auction block on which the slave-mother stood when she was sold from her child. This book filled the sails of the slave-trader and made merchandise of human flesh.
"This book lighted the fires that burned "witches" and "wizards."
"This book filled the darkness with ghouls and ghosts, and the bodies of men and women with devils. This book polluted the souls of men with the infamous dogma of eternal pain. This book made credulity the greatest of virtues, and investigation the greatest of crimes.
"This book filled nations with hermits, monks and nuns -- with the pious and the useless. This book placed the ignorant and unclean saint above the philosopher and philanthropist.
"This book taught man to despise the joys of this life, that he might be happy in another -- to waste this world for the sake of the next.
"I attack this book because it is the enemy of human liberty -- the greatest obstruction across the highway of human progress.
"Let me ask the ministers one question: How can you be wicked enough to defend this book?"
[2] RELIGION IS FEAR AND SLAVERY
What, after all, is religion?
It is fear.
Fear builds the altar and offers the sacrifice.
Fear erects the cathedral and bows the head of man in worship.
Fear bends the knees and utters the prayer.
Fear pretends to love.
Religion teaches the slave-virtues -- obedience, humility, self-denial, forgiveness, non-resistance.
Lips, religious and fearful, tremblingly repeat this passage: "Though he slay me, yet will I trust him." This is the abyss of degradation.
Religion does not teach self-reliance, independence, manliness, courage, self-defense. Religion makes God a master and man his serf. The master cannot be great enough to make slavery sweet.
-- Robert Green Ingersoll
OK, so I guess that Christianity isn't cruel to you...

(I'm forced to guess because you refuse to answer.)

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#567421 Nov 30, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It does?...
Would you please tell me where it says in the bible how *"I"*(a Christian) should be a proper slave master.
You don't know your bible too well, do you?

Exodus 21:1-36

English Standard Version (ESV)
Laws About Slaves

21 “Now these are the rules that you shall set before them. 2 When you buy a Hebrew slave,[a] he shall serve six years, and in the seventh he shall go out free, for nothing. 3 If he comes in single, he shall go out single; if he comes in married, then his wife shall go out with him. 4 If his master gives him a wife and she bears him sons or daughters, the wife and her children shall be her master's, and he shall go out alone. 5 But if the slave plainly says,‘I love my master, my wife, and my children; I will not go out free,’ 6 then his master shall bring him to God, and he shall bring him to the door or the doorpost. And his master shall bore his ear through with an awl, and he shall be his slave forever.

7 “When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she shall not go out as the male slaves do. 8 If she does not please her master, who has designated her[b] for himself, then he shall let her be redeemed. He shall have no right to sell her to a foreign people, since he has broken faith with her. 9 If he designates her for his son, he shall deal with her as with a daughter. 10 If he takes another wife to himself, he shall not diminish her food, her clothing, or her marital rights. 11 And if he does not do these three things for her, she shall go out for nothing, without payment of money.

20 “When a man strikes his slave, male or female, with a rod and the slave dies under his hand, he shall be avenged. 21 But if the slave survives a day or two, he is not to be avenged, for the slave is his money.

26 “When a man strikes the eye of his slave, male or female, and destroys it, he shall let the slave go free because of his eye. 27 If he knocks out the tooth of his slave, male or female, he shall let the slave go free because of his tooth.

28 “When an ox gores a man or a woman to death, the ox shall be stoned, and its flesh shall not be eaten, but the owner of the ox shall not be liable. 32 If the ox gores a slave, male or female, the owner shall give to their master thirty shekels[e] of silver, and the ox shall be stoned.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#567422 Nov 30, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It does?...
The Bible does not specifically condemn the practice of slavery. It gives instructions on how slaves should be treated (Deuteronomy 15:12-15; Ephesians 6:9; Colossians 4:1), but does not outlaw slavery altogether. Many see this as the Bible condoning all forms of slavery.

http://www.gotquestions.org/Bible-slavery.htm...

Need more, RR?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#567423 Nov 30, 2012
<quoted text>
Nonsense. The basic rule of your god - men speaking as gods, really - is submission and obedience. Nothing frustrates your priests more than free will, which they despise and demean at every turn. One is constantly reminded that only he can choose obedience, or pay if he doesn't.
That's not a celebration of freedom. It's a lamentation.
I have no priests, so.....

Your point is flawed.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#567424 Nov 30, 2012
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
The theory of evolution is correct. That is not merely an opinion. It is a conclusion supported by mountains of evidence, and is the the consensus opinion of the experts. It has withstood the scrutiny of peer review for over a century and a half, with new fields of evidence piling one on top of another, all pointing to that conclusion.
And your god didn't employ descent by modification over deep time. He twitched his nose if he has one. It was an instant process, as it is in virtually all creation myths. None of them to my knowledge get the answer correct, and most assuredly not Genesis. And surely you've read the fundies' objections to "macroevolution," a tacit acknowledgement that your god used magic, not Darwinian evolution
You don't have to join us. You can choose church instead. Either way, the matter is settled. Nobody but the scientists has a vote - certainly not fundie Christians, who are committed to undermining science.
I didn't say evolution is incorrect, did I?

My point was that you boast & brag that God is completely false and manmade, yet you have nothing to back that up.

Why won't you admit that's your opinion?

Since we both agree that evolution happens, let's ask this question: HOW did evolution happen? What kick started the whole thing? Was it God? Was it "nature"?

Can you grasp even the possibility that God actually DID create everything in the beginning? Not that He's still creating - He's not, He got it all started. IMO

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 2 min Chick240 9,500
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 4 min Neville Thompson 45,565
Dirty k,.k 6 min Lips5152 2
Topix is getting CRAZY 9 min slurps1017 7
HILLARY CLINTON lS DEAD! 13 min Lixy9187 8
Ever masturbated in school thinking of a teacher (Jun '13) 17 min Moaner8768 17
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 1 hr Hottie1582 4,931
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr ATHEOI 70,036
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Thinking 282,863
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 hr Anthony MN 658,358
Clinton Hackers Of The Rich And Famous 10 hr Chelsea 1
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 12 hr Jersey97boy 86
More from around the web