"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I liked him in The Sopranos.
He was great in Monsters, Inc.(I couldn't see his teeth.)

“Today we pray”

Since: Jul 12

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
What do old people smell like?
Depends...
I get it!

Depends......

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Well, in addition to the many "isms" which denote prejudice, ageism is among them.
What a shame. And all the more, since "god" willing, we will ALL grow old- silly to be prejudiced against what is inevitable- if one is lucky enough to live to an "old" age, that is.....
Cute joke/play on words, btw.
How 'bout OCBism? Is that bad, too?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

Al Garcia wrote:
There's a wrong kind [of nudity]?
You don't want to see the nits in nano's bush, do you? They don't look any better than the ones in her eyebrows.

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Which parts, the mushy parts, chase scenes in cars, chase scenes on foot, me whooping bullies, the Mexican standoff, me versus the supernatural, the kidnapping scenarios, the rescue, blah, blah, blah?
It was rhetorical...

But if you insist - the mushy parts first :)

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Could you TRY a response without all the name calling?!
What would you call a white Brazilian? A white South African? How about a white Mexican?
Why is African-American considered a race? It's not.
Would you consider all them Caucasians, too? I doubt very much that they would....
"Asian is a race."
"Asian" Asian refers to anything related to the continent of Asia, but I suspect you wouldn't call a Russian an "Asian", would you?
Don't tell me to learn something new, I've posted several times where the "Caucasian" people come from. YOU are the one that seems to refuse to listen.
Again, if you are BORN in the United States, you are an AMERICAN. You are NOT African-American, Italian-American, British-American. You are American. Again, when people say that they are French-American, etc.- that is NONSENCE. You cannot be two countries. You are the country you are born in.
LOL!! Without the name calling? A post of mine in response to your post in which you said I am really dumb???

Are YOU that dumb to dare to try to take me to task for name calling given what an expert YOU are at it???

PFFT.

What do I call a white Brazilian? A caucasian or white South American and/or Brazilian.

A white South African? Just that.

WHY do you not see the difference between RACE and NATIONALITY when the two are two totally different things????

Yes- where one is born determines their NATIONALITY. No argument there.

But where one is born does NOT determine their RACE.

To say Italian-American, British-American denotes a NATIONALITY- NOT a RACE!

In the case of African-Americans, that denotes a POSSIBLE nationality IF they are from Africa as well as a RACE.

African-American is NOT a race- on that you are correct, but AFRICAN IS a race in ADDITION to possibly being a NATIONALITY as well.

In ANY case, there is a WORLD of difference between what is a nationality and what is a race.

A WHITE/CAUCASIAN person could be born in CHINA- their RACE would still be white/Caucasian, but their NATIONALITY would be CHINESE.

By the same token, an ASIAN person could be born in the UNITED STATES- their RACE would still be Asian, but their NATIONALITY would be AMERICAN.

Is this really THIS hard for you to grasp????

WTF is WRONG with you????

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Is " penchant" your new favorite word? You've said it like 10 times between today & yesterday.
It is a word I've used for the majority of my 58 years.

Sorry for your luck that it's obviously a new word to YOU.

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>The "rest" of society? Do you actually think that other than you all of society is dependent upon or takes medication for high cholesterol or high blood pressure?
They don't- but for most of those who do, taking those pills or not taking them is a matter of life and death.
Only a MORON would refuse to take a pill if told by a doctor that the medication was the only way to get their cholesterol or blood pressure under control and that without that medication, they could risk a heart attack or death.
And too funny- you refuse to take pills that are prescribed ONLY if they are needed- yet you SMOKE cigarettes which is DEFINITELY not needed and is also reported to contribute to high cholesterol AND high blood pressure- TOO TOO funny!
And yes- I am also a smoker, but luckily for me, my BP is ALWAYS normal and a very good normal at 120/70 most times and my cholesterol is also within normal range.
Still and all, if I had high cholesterol or high blood pressure and chose to continue smoking, I would most definitely take medication that could save my life.
Then again, yesterday you claimed that as a born-again Christian, you will never die........so no reason not to add another delusion to your already delusional mind- that being that the "rest" of society is dependent on drugs, which is NOT the case, but even if it was, being dependent on something that could mean the difference between living and dying is NOT a bad thing.
I won't die. My body will, sure. That's how God made us. My soul will be forever. Deal with it.

Why is it "stupid" to dent high BP meds? My BP was something like 145/105, the doc tried to prescribe me meds (the easy way out). I flat out told him no, I'll fix it myself. In just a few months, I had it down to a better rate. It's held there for many years now. I didn't "need" medication.

When I say the "rest of society", of course I don't mean everyone but me. There's a lot of folks out there that refuse worthless medication.

BUT, 61% of Americans are on some type if medication for a "chronic" health problem. 25% of seniors take 5 pills a day. That's a lot of pill poppers. It's become an epidemic all it's own. We're becoming a pill dependent society. The scary thing is the long term repercussions that are unknown.

Look at those ridiculous pill commercials. How many side effects are people willing to put up with? Sure, your heart rate will drop, but you'll get hit flashes, bed sites, anal leakage, loss iof hearing, erectile dysfunction, etc, etc..... It's NOT worth it.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
How 'bout OCBism? Is that bad, too?
Hey- most "isms" come about due to fear- I do realize that you being NO match for me makes you VERY fearful......

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It was rhetorical...
But if you insist - the mushy parts first :)
Speaking of new favorite words- what a "coincidence" that you used the word "rhetorical"- a word you NEVER use- just a short time after I used that very same word today.....

Go ahead- deny, deny, deny.......

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't want to see the nits in nano's bush, do you? They don't look any better than the ones in her eyebrows.
"Once you've seen one woman naked, you wanna see 'em all naked."

-Bill White :)

Since: Nov 12

Cancún, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

just look around i diddent make this world did you? end of conversation

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

OCB wrote:
What do I call a white Brazilian? A caucasian or white South American and/or Brazilian.
A white South African? Just that.
huh.....

So you'd call a white South African a white South African, but you call YOURSELF a Caucasian and not a white American........

Very strange.

But thanks for making my point, you white American.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm thinking Ernest Borgnine or Ed Asner.
Jack Elam...

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

OCB wrote:
In the case of African-Americans, that denotes a POSSIBLE nationality IF they are from Africa as well as a RACE.
African-American is NOT a race- on that you are correct, but AFRICAN IS a race in ADDITION to possibly being a NATIONALITY as well.
African is a race?

Why isn't North American a race?

Answer: Because African isn't a race.

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Hey- most "isms" come about due to fear- I do realize that you being NO match for me makes you VERY fearful......
I'm shakin' in my little booties.......

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Speaking of new favorite words- what a "coincidence" that you used the word "rhetorical"- a word you NEVER use- just a short time after I used that very same word today.....
Go ahead- deny, deny, deny.......
I've "never" used the word rhetorical before?

Prove it.

You can't because you're wrong.

But..... Whatever floats yer boat.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I won't die. My body will, sure. That's how God made us. My soul will be forever. Deal with it.
Why is it "stupid" to dent high BP meds? My BP was something like 145/105, the doc tried to prescribe me meds (the easy way out). I flat out told him no, I'll fix it myself. In just a few months, I had it down to a better rate. It's held there for many years now. I didn't "need" medication.
When I say the "rest of society", of course I don't mean everyone but me. There's a lot of folks out there that refuse worthless medication.
BUT, 61% of Americans are on some type if medication for a "chronic" health problem. 25% of seniors take 5 pills a day. That's a lot of pill poppers. It's become an epidemic all it's own. We're becoming a pill dependent society. The scary thing is the long term repercussions that are unknown.
Look at those ridiculous pill commercials. How many side effects are people willing to put up with? Sure, your heart rate will drop, but you'll get hit flashes, bed sites, anal leakage, loss iof hearing, erectile dysfunction, etc, etc..... It's NOT worth it.
I don't know why it's stupid to dent high BP meds- maybe to make them easier to swallow?

As to the rest of your post- you make some valid points and some not valid at all.

To each his- or HER- own, RR- you're very cocky at the age of 46- I don't really hold that against you as I am also very cocky about my age of 58, but I also know that can change on a dime- the stupid commercials notwithstanding- which, btw, have ALL those disclaimers due to wanting to avoid law suits for the pretty rare occurrences of any of those things happening.

In any case, if I had to choose between hot flashes and dying, chances are I'd suffer through the flashes.

MANY people would think any or all of the possible- yet highly improbable- side effects would be worth it if it meant saving their lives as well as improving the OVERALL QUALITY of their lives.

BTW, fix your typos- and I don't care if by chance you are posting from your phone- get a grip.

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>It is a word I've used for the majority of my 58 years.
Sorry for your luck that it's obviously a new word to YOU.
Here's a new word for you: humility.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
huh.....
So you'd call a white South African a white South African, but you call YOURSELF a Caucasian and not a white American........
Very strange.
But thanks for making my point, you white American.
LIAR- just earlier I posted that when asked my race- and it depends on HOW I am being asked- I will say I am either Caucasian or white.

That is my RACE. So you are a LIAR- I did post I say I am either white or Caucasian.

Indeed- I AM a white OR Caucasian American!

You're finally getting it....maybe.....but before I rush to judgement on that, let's see if you can get THIS part:

My RACE is white or Caucasian.

My NATIONALITY is American.

Put it all together and you will see that I don't disagree with you saying I am a white American- as I surely am.

The term "white American" denotes one's RACE followed by denoting one's NATIONALITY.

Got it now?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 538,301 - 538,320 of679,096
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••