Prove there's a god.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#567431 Nov 30, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>You don't know your bible too well, do you?
Exodus 21:1-36
English Standard Version (ESV)
Laws About Slaves
21 “Now these are the rules that you shall set before them. 2 When you buy a Hebrew slave,[a] he shall serve six years, and in the seventh he shall go out free, for nothing. 3 If he comes in single, he shall go out single; if he comes in married, then his wife shall go out with him. 4 If his master gives him a wife and she bears him sons or daughters, the wife and her children shall be her master's, and he shall go out alone. 5 But if the slave plainly says,‘I love my master, my wife, and my children; I will not go out free,’ 6 then his master shall bring him to God, and he shall bring him to the door or the doorpost. And his master shall bore his ear through with an awl, and he shall be his slave forever.
7 “When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she shall not go out as the male slaves do. 8 If she does not please her master, who has designated her[b] for himself, then he shall let her be redeemed. He shall have no right to sell her to a foreign people, since he has broken faith with her. 9 If he designates her for his son, he shall deal with her as with a daughter. 10 If he takes another wife to himself, he shall not diminish her food, her clothing, or her marital rights. 11 And if he does not do these three things for her, she shall go out for nothing, without payment of money.
20 “When a man strikes his slave, male or female, with a rod and the slave dies under his hand, he shall be avenged. 21 But if the slave survives a day or two, he is not to be avenged, for the slave is his money.
26 “When a man strikes the eye of his slave, male or female, and destroys it, he shall let the slave go free because of his eye. 27 If he knocks out the tooth of his slave, male or female, he shall let the slave go free because of his tooth.
28 “When an ox gores a man or a woman to death, the ox shall be stoned, and its flesh shall not be eaten, but the owner of the ox shall not be liable. 32 If the ox gores a slave, male or female, the owner shall give to their master thirty shekels[e] of silver, and the ox shall be stoned.
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...
I asked where it say in the Bible that """ I """ can own a slave.

You didn't asnwer that.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#567432 Nov 30, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>The Bible does not specifically condemn the practice of slavery. It gives instructions on how slaves should be treated (Deuteronomy 15:12-15; Ephesians 6:9; Colossians 4:1), but does not outlaw slavery altogether. Many see this as the Bible condoning all forms of slavery.
http://www.gotquestions.org/Bible-slavery.htm...
Need more, RR?
Sure, copy/paste all of God's laws to the Hebrews.........

Go for it.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#567433 Nov 30, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Here we go again. Please tell me where the bible says that slavery is evil; i.e., opposite of good.
It does say this as well, though....
"Leviticus 25:44
(Leviticus 25:44)- "As for your male and female slaves whom you may have—you may acquire male and female slaves from the pagan nations that are around you."
In the fallen world that mankind had created, slavery was a reality. God permitted its existence and worked within its system. Slaves were more domestic servants than oppressed field workers. Slaves could be the captives of war (Num. 31:25-47), subjects of debt to be worked off (2 Kings 4:1), born into slavery (Gen. 17:12-13), or entered into voluntarily (Exodus 21:5-6). In the Ancient Near East, some slaves were able to own other slaves and even conduct business and in Exodus 21:2 a slave was required to be set free after six years of service. Though slavery carries a very negative connotation here in America, it was not nearly as bad it was here in the first 100 years of our nation's existence.
As I said above, God works within the fallen system to bring about His will. Slavery was permitted by God and rules of treatment of slaves were given so that they would not be mistreated."
http://carm.org/bible-difficulties/genesis-de...
Yup. That was a rule written for the Levites...

Not me.

Try again?

I did ask about """"" ME """"" owning & caring for a slave, right?

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#567434 Nov 30, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
erm..... what?
Guess or make it up, interpret something, that’s the christian way – right?

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#567435 Nov 30, 2012
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. Dick, you are such a cute little curmudgeon ..
sacrafice fundemental sinster ??
.. no wonder your post doesn't make sense. Gay marriage will not negate the constitution, your right to free speech will continue and, once again, we will not badger you about marrying a man. You'll still be able to preach on the internet, post seductive messages to women and degrade homosexuals ..
.. do you need a lollypop? Would an all-day sucker be better? Maybe a Tootsie Roll ??..
it's going to happen, HL, maybe not in our lifetime, but you sure don't have to promote the antichrist cause.

BTW- for the last time; i'm not degrading PEOPLE, but only pointing out how people are degrading themselves while trying to take the rest of us with them.....

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#567436 Nov 30, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>If you truly believe that the first man was created from dust and that the first woman was created from a rib of the first man, you do not think evolution is correct.
Such a fantastic notion as how the first man and woman came to be flies in the face of the logic, evidence and FACT of evolution.
uh-huh...

And this post of yours is FACT that you don't f_cuking read. I DID say:

"Since we both agree that evolution happens, let's ask..."

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#567437 Nov 30, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It just drives you crazy that America is such a bad ass country, huh?
Nope, I understand that you will grow up, in time

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#567438 Nov 30, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
My passport says American. It's where I was born and lived until three years ago.
But Americans trust in god. It says so on the money and in the Pledge. So I guess the answer is no, I'm not fully American.
I'm very happy that you moved to Mexico.

America doesn't need your kind.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#567439 Nov 30, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonsense. The basic rule of your god - men speaking as gods, really - is submission and obedience. Nothing frustrates your priests more than free will, which they despise and demean at every turn. One is constantly reminded that only he can choose obedience, or pay if he doesn't.
That's not a celebration of freedom. It's a lamentation.
they claim the god gave free will, and immediately demands it back.

the god is capricious, untrustworthy, his actions are vile, that of a tyrant; he created us in his image and despises 90%, he has severe mental problems.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#567440 Nov 30, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Guess or make it up, interpret something, that’s the christian way – right?
You're the one that wrote "You know what though did?", not me...

Don't pawn off your stupidity so much.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#567441 Nov 30, 2012
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. why go off the deep-end with your new persona? Really don't think you're like that in real life. Am I correct?..
why didn't you address her very valid point???

hypocrites are ssssoooo....well....hypocritic al!

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#567442 Nov 30, 2012
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
my guess is that the genealogy of Adam confirms that the account is a metaphor. So this metaphorical Adam lived x years and had a son, and then his son lived y years and had a son and so on for hundreds of years and in fact thousands of years.
I don't see confirmation of metaphor in the genealogy of Adam, unless you are simply declaring mythology and error metaphor. What is Adam a metaphor for, and how do you know?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#567443 Nov 30, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup. That was a rule written for the Levites...
Not me.
Try again?
I did ask about """"" ME """"" owning & caring for a slave, right?
What a silly post of yours.

Was the bible supposed to address RIVERSIDEREDNECK personally???

Peter 2:18-21

New International Version (NIV)

18 Slaves, in reverent fear of God submit yourselves to your masters, not only to those who are good and considerate, but also to those who are harsh. 19 For it is commendable if someone bears up under the pain of unjust suffering because they are conscious of God. 20 But how is it to your credit if you receive a beating for doing wrong and endure it? But if you suffer for doing good and you endure it, this is commendable before God. 21 To this you were called, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...

Better?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#567444 Nov 30, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, copy/paste all of God's laws to the Hebrews.........
Go for it.
No- I should know them all by heart, huh?

But gee- when YOU copy/paste from the bible, that's perfectly fine, right?

Geez....

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#567445 Nov 30, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
You're married?!? And you're still looking for hotties here?
Most married men have pretty decent salaries...hmmm...
it's really kinda funny how this keeps coming up all the time by the very same people who claim to be 'live & let live' "liberals"!

i'm not looking for anyone here, but i sure do draw heat for having a personality while pointing out the hypocricy of God-haters.

i can do this forever cuz i luv bullying back bullies;)

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#567446 Nov 30, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
uh-huh...
And this post of yours is FACT that you don't f_cuking read. I DID say:
"Since we both agree that evolution happens, let's ask..."
I DO read. You don't realize how you contradict yourself.

You have stated you believe the FAIRY TALE of Adam and Eve to be true.

When cornered on it, you have also waffled on that position.

But since you have stated you believe it to be true, that would contradict a belief in evolution.

How can you agree that evolution happens if you also believe that the first man came from dirt and the first woman from a rib of the first man?

Nothing at ALL evolutionary about that- not any more than your thinking having evolved.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#567447 Nov 30, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm very happy that you moved to Mexico.
America doesn't need your kind.
It is YOUR kind that America doesn't need- the kind with a PENCHANT for fascism, a theocracy and anarchy.

After all, you're the big tough guy who thinks taking the law into your own hands (and BREAKING the law by doing so) is the right thing to do. That is a part of what ANARCHY is.

We don't need people like you here who in SO many ways has shown your utter disregard and disrespect for this great nation and the principles it was founded upon.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#567448 Nov 30, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
well, you're incorrigible and immoral, but fun to rant against.
i reject your new-age PC/nazi idea of 'morality' and promote THEE MORALITY that doesn't change as society deteriorates.

my kind aren't going away; tho you kill us, we just multiply all the more;)

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#567449 Nov 30, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say evolution is incorrect, did I?
My point was that you boast & brag that God is completely false and manmade, yet you have nothing to back that up.
Why won't you admit that's your opinion?
Since we both agree that evolution happens, let's ask this question: HOW did evolution happen? What kick started the whole thing? Was it God? Was it "nature"?
Can you grasp even the possibility that God actually DID create everything in the beginning? Not that He's still creating - He's not, He got it all started. IMO
It was nature. It wasn't your imagined deity.

You're welcome.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#567450 Nov 30, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
it's going to happen, HL, maybe not in our lifetime, but you sure don't have to promote the antichrist cause.
BTW- for the last time; i'm not degrading PEOPLE, but only pointing out how people are degrading themselves while trying to take the rest of us with them.....
Does respecting cultural difference equate to antichrist to you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 2 min Trump Whines 46,035
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 13 min onemale 286,686
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 48 min Michael 691,959
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 2 hr trumpthedotard 6,692
"Can I have a minute..I wanna flee...?!.uh writ... 3 hr Doctor REALITY 1
Jeffreys: Evangelicals will vote for Moore 4 hr Edthirty 3
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 hr Dec 2017 News 619,839
More from around the web