Prove there's a god.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#567377 Nov 29, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Even your shortest responses are insults. Why don't you tone it down a bit?
What if I go the other way and try to be as insulting as most of the believers have been?

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#567378 Nov 29, 2012
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
Talking about intellect, I find it rather ironical that atheists believe life was randomly created from non living matter yet absolutely deny the possibility of anyone rising from the dead.
you have (conveniently) ignored the time factor.

If people could rise from the dead, there would be instances of such to study and point to. There are none.
UIdiotRaceMakeWo rldPeace

United States

#567379 Nov 29, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Those Brits are really touchy about what wars America won , because they know we kicked their ass good when they were the most powerful nation on Earth. They get confused nowadays and think because we didn't kill every last one of somebody it means we lost.
US had become evil , new one on block, the World Biggest Warmongering overlord worldwide Ruler combining the likes of Hitler, Stalin, Mao and all despot in the world === NWO ---- Did you know that?
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#567380 Nov 29, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
you have (conveniently) ignored the time factor.
If people could rise from the dead, there would be instances of such to study and point to. There are none.


You mean like Jesus Christ?

“it is almost impossible to dispute” that the first Christians had experiences that cannot be explained other than by literal appearances of the risen Jesus."

James D.G. Dunn, The Evidence for Jesus (Louisville: The Westminster Press, 1985), p. 75


In contrast, if life can be created from non living matter, there would be instances of such to study and point to. There are absolutely none in recorded history. We have billions of examples of life from life which is why it is called the law of biogenesis, zero examples of life from non-living matter.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#567381 Nov 29, 2012
UIdiotRaceMakeWorldPeace wrote:
<quoted text>US had become evil , new one on block, the World Biggest Warmongering overlord worldwide Ruler combining the likes of Hitler, Stalin, Mao and all despot in the world === NWO ---- Did you know that?

Must be why we do stuff like defeat Japan militarily and give them their country back. Hey but it's a habit we did it to Iraq too.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#567382 Nov 29, 2012
Amaze Me wrote:
<quoted text>
Just go away!! Tower in the corner .. You Don't Curse God! He still believes in you. Think about it????
If you have a valid piece of evidence then let us see it, but don't come out with comments about what God thinks or what God does. Even if a god did exist how would you know those things that you claimed in the post?

Man has found a lot of proof which makes our link to the God that most believers on here, God of Abraham, being the Bible, as pretty shaky. If anyone still holds to the Bible is 100% true, then they have lost the proof argument already, because it has been proved that the Bible is not 100% true. That doesn't disprove a god exists, but it does put the info that we have been given in a very bad light. It would tend to lead many to think that if a god exists, the Bible is not an account of whatever god that is.

The Bible God, taking the whole Bible into account, is not a God of love, as there are many more accounts of the horrors he brought on man, than there are of any signs of love towards man. So it would seem that those who believe in Him, do so out of fear or terror, rather than devotion to something good.

Maybe that thing we used to learn and recite in early Sunday School, "God Is Love" is actually what God is. Rather than a supernatural superpowerful invisible being, god is "love", the love that humans show to each other, what humans do when they are showing love to each other and not hate. But it is a feeling or a mood, not some monster that has threatened us with torture if we don't bow down to it.

People talk about loving their God, but what does that mean? No human living today has ever seen this God. No human being living today has ever heard or felt the physical touch of this God. All humans that believe only "think" and imagine about this God, so how can one love something that one has no contact with.

Would a man in South America fall in love with a woman in North Africa, who he has never seen, who he has never heard her voice, who he has never read her writing or viewed it on a computer screen, who basically he doesn't know even exists? He wouldn't even know that woman exists so how could he fall in love with her. Yet that is what humans, who claim they love God, are saying; they love something they have absolutely no idea of at all as to what that being is.

They love a god because of what some men wrote in a book thousands of years ago. Or,

do they JUST claim to love this God, because they are terrified that the myth of an eternal hell could really be true?

I would be willing to bet, that if all believing Christians were to look way down deep inside their minds, and to really be truthful with themselves about their 'real' motive for believing, we would find that most would have to admit, "because I'm scared that if I don't believe and I am wrong that I won't be able to bear that eternal torture".

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#567383 Nov 29, 2012
MGPD 327 wrote:
<quoted text>Think about it. My blind friend, I've thought about it quite enough. My mind is free, and I have a clarity of thought that you will never know, until you denounce all religion and belief in god that is. It is not to late for you my friend. Join us in the true free world. You don't know joy and wonder of having a truly free mind. Join us, before it is to late!
I have felt that freeing of the mind, when I finally admitted to myself that I don't believe there is a god. It was like a huge compressing weight had suddenly been taken away from me.
UIdiotRaceMakeWo rldPeace

United States

#567384 Nov 29, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Must be why we do stuff like defeat Japan militarily and give them their country back. Hey but it's a habit we did it to Iraq too.
japan still US puppet! US all over the world, why?
Why Invade Iraq they did nothing to us?

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#567385 Nov 29, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
If you have a valid piece of evidence then let us see it, but don't come out with comments about what God thinks or what God does. Even if a god did exist how would you know those things that you claimed in the post?
Man has found a lot of proof which makes our link to the God that most believers on here, God of Abraham, being the Bible, as pretty shaky. If anyone still holds to the Bible is 100% true, then they have lost the proof argument already, because it has been proved that the Bible is not 100% true. That doesn't disprove a god exists, but it does put the info that we have been given in a very bad light. It would tend to lead many to think that if a god exists, the Bible is not an account of whatever god that is.
The Bible God, taking the whole Bible into account, is not a God of love, as there are many more accounts of the horrors he brought on man, than there are of any signs of love towards man. So it would seem that those who believe in Him, do so out of fear or terror, rather than devotion to something good.
Maybe that thing we used to learn and recite in early Sunday School, "God Is Love" is actually what God is. Rather than a supernatural superpowerful invisible being, god is "love", the love that humans show to each other, what humans do when they are showing love to each other and not hate. But it is a feeling or a mood, not some monster that has threatened us with torture if we don't bow down to it.
People talk about loving their God, but what does that mean? No human living today has ever seen this God. No human being living today has ever heard or felt the physical touch of this God. All humans that believe only "think" and imagine about this God, so how can one love something that one has no contact with.
Would a man in South America fall in love with a woman in North Africa, who he has never seen, who he has never heard her voice, who he has never read her writing or viewed it on a computer screen, who basically he doesn't know even exists? He wouldn't even know that woman exists so how could he fall in love with her. Yet that is what humans, who claim they love God, are saying; they love something they have absolutely no idea of at all as to what that being is.
They love a god because of what some men wrote in a book thousands of years ago. Or,
do they JUST claim to love this God, because they are terrified that the myth of an eternal hell could really be true?
I would be willing to bet, that if all believing Christians were to look way down deep inside their minds, and to really be truthful with themselves about their 'real' motive for believing, we would find that most would have to admit, "because I'm scared that if I don't believe and I am wrong that I won't be able to bear that eternal torture".
I have that sinking feeling that this post (above) and the one following it, were made to posts from several years ago, when I inadvertently turned to an old page, when I thought I was going to the last post I had read before today, and when I got there I didn't note the dates. Perhaps it is the hour of the early morning, that is at fault.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#567386 Nov 29, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Must be why we do stuff like defeat Japan militarily and give them their country back. Hey but it's a habit we did it to Iraq too.
The difference between the two is that we forced Japan to agree to never have their own army capable of launching offensive attacks.

http://www.theatlantic.com/international/arch...

They signed the agreement in 1947.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#567387 Nov 29, 2012
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean like Jesus Christ?
“it is almost impossible to dispute” that the first Christians had experiences that cannot be explained other than by literal appearances of the risen Jesus."
James D.G. Dunn, The Evidence for Jesus (Louisville: The Westminster Press, 1985), p. 75
In contrast, if life can be created from non living matter, there would be instances of such to study and point to. There are absolutely none in recorded history. We have billions of examples of life from life which is why it is called the law of biogenesis, zero examples of life from non-living matter.
the jesus myth is a cristian faith belief, there is no evidence of the character depicted in the christian bible named jesus.

there is no evidence of the birth of jesus of Bethlehem
there is no evidence of the life of jesus of Nazareth
there is no evidence of the execution of the criminal jesus the christ.

if a living cell were to emerge (on earth) as a function of abiogenisis, it would be immediately consumed by the already present organisms.

I rather doubt you can prove your ascertain that none have occurred

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#567388 Nov 29, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
I have that sinking feeling that this post (above) and the one following it, were made to posts from several years ago, when I inadvertently turned to an old page, when I thought I was going to the last post I had read before today, and when I got there I didn't note the dates. Perhaps it is the hour of the early morning, that is at fault.
Hehehe. I've done that more than once.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#567389 Nov 29, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously? You think if you saw another man naked in the locker room that you would "turn" gay? How many times has a teenager told you to grow up? Grow up, dude. There, now you can say at least once.
Ar Ar is "sensitive", and, "delicate".

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#567390 Nov 29, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Almost a dozen! Can I sell one? I think we could let one go, for a profit.
Absolutely not. They are precious. Monetizing them would diminish their glory.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#567391 Nov 29, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>If you're involved in any kind of sports at school you're expected to shower in the locker room afterwards. Der.
Not me. Probably my biggest regret from high school. I never got to enjoy a steamy shower with the wrestling team. Well, not all of them at once, anyway.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#567392 Nov 29, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Not me. Probably my biggest regret from high school. I never got to enjoy a steamy shower with the wrestling team. Well, not all of them at once, anyway.
That's disgusting and a quick way to get your butt kicked.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#567393 Nov 29, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Absolutely not. They are precious. Monetizing them would diminish their glory.
Oops. Sold. You want to go out for coffee or something?

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#567394 Nov 30, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Not my point. You used the word "promiscuous" in a derogatory fashion after displaying "promiscuous" traits. I don't care if you are or not.
Ooooh, can't she just judge people while being hypocritical?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#567395 Nov 30, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
You never really answered, you posted a dozen links so I'd "go find" what you wanted me to see.
I'm a simple person asking you a simple question. You don't have to add explanations, just a basic answer wil suffice.
What is so cruel about Christianity? To you?
I've answered you twice already. As I said, the second time, you told me that you didn't read the answer. You don't care what I believe or why.

Maybe you'll read Ingersoll on your religion:

[1] MINISTERS WONDER HOW I CAN BE WICKED ENOUGH TO ATTACK THE BIBLE.
Robert Green Ingersoll (1833-1899)

"I will tell them:

"This book, the Bible, has persecuted, even unto death, the wisest and the best. This book stayed and stopped the onward movement of the human race. This book poisoned the fountains of learning and misdirected the energies of man.

"This book is the enemy of freedom, the support of slavery. This book sowed the seeds of hatred in families and nations, fed the flames of war, and impoverished the world.

"This book is the breastwork of kings and tyrants -- the enslaver of women and children. This book has corrupted parliaments and courts. This book has made colleges and universities the teachers of error and the haters of science.

"This book has filled Christendom with hateful, cruel, ignorant and warring sects. This book taught men to kill their fellows for religion's sake.

"This book funded the Inquisition, invented the instruments of torture, built the dungeons in which the good and loving languished, forged the chains that rusted in their flesh, erected the scaffolds whereon they died. This book piled fagots about the feet of the just. This book drove reason from the minds of millions and filled the asylums with the insane.

"This book has caused fathers and mothers to shed the blood of their babes. This book was the auction block on which the slave-mother stood when she was sold from her child. This book filled the sails of the slave-trader and made merchandise of human flesh.

"This book lighted the fires that burned "witches" and "wizards."

"This book filled the darkness with ghouls and ghosts, and the bodies of men and women with devils. This book polluted the souls of men with the infamous dogma of eternal pain. This book made credulity the greatest of virtues, and investigation the greatest of crimes.

"This book filled nations with hermits, monks and nuns -- with the pious and the useless. This book placed the ignorant and unclean saint above the philosopher and philanthropist.

"This book taught man to despise the joys of this life, that he might be happy in another -- to waste this world for the sake of the next.

"I attack this book because it is the enemy of human liberty -- the greatest obstruction across the highway of human progress.

"Let me ask the ministers one question: How can you be wicked enough to defend this book?"

[2] RELIGION IS FEAR AND SLAVERY

What, after all, is religion?

It is fear.

Fear builds the altar and offers the sacrifice.

Fear erects the cathedral and bows the head of man in worship.

Fear bends the knees and utters the prayer.

Fear pretends to love.

Religion teaches the slave-virtues -- obedience, humility, self-denial, forgiveness, non-resistance.

Lips, religious and fearful, tremblingly repeat this passage: "Though he slay me, yet will I trust him." This is the abyss of degradation.

Religion does not teach self-reliance, independence, manliness, courage, self-defense. Religion makes God a master and man his serf. The master cannot be great enough to make slavery sweet.

-- Robert Green Ingersoll

Judged:

31

31

31

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#567396 Nov 30, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
The basic rule of God is freedom with some exceptions. We are to live in freedom with one another.
The basic rule of freedom is this: Every sentient adult is free to make their own choices, as long as they do not harm others.
Nonsense. The basic rule of your god - men speaking as gods, really - is submission and obedience. Nothing frustrates your priests more than free will, which they despise and demean at every turn. One is constantly reminded that only he can choose obedience, or pay if he doesn't.

That's not a celebration of freedom. It's a lamentation.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr candlesmell 703,781
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 1 hr NotSoDivineMsM 88,354
why Donald Trump is president (Oct '17) 2 hr Joe Fortuna 37
Division Of Cold Dead Hands 3 hr Happy 1
Sexual Desires: My wife pooping in my mouth (Aug '13) 3 hr poodawg 66
Trump is Gods anointed!!! 5 hr doG mnaDed lyoH r... 1
dried poppy pods (Apr '13) 6 hr poppy pod 29