Prove there's a god.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#567269 Nov 29, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Indeed he is. Creating a god as THEY wish god to be and not what they claim- that HUMANS are created in their god's image.
They have it BACKWARDS- big surprise, huh? LOL!!
Good question on why a rib would be needed to create a woman....but given how terribly misogynistic the bible is, it probably ties into women supposedly having the duty to be subservient to men.
And gee- the bible god didn't need any ribs to create non-human animals.....
There's a place for the wife and the mother, a very honored place, and a very particular place that she has in the home, her relationship to her husband and to her family, and her children.

Also there's a particular place for the husband, and particular joys and obligations that he has to fulfill. Working together in perfect love and harmony seems to be what God had in mind when He first designed the institution of marriage.

Sorry, woman's libbers.... Everyone has their place.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#567270 Nov 29, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Don't forget, if it wasn't for America you'd either be dead or a forced Nazi right now.....
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Dude.. come on. You're being stupid. Learn some history.
Exactly Tim.

History shows that there was a combination of US forces, European resistance, and Russian soldiers overtaking the Nazis.

Some people don't want to leave their little world, because it is comfortable to them, even though it maybe secluding them from answers.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#567271 Nov 29, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I wasn't claiming that our every day activities that happen to harm the environment make us evil - misguided, but not evil. I shouldn't have even used that word - but when I said it, I meant that some people are capable of doing great harm to other living beings on purpose - occasionally for what they think is a "good" cause. I think one of our scariest traits as a species is the ability to do objectively horrible things while deluding ourselves into thinking we are doing it for "good;" for example - Hitler didn't think he was a bad guy, and the guys that dropped the bomb on Japan thought they were doing it for a good reason.
You're right. We can rationalize any thing. I could go on and tell you what a great idea it was to drop "the bomb" on Japan. Or any number of things. We as a general rule are not a peaceful species. It's this attitude, perception that has allowed humanity to not only survive near extinction many millennia ago but flourish today.
We are a tough group. I just hope that were tough enough to make the right decisions.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#567272 Nov 29, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>But that' good. It's a hard thing to do. I just didn't get that from your post at first because it came right after a proclamation of human superiority.
Look who's talking about someone else's supposed arrogance.

xD

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#567273 Nov 29, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>So what? It is still an allegory that admonishes the pursuit of knowledge.
You think so huh? Have you ever done any studying on it?

Apparently not...

Do you the the tree of knowledge has anything to do with rational thought? Critical thinking? Math skills? Reading comprehension?

Look it up before you answer.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#567274 Nov 29, 2012
PHEW! Glad I missed that barrage of judgies about 45 mins ago!!

:o)

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#567275 Nov 29, 2012
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. you'll continue promoting the bible and atheists/gays will continue promoting equal rights. What's the problem ??..
the problem is with NOT having the legal freedoms to do it!

what part of my message didn't you understand?
are you willing to sacrafice fundemental freedoms of speech for gay marriage rights?

i can guarantee you that the gay issue is just a sinster ruse in this epic battle between spritual kingdoms to subvert the liberty of preaching the Gospel and is just one step closer to the complete tyranny of the devil & antichrist.

sound like a crazy twilight zone episode? the truth is always stranger than fiction and right under our noses....

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#567276 Nov 29, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Dude.. come on. You're being stupid. Learn some history.
Why? If America did't join in during WWII, the Nazi machine would've taken over all of Europe.

Location hidden

#567277 Nov 29, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, listen up booots.
Try to be more friendly, upbeat, sensitive, thoughtful and nice.
Like nano.
Why don't you go practice swallowing your tongue?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#567278 Nov 29, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>But...but...but that's the only way OCB/Christine knows how to interact with "your kind". Baseless, offensive accusations
I know...

Thought I'd beat her to the punch.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#567279 Nov 29, 2012
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. how many times must Oscar tell you he is a celibate homosexual? Isn't that what you encourage? And, you wonder why most readers rarely respond to your posts ..
friend, he got in my grill so i got in his.

there's no such thing as a celibate homo, unless the person is seeking even more attention & to be extra extra special!;)

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#567280 Nov 29, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>If I want to hear about people being "self-healed" from cancer, heart disease or stroke, I'll read the National Enquirer on the supermarket check-out line.
There is certainly much we can do to PREVENT getting any of the above diseases- not too much we can do to TREAT them ourselves once we have them and certainly not once they reach the critical stages.
That is why PREVENTIVE medical care is so important and makes ring so very true the old adage that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
Still, even using our best efforts to stay healthy and prevent disease and illness, it can and does still happen.
Finding out early enough and having it medically treated often does mean the difference between life and death.
Which is exactly why I won't bother answering you. You've already made up your mind & have found your own "facts".

Also, I see you've fallen for the ol' "preventative care" routine. I bet the insurance company loves you.

Location hidden

#567281 Nov 29, 2012
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! Same old hypocritical waaas. There is nothing inherently wrong with being promiscuous, if that's what you want to do. But as it happens that isn't my path, and I've been married for several years, faithfully. If you are going to cast aspersions about promiscuity, perhaps you'd better do that in a mirror.
Liar.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#567282 Nov 29, 2012
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Don't forget, if it wasn't for America you'd either be dead or a forced Nazi right now.....
<quoted text>
Exactly Tim.
History shows that there was a combination of US forces, European resistance, and Russian soldiers overtaking the Nazis.
Some people don't want to leave their little world, because it is comfortable to them, even though it maybe secluding them from answers.
I know that. Everyone should. The Euros & Ruskies were losing until America joined the fight.

But if America hasn't got involved, Europe would've been under Nazi control.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#567283 Nov 29, 2012
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
PHEW! Glad I missed that barrage of judgies about 45 mins ago!!
:o)
Because it matters so much?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#567284 Nov 29, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Why don't you go practice swallowing your tongue?
Nothing at ALL pointless or abusive about THIS post of yours, huh, HYPOCRITE?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#567285 Nov 29, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I know...
Thought I'd beat her to the punch.
Sorry, RR- you're wrong- yet AGAIN.

My posts are no more abusive than those of others here who are abusive which includes you AND your pal nano.

You really contribute very little here in the way of actual fact or actual substance.

You come swaggering on here full of your "manliness" and always succeed in winding up looking like the fool you are.

Speaking of beating, when it comes to verbally sparring with me, you are totally unarmed.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#567286 Nov 29, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Which is exactly why I won't bother answering you. You've already made up your mind & have found your own "facts".
Also, I see you've fallen for the ol' "preventative care" routine. I bet the insurance company loves you.
You truly are an idiot.

You'll know that should the day dawn when you are diagnosed with a life threatening illness and the doctors tell you they could have treated it effectively and cured it if it had been caught in time.

I guess my insurance company DOES love me since I PREVENT illness prior to it taking place because what it costs me- and them- is NOTHING compared to what it would be to treat a full blown case of cancer.

Preventive care is KEY to good health. ANY idiot should know that- even YOU, RR- despite your idiocy being of astounding proportion and always in all too ample and ready supply.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#567287 Nov 29, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Eh?.......
I've answered you on the "7th day of rest" question.
Again you chose not too read.
I know that the Genesis "day" doesn't mean 24 hours. There are other scriptures in the Bible that back that up. A day to us isn't the same as a day to God.
Did you chose to not read that, too?
Uh....I don't REMEMBER your answer, RR- it was some time ago, though I DO recall you at one point having said you didn't know why your god rested.

If you since changed your tune- I don't remember you having done so- believe it or not- I do NOT hang on your every word.

No- I read your BS interpretation about a day per your god not being 24 hours.

Just where did you complete your biblical scholar studies and just what degree did you obtain?

What's that- you've NEVER formally studied the bible and you don't HAVE any sort of degree?

As I already knew of course....your egomania is deluding you into thinking that YOU know what is the correct or "wrong" interpretation of what is in the bible.

Buddy, you don't know SH*T from Shinola- not about the "correct" interpretation of the bible or anything else for that matter.

You wander and amble through life happily clueless because you do embrace the adage that ignorance is bliss, so you must be one helluva blissful guy!

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#567288 Nov 29, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>You overestimated a bit, I was thinking we had about 10 adonises on here.
.. only WILDERIDE. In real life, he looks like a young Tom Cruise, very, very hot. Along with his physical beauty, his mind is will charm the socks off you. God just isn't fair ..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 16 min here 49,633
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 19 min Tony 6,063
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr hojo 647,074
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Barnsweb 445,762
4 Best book to learn CPA 1 hr VPNproxy 1
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr Steve III 44,730
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 3 hr WasteWater 2,116
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 3 hr WasteWater 105,691
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 7 hr Jockfullonutz 28
More from around the web