|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
They will, they will. We still have to cut stuff out of people! If that's not barbaric...
Leonard McCoy calls it barbaric...

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
“These are the things I learned (in Kindergarten):
1. Share everything.
2. Play fair.
3. Don't hit people.
4. Put thngs back where you found them.
5. CLEAN UP YOUR OWN MESS.
6. Don't take things that aren't yours.
7. Say you're SORRY when you HURT somebody.
8. Wash your hands before you eat.
9. Flush.
10. Warm cookies and cold milk are good for you.
11. Live a balanced life - learn some and drink some and draw some and paint some and sing and dance and play and work everyday some.
12. Take a nap every afternoon.
13. When you go out into the world, watch out for traffic, hold hands, and stick together.
14. Be aware of wonder. Remember the little seed in the Stryrofoam cup: The roots go down and the plant goes up and nobody really knows how or why, but we are all like that.
15. Goldfish and hamster and white mice and even the little seed in the Styrofoam cup - they all die. So do we.
16. And then remember the Dick-and-Jane books and the first workd you learned - the biggest word of all - LOOK.”
&#8213; Robert Fulghum, All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten
HA! That's a cute list.

Unfortunately, I don't remember Kindergarten. I was drunk the whole year.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

kelseybehallin wrote:
People are free to believe what they want, no one will know if there is "truely" a "god" or not until they die, whether you believe in God or not is not going to effect the way you lived and will live your life.. Personally I don't believe there is a god and I have my own reasons, but whether you don't believe or are startin to believe do you really think you would have lived your life any differently? No.
If you just start to believe when you are old, probably you won't make many changes, but the requirements of many religions are very restrictive of various behaviors, so assuming that some of those behaviors are yours, and you are following a belief that you will suffer for those behaviors, if you truly start to believe, wouldn't you be contradicting yourself by not following the teachings (I don't believe the teachings myself though)?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Because others here, and I suspect you too, are getting tired of my long-winded posts
YES! Find a point. Make it. Be done.

Simple.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>I don't believe resorting to violence is the way to deal with being bullied.
Violence more often than not begets MORE violence.
Why are you Christians such a VIOLENT bunch of people? Why do you embrace violence which goes against the teaching of your Jesus?
In other words, why do so many Christians here make it a POINT to spit on and SH*T on your Jesus?
I disagree.

Look at the very positive outcome after America stopped the bullying of Japan & Germany. They are now two of our strongest allies.

True it wasn't an immediate pay off. But the rewards now are worth the cost of fighting back.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"Caucasian" does not denote a skin color OR a region where one come from.
Then why your post of last evening about the origin of Caucasians and where they are FROM?

Or like UIF, are you going to deny that post just as she tried to deny that Nano's insulting post to me was here?

Am I going to have to waste MORE time to re-post what you posted last evening about Caucasian being about where one is FROM??

And you are WRONG- Caucasian most certainly DOES denote skin color, and if you are "white", your RACE is Caucasian- not American since American is NOT in any way, shape of form a RACE, but is one thing only- a NATIONALITY.

Definition of CAUCASIAN
: of or relating to the Caucasus or its inhabitants
: of, constituting, or characteristic of a race of humankind native to Europe, North Africa, and southwest Asia and classified according to physical features —used especially in referring to persons of European descent having usually light skin pigmentation

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/cau...

Cau·ca·sian (kô-kzhn,-kzhn)
adj.
a. Anthropology Of or being a human racial classification distinguished especially by very light to brown skin pigmentation and straight to wavy or curly hair, and including peoples indigenous to Europe, northern Africa, western Asia, and India. See Usage Note at race1.
b. Of or relating to a racial group having white skin, especially one of European origin; white.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Caucasian

Now- just because you are an American does not mean you are not Caucasian, because you see, the majority of Americans have their ancestry, descent and roots from countries other than the USA- such as EUROPE.

You are a FOOL to find it "offensive" to be classified as a Caucasian. That IS what you are, unless you are Asian or of African descent.

And have you never filled out a form where you are asked your race and there are the races to choose from?

What do you do, RR- cross out "Caucasian" or "white" and write in "American"???

ROFLMAO!

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
are you high? Nano's post WAS VERY civil
there was not one insult or name calling in Nano's post
but there was in yours.
AGAIN- I refer you to nano's post #565798 on page #26928.

No, dearie- I am NOT high- I don't do drugs, but it sounds as if maybe you should.

Last time- APOLOGIZE to me or don't bother me again.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

Boss of the Inland Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Wilderide. Missing in action Much? Good to see you.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Where is there a "Hell" in the Bible?.. Other than the "pit" that god's alter ego gets tossed into ALONE in Revelations..
Matthew 5:22 - But I tell you that anyone who is angry with a brother or sister will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to a brother or sister,‘Raca,’ is answerable to the court. And anyone who says,‘You fool!’ will be in danger of the fire of hell.

Matthew 5:29 - If your right eye causes you to stumble, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell.

Matthew 5:30 - And if your right hand causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to go into hell.

Matthew 10:28 - Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

Matthew 18:9 - And if your eye causes you to stumble, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into the fire of hell.

Matthew 23:15 -“Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You travel over land and sea to win a single convert, and when you have succeeded, you make them twice as much a child of hell as you are.

Matthew 23:33 -“You snakes! You brood of vipers! How will you escape being condemned to hell?

Mark 9:43 - If your hand causes you to stumble, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life maimed than with two hands to go into hell, where the fire never goes out.

Mark 9:45 - And if your foot causes you to stumble, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life crippled than to have two feet and be thrown into hell.

Mark 9:47 - And if your eye causes you to stumble, pluck it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into hell,

Luke 12:5 - But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear him who, after your body has been killed, has authority to throw you into hell. Yes, I tell you, fear him.

Acts 6:2-[ The Choosing of the Seven ] In those days when the number of disciples was increasing, the Hellenistic Jews among them complained against the Hebraic Jews because their widows were being overlooked in the daily distribution of food.

Acts 9:29 - He talked and debated with the Hellenistic Jews, but they tried to kill him.

James 3:6 - The tongue also is a fire, a world of evil among the parts of the body. It corrupts the whole body, sets the whole course of one’s life on fire, and is itself set on fire by hell.

2 Peter 2:4 - For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but sent them to hell, putting them in chains of darkness to be held for judgment

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"Caucasian" does not denote a skin color OR a region where one come from.
As usual, you are wrong AGAIN and you are wrong on BOTH counts.

Too bad you can't bottle and sell your ignorance, RR. Given your incredible surplus of it and that you always have plenty on tap, you could rake in a FORTUNE.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

Boss of the Inland Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
HA! That's a cute list.
Unfortunately, I don't remember Kindergarten. I was drunk the whole year.
The first year you went to kindergarden or the
the following 2?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

Double Fine wrote:
Hi everyone.
I have some sad news to report.
Roadrunner, that used to post on this thread, apparently died during a minor surgery on Monday.
Those of us who knew her, would remember her for being a smart, intelligent and considerate poster. For those of you lucky enough to know her beyond Topix, you would know the bravery she has shown in face of the medical problems she had. She was a great lady.
RIP RR
I am SO very sorry to hear this, DF. I posted with RoadRunner on an abortion thread for quite a long time, though I stopped posting on that thread some time ago other than a couple of quick posts a few weeks ago.

This is very sad news indeed; despite RoadRunner's very long and ongoing battle with cancer, she always maintained a positive spirit and was determine to let nothing get her down- she fought her cancer like the real trouper she was and in addition, her posts were always well thought out, intelligent and informative.

And she was an overall lovely, warm and kind person.

She will be missed.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree.
Look at the very positive outcome after America stopped the bullying of Japan & Germany. They are now two of our strongest allies.
True it wasn't an immediate pay off. But the rewards now are worth the cost of fighting back.
OMG- again with the apples to oranges!

You're trying to compare world war to a bully in a schoolyard?
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>AGAIN- I refer you to nano's post #565798 on page #26928.
No, dearie- I am NOT high- I don't do drugs, but it sounds as if maybe you should.
Last time- APOLOGIZE to me or don't bother me again.
Hey OCB-

You need to see this.
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TQV0B6V...

Stay well my friend.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

Brother Lee Love wrote:
"God" exists.
But does God "exist," or does he just exist? It sounds pretty dull being a god.

There's nothing to discover, nothing to do, nowhere to go, no novelty, and no surprises.

Being perfect means you can never change or improve anything that is already perfect, since the perfect becomes imperfect with change.

And how about time? How slow does that pass when you already know everything?

And space. If you're ubiquitous, you can't even move.

And all those prayers. They never stop. God no, not the prayers!

I like my life better.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey OCB-
You need to see this.
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TQV0B6V...
Stay well my friend.
Thanks for that, Lyndi. Sad news, indeed, huh?

How ya been??? Life treating you well?

All is good here- I hope the same is the case with you and yours.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I busted through the back window with a chain & it wrapped around the sumbitch's face. Then he got pistol whipped...
It was not an "over-stated reaction to what he did to me". He deserved it. What makes you defend the asshole that chooses to break into someones vehicle & steal it? Ever happen to you? What if it did, what would you do if you accidentally caught the asshole?
YOU might walk away & call someone stronger than you (cops), I'm not that kind of person. I stand & defend myself, my family, my friends and my belongings.
Here if I had a pistol with me, I would got to jail, so that wouldn't happen, but I most certainly would not pull a gun on someone, other than maybe to make him stay put, until the cops arrived.

I told a story on one thread about kicking a bunch of hunters off our farm property when we were hunting deer, and they were too, and I left my gun with my hunting partners before approaching 3 big men, several hundred yards away, all carrying big rifles. In no way was I going to give them the idea that I had any intention of doing them any harm. Written permission was required from landowners to hunt, and I owned the land and my group was hunting there.

My brother, who started farming with me, when he was still in his late teens, and I was married (5-6 years older) was often out at night cruising the roads and drinking with his buddies. One night he was in the local town, and some kids from another community started harassing him. One threw a beer bottle and took the outside mirror off our farm truck. Then they chased him around the little town, and prevented him from escaping to go home. At one point he came on one of their vehicles which they were not in at that moment, and because he was angry, he grabbed a loose chain saw chain that happened to be laying in the back of the truck, and whacked it across one of the car windows, breaking it. He then being pursued again, drove to my uncle's home, who at the time, was either the mayor of the town or the regional provincial member of government (depends on which year it was because it was in about 1971 or 1972 that he was first elected to provincial government) to seek help, as at that point he was scared.

My uncle was a bit ticked that he had been dragged into it because of his political standing in the area, which he thought would not go over too well if news got out that he had been involved in the situation. However, I think he called the cops, and eventually both my brother and the other guys who had harassed him were charged with minor crimes, which they later had to appear in court for. I don't recall the outcome of that, but likely a small fine.

Fortunately he damaged only property, and they damaged only property, but it could have ended much differently although not likely anyone would have been killed as pretty well everyone involved knew the families of the others, and they were not enemies in general. It was more a case of young guys goofing around which got carried too far.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree.
Uh-oh....before you moronically accuse me of thinking Europe is a country, I'd better edit the following from a prior post of mine to you:

Now- just because you are an American does not mean you are not Caucasian, because you see, the majority of Americans have their ancestry, descent and roots from countries other than the USA- such as *COUNTRIES IN* EUROPE.

But do feel free to once again show your ridiculous anal-retentiveness, RR.

However, I was NOT in ANY way saying that Europe is a COUNTRY, for of course, I KNOW it is NOT.

Too bad though that YOU don't know that Caucasian most certainly DOES denote race and one's origins.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Yo amigo.
We play quite a lot of rugby against the French, so we know their anthem and flag very well.
Also, proud to say we beat them more than they beat us!
Remember: The French are lovers, not fighters.

(With exception for Zidane.)

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Al Garcia wrote:
Wilderide. Missing in action Much? Good to see you.
Hey Al! Whassup? I see it's mostly the same crowd arguing about the same things! Lol.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••