“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#567183 Nov 29, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
You really are an idiot aren't you?
Takes one to know one, moron.
Pay attention.
Try writing directly, succinctly, with honesty and less dissembling.
It is like trying to explain something to a retarded person with the only difference is they would have understood long before you and they have a legitimate excuse.
This his who you are, Skom. It's who you break down to when you constantly lose arguments.
Allowing strangers to be naked in front of children makes children think that is ok.
Wow. So now the argument I'm making is that we should allow a bunch of strangers to be naked in front of children.

Do you think, even remotely, before you write this stuff?
Therefore, pedophiles who seek to abuse children will find what used to be a big barrier (convincing children to get naked or that it is ok for them to be naked) jas already been removed thanks to people like you that would allow children to be subjected to naked strangers which would lead them to believe there is nothign wrong with it
Yeah, because pedophile strangers are allowed to be around children all the time when you're naked, but not when you're clothed. It's a given among nudists that you invite the pedophile strangers in, so your kids can see them naked.

Do you even think, remotely, before you write this nonsense?
Your 'defense' of this position was, everybody has genitalia, kids have genitalia so what is the big deal if they see someone else's?
Right. My defense of your brilliant "let the pedophile strangers in because we're all naked here, give them some time alone with the kiddies" just happens to be "it's ok,'cause we all have genitals."

How is it possible you are this stupid?
The big deal is other than the fact that it is inappropriate and there is not a single legitimate reason why they should be, the downside is that it opens up the door to abuse even wider
Other than getting hand-puppets i don't know how else to explain this to you.
So nakedness is inappropriate because you say it is and that's just the way it is, sans any intellect on your side whatsoever?

Do you end all your discussions with straw men, goal post moving and massive stupidity?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#567184 Nov 29, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Your arrogance is beyond reason. Just because you copy/paste some info about a topic doesn't mean your "teaching" me anything. Most of the time you're posting stuff I already know. For example when you posted again and again (and again) about the hungry kids in America. I already knew about that, but you posted the info the proceeded topat yourself on the back for being smart....
You're odd.
The majority of my posts are MY thoughts, MY opinions and FACTS which at times I DO back up with confirmation of what I already know to be true.

No...it is YOU who is odd and all the more for bringing up posts from MONTHS ago- there's that anal-retentiveness, RR that you exhibit so very often here.....

In the meantime, can't you answer questions? I understand that YOU are too "manly" to go to the doctor and you don't care if you die from something that could have been treated and cured if caught in time, but what about your wife?

Is she as irresponsible and as reckless about knowing the state of her health as you are or does she go for annual routine mammograms and OB/GYN exams?

Simple question- which shouldn't be perceived as too personal by you; after all, you've posted much about your wife which is much more personal than that.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#567185 Nov 29, 2012
OCB wrote:
But stop with the moronic self delusion that the human body "self heals" or that it's only necessary to see a doctor AFTER symptoms occur.
You think it's my delusion that the human body self heals?!?

Are you ok?

“'I WILL CORRECT YOU'”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#567186 Nov 29, 2012
what?

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#567187 Nov 29, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
don't you think it would be fair if you would do what you expect of me and others to do? You want me to say,'I' believe when addressing issues of the bible.
so would it not be equally fair for you to say,'you' don't believe what is presented out there concerning biblical truths?
I believe what i believe based on what I have read, saw, studied, and experienced in MY life.
for me that IS sufficent proof.
and since ones faith is a personal relationship they develope with God, then should I not be allowed to fully experience what it is I believe and know in my heart?
Yes, that is a fair question, and I can add 'I believe' to what I state, but in most cases, except if I post a quote or link, and don't make a comment, I am stating what I believe is the truth, so it just saves words.

Because we have to take a lot of facts as being true, such as the danger of a nuclear power plant melting down which has already happened several times in the world, and that if a space vehicle enters back into the atmosphere without protective shielding or with damaged protective shielding our scientists claim that it will blow up or disintegrate. We knew that theoretically based on science knowledge but when it actually happened just a few years ago killing 7 people, millions of people watched the broken up vehicle flying overhead either live or on tv.

There are just two many scientific facts for any one person to research each one of them himself, so we learn that there are certain avenues of which knowledge is gathered and reported, and which is considered accurate enough to risk people's lives on, and we accept those as being true, unless later they are found to have had some unforeseen error.

These things keep getting amended all the time as new information is discovered, but some things have held true for a long time with many different forms of research, and some of those are proved evidence that the earth did not have The Flood. With that knowledge the Flood story has no choice but to be taken as a myth.

It can't be true.

That is one example of many.

In that vein, I would guess, but I can't actually prove, that no publication put out by a fundamentalist Christian organization would be accepted by the generally accepted science community as fact, except when they report only what the accepted reputable science journals have reported, and the source is the respected journals, not the religious publications.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#567188 Nov 29, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it doesn't. The only thing that creates an atmosphere of abuse that is easier for pedophiles is divine justification - i.e., organized religion.
The "only" thing?? Are you sure?

Location hidden

#567189 Nov 29, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Not to mention that she is an IDIOT- one does not "learn" culture- one ATTAINS culture or ACQUIRES culture.
Of course, given how you and nano have no culture at all, I'm not surprised you don't know that, and given how WILLFULLY IGNORANT and INTELLECTUALLY LAZY you are, I'm not surprised you don't think calling someone a "creep" is name-calling, despite that it DEFINITELY is.
Get lost.
OCB, no offence intended (why do people always say that before they offend someone?) but for yourself, because we know you are a good and reliable poster, it might be okay for you not to use the same wording as others use to describe you incorrectly. Some people could consider that as tit for tat, and then we have to go back and see who 'started it'.

It is okay to come back on me and same same goes for you buster, as you do it too, because, yes I do.:( I am trying to stop doing it.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#567190 Nov 29, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>The majority of my posts are MY thoughts, MY opinions and FACTS which at times I DO back up with confirmation of what I already know to be true.
No...it is YOU who is odd and all the more for bringing up posts from MONTHS ago- there's that anal-retentiveness, RR that you exhibit so very often here.....
In the meantime, can't you answer questions? I understand that YOU are too "manly" to go to the doctor and you don't care if you die from something that could have been treated and cured if caught in time, but what about your wife?
Is she as irresponsible and as reckless about knowing the state of her health as you are or does she go for annual routine mammograms and OB/GYN exams?
Simple question- which shouldn't be perceived as too personal by you; after all, you've posted much about your wife which is much more personal than that.
Nope. She doesn't get regular exams. That has nothing to do with me. She never has.

And before you go off on a tangent, screaming about its my influence on her that keeps her from getting regular check ups, know that she lived for 37 years before she met me. It's HER body & HER choice.

Here's a free tip. If you want to ask a question, just ask it. Don't ramble on & on with crazy accusations after asking the question.....

Location hidden

#567191 Nov 29, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you know you are lying when you say such things.
I have said that every one has a right to choose how they will live their life.
the fact i might not agree has nothing to do with me trying to stop you from frolicking in sinful behavior.
sharing ones opinions is not restricting you from sharing your own.
why are you so hostile toward Christians?
UIF, I think that hostility shown by people, against Christians, on this site, is due to their being personally attacked frequently, rather than having their points debated on. That is my opinion, anyway.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#567192 Nov 29, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you ok?
Geez.....your ahem..."sarcasm" implied that you KNOW the human body does not "self-heal" from illnesses and diseases such as CANCER, HEART DISEASE, DIABETES and STROKE.

It is those illnesses that are often SILENT and with no warning or symptoms until it is TOO LATE to effectively treat them.

It is those illnesses that if caught EARLY- through routine screenings and exams- can be effectively treated and in MANY cases, 100% cured.

I was NOT talking about a broken LEG healing, RR and you KNOW it.

I am 100% okay- you are 100% most definitely not to try and pull this stupid stunt you are trying to pull off and failing at- miserably.

You KNEW what I was talking about and what I was referring to- that you once again resort to such duplicitous and smarmy tactics is totally predictable given just how tedious and pedestrian you truly are.

I'M not the one proving that, RR- YOU are and all by yourself.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#567193 Nov 29, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you ok?
And really- do you think you taking just snippets of posts so that you can take them out of their original context fools ANYONE?

Maybe you do think so- but you are a FOOL if you think doing so and the reason why you do it escapes ME- it DOESN'T.

UGH.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#567194 Nov 29, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
OCB, no offence intended (why do people always say that before they offend someone?) but for yourself, because we know you are a good and reliable poster, it might be okay for you not to use the same wording as others use to describe you incorrectly. Some people could consider that as tit for tat, and then we have to go back and see who 'started it'.
It is okay to come back on me and same same goes for you buster, as you do it too, because, yes I do.:( I am trying to stop doing it.
Not sure what you mean, boooots.....I maintain that one doesn't "learn" culture- they attain it or acquire it- perhaps that is nitpicky of me, but so be it.

And of course, you don't "have" to go back to see who started it- only if you care and only if it's of interest to you.

Just sayin'.....

:-)

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#567195 Nov 29, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>

Wow. So now the argument I'm making is that we should allow a bunch of strangers to be naked in front of children.
Do you think, even remotely, before you write this stuff?
<quoted text>
Are you on crack?? It was YOUR ARGUMENT that who cares if children see stranger's genitals because children have their own genitals
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, because pedophile strangers are allowed to be around children all the time when you're naked, but not when you're clothed. It's a given among nudists that you invite the pedophile strangers in, so your kids can see them naked.
Do you even think, remotely, before you write this nonsense?
<quoted text>
You really are retarded. Nobody invites a pedophile in. Your actions simply would make their job easier.
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Right. My defense of your brilliant "let the pedophile strangers in because we're all naked here, give them some time alone with the kiddies" just happens to be "it's ok,'cause we all have genitals."
How is it possible you are this stupid?
The irony in unbelievable. I guess I do need hand-puppets and cur-cards and dolls and any other teaching aids for you to understand. Letting children see strangers walk around nude gives them the impression that is acceptable. And that type of thinking would make it easier for a pedophile to abuse a child. Ehat don't you get about that? Normally for a child alarm bells go off if an strange adult gets naked around them. Your way would silence those alarm bells.
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
So nakedness is inappropriate because you say it is and that's just the way it is, sans any intellect on your side whatsoever?
Do you end all your discussions with straw men, goal post moving and massive stupidity?
You can goal-post and straw-men until your heart is content. Bottom line is apparently you are some weirdo that thinks what is the big deal if children see the genitals of strangers because they have their own genitals and doesn't grasp not only the inappropriateness of that but the inherent danger. I can't help you. I tried. I just hope you don't have kids.

Location hidden

#567196 Nov 29, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
when i listed lesbo, plh, and boots, i was not sterotyping atheists
i was sterotyping "stalkers" on topix.
A point of correction: I believe that all of those three have been on this site a long time, and none are stalkers but rather have been actively engaged in long debates with others on pretty well a daily basis, and if they appear on more than one of the threads it is because we follow certain people to talk with them, not to stalk them.

I personally have spent most of my time, since I started here, in summer 2010, responding to and posting to Yellodog/Pattiecake58, to the point where there were so many posts that I could hardly keep up with just that one poster without posting to or replying to other posters. I find it easier to follow a line of opinions if I follow only one, or a few, rather than trying to remember everyone.

Also we have many here, such as RR, and others, who come back every so often with different aliases, and it takes forever to figure out how they post based on who they were formerly, so that you can respond to them without just telling them the same things you told them before when they had a different name.

I have considered changing my name but dropped that idea, as I don't want to confuse people and also I don't have any reason to drop this ID.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#567197 Nov 29, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it doesn't. The only thing that creates an atmosphere of abuse that is easier for pedophiles is divine justification - i.e., organized religion.
Stats don't bare that out. But I understand why you want to change the subject and the focus away from your rationale that it is ok for kids to see strangers genitals because kids have genitals of their own.
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
See? You've been encultured to see nudity as shameful. You have no argument, you just "think it is one of the most irresponsible things."
You don't seem to understand the distinction I made between consenting adults and forcing it on children who didn't ask to be any part of it. That is scary
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
You're incapable of justifying your position here. You've failed to answer my question about the harm nudity would cause children.
That's fine, but you should be honest to yourself. Nudity bothers you and you want to pass that discomfort onto children because you feel that people should be bothered by nudity.
You are insane. There is no way I could have answered you any more or given your more examples or explained the causal/effect any more than I did.

I am beginning to wonder if your hyper-sensitivity to being called a pederast when you were not and you willful blindness when it comes to the harm along with your 'everybody has genital' rationalizations isn't now part of a bigger whole. Whatever the reason you shouldn't be allowed within 100 yards of a kid if you don't see what the problem is.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#567198 Nov 29, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Geez.....your ahem..."sarcasm" implied that you KNOW the human body does not "self-heal" from illnesses and diseases such as CANCER, HEART DISEASE, DIABETES and STROKE.
It is those illnesses that are often SILENT and with no warning or symptoms until it is TOO LATE to effectively treat them.
It is those illnesses that if caught EARLY- through routine screenings and exams- can be effectively treated and in MANY cases, 100% cured.
I was NOT talking about a broken LEG healing, RR and you KNOW it.
I am 100% okay- you are 100% most definitely not to try and pull this stupid stunt you are trying to pull off and failing at- miserably.
You KNEW what I was talking about and what I was referring to- that you once again resort to such duplicitous and smarmy tactics is totally predictable given just how tedious and pedestrian you truly are.
I'M not the one proving that, RR- YOU are and all by yourself.
If you were struck with diabetes, you'd know. At least, you'd know something is wrong & you'd go and get yourself checked out.

Our bodies CAN take care of diabetes. I have a friend that is living proof if that. The docs wanted him on insulin (of course, the quick & easy "cure"). He refused. He drastically changed his diet & is now no longer a diabetic. With NO drugs!! It took him a few painful years, but he did it. He's a new man now. And about half the size he used to be.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#567199 Nov 29, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the word "day" is translated wrong. It is NOT a 24 hour period.

That word, "yom", has many meanings. It's basically a wrod for "time" or a "timeframe" but it doesn't translate into a 24-hour day.
If yom has many potential meanings, then why write Genesis is such a way that it can be easily misinterpreted to mean very different things, contradictory? And what is the purpose then of saying that God took 6 phases of an indeterminant time to create the Earth? This must be a very important point to make, given that this is the opening paragraph of the entire book, right?
Instead of me copy/pasting everything, if you're really interested in understanding the truth, you can read it here:
www.accuracyingenesis.com/day.html
Truth? Truth would not begin with an a priori assumption about a deity dictating the Bible. Truth would provide objective evidence for the deity, then objective evidence that this deity is the author for the text examined. What the website does provide is an interesting dissertation on Hebrew to English translation, and even that isn't terribly objective, but rather an apologia.
blundunt

Midlothian, IL

#567200 Nov 29, 2012
How do we get such crap from a forum entitled-"prove there is a god"? Any "proof" of anything is bound to be repudiated one way or the other so it is pointless and fruitless to try or try not to "prove there is a god"!

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#567201 Nov 29, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe science is objective and I kind of think he's taking a philosophical stance with regards to morality and working science into it. I think that's ok, though. The discipline has to start somewhere - all I hope is that he takes a cross cultural point of view.
For example, it probably matters to morality if you're from an individual based culture or a group based culture, but I'm not sure his position would grasp that.
Well, he is beginning his book by taking issue with moral relativism, for which I certainly applaud him. Just because another culture values something doesn't mean those values are sacrosanct nor should be respected per se. Some values clearly cause harm; sexism is the Middle East comes immediately to mind.

Location hidden

#567202 Nov 29, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Not sure what you mean, boooots.....I maintain that one doesn't "learn" culture- they attain it or acquire it- perhaps that is nitpicky of me, but so be it.
And of course, you don't "have" to go back to see who started it- only if you care and only if it's of interest to you.
Just sayin'.....
:-)
What I was referring to was the name calling.:) We have your back. You are not without friends here, and when you are attacked we know the other is in the wrong. That is my opinion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 5 min Aura Mytha 36,726
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 17 min Seentheotherside 688,651
Does anyone else hate being around white women? 1 hr hmmmm 25
Main causes of bullying 2 hr Wise above all 3
How did black people get here ( economically) 3 hr Johnny 70
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 4 hr Wisdom of Ages 6,545
Dental Visits Are Never Fun 4 hr may i suggest 6
More from around the web