Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#566680 Nov 28, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
To be honest, RR, I'm all for understanding humans as human regardless of culture and society. But when I see people, full of parasites, living in the jungle, trying to cure the measles by having drugged up shamans rub demons out of them, solving their disputes by pounding each other's chests, I can't help but think they're repulsive and pathetic.
The thing is, they have as much evidence for their beliefs as any religion in any "civilized" nation. For example, they have an equally valid basis for genital mutilation as does any "civilized" religion, an equal claim to the power of their magic as do religious believers of the power of prayer.
I'm happy that the vast majority of "civilized" believers don't solve their disputes through violence. That certainly is a step up from those who do.
I agree with ya, doll face. But I won't ridicule people or societies for their ignorance. I'm sure that medical doctors 500 years from now with laugh at the "modern medicine" we employ today.

Location hidden

#566681 Nov 28, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
I first went on meds for chronic problems in late 1990, in my mid 40s. I used to be amazed at how many meds people, especially grandparents, had to consume every day - now I am doing the same, though likely for different reasons.
My grandma did the same thing vague must've had three pills a day, every day.

I refuse to do that. My doc said that I had high blood pressure. His answer: Take these pills, it'll help. He'll no, I changed my diet & habits. I just a few months, my BP was normal again.

I have a friend that calls himself a functioning diabetic. After being diagnosed, he drastically changed his diet (he even gave up beer!). He hasn't need for insulin injections. He monitors what he eats & how much he eats.

I think the medical plight we're all having is solely because of what we eat. Every grocery store is lived wall-to-wall with crap food filled with more crisp that should NOT be in our bodies.

Watch what you eat, boooots. Your body has the "magic" ability of self-healing. You just have to help it along.

Location hidden

#566682 Nov 28, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
UIF, you haven't mention, I don't think, whether you have your own children and how old they are, but it is criminal behavior to teach a child to return violence for violence. In a big percentage of those cases, especially in some of the more dangerous sections of some areas of the USA, that is almost a guarantee of getting your child killed.
Yes, don't let people push you around, and if bullied get help, but fighting back, except to save one's life, is never a good plan.
Kids don't need to be taught that the fist is how one settles disagreements, because our societies' laws do not permit public violence. We and the USA have laws in place to protect people from bullies, though sometimes people don't take advantage of those laws. Taking the law into your own hands will often turn bad.
Here are two basic philosophies that I teach my kids. Neither are violent.

"Never, EVER, start a fight. Always be prepared to finish one."

"TAKE your turn OR WAIT your turn. It's your choice."

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#566683 Nov 28, 2012
boooots wrote:
You [nanoanomaly] are sounding more and more like a person who is not a very nice person, in general.
Is she new to you? Nano has zero redeeming qualities and brings nothing to the table. It's just all bile and invective. I promise you that you will never see an interesting idea or constructive opinion from her ever. She brings no information, no insight nor analysis, no humor, no wit, no charm, no bonhomie, and no personality whatsoever - just pinch-faced bitterness and clenched sphincter prudery wrapped in the personality of a cactus - unless she get shit-faced slutty and asks you to touch her "kitteh." That's the only time you'll enjoy her posting.

See if I'm wrong.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#566684 Nov 28, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Check out the Yanomami videos. Most of the old men walk around naked. A lot of them have drug-snot dripping down their noses.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =mkTewELvJEMXX
I can't get my browser to work right now, sorry. Otherwise, I'd just post a direct link.
The ones with extended bellies have immune systems that don't fight parasites all that well.
Very interesting. I just watched pt 1 of one of the series, and am starting into pt 2. Will have to watch all of it, but maybe will later, as I have too many tasks happening here at one time.

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#566685 Nov 28, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with ya, doll face. But I won't ridicule people or societies for their ignorance. I'm sure that medical doctors 500 years from now with laugh at the "modern medicine" we employ today.
They will, they will. We still have to cut stuff out of people! If that's not barbaric...

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

Boss of the Inland Empire

#566686 Nov 28, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Here are two basic philosophies that I teach my kids. Neither are violent.
"Never, EVER, start a fight. Always be prepared to finish one."
"TAKE your turn OR WAIT your turn. It's your choice."
“These are the things I learned (in Kindergarten):

1. Share everything.
2. Play fair.
3. Don't hit people.
4. Put thngs back where you found them.
5. CLEAN UP YOUR OWN MESS.
6. Don't take things that aren't yours.
7. Say you're SORRY when you HURT somebody.
8. Wash your hands before you eat.
9. Flush.
10. Warm cookies and cold milk are good for you.
11. Live a balanced life - learn some and drink some and draw some and paint some and sing and dance and play and work everyday some.
12. Take a nap every afternoon.
13. When you go out into the world, watch out for traffic, hold hands, and stick together.
14. Be aware of wonder. Remember the little seed in the Stryrofoam cup: The roots go down and the plant goes up and nobody really knows how or why, but we are all like that.
15. Goldfish and hamster and white mice and even the little seed in the Styrofoam cup - they all die. So do we.
16. And then remember the Dick-and-Jane books and the first workd you learned - the biggest word of all - LOOK.”
&#8213; Robert Fulghum, All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten

Location hidden

#566687 Nov 28, 2012
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I'm sure there are some here that would have most excellent tales to tell without embellishing anything.
Yes, I could tell a lot of tales about how not to live your life, based on my life experiences, however, likely many can do the same.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#566688 Nov 28, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
then you better cough up ONE insult or name calling in that specific posts of Nano's.
otherwise you are intentionally fabricating a falsehood.
i read the post OCB.
there was NO insults in her post.
Then you do not know how to read. At the end of that post, she told me to "learn some culture *creep*.

That IS an insult as is you accusing me of intentionally fabricating a falsehood.

Location hidden

#566689 Nov 28, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
prove it booty.
explain to me why if the Holy bible is a myth
it is not classified as such
it is not classified as a fiction
it is classifed as 'sacrad writings'
explain please
if the Holy bible is just a myth,
why billions of churches on the planet take it serious?
why would all those churches of people trust something that was proven as a myth? because it is NOT proven as myth.
you atheists crack me up. You strut around proclaiming the bible is a myth and have yet to prove it to the point anyone would take it serious enough to change it's classifcation or to remove it all together.
Don't you get it? all your claims go unfounded, and unchanged.
nothing you say about the Holy bible makes one iota of difference.
The message goes right on being taught through out the world.
churches thrive, people keep getting saved, prophecy keeps fulfilling itself, the bible remains in the all time number one position, and your personal thoughts about it hasn't changed one thing. That is the point booty, the world isn't listening to the naysayers when it comes to God.
No atheist has ever been successful at 'stopping' the Holy bible for doing what it says it has and will do.
If you could produce some real proof to your claim, enough to shake the bible from where it has always been, you MIGHT have a shot.
but no one ever has.
so you sound real silly when you try to discredit the ancient scriptures.
Because others here, and I suspect you too, are getting tired of my long-winded posts, and because I have answered that numerous times, and I think you stated that you are familiar with the debates we have had with Yellodg/Pattiecake58, you would have seen those answers too, so I am going to state that I have given my side of the story.

Briefly though, there is no evidence ever found, that any event of the nature of that story every occurred, and the story itself as told in the Bible has many different interpretations many of which I am not very familiar with, because that story was not given a lot of thought in my background, though I had heard it many times.

To date none of the actual events in the stories of any of the Bible has been confirmed to have happened. We have that proved, on the most recent information available. That doesn't disprove the stories, or at least some of them, but none are proved.

Otherwise we are just kicking the same dead dog, or whatever the proper expression is.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#566690 Nov 28, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>i don't appreciate illlicit & destructive behavior cuz it's not good for anyone. if/when someone bonds with it; i.e. "look at me everyone, i practice homosexuality and i demand that you accept it as valid/moral or you're being the evil one!!!", i do my best to expose that as demonic, destructive and devisive behavior; nothing personal:)
.. look at Waaasssuuup, he practices heterosexuality, hits on every woman on Topix and demands that accept his behavior as valid/moral or we're being evil ..

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#566691 Nov 28, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
then you better cough up ONE insult or name calling in that specific posts of Nano's.
otherwise you are intentionally fabricating a falsehood.
i read the post OCB.
there was NO insults in her post.
Nano's post- post #565798 on page #26928:

"Emily Post on handshaking, "...there are guidelines, but they are flexible and if someone is not aware of them, the guidelines should be overlooked and the proper response made.
For example, strictly speaking, it is a woman's place to offer her hand or not to a man, but if he should extend his hand first, she must give him hers. Technically, it is the place of a man to whom another is being introduced to offer his hand first, but the gesture is simultaneous."

I almost never offer my hand first, except in a business setting. It's my right to choose whether to offer it or not.

" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Handshake" ; ;

There are plenty of cultures and situations in which it is perfectly acceptable for a woman to choose not to offer her hand to just any man who is presented to her.

********Go learn a little culture, creep.********"

See it, NOW??????????

You owe me an apology- BIG TIME.

Let's see if you're enough of a MENSCH to do the right thing.

I suspect I'll see Godot ambling up the road (not that you have ANY clue as to that reference) long before you apologize.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#566692 Nov 28, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
are you seriously ridiculing RR for teaching his child to 'stand up for themself'?
If every child would stand up to bullies there would be no bullies.
I don't believe resorting to violence is the way to deal with being bullied.

Violence more often than not begets MORE violence.

Why are you Christians such a VIOLENT bunch of people? Why do you embrace violence which goes against the teaching of your Jesus?

In other words, why do so many Christians here make it a POINT to spit on and SH*T on your Jesus?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#566693 Nov 28, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
and right is a prime example of why you can't be reasoned with.
anything someone says to you, you distort it and pervert it.
you don't care about learning anything, or respecting others rights to believe as they do.
RR said Christians don't die, and he was referring to SPIRITUALLY
he was talking about that when a Christian dies PHYSCIALLY they immediately go to be with God in heaven.
they are not going to face the second death that unbelievers will face.
when i said my home is in heaven, it is because i am a child of God.
you don't have to be dwelling someplace to have a home elsewhere.
but you can't help yourself can you? you must be disrespectful.
No dearie- it is YOU and the majority of Christians on this thread who do not respect the rights of others to believe as they do.

Not gonna bother with the rest of your dopey post- you're not deserving of your inane posts being read nor are you worthy of any respect.

And until you apologize about nano's post in which she most certainly DID insult me, don't bother me again.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#566694 Nov 28, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
they, as in the lesbo, PLH, booty and passing through and a few others, stalked pattiecake because she stood strong in her message of faith here.
They couldn't pull her from God, they couldn't intimidate her into silence so they resorted to invasion of her privacy.
She left. Don't blame her.
but i know for a FACT she told them the truth, and that she isn't missing them a third as much as they all are missing her! Ha Ha Ha! Atheists always resort to the same tactics, which ends with private attacks on a private leval.
but then they want you to THINK they are secure in their godless existance. Secure people don't feel the need to harm others.
If you are going to stereotype atheists, then presumably you can do the same for religious people. So let's hear what all religious people are like and what they do.

Location hidden

#566695 Nov 28, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
They will, they will. We still have to cut stuff out of people! If that's not barbaric...
Leonard McCoy calls it barbaric...

Location hidden

#566696 Nov 28, 2012
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
“These are the things I learned (in Kindergarten):
1. Share everything.
2. Play fair.
3. Don't hit people.
4. Put thngs back where you found them.
5. CLEAN UP YOUR OWN MESS.
6. Don't take things that aren't yours.
7. Say you're SORRY when you HURT somebody.
8. Wash your hands before you eat.
9. Flush.
10. Warm cookies and cold milk are good for you.
11. Live a balanced life - learn some and drink some and draw some and paint some and sing and dance and play and work everyday some.
12. Take a nap every afternoon.
13. When you go out into the world, watch out for traffic, hold hands, and stick together.
14. Be aware of wonder. Remember the little seed in the Stryrofoam cup: The roots go down and the plant goes up and nobody really knows how or why, but we are all like that.
15. Goldfish and hamster and white mice and even the little seed in the Styrofoam cup - they all die. So do we.
16. And then remember the Dick-and-Jane books and the first workd you learned - the biggest word of all - LOOK.”
&#8213; Robert Fulghum, All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten
HA! That's a cute list.

Unfortunately, I don't remember Kindergarten. I was drunk the whole year.

Location hidden

#566697 Nov 28, 2012
kelseybehallin wrote:
People are free to believe what they want, no one will know if there is "truely" a "god" or not until they die, whether you believe in God or not is not going to effect the way you lived and will live your life.. Personally I don't believe there is a god and I have my own reasons, but whether you don't believe or are startin to believe do you really think you would have lived your life any differently? No.
If you just start to believe when you are old, probably you won't make many changes, but the requirements of many religions are very restrictive of various behaviors, so assuming that some of those behaviors are yours, and you are following a belief that you will suffer for those behaviors, if you truly start to believe, wouldn't you be contradicting yourself by not following the teachings (I don't believe the teachings myself though)?

Location hidden

#566698 Nov 28, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Because others here, and I suspect you too, are getting tired of my long-winded posts
YES! Find a point. Make it. Be done.

Simple.

Location hidden

#566699 Nov 28, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>I don't believe resorting to violence is the way to deal with being bullied.
Violence more often than not begets MORE violence.
Why are you Christians such a VIOLENT bunch of people? Why do you embrace violence which goes against the teaching of your Jesus?
In other words, why do so many Christians here make it a POINT to spit on and SH*T on your Jesus?
I disagree.

Look at the very positive outcome after America stopped the bullying of Japan & Germany. They are now two of our strongest allies.

True it wasn't an immediate pay off. But the rewards now are worth the cost of fighting back.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
what happened on 9/15 in briar gate subdivision 14 min Cisco Kid 2
Right to bear arms and mass shootings 20 min Cisco Kid 36
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 44 min RiccardoFire 95,450
Last Word + 2 46 min Kid_Tomorrow 696
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 48 min hojo 542,144
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 1 hr andet1987 4,469
Word association game (Aug '08) 1 hr andet1987 53,302
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr MUQ1 259,231
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr bad bob 173,646
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr mike 601,025
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 12 hr Chlo-chan 149
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••