Prove there's a god.

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#567125 Nov 29, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
The U.S. kicked Hitler's too. And Japan's.
We don't need subversive wussies like you, Christeinieweinie.
Ehm, no

You helped

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#567126 Nov 29, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not sure that most nudists wouldn't agree as well. But I could be wrong as I don't know any or even if i did I would have no way of knowing if their opinions mirrored the majority. But I would hope that even nudists would agree it is one thing for adults to feel they have no reason to hide their bodies among other adults who feel the same way and quite another to be naked in front of someone else's child. Especially if that child's parents were opposed to it.
I could care less what consenting adults do with other consenting adults...within reason. But a child's brain is under-developed. They are very open to suggestion and easily influenced. They don't have the intellect to properly defend against predators. It is our job as parents, citizens, and human beings to do whatever we can to keep children safe. Planting the idea in their head it is ok to be around strangers who are naked imo would be an abject failure in that department.
I have nothing against nudists. Heck, I almost respect it as it takes a heck of a lot of confidence and breaks from traditional norms of a society that makes people feel bad about their bodies. But it goes from innocent expression among consenting adults to something very wrong when subjecting kids to it.
There are many things like that. If people want to masturbate in the privacy of their homes be my guest. If they want to form a masturbating community of all adults where they sit around on their lawns and masturbate, well weird as that would be, hey whatever floats their boat. But to do where a kid can see? No freaking way. Not you but anybody in general that thinks this is about a personal hangup or some sort of sexual repression is missing the point. There are simply different rules when it involves children.
(T) Peace
(T) Peace
God you are paranoid and bent on teaching kids that nudity is shameful.

The leaps of illogic you make are truly outstanding - from the requirement that we teach children that nudity is wrong because they can't handle it, to the strange assumption that not teaching children how wrong nudity is will lead them to trusting strangers.

A pedophile's job is not made easier if children accept nudity as normal. It's made easier if the child's parents trust the pedophile, and the pedo can manage alone time with the child. Nudity plays almost no role in that - again, cultures where nudity is normal don't know pedophilia. It has nothing to do with their walking around naked, it has to do with their lack of privacy.

I'm stunned that you would subsequently leap to public masturbation as normal as long as children don't see it. That's truly amazing. Well done.

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#567127 Nov 29, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't forget, if it wasn't for America you'd either be dead or a forced Nazi right now.....
I wonÂ’t ever forget that you appear to know fook all about it

Some stable somewhere

#567128 Nov 29, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Just take the damn red pill.
NO! Never!

<grabs both>

<glug!>

Some stable somewhere

#567129 Nov 29, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said that, did I?
You did. You were drinking and forgot. It's ok.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#567130 Nov 29, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you know you are lying when you say such things.
I have said that every one has a right to choose how they will live their life.
the fact i might not agree has nothing to do with me trying to stop you from frolicking in sinful behavior.
sharing ones opinions is not restricting you from sharing your own.
why are you so hostile toward Christians?
But you do not respect those who are not Christian. You will not even entertain the possibility that IF there even is a god, that god might not be the one YOU choose to believe in.

You judge my behavior as sinful when it is anything BUT. You think that by virtue of the very fact of me- or anyone else- not being a Christian makes them "sinful".

I uphold, defend and maintain VERY high moral standards for myself and those I willingly associate with.

I am referring to REAL life- and not this thread, and on this thread, I have NOT been "immoral", though I know YOU think using curse words is proof of being in league with the devil you choose to believe in.

At any rate, I certainly am NO saint, but I am NO sinner either. What I am is IMPERFECT and imperfection is no more a sin than not believing in the god you do.

And of course, you really know NOTHING about my behavior in REAL life, and my behavior is not at ALL sinful. I don't break the law, I don't cause physical harm to anyone, I take pride in the appearance of my home and my community, I am a responsible citizen and I have done much to help others less fortunate than I am and have logged MANY hours of volunteer work over the past 30 years or so.

So yes- I am hostile toward those Christians who think anyone who does not believe as they do is a "sinner".

I am hostile toward those Christians who disregard, dismiss and disrespect the religious beliefs of BILLIONS in this world which don't coincide with the beliefs of Christians.

Count yourself among those Christians.

Some stable somewhere

#567131 Nov 29, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Then I'm the odd one out 'cuz I don't have my own business, I'm a hourly bitch. I don't have a PhD, in fact I have zero college training. I have no idea what my IQ is so I can't go there. And my member isn't 9 inches. I'm hung like a mouse, just not as thick ;)
Wow, all these guys coming on here and correcting me. You mean I'm not chatting with 25 adonises?!?

Damn...I need a new hobby.

Some stable somewhere

#567132 Nov 29, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Duct tape.
hahaha!

wait...wait...gross!!!

Some stable somewhere

#567133 Nov 29, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That requires a pretty scientific explanation.....
Drink it!
And then another beer appears in your right hand as if by magic!

Damn, it never stops!

Some stable somewhere

#567134 Nov 29, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
hi! you're not really gonna ex-communicate me just cuz i won't conform to the PC collective, are you? i thought this was kinda a debate forum:(
Huh?

Some stable somewhere

#567135 Nov 29, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Well the church never excommunicated Hitler for killing millions of people so I suppose you are safe
Hey! I'm not the church!

I would have personally shot Hitler. In the knees, to start.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#567136 Nov 29, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i totally agree - kinda like the tyranny of special interest/homosexual marriage legislation!!!
i knew you were a reasonable person at heart!(hugs:)
.. if you don't agree with gay marriage, we won't badger you into marrying a man. Promise ..

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#567137 Nov 29, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>.... I usually qualify my statement....
Liar.

Some stable somewhere

#567138 Nov 29, 2012
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. think HFY was trying to articulate the taboo on nudity is a cultural deal but she was drinking a bit ..
.. in many Muslim cultures, women still wear a veil to fulfill the command of their God which encourages them to be modest, not to dress in a manner that attracts men. Christians think the idea is silly ..
.. because you do not see boobs everyday, you probably find them inviting, sexually stimulating. What is hidden becomes a mystery, a gift to unwrap and savor ..
.. I see naked boobs on a regular basis but my libido does not kick in unless I receive the 'come hither' look, the invitation ..
.. little boys in women's locker rooms see boobs. Does that harm them? I think not. You see SKOM, it is a cultural constrict, the mystery, the taboo, the unwrapping of the forbidden. Little boys haven't been indoctrinated yet ..
.. I've often thought the shame associated with nudity is based on religious teachings. You, SKOM, have the Adam and Eve story with the notorious fig leaf being a symbol of shame. I think you are the product of this religious indoctrination and see public nudity as shameful ..
.. the little boy in the women's locker has not yet been religiously indoctrinated and goes about doing his business as he smiles at naked women. I do the same thing ..
No, I was pointing out that the Yanomami didn't engage in pedophilia, didn't have a word for it, despite that they walked around naked, until a French linguist named Lizot entered their culture. Now the word in Yanomami for pedophilia is "Lizot."

So it was a clothed man who brought that to them.

And you're right, btw. Women in Polynesian cultures universally went around topless - and many on many Polynesian and Micronesian islands still do - and breasts were not sexual things until Christians forced them to wear clothing.

Body parts become sexualized through clothing and shame, rendering Skom's point inaccurate and irrelevant.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#567139 Nov 29, 2012
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
We can presume by what they do under the same circumstances, observations and when confronted with basic problems, they mostly react by pure instinct and not by advanced critical thinking. The key vs human and nonhuman thinking involves not just words, but the ability to recombine words in an endless variety of new meanings. That appears to be a unique human capability. Chimpanzees have a rich social and conceptual life, but they can't discuss it with each other and therefore cannot think beyond the basics of living day by day. They simply don't have the hardware to run the software.
There are rare exceptions of course, but not to the degree that humans do.
Yes, we make messes but we learn. It's how it's done. We learn to try not to repeat it. We analyze it. We mull it over. We think of different scenarios. We think in terms of "what if" most animals don't.
A couple of problems here. First, it's circular reasoning to judge other beings by human values. It would be like a wolf judging other beings by wolf standards. Of course wolves will come out superior by that standard. Secondly, again, we can only base what we know of other beings based almost exclusively by observation. That's akin to digging up a few spearheads and some jewelry from an archaeological site and thinking that you know what it was like to live in that culture. Third, before we humans pat ourselves on the back too much, look at what our ability to manipulate our environment has wrought for us and all other beings on this planet.

We are different in many ways than other beings around us, but where does the "superior" value judgement come in? And even if one were to feel that humans were, overall, superior, doesn't that imply a very high standard of responsibility to others? The Bible says that the world was created for humans (a highly arrogant claim, but nevertheless), but nowhere does it say humans have any moral responsibility for other beings who are under our power. Being "good stewards" seems to simply mean efficiently culling what we want. On the contrary, the Bible says animals have no souls, are are to be enslaved, consumed, or used for our amusement. What kind of morality is that? Of course, it also says it's fine to enslave humans too, so at least in that regard it's even-handed I suppose.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#567140 Nov 29, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>He threatened to kill my mom so, no, I pushed that evil chunk of time to the deepest part of my mind and tried to act like nothing had happened. My mom acted like I was an inconsiderate little slut who didn't care enough about her to have at least called during the time I was gone to keep her from worrying. I let her go on thinking that I'd just been holed up in a love nest somewhere having a good time. She still doesn't know how close she came to getting hurt. When I first disappeared she went through the neighborhood looking for me and knocked on the front door of where I'd been taken from. I saw the top of her head as she walked up to the door and knew it was her because she had called out, "Hello6851?" At that moment,....
Dang, I wondered where that 6851 disappeared to. xD

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#567141 Nov 29, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
again, you live in Canada boots.
I agree, and both the USA and Canada already have laws on their books protecting all people, theoretically, but policing every street corner, and every web site is rather high in human resources which they don't have. Both countries do not permit persecution of other people, regardless of the reason. All humans in both countries, are free to go about their lives without others harming them, according to law, and if they are harmed the law has the power to react to that.

Canada and the USA have almost exactly the same background as far as original settlers, although of course, the actual people who went one place or the other were not the same individuals, but they all generally came from the same places, likely with some exception of your southern neighbors when more people from Mexico would have gone to the USA than to Canada. Some re-arrangement took place during the American Revolution, because some people who didn't want to break away from England moved to Canada, and of course in the War of 1812, some of the borders got changed between the two countries, in the final agreements.

My paternal grandmother's family were allegedly United Empire Loyalists who moved to Canada from Pennsylvania at that time. The rest of my family mainly came from England after all of those wars.

I do not have any say about American laws or about changing them, but I along with you and everyone else can speak openly on a web site about another countries laws, and how we view them. Generally I think that the US laws and government are pretty well organized, though you do have some things that are likely pretty backward compared to Canada, but of course our government only affects 33 million people while yours affects 300 million or thereabouts. American law has more impact on the whole world because you hold #1 power position in the world.

Religion as a discipline that people study and follow has never harmed anyone, but some people from all religions because of how they interpret and act on their beliefs have always harmed others and continue to do so. The USA laws, and somewhat the Canadian laws, attempt to prevent this by separation of church and state so that a religion cannot take over the country and run it according to its particular beliefs at the expense of the beliefs of all other people. That is a very good law, because as we can see in all of the countries that are having wars and rebellions, etc., today, when religion is too heavily involved then chaos reigns.

I saw last night that several Americans who produced an anti-Islam movie have been sentenced to death in Egypt in absentia because they are offended there by what the movie said. The world as a whole should censure Egypt for that because now those people will be marked men, wherever they go, as any Islamic idiot who follows strictly their Islamic laws will consider those sentences as permission to kill these people. Legally they can't do that but they might, and it should be stopped and the USA, NATO and UN and whatever other bodies monitor these things must insist that those sentences be removed.

As for my not living in America, I think, UIF, that you will soon find that the freedoms that you consider you cherish there are not quite as lenient as you might think. People such as Fred Phelps the KKK people and others will have to be legislated against as far as some of their activities are concerned, because they are a real danger to the population.

Likely the fact that Fred Phelps is a clever lawyer is one reason that he has not already been living in prison. There should be no law that permits people to disrupt the funeral of a soldier killed in action while fighting under the orders of his country. Those people should not have been fighting in the first place, but that isn't the fault of the soldier but rather the decisions of the administration to go to war.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#567142 Nov 29, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Ehm, no
You helped
Yeah, and at the last minute too. The US didn't care about ending the war, only protecting themselves.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#567143 Nov 29, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I was pointing out that the Yanomami didn't engage in pedophilia, didn't have a word for it, despite that they walked around naked, until a French linguist named Lizot entered their culture. Now the word in Yanomami for pedophilia is "Lizot."
So it was a clothed man who brought that to them.
And you're right, btw. Women in Polynesian cultures universally went around topless - and many on many Polynesian and Micronesian islands still do - and breasts were not sexual things until Christians forced them to wear clothing.
Body parts become sexualized through clothing and shame, rendering Skom's point inaccurate and irrelevant.
Children aren't BORN with a sense of shame about their bodies- they are TAUGHT a sense of shame and that is quite different than being taught modesty.

That is what many who find the naked human body to be shameful refuse to understand along with refusing to understand the difference between shame and modesty.

Some stable somewhere

#567144 Nov 29, 2012
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
A couple of problems here. First, it's circular reasoning to judge other beings by human values. It would be like a wolf judging other beings by wolf standards. Of course wolves will come out superior by that standard. Secondly, again, we can only base what we know of other beings based almost exclusively by observation. That's akin to digging up a few spearheads and some jewelry from an archaeological site and thinking that you know what it was like to live in that culture. Third, before we humans pat ourselves on the back too much, look at what our ability to manipulate our environment has wrought for us and all other beings on this planet.
We are different in many ways than other beings around us, but where does the "superior" value judgement come in? And even if one were to feel that humans were, overall, superior, doesn't that imply a very high standard of responsibility to others? The Bible says that the world was created for humans (a highly arrogant claim, but nevertheless), but nowhere does it say humans have any moral responsibility for other beings who are under our power. Being "good stewards" seems to simply mean efficiently culling what we want. On the contrary, the Bible says animals have no souls, are are to be enslaved, consumed, or used for our amusement. What kind of morality is that? Of course, it also says it's fine to enslave humans too, so at least in that regard it's even-handed I suppose.
Hey Wilde!!!

I've missed you!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 14 min kent 692,193
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 1 hr Chicagoan by Birth 47,375
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr Wisdom of Ages 6,696
TWA Flight 800 (Jul '13) 2 hr Doctor REALITY 21
THANK YOU!!!!! Metro PCS Mobile Service!!! 2 hr Doctor REALITY 5
I got my "Christmas Present" from METRO PCS Tod... 2 hr Doctor REALITY 1
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 3 hr Goomba 493
More from around the web