Prove there's a god.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#566893 Nov 28, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, but we are waaaaay closer to other primates than humans are to the description of God. If all other animals were like ants, then I could see that comparison working.
<quoted text>
We would be all that in a universe without a god, where our existence is owed to a natural chain of events.
How likely is it that humans would create gods to reflect human attributes, and specific attributes of the society in which it was created? Look at every god that has ever been believed in, and notice how that god's character reflects the society in which it was born.
If I created a new god today, it would be ethically superior to the god found in the Bible, objectively superior. Whenever a Christian drops the belief in Hell, this is what they are doing. They are creating a god that is superior in character to the one that came before. This is how Bible god came to be, not out of inspiration, but out of adaptation. Ask Scar if you want the specifics. You can trace "God" back to his daddy.
Feel free to create one. See if your god would have the same impact on humanity.

We may be closer to looking like primates than looking like ants but since when would God create things, creatures or animals to our liking or our specifications?

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#566894 Nov 28, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Haven't you ever heard of "sticks and stones may break my bones but words can never hurt me"? Stop being a crybaby. My mom taught me that I should be above fighting over words and I didn't. I've taught my daughter the same thing, ignore the bs but not threats. Always take threats and stalkers seriously.
.. words are powerful. You use them to invoke an emotional response, that's what you want. Is your life really that dreary ??..

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#566895 Nov 28, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you know less about science and the Bible than I do. That's not surprising.
<quoted text>
IANS has provided several. Didn't you see them?
<quoted text>
And Christians call one thing literal, and one thing metaphorical, in order to "erase" the inconsistencies. I'm willing to let a believer cherry pick to produce a consistent claim and bring that to me. I like to ask questions because I have absolutely no way of knowing what you are liable to conclude is the True Christian Interpretation of anything.
<quoted text>
When I said in my post, "We've whittled the Bible down so much...", I was speaking about society at large, not atheists. It's been mostly Christians in charge of changing Christianity.
<quoted text>
A young Earth, a flat Earth, the Geocentric model, Adam and Eve, original sin, Noah's flood, Jonah's fish motel, 900 year old people, the tower of Babel, the Exodus, Hell, and so many more I can't think of at the moment.
<quoted text>
Even if Thor comes knocking on your door? He knocks hard.
Yup. U saw IANS supposed refutations of the bible, or at least the links he provided.

I refuted them & got no response. What do ya know?

Science hasn't disproven the bible, not in any way. It can't.

Nobody's trying to "erase" any inconsistencies of the bible because there are none. Parts of the bible are metaphorical, deal with it.

More than just religious people believed in the flat earth, young earth & geocentric earth. You can't pawn that off on us.

"Adam and Eve, original sin, Noah's flood, Jonah's fish motel, 900 year old people, the tower of Babel, the Exodus, Hell" -none of which you can rightfully dispute.... You can try, you can post your opinion, you can post links to websites that agree with your opinion... But you can't demonstrate that any of those are false and/or didn't happen.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#566896 Nov 28, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
After a bottle of Ancient Age , you can try posting.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-cXiUkYUKS4w/UAoMgna...
After a bottle of that, I wouldn't be on Topix......

Since: Jan 11

United States

#566897 Nov 28, 2012
Al Garcia wrote:
Feel free to create one. See if your god would have the same impact on humanity.
I hope not! I'd hate to be responsible for something like the Crusades.
Al Garcia wrote:
We may be closer to looking like primates than looking like ants but since when would God create things, creatures or animals to our liking or our specifications?
We humans have always been the one to describe our gods in the way we want them to be. If it's like that for every other religion, why not your own?

"With great power tools comes great responsibility tools."

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#566898 Nov 28, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
HA! That's a cute list.
Unfortunately, I don't remember Kindergarten. I was drunk the whole year.
a buckism

Since: Jan 11

United States

#566899 Nov 28, 2012
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. all bruised up! Took a nasty spill while running, bandages all over body, limping. Crushed a few rocks ..
.. and, you ??..
I'm sorry to hear that.

If you need any help changing bandages, or dressing, or bathing, or anything else, just ring the bell.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#566900 Nov 28, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
a buckism
Who's buck & why do I keep hearing references?

“Seventh son”

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#566901 Nov 28, 2012
How many baby's does it take to make a bottle of baby oil?

With Established Harem

#566902 Nov 28, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry to hear that.
If you need any help changing bandages, or dressing, or bathing, or anything else, just ring the bell.
.. thanks for the offer !!..

.. yes, there's one area of my body that's quivering ..

<< buzz >>

.. can you have River come over ??..

With Established Harem

#566903 Nov 28, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Who's buck & why do I keep hearing references?
.. Buck was style personified, very witty. Sometimes you remind us of him, other times not so much ..

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#566904 Nov 28, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Poor Patty had no clue that when she came to Topix she had fallen into a pit of vipers. She may not be someone I would choose to chill with but I can still feel compassion for what she has had to go through with these psychos.
Have you been here very long, nano? Perhaps if you had seen close to 2/3 of the 50,000 plus posts that Yellodog posted just on this one site, the majority of which were directed as personal attacks against other posters, you might see it differently.

For the first while I was respected by her; she posted that, and I tried very hard to speak respectfully to her while asking her to back off the gays and others she was attacking, until finally she turned on me too, because I was aiding and abetting 'their sin'.

All I was doing is objecting to bigotry, which is all she was showing. Even some of the devout believers here, Al and Brother Marine and PLH, started the same way, and even they started berating her for her vicious attacks, and she would not stop, no matter what or who asked her to.

A lot of us broke, and could no longer stay civil. I am ashamed of how I have acted because I am not that kind of a person, and I wasn't raised to talk to people the way I have talked to her. However, I wasn't raised to demonized minorities the way she has either, and that got to me.

If you have seen when UIF started posting, I started with her the same way, because she was doing the same things as Yellodog, but then a day or two ago, I decided, I needed to stop this behavior, and I offered her a truce, which she didn't see for a day but when she did she accepted it, or said she did. There was a little period sort of between my posting and her acceptance that we both said some more nasty things, but I think, and hope, we are past that now.

I am still posting to UIF, and debating what she has said, but I hope to not go the route I did with Yellodog. I will however stand up for people who are persecuted for their being alive, and for no other reason. It is unfortunate that Yellodog/Pattiecake58 decided to pull out at this particular time, as I would have liked to have done the same with her again, that is the truce, I mean.

Location hidden

#566905 Nov 28, 2012
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Sam was one of the funniest comedians of the time. And even today, I still think no one can hold a handle to his comedy, his angst or his twisted view of life.
George Carlin

way better

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#566906 Nov 28, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
How many baby's does it take to make a bottle of baby oil?
How many Pollocks does it take to screw in a light bulb?

100. 1 to hold the bulb, 99 to turn the house.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#566907 Nov 28, 2012
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. Buck was style personified, very witty. Sometimes you remind us of him, other times not so much ..
ooooooohhhh..........

Buck must've been one helluva guy!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#566908 Nov 28, 2012
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. thanks for the offer !!..
.. yes, there's one area of my body that's quivering ..
<< buzz >>
.. can you have River come over ??..
TIDE!!!!

Get that woman a camera!!
GrayBox

Wrightwood, CA

#566909 Nov 28, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
"With great power tools comes great responsibility tools."
Al: Buddah?
Tide: no, Craftsman....

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#566910 Nov 28, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
George Carlin
way better
never a carlin!

Location hidden

#566911 Nov 28, 2012
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. do you have compassion for the numerous Christians she has called demonic, immoral and hell-bound because they do not agree with her ??..
.. do you have compassion for Booots when she begins each of her posts to him with, "Liar or stupid?" ..
.. do you have compassion for the Christian poster she calls dumb with a 'rotted mind' here:
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/gay/T85ELBGC7...
.. how about her hearty jokes about sending American gays to Uganda? The woman is evil ..
.. again, she revealed all personal information. It came back to haunt her ..
her god found her unworthy of protection

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#566912 Nov 28, 2012
karl44 wrote:
the bible is myth
No it isn't.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mencari teman seks wanita yang gersang 2 min wan jambu 4
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 3 min WasteWater 17,938
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Lbj 14,787
Play "end of the word" part 2 7 min WasteWater 728
how long after taking the Vivitrol shot can i f... (Nov '12) 13 min Ryan55 151
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 15 min RADEKT 278,533
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 16 min hojo 627,929
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr lisw 180,106
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr LAWEST100 615,739
More from around the web