Prove there's a god.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#566976 Nov 28, 2012
United in faith wrote:
"God" wants you to surrender.
Nope. That's your priests that want that. Your god doesn't exist.

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#566977 Nov 28, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
Gee let's don't disturb the Bucko fan club here , they are clearly about to orgasmo.
Aw, you're right.

Just reminiscing.

Fennario

#566978 Nov 28, 2012
United in faith wrote:
if you don't want any restrictions placed on religious freedoms then why do you fight so hard to surpress it?
Who doesn't want restrictions placed on religious freedom? You people burn heretics as witches when you are sufficiently unfettered to worship as you please. Presently, you're using the currency as religious tracts, and the Pledge as a prayer to your god. I want that "religious freedom" halted immediately.

What you are permitted is the right to shake your scary chicken on a stick at the moon if that's what gives your life meaning and a firm moral foundation.

But keep the scary chicken in your homes and churches. Keep its name off of the money, out of the Pledge, out of the oaths, out of the law books, off the courtroom walls, and out of the history and science classes in the schools, because nobody but you cares what the chicken thinks about gay marriage, stem cell research, school prayer, sex between consenting adults, abortion, or anything else.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#566979 Nov 28, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
I suspect to an extent man went into this depletion and destruction of world resources innocently, because he gained the knowledge of how to use various resources but he didn't calculate in the factor that these resources were not renewable. When the automobile and other fossil fuel burning machines became popular they were a big boon to humanity because they permitted him to do much more with what we have. However, with that came better technology in many areas, more people because of better health, more use of resources, and then man started to recognize that these resources were not endless. but what took millions or billions of years to produce was being totally used up in a few generations.
They keep finding new supplies of oil, with Saudi Arabia and Canada having the biggest reserves that are known about today, but when all of the fossil fuel is gone, which will be in a few years, not a few million years, it would take millions of years to put that fossil fuel back again, if that were even possible because would the life that created those fossil fuels still survive that long.
The only renewable source of energy that is really available to us is the sun, and it too will be gone in a few billion years, but that is so far in the future that we can't really imagine how long. Some of the people who knew us or knew our children will see the last of the fossil fuels being used. By then power will all have to be from outside our atmosphere.
We can harness some of the energy from the sun, in addition to using its direct rays, by using wind and water motion to turn turbines, and to some extent that is renewable, because the wind is going to blow, and the seas are going to move whether we use their energy or not. But even then we need resources taken from non-renewable resources to build the equipment to harness this energy.
Perhaps we can mine the moon or some of the near planets, but it takes a phenomenal amount of resources to go there, harvest the resources and bring them back to earth. Would we come out ahead?
I know only some of the questions.
nukes

for now

in the future, we will build clean nukes, we are actually close now

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#566980 Nov 28, 2012
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Dang young whippersnappers!
Get off my lawn...

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#566981 Nov 28, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
If "God" wanted us to learn, why did He get so upset about eating from the tree of knowledge?
It's so funny, the innumerable justifications made by believers - basically, whatever their interpretation is, their personal version of God supports it.
"God" is therefore "ego."
ya

the believer is ego dominated, they no longer can distinguish their delusion from reality, their ego has them believe that they are different and special, unlike all those who mill about them.

the most common attributes of the christian believer, are:
paranoia, and lack of education. many are also unfortunately unintelligent.

The Borderland of Sol

#566982 Nov 28, 2012
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Which parts of the Bible are metaphor, and which literal, and how does one definitively determine which is which?
Welcome back, Oscar!

The Borderland of Sol

#566983 Nov 28, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Howdy Clementia. Welcome to my thread.
Your thread?

Only in the sense that the elephant belongs to the flea.

Fennario

#566984 Nov 28, 2012
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are going to stereotype atheists, then presumably you can do the same for religious people. So let's hear what all religious people are like and what they do.
Welcome back!

The Borderland of Sol

#566985 Nov 28, 2012
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. all bruised up! Took a nasty spill while running, bandages all over body, limping. Crushed a few rocks ..
.. and, you ??..
Erm, why?

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#566986 Nov 28, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Get off my lawn...
Heh heh heh!

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#566987 Nov 28, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha!
Er...ha?
You're the one..........

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#566988 Nov 28, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
But then what about the child who was killed by a gang of bullies because his daddy taught him to hit a bully back?
One wonders.....

To which child do you speak of?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#566990 Nov 28, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
My beliefs are foregone.
I've got no reason to adopt beliefs again.
Indeed... Your beliefs seem to be in err.

Just sayin.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#566991 Nov 28, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
btw, animals have consciences and consciousness.
Ok. So I ficked up the word.

Sue me.:)

Or do me

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#566992 Nov 28, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank Geesh.
The new Christian mantra should be, "Adapt to survive."
I'll call it Christian Darwinism.
never such a myth as a geesh!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#566993 Nov 28, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't compare you with Buck.
Just as Lloyd Bentsen said to Dan Quayle, RR, I knew Buck, and you're no Buck.
Too late!

You done did it.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#566994 Nov 28, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I liked his jailhouse toothbrush-up-the-ass story.
What were his brothers' names, the ones who always laughed like hyenas?
And hey, what about when he had sex with a chick through the window of a car at a drive-in theater, while her boyfriend sat drunk in the car?
Buck was what, 6'7", over 300 pounds, and about 3 percent fat?
He took a bullet in the back and kept on going.
Spent about 20 years in prison, but was never defeated.
He could be a real sonofabitch, but he often showed a soft heart.
Redneck is 6' 3", 210 lbs. Been shot at. Attempted at a carjack. Robbed. Beaten. Been screwed at a bowling alley. 1st blow job at a beach. Boned an ex while the "man" was elsewhere. Screwed a gf & exgf on the same day. But also loves his sons with passion, treats his animals with the utmost care & respect. Pledges allegiance to America & is an avid viewer of xnxx.

Sorry, I'm very drunk & my lady's passed out :)

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#566995 Nov 28, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
TOUCHING.:):):)
gross

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#566996 Nov 28, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it was the diets, and the coming generations are predicted to die younger than my generation, but back when I was young we were taught to eat the way we did. We didn't have junk food, hardly ever, when I was a kid, because it wasn't available nor could we afford it, but we had huge meals of a lot of fats, carbs and sugar. People didn't know that these meals would kill you. Mothers made kids sit at the table until their plates were clean even though the kid probably needed only a small portion of what they were served.
We had huge servings of meat and potatoes, and other vegetables twice a day, and a big breakfasts with lots of breads and cereals, and then at lunch and dinner, or what we called dinner and supper, we also had several selections of cakes and cookies often with a bowl of apple sauce or other puddings etc. Being highly active, we couldn't be filled up either.
Don't give me that shit, booooots. You had McDonald's & beer when you were young, just as my grandpa did....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 min Brian_G 284,737
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 min kent 665,624
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 53 min WildWeirdWillie 184,820
donald trump will not fulfill all campaign prom... 1 hr crucifiedguy 62
women watching men naked on webcam (Mar '12) 1 hr str8hairymarried 85
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 hr truth 88,545
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 3 hr truth 722
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 3 hr Brian_G 980
The Future of Politics in America 5 hr River Tam 313
More from around the web