Prove there's a god.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#566882 Nov 28, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>No. More like a duck blind with something nasty lurking behind it, IOWs, a fully loaded chick with a dick.
Ew to the nth degree.

S/he fervently denies that...

Although there's no denying the Adam's apple on shis neck.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#566883 Nov 28, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think that there's one single piece of science that has disproven anything in the Bible. If anything, science helps to further study & understand the Bible.
Then you know less about science and the Bible than I do. That's not surprising.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I disagree. I don't think anyone has shown any actual inconsistencies in the Bible.
IANS has provided several. Didn't you see them?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Atheist websites take a literal something vs a literal something, compare the two, then claim that they're inconsistant when they're actually not.
And Christians call one thing literal, and one thing metaphorical, in order to "erase" the inconsistencies. I'm willing to let a believer cherry pick to produce a consistent claim and bring that to me. I like to ask questions because I have absolutely no way of knowing what you are liable to conclude is the True Christian Interpretation of anything.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Atheists have been trying to break down the Bible of r long, long time. Of course, to no end.
When I said in my post, "We've whittled the Bible down so much...", I was speaking about society at large, not atheists. It's been mostly Christians in charge of changing Christianity.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Like what?
A young Earth, a flat Earth, the Geocentric model, Adam and Eve, original sin, Noah's flood, Jonah's fish motel, 900 year old people, the tower of Babel, the Exodus, Hell, and so many more I can't think of at the moment.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Redneck rarely takes the easy road, so no. I've never considered being a Deist. I'm a born again Christian & always will be.
Even if Thor comes knocking on your door? He knocks hard.

“Wrath”

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#566884 Nov 28, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
When a person gets to be the age of ancient, they have the time to post super long comments.

After a bottle of Ancient Age , you can try posting.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-cXiUkYUKS4w/UAoMgna...

“Wrath”

Is revenant

#566885 Nov 28, 2012
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm:
http://youtu.be/XtFb_xem6k8
Hey that's my song!
Dont like too but have too so do anyway! na na nah
Doctor REALITY

North Little Rock, AR

#566886 Nov 28, 2012
Question to atheists and agnostics: If the Lord Jesus Christ isn't REAL,and if He didn't C-R-E-A-T-E all of the human and animal and plant life on earth,then HOW did all of this life,which doesn't exist on any other planet in this solar system,get here??

Location hidden

#566888 Nov 28, 2012
Al Garcia wrote:
Created in God's image......
Simply means that we are unlike the animals. It marks us out from the rest of the animal kingdom as being wonderfully different.
We posses Human intelligence which is unlike anything found in the animal kingdom. We ponder the meaning of our existence, the significance of our actions and the prospects of our destiny. Unlike animals, man is a thinker and capable of being instructed and growing in understanding.
Yeah, but we are waaaaay closer to other primates than humans are to the description of God. If all other animals were like ants, then I could see that comparison working.
Al Garcia wrote:
We are to be creators, capable of changing the world around us. Not allowing us to simply be at the mercy of the world but instead be striving to becoming masters of it.
We can not only create beauty but appreciate it.
We are in his image. A reflection of power, intelligence and creativity.
We would be all that in a universe without a god, where our existence is owed to a natural chain of events.

How likely is it that humans would create gods to reflect human attributes, and specific attributes of the society in which it was created? Look at every god that has ever been believed in, and notice how that god's character reflects the society in which it was born.

If I created a new god today, it would be ethically superior to the god found in the Bible, objectively superior. Whenever a Christian drops the belief in Hell, this is what they are doing. They are creating a god that is superior in character to the one that came before. This is how Bible god came to be, not out of inspiration, but out of adaptation. Ask Scar if you want the specifics. You can trace "God" back to his daddy.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#566889 Nov 28, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Will you make excuses for her(Patty) if she was hunt an atheist or wiccan (Kaitlyn) to their home for telling her to kill herself?
Yeah, I thought not.
Hypocrite. I think it will be justice when the stalkers become the stalked.
.. you needn't defend Patricia, she's quite capable although she thoroughly enjoys the attention ..

.. she is a proven compulsive liar. How did anyone find out her true name if she didn't reveal it? Again, if you'd like the link, I'll be glad to provide ..

.. did someone really call her employer or, as usual, is she lying? Is someone calling her on the phone and hanging up or is she lying? Did someone reveal her ex-husband's full name or the name of her church? I think not. Again, to my knowledge, nobody is stalking her ..

.. you've decided to see only one side of the fence, enjoy the view and continue condoning her behavior. I'll continue doing what I do, calling her on her BS ..

“Wrath”

Is revenant

#566890 Nov 28, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you call a Mexican-Canadian?
Frostback.

If he lives in Missouri , I call him to duty.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-hqOBkaf-7kA/UGPGaq0...

With Established Harem

#566891 Nov 28, 2012
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey HL! What's up?
.. all bruised up! Took a nasty spill while running, bandages all over body, limping. Crushed a few rocks ..

.. and, you ??..
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#566892 Nov 28, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
As far as the bible not being an account of what happened, yes, we know. That's what science says.
Where does your bible say that the story is metaphorical? What's it a metaphor for? The truth? If it's not correct, it's wrong, not a metaphor.
Besides, your bible claims that, "Every word of God is flawless" - Proverbs 30:5. Genesis is horribly flawed. So are Exodus, Leviticus and Deuteronomy.
<quoted text>
Is that a metaphor for wrong?
my guess is that the genealogy of Adam confirms that the account is a metaphor. So this metaphorical Adam lived x years and had a son, and then his son lived y years and had a son and so on for hundreds of years and in fact thousands of years.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#566893 Nov 28, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, but we are waaaaay closer to other primates than humans are to the description of God. If all other animals were like ants, then I could see that comparison working.
<quoted text>
We would be all that in a universe without a god, where our existence is owed to a natural chain of events.
How likely is it that humans would create gods to reflect human attributes, and specific attributes of the society in which it was created? Look at every god that has ever been believed in, and notice how that god's character reflects the society in which it was born.
If I created a new god today, it would be ethically superior to the god found in the Bible, objectively superior. Whenever a Christian drops the belief in Hell, this is what they are doing. They are creating a god that is superior in character to the one that came before. This is how Bible god came to be, not out of inspiration, but out of adaptation. Ask Scar if you want the specifics. You can trace "God" back to his daddy.
Feel free to create one. See if your god would have the same impact on humanity.

We may be closer to looking like primates than looking like ants but since when would God create things, creatures or animals to our liking or our specifications?

With Established Harem

#566894 Nov 28, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Haven't you ever heard of "sticks and stones may break my bones but words can never hurt me"? Stop being a crybaby. My mom taught me that I should be above fighting over words and I didn't. I've taught my daughter the same thing, ignore the bs but not threats. Always take threats and stalkers seriously.
.. words are powerful. You use them to invoke an emotional response, that's what you want. Is your life really that dreary ??..

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#566895 Nov 28, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you know less about science and the Bible than I do. That's not surprising.
<quoted text>
IANS has provided several. Didn't you see them?
<quoted text>
And Christians call one thing literal, and one thing metaphorical, in order to "erase" the inconsistencies. I'm willing to let a believer cherry pick to produce a consistent claim and bring that to me. I like to ask questions because I have absolutely no way of knowing what you are liable to conclude is the True Christian Interpretation of anything.
<quoted text>
When I said in my post, "We've whittled the Bible down so much...", I was speaking about society at large, not atheists. It's been mostly Christians in charge of changing Christianity.
<quoted text>
A young Earth, a flat Earth, the Geocentric model, Adam and Eve, original sin, Noah's flood, Jonah's fish motel, 900 year old people, the tower of Babel, the Exodus, Hell, and so many more I can't think of at the moment.
<quoted text>
Even if Thor comes knocking on your door? He knocks hard.
Yup. U saw IANS supposed refutations of the bible, or at least the links he provided.

I refuted them & got no response. What do ya know?

Science hasn't disproven the bible, not in any way. It can't.

Nobody's trying to "erase" any inconsistencies of the bible because there are none. Parts of the bible are metaphorical, deal with it.

More than just religious people believed in the flat earth, young earth & geocentric earth. You can't pawn that off on us.

"Adam and Eve, original sin, Noah's flood, Jonah's fish motel, 900 year old people, the tower of Babel, the Exodus, Hell" -none of which you can rightfully dispute.... You can try, you can post your opinion, you can post links to websites that agree with your opinion... But you can't demonstrate that any of those are false and/or didn't happen.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#566896 Nov 28, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
After a bottle of Ancient Age , you can try posting.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-cXiUkYUKS4w/UAoMgna...
After a bottle of that, I wouldn't be on Topix......

Location hidden

#566897 Nov 28, 2012
Al Garcia wrote:
Feel free to create one. See if your god would have the same impact on humanity.
I hope not! I'd hate to be responsible for something like the Crusades.
Al Garcia wrote:
We may be closer to looking like primates than looking like ants but since when would God create things, creatures or animals to our liking or our specifications?
We humans have always been the one to describe our gods in the way we want them to be. If it's like that for every other religion, why not your own?

"With great power tools comes great responsibility tools."

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#566898 Nov 28, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
HA! That's a cute list.
Unfortunately, I don't remember Kindergarten. I was drunk the whole year.
a buckism

Location hidden

#566899 Nov 28, 2012
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. all bruised up! Took a nasty spill while running, bandages all over body, limping. Crushed a few rocks ..
.. and, you ??..
I'm sorry to hear that.

If you need any help changing bandages, or dressing, or bathing, or anything else, just ring the bell.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#566900 Nov 28, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
a buckism
Who's buck & why do I keep hearing references?

“Wrath”

Is revenant

#566901 Nov 28, 2012
How many baby's does it take to make a bottle of baby oil?

With Established Harem

#566902 Nov 28, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry to hear that.
If you need any help changing bandages, or dressing, or bathing, or anything else, just ring the bell.
.. thanks for the offer !!..

.. yes, there's one area of my body that's quivering ..

<< buzz >>

.. can you have River come over ??..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 7 min here 63,443
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 31 min marge 653,695
You are of your father......THE DEVIL. 55 min Knock off purse s... 21
Fedz Pimping Poison Meat - Don't Buy 2 hr HiddnNumbrz 1
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr Rosa_Winkel 106,478
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 2 hr WasteWater 2,568
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 3 hr Classic 3,797
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 5 hr LAWEST100 618,751
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 hr Pegasus 281,841
More from around the web