|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
WWJD ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Oh yeah - it isn't "WWJD" - it is "WWID"!!

:o)

Loved it - even without the sound!
too easy

Flushing, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Apocalypse666 wrote:
Come on and do it.
Prove there's a god.
Don't read off scripture or anything like that just prove there's a god.
Look in the mirror. How else would you explain that?

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize that you don't know the damage you did to him, right?
If you were at all intelligent you'd wait until he was convicted, then sue him for lost wages and to cover the costs. It would likely be paid with tax dollars but it would have cost you, and all other taxpayers, a lot less money. Not to mention he'd owe a debt to the state for the rest of his career. But now, he won't ever work, he is now dead weight, all because you don't want to think.
I ran into an 82 year old man on the beach this past winter in Barbados, who I bought building supplies from in 1973 when I built my home on my farm. He surprised me with the story of his early adult life, when he was a promising young pitcher for one of the American major league ball teams, but when home on vacation one year, he was working one day for his dad's building supply business delivering drywall to a customer with a pickup truck. He was riding in the back to hold the drywall down as they had the wind pick up some sheets and blow them off the truck, while his partner drove, and he nodded off to sleep and fell off the truck landing on his head on the road. I think he said he was in a coma for a couple weeks or so but fully recovered, however one of the doctors who he saw or talked with after that stated to him that as a pitcher if he was to take a line drive from a hit ball from the batter in the head, because of his previous serious concussion, at a later time, he might very well be permanently disabled or even killed. He decided then to quit baseball and come back to his hometown to work with his father, and eventually took over the business from his father.

I know of several other situations where a person took a nasty bang on the head, and appeared to be okay, but died later, one a woman who fell down a flight of steps while at a curling bonspiel, and died later that day in hospital although she had not appeared to have been that badly hurt, and the son of one of my bank customers, who was riding on the back of either a snowmobile or a motorcycle (I think snowmobile) with another person, when he took a backflip off onto his head. He also was not apparently that badly hurt but several days later, he started to have severe headaches and his parents took him to the hospital where he died in a short time. I think it was around a week after his injury that he died.

I don't watch hockey but pick up enough snippets of the news to know about that big name in the NHL, Crosby, who missed almost all of last season due to having had two many concussions while playing. He was expected to be another Gretzky, I think.

Speaking of Gretzky, and to stay off topic, he was raised about an hour from where I am sitting now, and if anyone recalls my mentioning my nearly 96 year old great-aunt who died over a week ago and her memorial service was held this past Sunday, she lived the last 20 or more years of her life in the same town as Gretzky was raised, and had moved there because her daughter about my age lived there with her husband and family. The daughter lived next door to the Gretzky home, and the like aged children played with each other.

Though I never followed his career either, Gretzky is considered by some to have been the greatest hockey player in history. Having watched hockey only until the end of the 65-66 season, when there were just two Canadian teams and 4 US teams in the NHL, and very few of the players wore any head protection except the Montreal goalie invented, or designed, a face mask which had started to catch on, I am not sure how Gretzky would have measured up to some of those old guys, because Gretzky was part of a huge hockey league, whereas back then there were just 6 teams and the players, though hardly paid any money, were really good hockey players. It is a question which I haven't looked into.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists deserve the hell they will burn in.
And, may I ask, what is that?

How do you know they will?

According to the many folks who contributed to this website - self-proclaimed Atheists - they said "God" doesn't care what religion one practices.

http://near-death.com/atheists.html

Why do you hate Atheists? Is it because they don't believe like you?

Are you angry with them? Sad because of them? Jealous that they usually are more intelligent than so-called "Christians"?

Why would you even care? Is there a personal comfort level you need to sustain when you express this dislike towards them?

Grow-up. Your arrogance is beginning to show.

More pointedly, your ignorance of the phenomenon of "life after death" is beginning to show.

Suggestion: Dr. Raymond Moody's 1975 classic introduction to the phenomenon - "Life After Life"
http://www.lifeafterlife.com/

See the world in a different perspective than the animosity you seem to like.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Damn right! Thank you...
I guess that OCB would allow her home invader / rapist to just go on about his merry business when he's all done with her...
Hardly a comparison, RR. You always had the upper hand after you and your friends found the guy, and if your story is true, you did act like a goon. If OCB was attacked and raped in her own home, by a man who surprised her, and most likely had considerable more physical strength than she would have, and except if she is an expert martial arts fighter, she would be virtually helpless, and would likely not have any opportunity to even defend herself, and in most cases of that nature her best defense would be to not fight back, except if the attacker was our recently jailed former military base commander, who was breaking into women's homes, stealing their underwear, and assaulting some of them, of which he murdered at least two, including one who he commanded on the base and in the air when he piloted major political figures around. In that case he would have also killed OCB.

This particular topic has got really boring so I am trying to dress it up a bit with some real life off-topic stories.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you people defend the bad guys?
You are the bad guy in your story, RR. The perp who you chased committed a minor criminal offense of stealing a vehicle. You committed a major criminal offense of almost beating another human being to death. The seriousness of his crime did not justify the possibility of being killed, regardless of how ticked off and a fighter you are.

“Jesus is Love”

Since: Jul 12

Hutchinson, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Doctor REALITY wrote:
No other planet in the universe is FILLED WITH BILLIONS OF LIFEFORMS,EXCEPT EARTH,and yet atheists and agnostics want....P-R-O-O-F....of God's existence.......unREAL.
Atheists are the crud of the universe.

“Jesus is Love”

Since: Jul 12

Hutchinson, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
And, may I ask, what is that?
How do you know they will?
According to the many folks who contributed to this website - self-proclaimed Atheists - they said "God" doesn't care what religion one practices.
http://near-death.com/atheists.html
Why do you hate Atheists? Is it because they don't believe like you?
Are you angry with them? Sad because of them? Jealous that they usually are more intelligent than so-called "Christians"?
Why would you even care? Is there a personal comfort level you need to sustain when you express this dislike towards them?
Grow-up. Your arrogance is beginning to show.
More pointedly, your ignorance of the phenomenon of "life after death" is beginning to show.
Suggestion: Dr. Raymond Moody's 1975 classic introduction to the phenomenon - "Life After Life"
http://www.lifeafterlife.com/
See the world in a different perspective than the animosity you seem to like.
Because they contribute 100% of their lives to destroying mankind.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
I grew up in the barrios of Los Angeles and every day I got my ass kicked by the young gang members. I refused to fight back because I always felt that it was not right in my young eyes. My older brother became a good fighter and never understood my reluctance to fight back.
My parents would tell me that the beatings would not stop unless I stood up for myself and stopped acting like a victim and being an easy target for those gang bangers.
One day, I guess I just had enough and snapped.
Anger over took me as they jumped me on the way home from school again for the hundredth time. This one guy Robert, big Mexican kid, really found it entertaining to make my life a living hell pushed my into the chain link fence and demanded that I get on to my knees and shine his shoes with my shirt or he would beat me. I Lost it at that point and hurled myself at him. I don't remember much except that his "homeboys" pulled me off of him and jumped me. I saw him laying in a pool of blood on the sidewalk as they kicked the crap out of me and apparently I had cracked his head wide open against the metal pole and had continued to beat on him until I was pulled off.
I later took Kung fu San Soo (chinese street fighting) classes for several years for self defense
And became very good at it.
I realize that I still have this anger inside from childhood that I keep bottled up inside.
I realize that violence is very dangerous.
I only use violence as an absolute last resort.
I'll always remember Isaac Asimov's quote that I read as a kid:
"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent"
I fortunately, though I grew up being bullied for several years with little break, never got in a bullying situation where my life was at stake. In a small community I think these kids were intelligent enough to know that beating me would never go over with anyone, and I know that living in some of the rougher areas of big cities must be hell for some people. My wife and her two friends when in Hollywood on a masters degree summer course in 1990, were pulled over by a cop while driving down a certain street, and told to turn right around and get to hell out of where they were headed, as where they were headed was no place for 3 defenseless women.

I know as a child I used to hear from the older kids at school of the big fights at some of the weekend local dances (usually Irish or Scottish family feuds likely), but I only actually saw about one fight at a high school dance and that is when an ex boyfriend of my cousin/classmate/former bully/neighbor/now dead decided to jump her current boyfriend outside the community hall. I don't think that lasted very long as others pulled them apart.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
you speak as though you can prove, but of course you can't so you speak as an ignorant fool.
i'll tell you what; you fish/invest where you want & i'll invest where i want in we'll see who ends up eternally rich in the end:)
Except that I know that you can prove absolutely nothing about that ancient myth, but I can locate proof that others have found that it didn't occur, though I have no intention of going to that trouble to satisfy a bigot.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not Caucasian. I find that offensive.
I am American. Don't like that? Why, because you hate America?
We know you are american if you are a citizen of the USA. Two bad they hadn't given the US of A an actual name as they did Canada so you could be called something like American but similar to Canadian. But American is still the designation of what nation you live in, which makes you American, though I am also a North American. No nationality tells a person's race, because almost all nations of the world have people of every racial group existing living there.

Basically though, since all humans are of the same species, the races are really just artificial names we attach to people with certain body characteristics which differ from other races, such a skin color, type of hair, etc.

I think more recently they have found some clues that some people in the world are somewhat showing signs of having come from a different group of ancestors than the rest, but it seems that many of us originated in what is now the Continent of Africa.

None of us though are descendants of Adam, Noah, Abraham, etc., because those are all fictional characters coming from ancient legends. I, of course, don't have on me the evidence to back that up but I understand that is what those experts in the fields of science who do study these things have concluded.

I know from just personal deduction that if a first man did exist, there is no existing book that would have recorded anything about his actual events of his life, as the story of Adam and Eve tries to, because that first man would have been hundreds of thousands of years before man could speak, write, or even think about, leaving records behind.

Also I know enough about memory and human nature that if a real man named Jesus did exist some 2000 years ago, the stories we are told about him would not be true accounts, because humans are not capable of reporting accurately exact details including conversations of people even a few minutes after an event, but certainly not many decades after the event.

Even today movies made about real life human beings and events in their lives, have most of the script in the movie written by writers, to approximate what they think might have been said during the events, but certainly are not direct recordings of the events, except if they have actual recordings, tapes, or whatever, of actual speeches or conversations made at the original event.
Doctor REALITY

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists are the crud of the universe.
I was thinking more along THIS line: http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6173/6152539022...
Razer

Europe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

God can't be whoever you choose to be,eg yourself. He is a spirit and is not literally inside you. He came before us and is seperate from us. It's a metaphor that people use to say they believe when they pray for God to be in their hearts. They pray for the strength to believe. And people in a coma do have free will. Their brains are still working. People sin in thought,word and in deed. People in coma's still think and people who are mentally ill can still sin in thought, word and deed. Sin does exist. It is the work of the devil.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Because they contribute 100% of their lives to destroying mankind.
Isn't Jesus supposed to do that when he gets back from buying ghost groceries?

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't Jesus supposed to do that when he gets back from buying ghost groceries?
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for your response. You seem quite kind. A rarity on topix.
Thank you. A carry over from my days of intense Christian indoctrination maybe; we were taught that being kind was a Christian attribute.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

Doctor REALITY wrote:
No other planet in the universe is FILLED WITH BILLIONS OF LIFEFORMS,EXCEPT EARTH,and yet atheists and agnostics want....P-R-O-O-F....of God's existence.......unREAL.
Since man had not yet been to any other planet in the universe, except possibly putting an unmanned satellite on or near a few of the planets of our own solar system, how would you even be able to comment on that, and there are universes, and solar systems, so far away that man will never be able to get within millions or billions of light years from them, so how would you know that there may not be life on many of their planets?

Any planet or piece of matter that is flying around in that huge expanse of whatever out there, which is close enough but not too close to a sun, to be able to support life within its own environment using the energy from its sun as its power, is likely just as capable of having life as earth is.

Earth and all that is on it, is big to us, because we are here, but in terms of all that we know about plus all that we know little or nothing about, earth is hardly even existing. Would that indicate we are the only tiny piece of debris in all of that which could have life on it, and for what purpose? What purpose would stars we can't even see, and which have no effect whatsoever on us due to such extreme distances have for existing if the earth was the centre of a Creation?

I don't know the answers, but I don't think that stating the earth is the only inhabited place of the whole makes much sense.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Donít know much about the French do you.
Nope you are happy to stick to backroom rumour and supermarket tabloid hate sheets
http://www.blurtit.com/q9649992.html
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index...
And face facts the only war the US has won in the last 60 years was against a bunch of hill farmers.
has america won a war, other than the civil one?

“talk to the kitteh”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you can personally pay for all their medical bills.
Anybody who attacks me deserves whatever injuries they get in return. It's called self-defense, i.e., "reasonable force", you obnoxious freak. It's the law!

Stupid troll. Like you would just take whatever abuse anybody wants to dish out? Fkg hypocrite. Go take your psych meds.

“talk to the kitteh”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What the fizzle?!?!?
Broken bones?
Damaged heart?
Damaged lungs?
Scarring internal organs?
Where are you coming up with all this excessive injury?
Why are you embellishing?
That's what crazy people do.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

686 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 min Free Agent of Jesus 533,438
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 12 min RFD 1,590
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 14 min New Age Spiritual Leader 224,560
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 14 min EdmondWA 93,823
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 21 min Charlie Sheen 256,928
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 30 min Calyps017 115,576
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 37 min RiccardoFire 36,556
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 57 min reree 86
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 1 hr evanssean 122
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••