Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It's actually all of those. It's also an atheist nation.
The fact that the Congress is secular does NOT mean the nation is.
I don't expect a liberal, government loving lunatic to understand...
Just yesterday- and NOT for the first time- not by a LONG shot- you have repeatedly stated that the USA is a CHRISTIAN nation.

Now you're saying it's not???

Regardless, it is NONE of those- learn the meaning of the word "secular".

Here- I'll help you- yet AGAIN:

A secular state is a concept of secularism, whereby a state or country purports to be officially neutral in matters of religion, supporting neither religion nor irreligion.[1]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secular_state

Now what the means in terms of the PEOPLE is that the PEOPLE are under NO obligation whatsoever to support ANY religion or NO religion.

It is left up to each of us as INDIVIDUALS to determine for OURSELVES if we CHOOSE to be of ANY religion or of NO religion at all.

And I don't "love" the government, but YOU sure do; after all, you have no problem with our GOVERNMENT legally denying gay people the same rights and the equal rights which straight people enjoy.

And a lunatic? Pfft. That would be YOU, RR- teaching your boys that it's just fine and dandy to resort to physical violence.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree that violence is the last recourse. I've never suggested otherwise.
I think you're confusing "attack" with "defense".
I have ZERO tendancies for road rage. None. Ever. And I live in SoCal with some of the nastiest freeways & drivers in America.
You're wrong. Again.
You're a LIAR. You did NOT teach your kid to use violence as a last resort.

And fighting back when there ARE other choices- such as was the case with your kid- is NOT the proper action to take nor is it a proper defense.

Okay- you say I am wrong about you having road rage- I'll have to take your word for it, since THANKFULLY, we will never cross paths- on the road or otherwise- in "real" life.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>RR doesn't know his ahole from a hole in the ground.
He is one of THE most ignorant, uninformed and misinformed posters here.
I know, but its good to let him know these things every now and again. Surely his ignorance must embarrass him. OK forget that last sentence.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Really?
Let's test that assertion, shall we?
Okay, stand just here until 12:17. Pay no attention to those rail-like thingies.
CSX is usually pretty punctual - we should know by 12:18.
ROFFLMAO!!! RR won't die and UIF (Patty's) home is HEAVEN!

So not only should RR stand on that railroad crossing, UIF (Patty) should give her dwelling- be it house, apartment, double-wide trailer or hovel- to someone who does NOT claim their home is heaven.

Have you ever SEEN so much walking BULLSHIT???

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Nobody here cares what matters to you, otherwise I would have politely quit posting as you suggested...not wanting to interfere with your "ability" to compile and publish a book from Topix copy.
pffft...like I don't know enough about law to know that you can't sue me for saying what I please. Do something constructive...GFY.
Good- go to a movie theater and yell "fire" despite the theater not being on fire since you claim you can say what you please.

Then let us know what prison to send care packages to for you.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I know, but its good to let him know these things every now and again. Surely his ignorance must embarrass him. OK forget that last sentence.
Yeah- how could he be embarrassed over his ignorance when he's too damned ignorant to know just how ignorant he is?

LOL!!

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, quick question. Do you think people like United in Faith, Timesten, Simply Said, Bongo, Just Results, bossdrop would have your back in a war?

Read the links below and then ask that question.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Tillman

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/08/12/pat-...

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18560_162-4061656...

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
In a perfect world your 1-9 would work. Or at least in an area where there are enough cops to have the time to deal with every little call they get.
Sorry, OCB. It ain't like that everywhere. I HAVE called the cops. You know what I get? "Tell the school."
Like the school can do anything. Like the parent(s) of the bully will do anything. He's a bully BECAUSE of his parent(s).
Sometimes, not always, taking justice into your owns hands is a necessary evil.
Then you TELL IT TO THE SCHOOL!!! If the school does nothing, if the kid's parents do nothing, you call CHILD PROTECTIVE SERVICES.

And if after calling the school, they do nothing, you call the police AGAIN and you inform them of that.

And you go to the higher-ups in the school board.

You as a citizen do NOT have the LEGAL- or MORAL!- right to determine what "justice" is when you are talking about taking the LAW into your own hands.

And our laws and our courts back ME up on this, RR- not YOU.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
So be it. Send them on out. I've already had this discusion with CPS. There's NOTHING wrong with defending yourself.
BTW - I've never sent my son to school with "instructions to break a kid's nose". You're not reading...
<quoted text>
You know what the schools & cops do about bullies?
Nothing.
Until it's too late.
F_ck 'em. And everyone that looks like 'em.
Then on the larger scale, you and other parents, have to get those shortcomings of the cops and schools changed. After all, they are employed by you. Meanwhile teaching your child to return violence with violence is not a positive thing for your son, if you want him to grow up to be a good decent person. We learn from what we are told, and what we do, and if he learns early when someone crosses him he hits them or throws a stone, then he might continue to use those measures, to some degree, all through his life.

On the other hand I am not suggesting that you raise your son to turn the other cheek, and to let others push him around. He should stand up for what is rightfully his, but do it in socially acceptable ways. Bashing a bully's nose in with a rock is not a socially acceptable way of dealing with a bully, except if he is about to kill you.

I have had many issues with lawyers, businesses, telephone companies, etc., where I have had to get very aggressive to get my own rights, but I did it by going through the proper channels, in most cases, rather than finding the person and beating their brains in.

In fact I have fought fights for things that many would have walked away from, yet I have never been in a violent confrontation as an adult in my life, with one exception, when a man on a bicycle who I had attempted to educate about the rules of the road for riding bicycles, suddenly struck me across the side of the face, when it had not even occurred to me that he would be violent, as we were just having a heated discussion through my open window of my car.

Because I later found that when he struck me he had lost his watch which had a strange bracelet which didn't clasp but rather was solid and went only partway around his wrist, and it apparently flew off and dropped on the floor of my car when he struck me, and neither of us noticed it at the time.

Because I had a piece of his property, and also after thinking about it, I had some concerns that he might have a record as a violent person, I did contact the police, made a report and gave them the watch, in case the guy ever showed up, so they could give it back to him.

I actually initiated that whole event unwisely, because I had seen one too many bicyclists doing stupid things on our streets in that time period, and he was the one which finally made me take action, which was to only continue driving slowly down my side of the street, which he was on approaching me, rather than pulling over into the lane of an oncoming car to go around him.

That required that we both stop, and he got angry and claimed I had tried to run over him while I explained that he had been riding on the wrong side of the street, and I was just proceeding in my legal lane. Obviously I had no intentions of harming him; only to alert him to his breaking the law.

But as in the case of your son, it could have gone very wrong. If we had been in the USA, where people carry guns in some places, he might have just shot me rather than strike me.

My action showed bad judgement; his action was breaking a traffic law, and breaking a criminal law (assault).

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
why do you want to re-create the fate of sodom & gomorrah in our america??? "as it was in the days of Sodom so shall it be in the end" Jesus
go be a homo-activist in japan....
Perhaps you need to get your head out of those ancient fairy stories. The story of Sodom and Gomorrah is a myth, and the story, as it was told, was not about what you claim it is anyway. Also there are no current "signs" that would indicate that we are nearing the times of the events portrayed in that story. You are fishing where there are no fish.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't wanna hear abour your cowardly parental tactics, boooots.
My sons are American and as such WILL defend themselves when necessary & are prepared to do so.
You can keep you Canadian "run away" tactics all you want. Don't peddle them at me.
Perhaps we should choose to not communicate any longer here, which I think I have previously done several times, but then forgot I had and got back into it.

I find that your posts lack being involved in the topic here anyway, but rather you seem to be just here to stir up arguments. You are definitely not a true believer in Christ as we humans commonly think of that term.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a similar story. Remember me saying that my work truck was stolen? The truck was stolen sometime during the night. I noticed it was missing at 4 am when I was gonna leave for work.
I called the cops immediately & reported it stolen. I then notified my boss. All of our tools were on my truck.
Later that morning, my boss, 2 coworkers & I were at a 7-11 getting coffee & being bummed. When out of nowhere, the tweaker that stolen truck pulled up! We rushed him & he peeled out, took off.
I jumped on the hood ofy truck, trying to hit him through the window while he was backing up. He spun my truck around, threw it in 1st & I went up & over the truck cab into the bed.
I kept hitting him. He rolled up the window & I couldn't break through it. There was a big ole chain in the bed with me. I rolled it up & ashes through the back window. The chain wrapped around his face & busted his eye open & busted his lip.
His stopped the truck (yay) & took off running. My boss chased him down, kicked his ass & brought him back to my bosses van.
My boss had a pistol I his glove compartment.
(stupid, I know. He had just been cheated on by his 7 year wife & was abut suicidal.)
I pistol whipped that dude & threatened him.
He shit his pants. Literally.
It was so rewarding to pay back just a little of what was dished out to us.
That was the SOB that got 30 days for GTA & was released in 2 weeks..... We never got our tos recovered.
I just re-read this post of yours, RR.

You're SICK, man- really sick.

You actually got OFF on inflicting violence and pain on someone and sorry, pal- but that IS sick.

What makes it even sicker is that you did something SO heinous over a "worldly" possession- a friggin' TRUCK- WTF is WRONG with you?

You did NOT pay back just a little of what was dished out to you- the guy who stole the truck didn't lay a FINGER on you and you think LITERALLY beating the crap out of him was equal to him having stolen a truck? You OVERREACTED- to say the least- and as I previously told you, I do not believe it for a second for IF that happened, YOU would have been charged with at the very least- the CRIME of ASSAULT.

You are a walking time bomb, RR.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course it did.
The French have become the p_ssy laughing stock. They are cowards & they run from a fight and ask for everyone else's help instead of standing their own ground.
Ok, I was not aware of the French having gained that status, as I tend to not pay a lot of attention to things in the media involving France, as it is of minimal interest to me.

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Good- go to a movie theater and yell "fire" despite the theater not being on fire since you claim you can say what you please.
Then let us know what prison to send care packages to for you.
I was talking about conversations "here", obviously, moron.

Please go sit at the kid table until your reading comprehension improves.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't get me wrong, the church is a great place to go & learn about God.
I just don't go to church. I feel that they have become corrupted.
That's it.
The argument against that view when I was a church goer is that a church is place for sinners, not saints, so if you are a believer staying away is just defeating the whole purpose of it, which I do now endorse you doing. The more that stay away the quicker will be the demise of this outdated mythology, which is indeed corrupt, but not likely for the reasons that you are thinking.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
Boooots wrote:
I was taught as a very young child to turn the other cheek, so when I was bullied I just let them do it.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
You were raised to be a sissy?
<quoted text>
No, he was raised to be a coward & to run away from a fight and go tattle.
I never tattled. My parents never heard what happened to me for several years in school. I never told the teacher anything. I endured it in silence.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I was talking about conversations "here", obviously, moron.
Please go sit at the kid table until your reading comprehension improves.
I don't care what you were talking about. Even here on Topix, posts deemed to be inappropriate by the moderators can be- and often are-deleted.

So no....you really CAN'T say whatever you please- not even here on Topix but of course, posts being deleted doesn't also result in criminal charges being brought against you.

And you're an IDIOT. Several weeks ago, you went on a rant accusing me of wearing diapers and you went into great detail about that (sorry about your poop fixation....)and now you tell me to go sit at the "kid table"?

You're a mess.

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps we should choose to not communicate any longer here, which I think I have previously done several times, but then forgot I had and got back into it.
I find that your posts lack being involved in the topic here anyway, but rather you seem to be just here to stir up arguments. You are definitely not a true believer in Christ as we humans commonly think of that term.
We get that your concept of "ignore" is on par with OCB's and ChristineB's. I dare you to ignore me and RR for 24 hours. It's not a long time, reasonable in length but we aren't dealing with a reasonable person. Reasonable people don't stalk other people for years online and offline. Why don't you show the rest of the world that pic you guys took of Patty's grave marker, you know, the one you guys pass among yourselves and drool over like starving dogs.

What? Would that be just a little too incriminating? You talk shyt about how awful bullying and stalking is when it's done to kids but you don't have any problem doing to some old lady and her elderly mom.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

United in faith wrote:
You have been offered the greatest gift ever known to mankind. why would you reach for the alternitve instead?
Your gift has no value if your god doesn't exist, and it surely doesn't. I know that with certainty.

Any cost is too much to pay for a promise that won't be kept, but you want everything I have. You want my attention, my time, my money, my devotion, and my obedience, all in support of a metaphysical system that I find absurd and a moral system that I find reprehensible.

You want me to surrender reason, autonomy, and an authentic existence, and to allow the priests to substitute their will and moral their judgments for my own instead. That would constitute a forsaking or abdication of the self - what you would call a sin against the soul.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
I never tattled. My parents never heard what happened to me for several years in school. I never told the teacher anything. I endured it in silence.
Which you might realize in hindsight was not the best course of action- to endure it in silence.

There is ALWAYS an authority figure children can turn to when such things happen and that need not be one's parents.

I guess I can understand why you were hesitant to report such incidents, but while it is only under VERY rare and exceptional circumstances that ANYONE should take the law into their own hands, children of ALL people should not let such acts of violence against them go unreported.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 537,801 - 537,820 of679,139
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

635 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min June VanDerMark 511,552
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 6 min Aerobatty 216,195
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 6 min Naveen kumar 360
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 14 min Porkpie Hat 250,248
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 19 min PetesaKe 109,339
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 21 min Dale_Harris 52,442
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 46 min USA-1 37,808
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 47 min devbrain 214
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr Epiphany2 596,440
teen snapchat nudes 10 hr Oscar 102
•••
•••
•••