karl44 wrote:
the bible is myth
No it isn't.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#566913 Nov 28, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup. U saw IANS supposed refutations of the bible, or at least the links he provided.
I've seen them several times, and not just from him.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I refuted them & got no response. What do ya know?
You refuted the refutations? Did you get a refund?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Science hasn't disproven the bible, not in any way. It can't.
You're right that science can't refute a supernatural claim, but we can say where the Bible makes a claim that must have a supernatural answer. This can lead to interesting logical proofs.

For example, if God flooded the entire Earth (whether you believe it or not, the claim is there), he hid all the evidence.

Similarly, if God created humans in one instant, he decided to make it look like we evolved from a long line of organisms tracing back to a single life form. He made other primates appear to be closely related cousins.

If He told people the Earth was a flat circular disc sitting on four piers, covered by a dome, he had a reason for lying about it.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Nobody's trying to "erase" any inconsistencies of the bible because there are none. Parts of the bible are metaphorical, deal with it.
I consider the Bible an entirely human invention. I interpret it as such. In that light, the inconsistencies are expected. The writers were just not talented enough to create a consistent work, so believers over the centuries have had to creatively interpret the Bible to adapt it to changing cultural values and scientific discoveries.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
More than just religious people believed in the flat earth, young earth & geocentric earth. You can't pawn that off on us.
But your god didn't enlighten the authors. Why? Did your god go with the crowd? For what purpose?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
"Adam and Eve, original sin, Noah's flood, Jonah's fish motel, 900 year old people, the tower of Babel, the Exodus, Hell" -none of which you can rightfully dispute....
These are examples of things that modern Christians may no longer believe in. Talk to them about it.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
You can try, you can post your opinion, you can post links to websites that agree with your opinion... But you can't demonstrate that any of those are false and/or didn't happen.
That's a separate argument. Mine, currently, is that believers of the religion are dropping beliefs in light of ever changing cultural values and scientific discoveries.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#566914 Nov 28, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
George Carlin
way better
No doubt Carlin was very funny! Damn smart too!
Sam had a nasty, angry edge to him while Carlin's humor seemed deeper and thought provoking.

#566915 Nov 28, 2012
Dang, I didn't know I had been logged out when I responded to tide. Sorry for the "gray box"

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#566916 Nov 28, 2012
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. thanks for the offer !!..
.. yes, there's one area of my body that's quivering ..
<< buzz >>
.. can you have River come over ??..
Will do, but she insists that you wear a blindfold, and she won't speak, because she has a sore throat, and she's going to wear a fake beard just for fun. You might feel it tickling you.

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#566917 Nov 28, 2012
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. all bruised up! Took a nasty spill while running, bandages all over body, limping. Crushed a few rocks ..
.. and, you ??..
Really?

I hope you didn't injure something important!

#566918 Nov 28, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
never a carlin!
Carlin never existed.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#566919 Nov 28, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds like sour grapes to me. Go suck a lemon if you love the bitter so much.
Nano, I always like to give people the benefit of the doubt, for a while to see if they always post a certain way, but you are presenting yourself as one of those tough masculine type women one sees in movies that pushes around everyone (no offense to any woman who might look that way, because I was only trying to describe what I see nano as acting); perhaps the bully in a women's prison, who beats up a couple of the more subservient women right off the bat, when they arrive, so they know she is the boss.

Yes, raise your daughters to know they shouldn't get into cars with strangers and if they are caught in a dangerous place to fight with everything they have to save themselves, but teaching a child to fight the way you describe it, is just teaching a kid to be a bully. If that is what you want for your kids, then I guess you will have to put up with how they turn out when they have kids of their own.

The way you present yourself and your ideas here, though, doesn't seem to me to be the ideals of a person who is beating up on atheists for not being Christians. I don't see any Christianity in your responses. I still know what I was taught from childhood of how a person should act, according to the example that the character Christ tried to teach in the Bible stories.

My point for saying that is why come down on non-Christians so hard when you show no Christianity in you yourself.

If you take a close look at the posters on this site, and factor in their backgrounds, relatively speaking those who claim to be believers present themselves in a far more negative way than do the non-believers.

For that reason, I know that some of the claimed believers on this site are not, but are just here to pick fights.

Hermosa Beach, CA

#566920 Nov 28, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
ooooooohhhh..........
Buck must've been one helluva guy!
We loved Buck and we hated Buck.

But Buck was one of us, part of a family.

He also was/is a mystery: pig farmer? felon? famous football player? author?

Buck is a legend.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#566921 Nov 28, 2012
Doctor REALITY wrote:
Question to atheists and agnostics: If the Lord Jesus Christ isn't REAL,and if He didn't C-R-E-A-T-E all of the human and animal and plant life on earth,then HOW did all of this life,which doesn't exist on any other planet in this solar system,get here??
probability (and science) suggest that:

life will be found ubiquitous throughout the universe

Hermosa Beach, CA

#566922 Nov 28, 2012
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Carlin never existed.
What about Buck Crick?

Did he exist?

Location hidden

#566923 Nov 28, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, but we are waaaaay closer to other primates than humans are to the description of God. If all other animals were like ants, then I could see that comparison working.
<quoted text>
We would be all that in a universe without a god, where our existence is owed to a natural chain of events.
How likely is it that humans would create gods to reflect human attributes, and specific attributes of the society in which it was created? Look at every god that has ever been believed in, and notice how that god's character reflects the society in which it was born.
If I created a new god today, it would be ethically superior to the god found in the Bible, objectively superior. Whenever a Christian drops the belief in Hell, this is what they are doing. They are creating a god that is superior in character to the one that came before. This is how Bible god came to be, not out of inspiration, but out of adaptation. Ask Scar if you want the specifics. You can trace "God" back to his daddy.
christianity is an evolved belief system

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#566924 Nov 28, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
I consider the Bible an entirely human invention. I interpret it as such.
Those two sentences sum up all that you needed to say....

IMO, you're wrong.

We can debate this ad infinitum, there will never be and end to the debate, unless one is us is willing to forego our beliefs. I am not willing to do that. Are you?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#566925 Nov 28, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Buck is a legend.
Then I'm honored to be compared to him.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#566926 Nov 28, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
probability (and science) suggest that:
life will be found ubiquitous throughout the universe
Even on the moon?

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#566927 Nov 28, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right. It really does no good to go tell the teacher or principal. They won't do shit about it until its too late.
How many times do we need to hear that some poor kid killed himself because of some bullying that was going on & he just couldn't take it anymore? The kicker is, onost of those stories, the school knew & did nothing.
I think the best way to prevent violence is to be prepared to be violent when necessary. This philosophy has served me wells whe life. I've never been bullied, walked on or had my ass kicked.
I recommend all people learn at least the basics of fighting skills.
But then what about the child who was killed by a gang of bullies because his daddy taught him to hit a bully back?

Perhaps if less American fathers would not tell their kids to hit back, we wouldn't have as many young Americans being sent half way around the world to bully other people, and then some come back in boxes. Violence breeds violence. The USA was built on violence, recreated itself in the 1860s on it's most bloody war the Americans have ever been in, and haven't stopped fighting somebody somewhere since that. How much of that is because they are taught to be a violent people?

Location hidden

#566928 Nov 28, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
What about Buck Crick?
Did he exist?
a personality created by a religious sociopath

#566929 Nov 28, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Buck is a legend.
Hear! Hear! I second that statement!

#566930 Nov 28, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Then I'm honored to be compared to him.
You remind me of Buck also!:)

#566931 Nov 28, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
What about Buck Crick?
Did he exist?
No he didn't but his story of getting his butt whooped on roller skates was a hoot!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 13 min confrinting with ... 675,533
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 19 min buckwhack 6,230
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 21 min buckwhack 110,203
exhibitionism (Jul '13) 3 hr exhib 8
----*PUBLIC REBUKE to: --TV Preachers, POPE---- 3 hr stirringYTube 1
Call for Gov Asa Hutchinson To Resign 4 hr Hiddn Numbrz 1
My NEW SPECULATION about the mystery vehicle an... 4 hr Doctor REALITY 14
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 5 hr WildWeirdWillie 184,738
More from around the web