Prove there's a god.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#566812 Nov 28, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Here are two basic philosophies that I teach my kids. Neither are violent.
"Never, EVER, start a fight. Always be prepared to finish one."
"TAKE your turn OR WAIT your turn. It's your choice."
Yeah, I would be a hypocrite if I told my kid to just let a bully beat you until he wears out and then lay there quietly until he's gone. I've shown my daughter how to inflict maximum pain with minimum effort if she thinks she needs it to disable or get away from an attacker. She said she had to use it at school one time when an older boy tried to keep her from going in the back door at school after the bell had finished ringing. She said she could have sworn his feet left the ground after she kicked him in the nuts as hard as she could. He hasn't bothered her since. I suspect her actions probably kept her from being sexually assaulted.
I refuse to let some damned wussy teacher brainwash my kid into believing that she doesn't have the right to fight back. They tried that crap on my generation too and it enraged me to think some boy could pinch my boob and the teacher expected me to let "that" go! I had a teacher pull that on me one day, "___, I saw that!" when I elbowed the boy as hard as I could. I yelled back at her, "How convenient you didn't see him pinch me!" She let it go. She knew she couldn't win with me. I was always went righteous on her ass.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#566813 Nov 28, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>You were bullied as a kid because they knew you wouldn't fight back. It's that simple. A bully never bothers anybody bigger than him/herself or anybody who has that wimpy, scared "look" because he doesn't want to take the chance he might get hurt. One thing I learned is that if you hurt them they go looking for easier prey. Sometimes a situation calls for violence, sometimes it doesn't. If a knife or a gun is involved and you are unarmed then you have to rely on your wits to survive. I've bluffed my way out of a couple of physical fights with bravado and had to reason with one woman who pulled a knife on me. "That" was a close one.
You are very naive if you think "bully law" will protect a kid from harm.
So, women are raped because they didn't fight back either? Yeah, nice excuse.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#566814 Nov 28, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Ancient? I'm close to that, almost 40.
boooots is like 140, so.....

Location hidden

#566815 Nov 28, 2012
Ack! I didn't edit enough out. Ignore the "was" in the last sentence.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#566816 Nov 28, 2012
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm:
http://youtu.be/XtFb_xem6k8
LMAO!!

That's one of the best Cheech & Chong moments everererer.

"Mexican Americans go to school, take Spanish and get a B......"

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#566817 Nov 28, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Ancient? I'm close to that, almost 40.
Dang young whippersnappers!

Location hidden

#566818 Nov 28, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Is she new to you? Nano has zero redeeming qualities and brings nothing to the table. It's just all bile and invective. I promise you that you will never see an interesting idea or constructive opinion from her ever. She brings no information, no insight nor analysis, no humor, no wit, no charm, no bonhomie, and no personality whatsoever - just pinch-faced bitterness and clenched sphincter prudery wrapped in the personality of a cactus - unless she get shit-faced slutty and asks you to touch her "kitteh." That's the only time you'll enjoy her posting.
See if I'm wrong.
Sounds like sour grapes to me. Go suck a lemon if you love the bitter so much.

#566819 Nov 28, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee, I probably could have lived out the rest of my life without seeing that picture, but had it been the red head in the previous post then that is a whole different story.
Right?!!

Location hidden

#566820 Nov 28, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So, women are raped because they didn't fight back either? Yeah, nice excuse.
I didn't say that and you know it. I said "sometimes" violence is necessary.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#566821 Nov 28, 2012
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Dang young whippersnappers!
Pft, I don't feel young at all anymore. But I will once I move down to Mexico, I love the desert air, it's refreshing, and their food agrees with me better. Of course in some areas I'll have to stick to coffee, but then, I drink almost nothing but coffee anyway. Then I'll feel like a young whippersnapper again!

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#566822 Nov 28, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't say that and you know it. I said "sometimes" violence is necessary.
If you make an excuse for one, you cannot avoid the excuse for the others.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#566823 Nov 28, 2012
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Sam was one of the funniest comedians of the time. And even today, I still think no one can hold a handle to his comedy, his angst or his twisted view of life.
Yeah, he's definitively up there. I also like Mitch Hedberg. He had some awesome one liners.

"I used to do drugs.... I still do, but I used to, too."

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#566824 Nov 28, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, I would be a hypocrite if I told my kid to just let a bully beat you until he wears out and then lay there quietly until he's gone. I've shown my daughter how to inflict maximum pain with minimum effort if she thinks she needs it to disable or get away from an attacker. She said she had to use it at school one time when an older boy tried to keep her from going in the back door at school after the bell had finished ringing. She said she could have sworn his feet left the ground after she kicked him in the nuts as hard as she could. He hasn't bothered her since. I suspect her actions probably kept her from being sexually assaulted.
I refuse to let some damned wussy teacher brainwash my kid into believing that she doesn't have the right to fight back. They tried that crap on my generation too and it enraged me to think some boy could pinch my boob and the teacher expected me to let "that" go! I had a teacher pull that on me one day, "___, I saw that!" when I elbowed the boy as hard as I could. I yelled back at her, "How convenient you didn't see him pinch me!" She let it go. She knew she couldn't win with me. I was always went righteous on her ass.
You're right. It really does no good to go tell the teacher or principal. They won't do shit about it until its too late.

How many times do we need to hear that some poor kid killed himself because of some bullying that was going on & he just couldn't take it anymore? The kicker is, onost of those stories, the school knew & did nothing.

I think the best way to prevent violence is to be prepared to be violent when necessary. This philosophy has served me wells whe life. I've never been bullied, walked on or had my ass kicked.

I recommend all people learn at least the basics of fighting skills.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#566825 Nov 28, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Pft, I don't feel young at all anymore. But I will once I move down to Mexico, I love the desert air, it's refreshing, and their food agrees with me better. Of course in some areas I'll have to stick to coffee, but then, I drink almost nothing but coffee anyway. Then I'll feel like a young whippersnapper again!
But them you won't be in a "real city" anymore.....

You'll need a car.

Or un trucko.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#566826 Nov 28, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
If you make an excuse for one, you cannot avoid the excuse for the others.
Does a person really need an excuse to beat the shit out of an attacker?!?!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#566827 Nov 28, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, he's definitively up there. I also like Mitch Hedberg. He had some awesome one liners.
"I used to do drugs.... I still do, but I used to, too."
"I don't do drugs any more...

...or any less"

Kidd Rock

lol

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#566828 Nov 28, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think that there's one single piece of science that has disproven anything in the Bible. If anything, science helps to further study & understand the Bible.
<quoted text>
I disagree. I don't think anyone has shown any actual inconsistencies in the Bible. Atheist websites take a literal something vs a literal something, compare the two, then claim that they're inconsistant when they're actually not. Atheists have been trying to break down the Bible of r long, long time. Of course, to no end.
<quoted text>
Like what?
<quoted text>
Redneck rarely takes the easy road, so no. I've never considered being a Deist. I'm a born again Christian & always will be.
If you're gonna run with the claim that the bible can and does shift between literal, metaphorical, and allegorical language randomly and without rhyme or reason, and that you and your buddies are the arbiters of god's "true meaning," then you're right, nothing in the bible can be disproven and it's not inconsistent. That, however, is quite a presumptuous and arrogant way to read the word of god, in my opinion. Why doesn't it mean what it says? It used to, until science showed most of it to be absurd. You know, god could have settled this long ago by "inspiring" someone to replace the entire book of genesis with e=mc^2.

#566829 Nov 28, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
That whole bit, "created in God's image", could have been worded better.
I would have went with "created in God's imagination".
There, I fixed it.
Then when we turn it around, like we do with the original, it still works.
God was created in man's imagination.
Created in God's image......

Simply means that we are unlike the animals. It marks us out from the rest of the animal kingdom as being wonderfully different.
We posses Human intelligence which is unlike anything found in the animal kingdom. We ponder the meaning of our existence, the significance of our actions and the prospects of our destiny. Unlike animals, man is a thinker and capable of being instructed and growing in understanding.

We are to be creators, capable of changing the world around us. Not allowing us to simply be at the mercy of the world but instead be striving to becoming masters of it.

We can not only create beauty but appreciate it.
We are in his image. A reflection of power, intelligence and creativity.

#566830 Nov 28, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll will have to tell you the story of drinking coffee in Rosarito beach one day....

Me or IANS can be your tour guide. Though I hear he speaks Spanish like a "Chuntaro!" (Native)lol!

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#566831 Nov 28, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Poor Patty had no clue that when she came to Topix she had fallen into a pit of vipers. She may not be someone I would choose to chill with but I can still feel compassion for what she has had to go through with these psychos.
.. do you have compassion for the numerous Christians she has called demonic, immoral and hell-bound because they do not agree with her ??..

.. do you have compassion for Booots when she begins each of her posts to him with, "Liar or stupid?" ..

.. do you have compassion for the Christian poster she calls dumb with a 'rotted mind' here:
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/gay/T85ELBGC7...

.. how about her hearty jokes about sending American gays to Uganda? The woman is evil ..

.. again, she revealed all personal information. It came back to haunt her ..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min Steve III 641,241
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 2 min Paul is dead 4,071
Do you want to earn $0,00025 from each your web... 10 min Juara ads 1
Moroccan men have the largest penis (Oct '13) 13 min lorna 85
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 17 min Peace_Warrior 618,359
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 34 min karl44 37,853
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 52 min onemale 280,864
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Anna 104,619
More from around the web