Prove there's a god.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#566802 Nov 28, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Where did I say that ALL Africans are black?
I never said that. Yes, I KNOW where Caucasian people hail from....
Do YOU yet know the DIFFERENCE between RACE and NATIONALITY?
Anyway, as I just posted to you, this has gotten silly and old and it really is just the HUMAN race that matters.
Post 566776, you said:

"Sigh.....AFRICAN denotes a SKIN COLOR. It also denotes a geographic location."

Are you gonna NOW say that "African" does NOT denote a skin color?

Or at least admit that was a prety stupid remark.

That's like saying "American" denotes a skin color.....

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#566803 Nov 28, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>7 paragraphs? Really? You should ask yourself why is it so hard for you to not just type, "Well, pardon the hell out of me!", and move along.
When a person gets to be the age of ancient, they have the time to post super long comments.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#566804 Nov 28, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
When a person gets to be the age of ancient, they have the time to post super long comments.
Ancient? I'm close to that, almost 40.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#566805 Nov 28, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
Again, a Caucasian comes from Europe, North Africa, the Horn of Africa, Western Asia, parts of Central Asia and South Asia.
But NOT South Africa. So calling a white South African a Caucasian would be a mistake.
But in reality they are called simply "South African". There's no white- or black- that preceds it.
MY POINT is that it's crazy & unfair that a person BORN in South Africa are simply called "South African", but a person born in America is classified as anything BUT "American"....
I AM American. That's all. That's it.
I'm:

http://youtu.be/XtFb_xem6k8

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#566806 Nov 28, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
UIF, you haven't mention, I don't think, whether you have your own children and how old they are, but it is criminal behavior to teach a child to return violence for violence. In a big percentage of those cases, especially in some of the more dangerous sections of some areas of the USA, that is almost a guarantee of getting your child killed.
Yes, don't let people push you around, and if bullied get help, but fighting back, except to save one's life, is never a good plan.
Kids don't need to be taught that the fist is how one settles disagreements, because our societies' laws do not permit public violence. We and the USA have laws in place to protect people from bullies, though sometimes people don't take advantage of those laws. Taking the law into your own hands will often turn bad.
You were bullied as a kid because they knew you wouldn't fight back. It's that simple. A bully never bothers anybody bigger than him/herself or anybody who has that wimpy, scared "look" because he doesn't want to take the chance he might get hurt. One thing I learned is that if you hurt them they go looking for easier prey. Sometimes a situation calls for violence, sometimes it doesn't. If a knife or a gun is involved and you are unarmed then you have to rely on your wits to survive. I've bluffed my way out of a couple of physical fights with bravado and had to reason with one woman who pulled a knife on me. "That" was a close one.

You are very naive if you think "bully law" will protect a kid from harm.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#566807 Nov 28, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It's illegal here too, boooots. I did say that my boss had a gun in his glove compartment because of his ex. I also wrote that he was slightly suicidal at the time, maybe for a week or so. But the pain he was in all faded away as soon as he got more pooh sea.
Sounds like a better choice than using the gun, although with some bosses, maybe not.:)

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#566808 Nov 28, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
But does God "exist," or does he just exist? It sounds pretty dull being a god.
There's nothing to discover, nothing to do, nowhere to go, no novelty, and no surprises.
Being perfect means you can never change or improve anything that is already perfect, since the perfect becomes imperfect with change.
And how about time? How slow does that pass when you already know everything?
And space. If you're ubiquitous, you can't even move.
And all those prayers. They never stop. God no, not the prayers!
I like my life better.
That whole bit, "created in God's image", could have been worded better.

I would have went with "created in God's imagination".

There, I fixed it.

Then when we turn it around, like we do with the original, it still works.

God was created in man's imagination.

Location hidden

#566809 Nov 28, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Karen is about the closest I can think of besides one on an American crime show.
http://m.holymoly.com/sites/default/files/ima...
Gee how could a woman that looks like that be nasty? I have been told over 100 times that I look like the actor James Woods, and he and I are close to the same age, although I don't always see the resemblance. I do like him though, as an actor. I even had a border guard tell me when crossing into the USA that I look like him, though I think I had to remind her of the name, as she knew who she was thinking of but had forgotten his name.

Location hidden

#566810 Nov 28, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Google, "Here's a fat woman jumping on a car".
Gee, I probably could have lived out the rest of my life without seeing that picture, but had it been the red head in the previous post then that is a whole different story.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#566811 Nov 28, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you believe it that way, while other Christians take the Bible literally? People had no choice hundreds of years ago. They didn't know about evolution, and the other sciences that disprove several Biblical claims.

I don't think that there's one single piece of science that has disproven anything in the Bible. If anything, science helps to further study & understand the Bible.
We've whittled the Bible down so much, and pointed out so many inconsistencies, that I think it's fair to say that the Bible does not present a single belief system. It presents several thousand.
I disagree. I don't think anyone has shown any actual inconsistencies in the Bible. Atheist websites take a literal something vs a literal something, compare the two, then claim that they're inconsistant when they're actually not. Atheists have been trying to break down the Bible of r long, long time. Of course, to no end.
The number keeps on growing. People remain attached to the grand idea, even though they've let go of a lot of the individual claims.
Like what?
There are probably a few sects of Christianity whose only supernatural beliefs pertain to God and Jesus. When they get rid of those, that's it. They won't be Christian anymore. They'll probably become new age deists. I've talked to a few. They just believe in "something" though they have no idea what that is.[QUOTE]

That is a Deist, they believe in "something" they know not what. That isn't a Christian.

[QUOTE] Have you considered Deism? It's easy to practice.
Redneck rarely takes the easy road, so no. I've never considered being a Deist. I'm a born again Christian & always will be.

Location hidden

#566812 Nov 28, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Here are two basic philosophies that I teach my kids. Neither are violent.
"Never, EVER, start a fight. Always be prepared to finish one."
"TAKE your turn OR WAIT your turn. It's your choice."
Yeah, I would be a hypocrite if I told my kid to just let a bully beat you until he wears out and then lay there quietly until he's gone. I've shown my daughter how to inflict maximum pain with minimum effort if she thinks she needs it to disable or get away from an attacker. She said she had to use it at school one time when an older boy tried to keep her from going in the back door at school after the bell had finished ringing. She said she could have sworn his feet left the ground after she kicked him in the nuts as hard as she could. He hasn't bothered her since. I suspect her actions probably kept her from being sexually assaulted.
I refuse to let some damned wussy teacher brainwash my kid into believing that she doesn't have the right to fight back. They tried that crap on my generation too and it enraged me to think some boy could pinch my boob and the teacher expected me to let "that" go! I had a teacher pull that on me one day, "___, I saw that!" when I elbowed the boy as hard as I could. I yelled back at her, "How convenient you didn't see him pinch me!" She let it go. She knew she couldn't win with me. I was always went righteous on her ass.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#566813 Nov 28, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>You were bullied as a kid because they knew you wouldn't fight back. It's that simple. A bully never bothers anybody bigger than him/herself or anybody who has that wimpy, scared "look" because he doesn't want to take the chance he might get hurt. One thing I learned is that if you hurt them they go looking for easier prey. Sometimes a situation calls for violence, sometimes it doesn't. If a knife or a gun is involved and you are unarmed then you have to rely on your wits to survive. I've bluffed my way out of a couple of physical fights with bravado and had to reason with one woman who pulled a knife on me. "That" was a close one.
You are very naive if you think "bully law" will protect a kid from harm.
So, women are raped because they didn't fight back either? Yeah, nice excuse.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#566814 Nov 28, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
boooots is like 140, so.....

Location hidden

#566815 Nov 28, 2012
Ack! I didn't edit enough out. Ignore the "was" in the last sentence.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#566816 Nov 28, 2012
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm:
http://youtu.be/XtFb_xem6k8
LMAO!!

That's one of the best Cheech & Chong moments everererer.

"Mexican Americans go to school, take Spanish and get a B......"

#566817 Nov 28, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Dang young whippersnappers!

Location hidden

#566818 Nov 28, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Is she new to you? Nano has zero redeeming qualities and brings nothing to the table. It's just all bile and invective. I promise you that you will never see an interesting idea or constructive opinion from her ever. She brings no information, no insight nor analysis, no humor, no wit, no charm, no bonhomie, and no personality whatsoever - just pinch-faced bitterness and clenched sphincter prudery wrapped in the personality of a cactus - unless she get shit-faced slutty and asks you to touch her "kitteh." That's the only time you'll enjoy her posting.
See if I'm wrong.
Sounds like sour grapes to me. Go suck a lemon if you love the bitter so much.

#566819 Nov 28, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee, I probably could have lived out the rest of my life without seeing that picture, but had it been the red head in the previous post then that is a whole different story.
Right?!!

Location hidden

#566820 Nov 28, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So, women are raped because they didn't fight back either? Yeah, nice excuse.
I didn't say that and you know it. I said "sometimes" violence is necessary.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#566821 Nov 28, 2012
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Dang young whippersnappers!
Pft, I don't feel young at all anymore. But I will once I move down to Mexico, I love the desert air, it's refreshing, and their food agrees with me better. Of course in some areas I'll have to stick to coffee, but then, I drink almost nothing but coffee anyway. Then I'll feel like a young whippersnapper again!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min New Age Spiritual... 650,118
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min RiversideRedneck 56,052
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 26 min WasteWater 2,312
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 28 min RiccardoFire 44,947
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 1 hr New Ideas 436
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr X Pendable 182,938
I LOVE "Swing out Sister" lead singer Corinne D... 2 hr Doctor REALTY 2
my cousin touches me when i am asleep and i kin... (Mar '14) Mon Jesus 47
More from around the web