Prove there's a god.

“O'si yo!”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#566632 Nov 28, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Okay- I'll respond to this post of yours, since my post telling you NOT to post to me again until and unless you admit you were wrong about Nano's post was posted after this post of yours.
No- I would NOT remove all religion from America or anywhere else for that matter.
I don't want ANY restrictions placed on those who believe in ANY god or ANY book of faith, other than the restriction that is LAW- our clear separation of church and state.
No- I would not like to see laws in place that forbid anyone from discussing ANY god or ANY book of faith.
Why do you ask such STUPID questions when not a single post of mine has ever even REMOTELY implied that I would want any of what you are asking to happen?
In the MEANTIME, per a prior post of mine to you- since you say HEAVEN is your home, why don't you DONATE where you reside (and you're not in heaven, dearie...) to someone who is HOMELESS?
why do i ask that? because if you don't want any restrictions placed on religious freedoms then why do you fight so hard to surpress it? Every time someone comes on topix with a view point based on biblical truth, atheists are always quick to use different tactics to 'silence' that voice.

I donate all the time where i live.
we have a food pantry in my home town and a needy clothes store to help the poor.
i contribute often to those.

and when i said heaven was my home, that means that when i leave this earth (death or rapture) heaven will be my perminate home.

the bible says we are to store up our treasures in heaven now
which is a spiritual walk.
heaven is my home.
that is where my heart and soul rests.
but i am sure you won't understand what that means.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#566633 Nov 28, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Funny how you think everybody else here wants to hear about every minor detail of your life from birth until eternity freezes over. Too bad voodoo dolls don't work because I would have already sewn your mouth shut and glued your hands to the bottoms of your feet.
I know nobody wants to hear my life story, and that is a compulsive habit of mine to veer off track and then get bogged down in relating things that are somewhat connected to something I said, and I feel I need to go on about that additional item. For that I apologize.

I need to learn better how to KISS.

However, I would like for me and everyone else here to stop personal attacks of all kinds (note I have offered UIF a flag of truce, which she accepted, and I hope we both honor it).

I assume that those posting regularly here are all mature adults, though we get the occasional person that puts in some nonsense post which could be some child, who should not be on this site.

Personally, having been here quite a long time, I would really like to know the real opinions of other posters, even those who I have determined may have no real opinions, because many post only personal attacks or links, or Bible quotes, none of which is expressing their personal views.

Frankly, I have not followed enough of your posts to come to any idea of what you stand for, as most of my time has been spent in debating/arguing/insulting our guests from Russell Springs, some of whom have spent more time and posted more on these sites than several of the others put together - thus they take a long time to read.

Regardless of what opinion you may have of me, I am a serious person, who takes any topic I spend my time on seriously, even if I disagree with others about the topic, as is the case with this thread.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#566634 Nov 28, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
You have the bigotry and English skills of a hateful idiot
what I like most about you,
is that you are christian

Location hidden

#566635 Nov 28, 2012
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a good attribute, not owned by any religion.
I think so, and it tends to keep the communication open rather than getting people's backs up, because they have been attacked.

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#566636 Nov 28, 2012
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>i thought it was white :)
Yo amigo.

We play quite a lot of rugby against the French, so we know their anthem and flag very well.

Also, proud to say we beat them more than they beat us!

#566637 Nov 28, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
lol, the French surrender flag, eh?
I say it's chicken shit yellow.
Remember that 200 years ago, they were the meanest military power on earth

Location hidden

#566638 Nov 28, 2012
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol! But I still think it would be a great movie to watch!
We all likely could write several movies of our lives, but perhaps they would bore others, since most people tend to see their own lives as more significant than others do.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#566639 Nov 28, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
Hi everyone.
I have some sad news to report.
Roadrunner, that used to post on this thread, apparently died during a minor surgery on Monday.
Those of us who knew her, would remember her for being a smart, intelligent and considerate poster. For those of you lucky enough to know her beyond Topix, you would know the bravery she has shown in face of the medical problems she had. She was a great lady.
RIP RR
I remember Roadrunner.

So sorry to hear this.

Please offer my condolences if you can.

#566640 Nov 28, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember Roadrunner.
So sorry to hear this.
Please offer my condolences if you can.
Will do, amigo

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#566641 Nov 28, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not believe your story, I think you modified it to demonstrate your manly prowess. I do think it "faithfully" depicts your morality, which is entirely self-serving.
You so accurately depict what is wrong with christian morals, that one should really thank you.
what is your address, I'll send you a hug
Oh no, you don't believe me.........

This is my caring face '_'

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#566642 Nov 28, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember that 200 years ago, they were the meanest military power on earth
I know. And there were pivotal in helping America fight the British.

I wonder what turned them to be so weak.....

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#566643 Nov 28, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I know. It's a relative opinion. But I think it's shared with the majority of people on the planet.
Well I share it! I don't want to see that - blach!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#566644 Nov 28, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Will do, amigo
That sucks. I didn't know Roadrunner, but I'll take your word on her. I know what the family is going through. My mother-in-law died the same way, the screw up of doctors and a minor surgery.

If you knew her, sorry for your loss, DF.

“O'si yo!”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#566646 Nov 28, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>BTW, you're responding to a post in which I FACTUALLY stated that the USA is NOT a Christian nation. It is also not a JEWISH nation. It is also not a MUSLIM nation. It is also not a BUDDHIST nation.
What the USA is is a SECULAR nation which means any and all have the Constitutional right to practice any religion they choose to and that we all also have the Constitutional right to not practice ANY religion.
RiversideRedneck is under the moronic and misguided notion that because the majority of Americans are Christian, that translates into the USA being a Christian nation.
That is convoluted logic at best, and IF that were the case- which it is NOT- that would also mean that because most Americans are white, that the USA is a WHITE nation.
What people like RR and you don't GET is that just because the majority of Americans are Christian no more makes the USA a Christian nation than it makes the USA a WHITE nation just because the majority of Americans are white.
If one asserts that the USA is a Christian nation- or a white nation- what does that say about those who are NOT Christian or who are not white?
Are they any less American than Christians or white people?
NO- not in the slightest. The USA is a nation comprised of people of ALL religions, NO religions, and ALL colors.
If one is BORN in the USA or becomes a citizen of the USA, they are ALL American- REGARDLESS of race, creed, color or RELIGION.
The USA does NOT have an official religion, it does not have an official race and it doesn't even have an official language.
Any and all who are Americans have the freedom and the LEGAL right to practice ANY religion they like, to practice NO religion at ALL, to have equal rights under the law regardless of their skin color and regardless of the language they speak.
You don't like it? Then leave. Go start a FASCIST THEOCRACY with the likes of RR where everyone is a carbon copy of everyone else.
why do you ignor what the founding fathers believed when they constructed the Constitution?
of course we have freedom OF and FROM religion.
our founding fathers wanted a nation of democracy and freedom.
freedom to believe in God and freedom not to.
but that doesn't mean that the founding fathers who WERE believers in God and the bible, and made it clear, that they wanted America to be a nation of moral anarcy and immoral laws.
If they had of wanted America to be 'secular' then the Holy bible would not of been a primary teaching took IN SCHOOLS up until the 60s

The Del or Indpendence was in 1776 that makes us approx 236 yrs old OCB.
in 1963 they stopped using the bible in schools to teach from.
so for approx 187 years America used the holy bible in its schools.
187 years verses the past 49 years.

what does that tell you? for 187 years the Holy bible and prayer was deemed as valuable and important in the schools.
and every other public venue.
its only been removed since 1963

Sodomy was ILLEGAL in America prior to 1961
Gay Marriage was ILLEGAL prior to May of 2004

so for 228 years homosexuality was not recognized in America as legal or morally acceptable.

what i am showing you is that for the MAJORITY of America's history the bible and God was used as a foundation of who we are.
America has only become 'secular' since the 1960s.
anyone can read our history and see the rich tapestry of the Christian and Jewish heritage woven through out it.

and FYI there were not always mosques in America either.

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#566647 Nov 28, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
Double Fine wrote:
Hi everyone.
I have some sad news to report.
Roadrunner, that used to post on this thread, apparently died during a minor surgery on Monday.
Those of us who knew her, would remember her for being a smart, intelligent and considerate poster. For those of you lucky enough to know her beyond Topix, you would know the bravery she has shown in face of the medical problems she had. She was a great lady.
RIP RR
How awful! I'm sorry to hear that, and wish her family well.

Location hidden

#566648 Nov 28, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>There wasn't much of choice. Out of all the asses on Capitol Hill, I would have preferred Boehner. At least he's normal compared to most of the rest of them.
BTW, I don't see you Topix freaks ragging on Obama for his insistence of claiming to be a theist. Gee, what do the radicals know that the normals don't?
Everybody loses with Obama in the Oval Office.
Frankly, that may be the opinion of some Americans, but likely the rest of the world breathed a collective sigh of relief that Obama won. It actually frightens some of us when a Republican gets in power, especially since the GW days. He was a disaster to America and the world.

That is not just my opinion, but you can find it online in many unrelated sites. Even Americans rate him as one of the worst Presidents you have had. Everything you have experienced that seems negative to you in recent years has a lot to do with what Bush, or his administration, did to the world.

Note: Though usually a liberal, my uncle was a rightwing provincial representative in government during about 5 or so terms, and when he was in there I was very much for his party, because I was very much for him.

His party did a lot of wrong things in our province either then or since, but he did a lot for his riding, which was where he and I were both raised.

For those who might criticize Canada, you might note that we have a right wing PM in our Federal government today, which is not a good thing, and we likely see our PM as being more a joke than anything else, but in Canada we do not need to deal with quite the world affecting policies that the Americans are faced with, and especially when you get a right winger in power.

I suspect, though, I do not actually pay all that much attention to Canadian politics, even our right wing parties are somewhat left of your Republicans.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#566649 Nov 28, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I share it! I don't want to see that - blach!
I'd guess that most people in "civilized" societies wouldn't wanna see or even hear their parents having sex.

blach, indeed!

#566650 Nov 28, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That sucks. I didn't know Roadrunner, but I'll take your word on her. I know what the family is going through. My mother-in-law died the same way, the screw up of doctors and a minor surgery.
If you knew her, sorry for your loss, DF.
Not very well, I must admit, but she was a good lady.

I must also clear the doctors - as far as I can understand, it was no fault of theirs.

Location hidden

#566651 Nov 28, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
1. I wouldn't say that many "primitive" cultures - you mean "low tech" btw - cover their genitals in hot jungles. Yes, they do in hot deserts, for obvious reasons, but in jungles, they use things like penis sheathes. Those serve different purposes than hiding the penis.
2. Jungles have a ton of ecto-parasites. Stop and imagine your genitals are uncovered in a hot, humid jungle and then consider that the only ecto-parasites you are intimately familiar with are called "mosquitoes." You aren't familiar with bot flies, screw worms, all manner of ticks, a variety of leaches, and a bunch of scarier ones that don't want to browse on your blood so much as burrow into you. There are wonderful reasons why nudists don't go hiking in remote jungles.
I would think, for a man, at least, that running through a dense jungle with his genitals exposed might find him trying to reattach them after some branch or thorn had caught them and tore then from his body. They are not conducive to being free in tight places, except the tight places they choose to be in.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#566652 Nov 28, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, in that case you're right. I am biased against bigots. I'm a bigot bigot.
of course i'm right. ALL bigotry is biased against opposite bigotries!

your welcome for the lesson: bigotry 101!

until/unless you can love your enemies with the love which only comes from above, you're stuck as a bigot like all humans are; i.e., you're no different cuz your only human:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate 27 min HipGnosis 1,984
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 42 min Grunt56 221,990
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 57 min -Stray Dog 6,456
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Epiphany2 612,903
White Lives MATTER 2 hr Poov 77
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr karl44 599,554
News Quiet Fight to Free American in China Jail (Nov '09) 3 hr Big Jim 55
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 4 hr sangili karuppan 7,494
More from around the web