RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#566644 Nov 28, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Will do, amigo
That sucks. I didn't know Roadrunner, but I'll take your word on her. I know what the family is going through. My mother-in-law died the same way, the screw up of doctors and a minor surgery.

If you knew her, sorry for your loss, DF.

“O'si yo!”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#566646 Nov 28, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>BTW, you're responding to a post in which I FACTUALLY stated that the USA is NOT a Christian nation. It is also not a JEWISH nation. It is also not a MUSLIM nation. It is also not a BUDDHIST nation.
What the USA is is a SECULAR nation which means any and all have the Constitutional right to practice any religion they choose to and that we all also have the Constitutional right to not practice ANY religion.
RiversideRedneck is under the moronic and misguided notion that because the majority of Americans are Christian, that translates into the USA being a Christian nation.
That is convoluted logic at best, and IF that were the case- which it is NOT- that would also mean that because most Americans are white, that the USA is a WHITE nation.
What people like RR and you don't GET is that just because the majority of Americans are Christian no more makes the USA a Christian nation than it makes the USA a WHITE nation just because the majority of Americans are white.
If one asserts that the USA is a Christian nation- or a white nation- what does that say about those who are NOT Christian or who are not white?
Are they any less American than Christians or white people?
NO- not in the slightest. The USA is a nation comprised of people of ALL religions, NO religions, and ALL colors.
If one is BORN in the USA or becomes a citizen of the USA, they are ALL American- REGARDLESS of race, creed, color or RELIGION.
The USA does NOT have an official religion, it does not have an official race and it doesn't even have an official language.
Any and all who are Americans have the freedom and the LEGAL right to practice ANY religion they like, to practice NO religion at ALL, to have equal rights under the law regardless of their skin color and regardless of the language they speak.
You don't like it? Then leave. Go start a FASCIST THEOCRACY with the likes of RR where everyone is a carbon copy of everyone else.
why do you ignor what the founding fathers believed when they constructed the Constitution?
of course we have freedom OF and FROM religion.
our founding fathers wanted a nation of democracy and freedom.
freedom to believe in God and freedom not to.
but that doesn't mean that the founding fathers who WERE believers in God and the bible, and made it clear, that they wanted America to be a nation of moral anarcy and immoral laws.
If they had of wanted America to be 'secular' then the Holy bible would not of been a primary teaching took IN SCHOOLS up until the 60s

The Del or Indpendence was in 1776 that makes us approx 236 yrs old OCB.
in 1963 they stopped using the bible in schools to teach from.
so for approx 187 years America used the holy bible in its schools.
187 years verses the past 49 years.

what does that tell you? for 187 years the Holy bible and prayer was deemed as valuable and important in the schools.
and every other public venue.
its only been removed since 1963

Sodomy was ILLEGAL in America prior to 1961
Gay Marriage was ILLEGAL prior to May of 2004

so for 228 years homosexuality was not recognized in America as legal or morally acceptable.

what i am showing you is that for the MAJORITY of America's history the bible and God was used as a foundation of who we are.
America has only become 'secular' since the 1960s.
anyone can read our history and see the rich tapestry of the Christian and Jewish heritage woven through out it.

and FYI there were not always mosques in America either.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#566647 Nov 28, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
Double Fine wrote:
Hi everyone.
I have some sad news to report.
Roadrunner, that used to post on this thread, apparently died during a minor surgery on Monday.
Those of us who knew her, would remember her for being a smart, intelligent and considerate poster. For those of you lucky enough to know her beyond Topix, you would know the bravery she has shown in face of the medical problems she had. She was a great lady.
RIP RR
How awful! I'm sorry to hear that, and wish her family well.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#566648 Nov 28, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>There wasn't much of choice. Out of all the asses on Capitol Hill, I would have preferred Boehner. At least he's normal compared to most of the rest of them.
BTW, I don't see you Topix freaks ragging on Obama for his insistence of claiming to be a theist. Gee, what do the radicals know that the normals don't?
Everybody loses with Obama in the Oval Office.
Frankly, that may be the opinion of some Americans, but likely the rest of the world breathed a collective sigh of relief that Obama won. It actually frightens some of us when a Republican gets in power, especially since the GW days. He was a disaster to America and the world.

That is not just my opinion, but you can find it online in many unrelated sites. Even Americans rate him as one of the worst Presidents you have had. Everything you have experienced that seems negative to you in recent years has a lot to do with what Bush, or his administration, did to the world.

Note: Though usually a liberal, my uncle was a rightwing provincial representative in government during about 5 or so terms, and when he was in there I was very much for his party, because I was very much for him.

His party did a lot of wrong things in our province either then or since, but he did a lot for his riding, which was where he and I were both raised.

For those who might criticize Canada, you might note that we have a right wing PM in our Federal government today, which is not a good thing, and we likely see our PM as being more a joke than anything else, but in Canada we do not need to deal with quite the world affecting policies that the Americans are faced with, and especially when you get a right winger in power.

I suspect, though, I do not actually pay all that much attention to Canadian politics, even our right wing parties are somewhat left of your Republicans.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#566649 Nov 28, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I share it! I don't want to see that - blach!
I'd guess that most people in "civilized" societies wouldn't wanna see or even hear their parents having sex.

blach, indeed!

“First it steals your mind..”

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#566650 Nov 28, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That sucks. I didn't know Roadrunner, but I'll take your word on her. I know what the family is going through. My mother-in-law died the same way, the screw up of doctors and a minor surgery.
If you knew her, sorry for your loss, DF.
Not very well, I must admit, but she was a good lady.

I must also clear the doctors - as far as I can understand, it was no fault of theirs.

Location hidden

#566651 Nov 28, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
1. I wouldn't say that many "primitive" cultures - you mean "low tech" btw - cover their genitals in hot jungles. Yes, they do in hot deserts, for obvious reasons, but in jungles, they use things like penis sheathes. Those serve different purposes than hiding the penis.
2. Jungles have a ton of ecto-parasites. Stop and imagine your genitals are uncovered in a hot, humid jungle and then consider that the only ecto-parasites you are intimately familiar with are called "mosquitoes." You aren't familiar with bot flies, screw worms, all manner of ticks, a variety of leaches, and a bunch of scarier ones that don't want to browse on your blood so much as burrow into you. There are wonderful reasons why nudists don't go hiking in remote jungles.
I would think, for a man, at least, that running through a dense jungle with his genitals exposed might find him trying to reattach them after some branch or thorn had caught them and tore then from his body. They are not conducive to being free in tight places, except the tight places they choose to be in.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#566652 Nov 28, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, in that case you're right. I am biased against bigots. I'm a bigot bigot.
of course i'm right. ALL bigotry is biased against opposite bigotries!

your welcome for the lesson: bigotry 101!

until/unless you can love your enemies with the love which only comes from above, you're stuck as a bigot like all humans are; i.e., you're no different cuz your only human:)

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

#566653 Nov 28, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>ROFFLMAO!!! RR won't die and UIF (Patty's) home is HEAVEN!
So not only should RR stand on that railroad crossing, UIF (Patty) should give her dwelling- be it house, apartment, double-wide trailer or hovel- to someone who does NOT claim their home is heaven.
Have you ever SEEN so much walking BULLSHIT???
and right is a prime example of why you can't be reasoned with.
anything someone says to you, you distort it and pervert it.

you don't care about learning anything, or respecting others rights to believe as they do.
RR said Christians don't die, and he was referring to SPIRITUALLY
he was talking about that when a Christian dies PHYSCIALLY they immediately go to be with God in heaven.
they are not going to face the second death that unbelievers will face.

when i said my home is in heaven, it is because i am a child of God.
you don't have to be dwelling someplace to have a home elsewhere.

but you can't help yourself can you? you must be disrespectful.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#566654 Nov 28, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did you get that I almost beat another human being to death?!?
You are the one who told us the story, so all of my info must have come from you. I think you mentioned busting a window with a chain, and pistol whipping. That kind of activity can be fatal. Certainly over-stated reaction to what he had done to you; granted people tend to place more value on their inanimate property than human life.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#566655 Nov 28, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
I would think, for a man, at least, that running through a dense jungle with his genitals exposed might find him trying to reattach them after some branch or thorn had caught them and tore then from his body. They are not conducive to being free in tight places, except the tight places they choose to be in.
Lol!

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

#566656 Nov 28, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Then you TELL IT TO THE SCHOOL!!! If the school does nothing, if the kid's parents do nothing, you call CHILD PROTECTIVE SERVICES.
And if after calling the school, they do nothing, you call the police AGAIN and you inform them of that.
And you go to the higher-ups in the school board.
You as a citizen do NOT have the LEGAL- or MORAL!- right to determine what "justice" is when you are talking about taking the LAW into your own hands.
And our laws and our courts back ME up on this, RR- not YOU.
are you seriously ridiculing RR for teaching his child to 'stand up for themself'?

If every child would stand up to bullies there would be no bullies.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#566657 Nov 28, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"Caucasian" does not denote a skin color OR a region where one come from.
No, but American denotes the nation that you live in, but tells us nothing about what human racial classification you are from. Yesterday I found and reported that recently all the old racial distinctions have been tossed out the window, by many, but when filling out various forms or surveys, I note that you are still asked to state which race you are from, based on the old names.

I am Canadian in citizenship and Nationality, British in background mainly, and Caucasian genetically.

Some stable somewhere

#566658 Nov 28, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd guess that most people in "civilized" societies wouldn't wanna see or even hear their parents having sex.
blach, indeed!
To be honest, RR, I'm all for understanding humans as human regardless of culture and society. But when I see people, full of parasites, living in the jungle, trying to cure the measles by having drugged up shamans rub demons out of them, solving their disputes by pounding each other's chests, I can't help but think they're repulsive and pathetic.
The thing is, they have as much evidence for their beliefs as any religion in any "civilized" nation. For example, they have an equally valid basis for genital mutilation as does any "civilized" religion, an equal claim to the power of their magic as do religious believers of the power of prayer.
I'm happy that the vast majority of "civilized" believers don't solve their disputes through violence. That certainly is a step up from those who do.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#566659 Nov 28, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
Thrust into the unknown with little more than fellow countrymen , can you call them wearing the same uniform your enemy?
Did you see Scaritual's post on Pat Tillman?
Aura Mytha wrote:
Now in fact your enemy could wear your uniform , but that is another story.
We were talking about fellow Americans who were also Christian and conservatives covering my back. Did you mean literally, as with gunfire? This isn't a very relevant metaphor. I'm not in a war situation.

I don't expect such people to stand by me. Do you think they will? Where were they when the right to assemble peaceably in protest of the government was being trampled upon in 2002-03? They were cheering the police on from their Toby Keith rallies.

Sorry, Aura, but (secular) faith has been been broken by a terrible betrayal, and that can't be undone.

But not to worry. It's all good. We retooled our lives and essentially disengaged them from the lives of those people. Our wagons are no longer hitched to their stars. Basically, we seceded from the union.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#566660 Nov 28, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Am I embarrassing you? You know, the problem with sticking your head in the sand is that your ass is always exposed.
can i attempt to make something clear?
i'm not against you, a person whom God loves & for whom Christ died.

however, i don't appreciate illlicit & destructive behavior cuz it's not good for anyone. if/when someone bonds with it; i.e. "look at me everyone, i practice homosexuality and i demand that you accept it as valid/moral or you're being the evil one!!!", i do my best to expose that as demonic, destructive and devisive behavior; nothing personal:)

Some stable somewhere

#566661 Nov 28, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Check out the Yanomami videos. Most of the old men walk around naked. A lot of them have drug-snot dripping down their noses.

I can't get my browser to work right now, sorry. Otherwise, I'd just post a direct link.

The ones with extended bellies have immune systems that don't fight parasites all that well.

Location hidden

#566662 Nov 28, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're alcohol & drug knowledge seems to parrot my own. Except that I've never done any drugs. I'm young still so the only prescriptions I've had are things like antibiotics & Tylenol...
I first went on meds for chronic problems in late 1990, in my mid 40s. I used to be amazed at how many meds people, especially grandparents, had to consume every day - now I am doing the same, though likely for different reasons.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#566663 Nov 28, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
We all likely could write several movies of our lives, but perhaps they would bore others, since most people tend to see their own lives as more significant than others do.
Oh I'm sure there are some here that would have most excellent tales to tell without embellishing anything.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#566664 Nov 28, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Too late. America actually exists. I've seen no proof that Sodom or Gomorrah ever did.
I'm not Japanese.
sorry, meant to say "go destroy china, cuz you can't have america!"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Faith 695,739
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 1 hr lightbeamrider 60,298
News US may never see another spiritual leader like ... 1 hr Doctor REALITY 2
Depressed girlfriend. Don’t know what to do 2 hr True Tamil Tiger 5
female,15,horny (May '15) 3 hr Actorman182 31
Do Albanian men like hispanic/latina women? (Aug '11) 4 hr Fooledthefool 98
dog sex... really? (Feb '14) 5 hr SJMazt 56
wierd situation with my mom. (Jul '14) Feb 19 Pimpy 23
More from around the web