<quoted text>
Well excuse me.....
The USA is *mostly* a Christian nation.
Better?
(you anal retentive weasel)
Ooh- goody!

"Evangelical leaders echo Obama, say U.S. not a Christian nation
July 31, 2012|By Mitchell Landsberg

President Obama has taken plenty of heat in conservative Christian circles for a remark he made in 2006 in which he said that that United States was no longer “just” a Christian nation, but was religiously diverse. Now, it turns out, he has allies for that view: evangelical Christian leaders.

In a statement issued Tuesday, the National Assn. of Evangelicals said that when it surveyed selected evangelical leaders about whether the United States was a Christian nation, 68% said no.

“Much of the world refers to America as a Christian nation, but most of our Christian leaders don’t think so,” said Leith Anderson, the association’s president.“The Bible only uses the word ‘Christian’ to describe people and not countries. Even those who say America is a Christian nation admit that there are lots of non-Christians and even anti-Christian beliefs and behaviors.”

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/jul/31/news/...

Sorry for your luck, RR.

Now- get the HELL out of our SECULAR nation which has NO official religion, NO official race, NO office creed, NO official color and.....NO official language.

Get OUT!!! You are undeserving and unworthy of the rights and freedoms afforded to those who truly ARE Americans and who truly ARE proud of this country- you can NOT logically be counted among them.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#566302 Nov 27, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>No- not better because AGAIN- you IDIOT!- the majority of people being Christian does NOT make this a CHRISTIAN nation, you DOLT!
I'm not anal retentive nor am I a weasel, but no doubt any day now you'll bring up for the UMPTEENTH time any number of issues which aptly demonstrate that not only are YOU anal-retentive, your head is up that stupid arse of yours.
And AGAIN- you are too much of a WEASEL to admit that your STUPID and sorry excuse for logic comes apart at the seams when you do not address that the USA is also not classified as a WHITE nation just because it is "mostly" white.
You are too much of an insecure egotist to admit that you are WRONG.
"5 Reasons America Is Not -- And Has Never Been -- a Christian Nation
The myth that America is a "Christian nation" is not only untrue, but promotes the pernicious idea that non-Christians are second-class citizens.
1. The Text of the Constitution Does Not Say the United States Is a Christian Nation
2. The Founders’ Political Beliefs Would Not Have Led Them to Support the Christian-Nation Idea
3. The Key Founders Were Not Conservative Christians and Likely Would Not Have Supported an Officially Christian Nation
4. Shortly After the Constitution Was Ratified, Conservative Ministers Attacked It Because It Lacked References to Christianity
5. During the Post-Civil War Period, a Band of Politically Powerful Pastors Tried Repeatedly to Amend the U.S. Constitution to Add References to Jesus Christ and Christianity
http://www.alternet.org/story/155985/5_reason...
"Is America a Christian nation, as many conservatives claim it is? One American doesn’t think so. In his press conference on April 6 in Turkey, President Obama explained:“One of the great strengths of the United States is … we have a very large Christian population — we do not consider ourselves a Christian nation or a Jewish nation or a Muslim nation. We consider ourselves a nation of citizens who are bound by ideals and a set of values.”
Predictably, Obama’s remarks have enraged conservative talking heads. But Obama’s observations have ample precedent in American diplomacy and constitutional thought. The most striking is the Treaty of Tripoli, ratified by the U.S. Senate in 1797. Article 11 states:“As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion; as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquility [sic], of Mussulmen [Muslims]; and, as the said States never have entered into any war, or act of hostility against any Mahometan nation, it is declared by the parties, that no pretext arising from religious opinions, shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries.”
Conservatives who claim that the U.S. is a “Christian nation” sometimes dismiss the Treaty of Tripoli because it was authored by the U.S. diplomat Joel Barlow, an Enlightenment freethinker. Well, then, how about the tenth president, John Tyler, in an 1843 letter:“The United States have adventured upon a great and noble experiment, which is believed to have been hazarded in the absence of all previous precedent — that of total separation of Church and State. No religious establishment by law exists among us. The conscience is left free from all restraint and each is permitted to worship his Maker after his own judgment. The offices of the Government are open alike to all."
http://www.salon.com/2009/04/14/christian_nat...
Yes, the government, the laws, are not Christian. But the nation is.

America was never meant to be theocratic or homogenous religiously, but Christianity has always been indelible to our social fabric.

The Founders, even non-Believers, considered that a blessing.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#566303 Nov 27, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>You're disgusting. I hope that should someday someone beats the crap out of you, they do so as GLEEFULLY as you did to someone else.
Hasn't happened yet. I suspect it never will.

I'm a good man that stands up for what's right. I don't sit down & let the bad guys walk over me. You should try it sometime.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#566304 Nov 27, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>And while religion has a large presence in this country, that does NOT make its CITIZENS Christian; therefore, we are NOT a Christian nation.
Don't worry, RR- your dismissive attitude toward any and all who are not Christian has been duly noted here.
I KNOW you think that those who are not Christian are not as "American" as YOU are and you can deny that all you like- your posts SCREAM that without you having to actually SAY that.
Exactly. I haven't said that. You inserted it to make yourself feel better.

You know why I haven't said that?

Because I don't think that.

Dumb ass.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#566305 Nov 27, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
How am I wrong?!
The FACT that 85% of America is religious is PROOF that 85% of America is bound by religious rules.
How'd your math skills?
Are you really this much of an IDIOT???

That they CHOOSE to be bound by religious rules does NOT translate into the USA being a CHRISTIAN nation!!!!

For the millions of JEWS in the USA- who, btw, many of which are MUCH more WILLINGLY bound to their religion and take the tenets of their religion MUCH more seriously than most Christians do- and certainly most on this thread- does that make the USA a JEWISH nation?

And YOU- HA!!! You're one of THE most piss-poor examples of what a TRUE Christian is anyway!!!

STFU already......while many here would not think it possible, you ARE making yourself look STUPIDER- or more stupid if you prefer- though BOTH are correct- than you already have.

You are a MORON with a THUG mentality who not only thinks that "might makes right" but who also thinks "majority rules" when talking about defining what a nation- and its PEOPLE- are or are not.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#566306 Nov 27, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, the government, the laws, are not Christian. But the nation is.
America was never meant to be theocratic or homogenous religiously, but Christianity has always been indelible to our social fabric.
The Founders, even non-Believers, considered that a blessing.
I'm DONE discussing this with you, RR- and what you consider to be Christianity is anything BUT a blessing.

Don't talk to me about this anymore. Not only do I know that the USA is NOT a Christian nation, 68% of the nation's evangelical leaders also know that.

So- THERE'S a MAJORITY for ya, RR- ROFLMAO!!!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#566307 Nov 27, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>You beat someone above and beyond any need to do so.
The same will NEVER happen to me; if my car was stolen, I would do the RIGHT thing and the MORAL thing- I would alert LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES.
You're a friggin' vigilante, RR.
Did you not read my story? Again?

I said the FIRST thing I did was call the cops & report it stolen.......

I didn't hunt the criminal down, he just showed up at the same 7-11 I was at. It was pure coincidence.

...and very bad timing on his part.

:)

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#566308 Nov 27, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>NO.
Weak liberal.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#566309 Nov 27, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, I was not aware of the French having gained that status, as I tend to not pay a lot of attention to things in the media involving France, as it is of minimal interest to me.
What color is the French flag?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#566310 Nov 27, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Ooh- goody!
"Evangelical leaders echo Obama, say U.S. not a Christian nation
July 31, 2012|By Mitchell Landsberg
President Obama has taken plenty of heat in conservative Christian circles for a remark he made in 2006 in which he said that that United States was no longer “just” a Christian nation, but was religiously diverse.
You dumb shit.

Didn't I just same the same thing?

I DID say that America is *mostly* Christian, did I not?

I also said that America ALSO has its Muslims, Jews, Buddhists AND atheists.

READ!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#566311 Nov 27, 2012
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
That's Christianity at work......*shrugs*.....
Correction - That was my humanity at work.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#566312 Nov 27, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>We get that your concept of "ignore" is on par with OCB's and ChristineB's. I dare you to ignore me and RR for 24 hours. It's not a long time, reasonable in length but we aren't dealing with a reasonable person. Reasonable people don't stalk other people for years online and offline. Why don't you show the rest of the world that pic you guys took of Patty's grave marker, you know, the one you guys pass among yourselves and drool over like starving dogs.
What? Would that be just a little too incriminating? You talk shyt about how awful bullying and stalking is when it's done to kids but you don't have any problem doing to some old lady and her elderly mom.
I took no pictures of Patty's grave nor did I stalk her in any other fashion. I once asked her about a couple's doctors in a Russell Springs hospital, which I had found on the hospital's website through a google search, and my reason for asking was to see if she would respond that she knew them which she did. However, at that time she was insisting that she did not live in Russell Springs but some distance away near Cumberland Lake. My question was to clarify whether or not she did live in and/or know people in Russells Springs, which she did confirm.

If I recall correctly, the grave marker photo was posted or linked to by some other poster, and yes, I did see the photo, and it did state what was claimed, but I had nothing to do with finding it, and it was not located and photographed, I think, by anyone from here, but was available on a site that has photos of grave sites where people can go to look up any particular grave site they might want to see.

How the poster found that site in the first place, I have no idea.

It might be important to understand that many of us who may have been posting to Patty are not on the same page. We have not collaborated to persecute, Patty, but each of us acts on our own, in most cases, IMO.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#566313 Nov 27, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Hasn't happened yet. I suspect it never will.
I'm a good man that stands up for what's right. I don't sit down & let the bad guys walk over me. You should try it sometime.
NO ONE walks over ME, RR- but unlike YOU, I actually KNOW the meaning of the words:

"They will beat their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning hooks" and I also know that does NOT only apply in reference to nation to nation, but in PERSON to PERSON.

You're NOT a good man. You break the law, you take the law into your own hands and you determine yourself to be jury, judge and executioner while having meted out punishment that did NOT fit the crime.

I never said anyone should let anyone walk over them- but what you did was WRONG and had you done the RIGHT thing and the MORAL thing- such as detaining the guy and calling law enforcement to deal with it- you would not have been walked over.

Your persecution complex speaks volumes about the wreckage of your emotional state of mind.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#566314 Nov 27, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you not read my story? Again?
I said the FIRST thing I did was call the cops & report it stolen.......
I didn't hunt the criminal down, he just showed up at the same 7-11 I was at. It was pure coincidence.
...and very bad timing on his part.
:)
Then when he showed up at 7-11, the RIGHT thing to do would have been to detain him, call the police and tell them you had him and then wait the very few minutes for the police to arrive.

You are a VIGILANTE.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#566315 Nov 27, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Are you really this much of an IDIOT???
That they CHOOSE to be bound by religious rules does NOT translate into the USA being a CHRISTIAN nation!!!!
No f_ckin shit they choose. I never said otherwise!

I've said COUNTLESS times that our laws - our government - is secular.

THE PEOPLE ARE NOT!!

At least 85% of us.......

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#566316 Nov 27, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You dumb shit.
Didn't I just same the same thing?
I DID say that America is *mostly* Christian, did I not?
I also said that America ALSO has its Muslims, Jews, Buddhists AND atheists.
READ!
YOU are the dumb shit because you keep insisting that the USA is a CHRISTIAN nation and then you try to WEASEL your way out of having said that a gazillion times!

America also has its........

You're an IDIOT.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#566317 Nov 27, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Which you might realize in hindsight was not the best course of action- to endure it in silence.
There is ALWAYS an authority figure children can turn to when such things happen and that need not be one's parents.
I guess I can understand why you were hesitant to report such incidents, but while it is only under VERY rare and exceptional circumstances that ANYONE should take the law into their own hands, children of ALL people should not let such acts of violence against them go unreported.
In the early to mid 50s in that rural school, and community, there was no authority figure that a little kid could go to besides the teacher and parents, and the teacher showed us early by punishing one little girl that tattled on the bullies, and truthfully did so, for lying because the bullies had denied it and the teacher and believed them.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#566318 Nov 27, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>I'm DONE discussing this with you, RR- and what you consider to be Christianity is anything BUT a blessing.
Don't talk to me about this anymore. Not only do I know that the USA is NOT a Christian nation, 68% of the nation's evangelical leaders also know that.
So- THERE'S a MAJORITY for ya, RR- ROFLMAO!!!
You have your opinions, OCB. I'll give ya that.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#566319 Nov 27, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. I haven't said that. You inserted it to make yourself feel better.
You know why I haven't said that?
Because I don't think that.
Dumb ass.
Yeah- you DO think that. And I'm willing to bet you also think the USA is a WHITE nation; you're just too much of a COWARD to admit that you think that.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#566321 Nov 27, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Weak liberal.
I'm not at ALL weak. The "punishment" you took it upon yourself to mete out was not only excessive, sadistic and unnecessary, you took the law into your own hands and broke the law as well.

That is hardly showing yourself to be an American who is respectful of our governing laws.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 28 min Tony17 590,366
sexy girl want to Skype fun Skype: dilinazi20 1 hr morgo 7
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Tony17 100,016
Pavani Group Reviews 1 hr Namrata 4
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr dollarsbill 4,477
St Clair County IL DCFS (Sep '14) 2 hr wronglyaccused3 2
4 word game (use same Letter) (Mar '13) 2 hr quilterqueen 1,425
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr who 271,353
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 18 hr swedenforever 176,949
More from around the web