Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#566121 Nov 26, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually there are three different terms for hell. Sheol, Hades, and Tartarus.
Hades is from the original Greek word Gehenna which is translated "hell" or "the fires of hell,
Facts are your enemy it would seem
You do understand how words are translated do you not?
I tend to agree with you, as when the issue first came to my attention on here a day or two ago, I looked it up and found the same information that you posted. The only possibility that might lead others to believe that hell didn't come around until a few years ago, is there is some discussion about what the meanings of those words are, as they have various meanings in their original language.

Personally I think they are quibbling over unimportant points when the real issue is whether or not there is proof of a god, which could be extended to mean if the Bible is fact or fiction If one sees a god as God of Abraham. So far the discussion here is leaning very heavily to the fact that there are no facts relating to God or the Bible.

Perhaps that is because a greater part of everyone's time is spent in fighting about each posters personal faults rather than discussing the topic.

Location hidden

#566122 Nov 26, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I usually laugh.
<quoted text>
Same sex marriage. As only gays will do it, it's a special right. Special just for gays.
Yes, you are correct, same sex marriage would be special only to gays. However it would not prohibit heterosexual people from choosing to marry someone of their own sex, if that was something they decided to do.

Freeing slaves really only was a special right for slaves too, so why should they have got that special right when they had not had it before? Perhaps the right of a human being to be treated fairly might enter into it. I suspect some slaves even made a spectacle of themselves and committed some antisocial acts in the fight for freedom, but does that mean they shouldn't have been freed?

Arguing against giving gays any rights that are not harmful to anyone is just being a bigot. It can't be explained rationally in any other way.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#566123 Nov 26, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Blacks beach.
I've been to Blacks beach it's a pain to get to the shore from the bluffs and after a harrowing climb down you can try to relax but......

Down the way in Corona there's Glen Eden Sun Club. That's way better.

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#566124 Nov 26, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm open to adaptation and improvisation.
I'm just open, just wide open, spreadin' out, not bashful, not me, just stretchin' out nude on the couch, enjoyin' myself bein' nude and watchin' COPS. Watcha gonna do...I love that show...I love watchin' it in the nude that is...tee hee hee. I got something smeared on my saxophone but that's okay, I'll just wipe it off with the corner of this pillow, already used that corner once earlier today...got a little crusty but that's okay...not gonna ruin my day, not a little crusty pillow corner...not this sexy ex president.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#566125 Nov 26, 2012
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. yes, I will ..
;-)

Location hidden

#566126 Nov 26, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Attending church is not necessary or important in being a Christian.
Giving money to a church is not necessary or important in being a Christian.
Why do you think a tenet of Christianity is attending church?
Let's let that one go, okay; you appear all the time to be less and less of a believer, and just here to get people upset, and you have picked a side and throw in anything and everything regardless of how ridiculous.

Though I do not advocate church attendance now, because I do not believe there is a God, for those who do believe, in order to maintain the faith, and pass it on to the next generations, which would be what I expect true Christians would want, then you have to participate in the body of the church. If everyone decided they could believe in God and stay to themselves, yes, that is okay for them, but the religion would die out very quickly (by all means keep preaching what you are, because that would be a good thing).

The church continues because, at least until recently, it has had a strong organization which keeps the information and passes it on. An organization which members never show up for meetings dies very quickly. God is not just going to be passed on by osmosis, or by walking past someone who happens to be a believer. It takes organization and a lot of hard work to keep something that has no basis in fact going, and that won't happen, if everyone thinks they can do it alone.

Location hidden

#566127 Nov 26, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Spinoza was incorrect ?
Spicoli was correct.

“Nothing can stop, This Pony..”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#566128 Nov 26, 2012
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been to Blacks beach it's a pain to get to the shore from the bluffs and after a harrowing climb down you can try to relax but......
Down the way in Corona there's Glen Eden Sun Club. That's way better.
I went there when I was 14 , on a accident. I got sceerd and ran all the way home ..lol

Location hidden

#566129 Nov 26, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I'm for real.
And believe me, there's a lot of people like me out there.
I do NOT persecute gays in any way. I'm simply posting my opinion here. I don't see why that's such a big damn deal. I don't have to like or accept anyone or anything. Just because you don't like it doesn't make me wrong.
For example, look at how much you shit talk Christians. You berate us & voice your opinion on how foolish you think we are AND how strange we are to you. Should you stop?
No.
That would negate your God given & America protected right to speak your mind freely. That's all I'm doing, speaking my mind.
Why us that so wrong?
The act of expressing your opinion is not wrong, but denigrating and discriminating against gays, because they have a different sexual orientation, is wrong, and that is what you are promoting.

Location hidden

#566130 Nov 26, 2012
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Great Q's Tam!
I've tried thinking of a "special right" that LGBT folks promote, but in honesty, I can't think of any.
Well, maybe one - the "T" folks - its get a little wishy-washy when you think about non-unisex restrooms.
;o)
But wouldn't that make public washrooms more like your own washroom at home, or do you have separate restrooms in your home too, for male and female? While I don't particularly want to watch women peeing and having bowel movements in a public place, it is really not an issue, except if one decides to make it one, because most people tend to want to have some privacy even within their own sex.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#566131 Nov 26, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Ooooh, don't you just love sean connery and his accent? Ooooh, hehehe.
He's got a nice one. If I had a sex drive, he'd certainly cause a raise in heart rate.

Location hidden

#566132 Nov 26, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm just open, just wide open, spreadin' out, not bashful, not me, just stretchin' out nude on the couch, enjoyin' myself bein' nude and watchin' COPS. Watcha gonna do...I love that show...I love watchin' it in the nude that is...tee hee hee. I got something smeared on my saxophone but that's okay, I'll just wipe it off with the corner of this pillow, already used that corner once earlier today...got a little crusty but that's okay...not gonna ruin my day, not a little crusty pillow corner...not this sexy ex president.
What ever you do, don't inhale.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#566133 Nov 26, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Kitten, can you accept that you are probably coming at this from being in a profession that works in the field of expertise that you are talking about, while I am just a person who does not believe in a god, does not like bullying, does not think parents should teach their kids to hit bullies, because violence doesn't cure violence?
My first wife's major at university to get her science degree, I think, was child and family studies, or something along that line, but mine wasn't, though my hobby since soon after graduating was to do with psychology, and I went through meany years of wanting to read about the current psychology of the times.
However, in replying to your comment in the previous to this post, about a professional without children often knows more about kids than do parents, yes that is true, and that is what my wife and I thought, and we had great plans for how we were going to raise our kids differently than we had been raised based on popular ideas of our time, but when the children came, reality took over and some of the ideals and plans got lost.
It is one thing to know the hows and whys, but to actually be with your own child 24/7, dealing with their various problems on a daily basis, plus having your own personal issues to deal with too, you often find out that theory and fact don't always mesh.
Disclaimer: That fact and theory comment does not apply when we are talking evolution.
The problem is when you are dealing with your own children, your decisions and actions are clouded by emotion, you lost objectivity and become emotionally attached to the situation as you are to the child. This causes errors in judgment, and distorts your perception of the situations.

My background is schooling in handling developmentally disabled children in an educational setting. I don't mention it much, mostly because it doesn't come up. Originally it was a class for an "easy credit" but turned into much more. I hate seeing people be bullies as much as I hate seeing them bullied, it hurts to see a child so messed up in the head to become a bully, because I know where the problem lies, it's the parents, it's always the parents. Some parents realize their mistakes and work to try to correct them when they find out their kids are bullies, but most don't care or they encourage the behavior instead of addressing their bad parenting. But it's always the parents.

Location hidden

#566134 Nov 26, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
He's got a nice one. If I had a sex drive, he'd certainly cause a raise in heart rate.
A rise in his heart rate probably wouldn't be good. I think he's over 80, Anna Nicole.
blundunt

Midlothian, IL

#566135 Nov 26, 2012
Apparently the good people that post here are too involved in their petty little squabbles to even take notice of my thoughtfull and refreshing post but-heere goes #2-The other version is that before and with no beginning or end GOD AM!Then he made all the spirit beings including Lucifer. Then sometime after his creation Lucifer seeks to be above and beyond GOD AM and makes war on GOD AM but is defeated and cast down to earth.(with all of "his" angels which it says in the book of Revelation is 1/3rd of the entire population of all angels.)GOD AM makes Earth and sooner or later puts or somehow makes it so humans eventually live there and take physical control of the whole planet. But in the meantime Man is seduced by Satan in the form of a serpent and loses spiritual control of Earth and Satan becomes our master.Now cut off from GOD AM and put in a finite position Man seems doomed BUT! The Son of GOD AM Jesus becomes a living breathing human from birth to death (33yrs) He becomes the sacrifice needed to re-attain our connection with GOD AM -He takes away all of our sins that we knowingly and unknowingly commit that would leave us locked out of GOD AMs Domain (Heaven) Jesus provides the way in a world gone bad through free will and ignorance our loving GOD AM has provided the way without giving in to Satan and thereby remaining without sin or untruth or any blemish.Truly the work and plan od our Father GOD AM is a wondwer to take in ! Read the bible to get a grip on the way it is Godless you all...
blundunt

Midlothian, IL

#566136 Nov 26, 2012
You know I meant God Bless...

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#566137 Nov 26, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You said Brian Cox was "dreamy". That sounds like a sex drive to me.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#566138 Nov 26, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
the diversity among people groups in the sense of foods, arts, cultures and appearances, of course, is a very beautiful thing and even nature proclaims this in all it's various splendors.
however, political correctness is the religion of the world which demands conformity and does not allow for my point of view.
true Christians stand-out as the 'specled birds' of society which will not bow the knee to conventional wisdom/PCism and that's why you have a problem with me:)
Nope.

You have an absolute right to believe anything you want.

Of course, the rest of us have an absolute right to think it's #ucking hilarious.

What's a "specled bird"?

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#566139 Nov 26, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>You said Brian Cox was "dreamy". That sounds like a sex drive to me.
You still exist? Wow, I lost a bet, oh well.

Dreamy is not sexual, unless you're a pervert.

Location hidden

#566140 Nov 26, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Nope.
You have an absolute right to believe anything you want.
Of course, the rest of us have an absolute right to think it's #ucking hilarious.
What's a "specled bird"?
Michael Jackson had one, I think.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Gods r Delusions ... 573,768
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 5 min Happy Lesbo 608,143
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 min onemale 268,823
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 35 min Liam 39,604
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... 37 min Doctor REALITY 7
Trump: Hillary, McCain were 'birthers' 50 min Caesar 2
If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr WasteWater 945
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 5 hr My name is Ashok ... 5,624
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 11 hr hehehe7385 17
More from around the web