So if someone attacks you and you do the RIGHT thing by telling law enforcement that means you are "tattling"??!!??Boooots wrote:
I was taught as a very young child to turn the other cheek, so when I was bullied I just let them do it.
You were raised to be a sissy?
No, he was raised to be a coward & to run away from a fight and go tattle.
Look, RR- by telling your kids it's okay to use physical violence you are taking the easy way out and the path of least resistance.
Consider the following:
1. Your son gets hit.
2. He calls you if not from a cell phone- since your kids don't have them- then from the phone in the school.
3. Your kid also informs his teacher and the principal and any other school authorities right after he is hit.
4. The school authorities then bring the kid in who hit your son.
5. The parents of the kid who hit your kid are called.
6. If the issue is not resolved with the school having been informed and the parents of the kid, you then call the police.
7. The police WILL DEFINITELY pay a visit to the home of the kid who hit your son.
8. The police would then read the kid the RIOT ACT and would inform him of the consequences of having hit your kid and will also warn the parents that such actions could land their son in juvenile hall and that he could be taken away from his parents.
9. The kid who did the hitting would then know what he did was not only wrong, but was very serious and that he actually committed a crime for which there could be very serious consequences.
I realize all of the above would take time, effort and action on YOUR part, but since you are obviously LAZY, it is MUCH easier for YOU to simply tell you kid to hit BACK.
So not only does what you're teaching your kids go against what your Jesus preached, it also goes against our man made governing laws.
Indeed it was wrong of the kid to hit your son; however, it is no less wrong that your son retaliated with the same physical violence.
If your son doesn't want to be hit, he should not be hitting others nor should be be taught that to do so is okay- it's NOT.