“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#566113 Nov 26, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Good grief.
Somebody check me on this - I think that's every single Fundie logic flaw in just one post!
Spinoza was incorrect ?

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#566114 Nov 26, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Why??? That's crazy! You think someone else's nudity hurts your child???
That's insane. What do you think is going to happen to the child? Do you think s/he will explode? Suddenly become a Muslim? I mean, get real.
The OT prophet Isaiah walked the streets of Jerusalem nude for three years. Seems that proves he was "evil". So why do they believe such a perv ?

<smile>

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#566115 Nov 26, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
The norm.
I'm not a plumber. Females go inside females too. Males go inside males. We just use different tools.
All gays know each other, right?
There are so many adapters out there. You can do just about anything.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#566116 Nov 26, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
True, when it comes to some punk bully at a school I really don't think about (or care) his feelings or psychological problems. All I think about is MY sons upbringing and well being.
Having had both a wife and and daughter who worked in what you call Children's Services, I would think that if wind got to them of a father who sent his kid to school with instructions to break a kid's nose if bullied, the father, or family, would be getting a visit from Children's Services. In a free society with laws and laws against violence, teaching a child that a violent act should be treated with another violent act, as opposed to getting the proper authorities to act on laws that are in place, especially today to deal with such situations is bad parenting, and has the potential of creating a violent adult in your child.

Location hidden

#566117 Nov 26, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
Edit Tide:
I realized I didn't finish my though on priests. The point is that if anything because pedophiles would seek out a church to hide in plain sight and have opportunities to abuse, it is surprising to me the numbers are not a lot higher. But we do have to balance it with what has been covered up. However at the same time this is charged, not convicted so it is pretty inclusive. Whether the percentage points might dip or be a little higher the bottom line is basically it is the same percentage as the population as a whole. Someone is a pedophile long before coming a priest. Just like they are a pedophile long before coming a teacher, who are at the highest rate of abuse.
For every scumbag molester priest, there are thousands who live good lives or try to at least as hard as most. The reason there is such a generalization about priests is because it is a big news item, especially because of the coverups. As it should be. But if someone picks up a paper and read a priest molested a kid 3-4 times in their entire life it is still human nature to think, man what is going on over there even though even more kids are being molested by teachers and psychiatrists and in the general population as a whole.
Being a priest does not make someone any more likely to be a pedophile. The systematic cover-ups unfortunately have led to a climate of abuse. A safer haven for pedophiles if you will but they were pedophiles before they got there. And if they weren't abusing there they would simply be trying to be abusing kids elsewhere.
(T) Peace
While this is maybe being ironed out lately, there were a huge number of cases of priests abusing a child, and rather than do anything about the priest the people above him just moved him to a different place sometimes a long way from the first. We had a case in a city near here where a priest was caught molesting children so they sent him to a western province. One of his former congregation just happened to be visiting in that same area at some later time and recognized him, and reported him to the authorities as the church had placed him right back into a situation where he could abuse more children. From the little I have paid attention to the stories of RC priests, because RC is not my bag nor is celibacy in the clergy something I think is right, it seems that a lot of situations were handled that way.

I heard the story because it was my former partner' family's church where he was working in this area.

I think that pedophiles going into the ministry might be part of it, but likely the main thing is the completely insane idea of putting a perfectly healthy sexual being into a job where he is not permitted to recognize his sexuality at all, and after being there for a while he realizes the sexual urge is too great and he then picks easy targets rather than trying to seduce some parishioner's wife. The actual work of being a priest is rather not something that your common ordinary criminal minded person would choose if his main goal was to molest kids, IMO.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#566118 Nov 26, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
There are so many adapters out there. You can do just about anything.
I'm open to adaptation and improvisation.

Location hidden

#566119 Nov 26, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You think I'm a bad parent because I teach my sons to stand up for themselves? lol
If that rock had been one inch lower, it would've likely broken my sons nose. If it had been three inches lower, it might've popped a few of his teeth. Do you think the bully cared? Nope, he threw the rock at my sons face intentionally.
I was threatened with a lawsuit. I was contacted by CPS. But nothing ever came if it, except that the bully stopped bullying and he & my sin became pretty good friends. After that incident, all of a sudden the bullies friends became my sons friends. What do ya know.....
You got lucky because I think you should have been put on watch by Children's Services and your son should have received professional counseling about what is appropriate and what isn't appropriate behavior. Yes, what the other kids did was wrong and he needed to have that dealt with, but not by your son doing the very same thing as he did, or could have done, but worse. If it worked in that case then that would be an exception, but it could have gone several other very nasty and wrong ways because of what you taught your kid.

If I still had a child in school (of course I have 6 grandkids that are either in school or soon will be), I would be quite worried if I knew that some of the parents were telling their kid to pick up a rock and throw it at a bully, or even try to punch his lights out if they get bullied. Yes, tell them if they fear they will be harmed badly, or even killed, to try to get help or defend themselves if they have no choice, but never strike back as the first response.

Your situation was not dealt with appropriately and people should have lost their jobs over how it was handled.

In terms of looking at it from the perspective of the people being adults, what you are advising your kid would be the same as if some idiot does something dangerous or impolite against you while you are driving down the highway you should teach him a lesson by chasing him and running his car off the road and possibly killing him, so next time he will know better. Perhaps it is because of your mentality that road rage is such a big problem, and I understand it is worse in the USA that in Canada.

I am not suggesting that you personally do that, but using it as a metaphor.

Location hidden

#566120 Nov 26, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Unlikely. Most bullies only have a few friends, not usually more than one or two. And they're not BFF's or anything. They hang with the bully because they themselves are weak. They look up to the bully. But as soon as the bully gets bullied... That's all she wrote.
<quoted text>
Oh! You've convinced me! I'm gonna run right out & tell my kids to just go ahead and get beat up. Don't fight back. Do nothing but inform the authorities. Basically, be French....
Sorry the 'be French' went right over my head, and I didn't advise what you claimed I did. I said do not advise your son to return violence with violence except if that is his only avenue of escape. In your son's case he could have run away and told someone, but he potentially escalated the situation by breaking the other kids nose with a rock. If some adult had come on the scene just at he moment your son hit the other kid it would be interpreted that he was the aggressor and I think a broken nose would be stronger evidence for that then broken glasses, though what the bully did was 100% wrong.

What if the other kid still had some fight left in him after getting a broken nose, and picked up the same rock again and bashed your kids skull in to the point he was brain damaged for life or worse? As I said you got lucky in that situation, but it sounds too much like the old west movies, which I loved, where anytime anyone bullied you you called them out into the street and killed them in a gunfight.

I realize that violence is part of the American mentality, as your country has been in violent situations pretty well every generation since 1776, but has that really been a good thing?

Location hidden

#566121 Nov 26, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually there are three different terms for hell. Sheol, Hades, and Tartarus.
Hades is from the original Greek word Gehenna which is translated "hell" or "the fires of hell,
Facts are your enemy it would seem
You do understand how words are translated do you not?
I tend to agree with you, as when the issue first came to my attention on here a day or two ago, I looked it up and found the same information that you posted. The only possibility that might lead others to believe that hell didn't come around until a few years ago, is there is some discussion about what the meanings of those words are, as they have various meanings in their original language.

Personally I think they are quibbling over unimportant points when the real issue is whether or not there is proof of a god, which could be extended to mean if the Bible is fact or fiction If one sees a god as God of Abraham. So far the discussion here is leaning very heavily to the fact that there are no facts relating to God or the Bible.

Perhaps that is because a greater part of everyone's time is spent in fighting about each posters personal faults rather than discussing the topic.

Location hidden

#566122 Nov 26, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I usually laugh.
<quoted text>
Same sex marriage. As only gays will do it, it's a special right. Special just for gays.
Yes, you are correct, same sex marriage would be special only to gays. However it would not prohibit heterosexual people from choosing to marry someone of their own sex, if that was something they decided to do.

Freeing slaves really only was a special right for slaves too, so why should they have got that special right when they had not had it before? Perhaps the right of a human being to be treated fairly might enter into it. I suspect some slaves even made a spectacle of themselves and committed some antisocial acts in the fight for freedom, but does that mean they shouldn't have been freed?

Arguing against giving gays any rights that are not harmful to anyone is just being a bigot. It can't be explained rationally in any other way.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#566123 Nov 26, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Blacks beach.
I've been to Blacks beach it's a pain to get to the shore from the bluffs and after a harrowing climb down you can try to relax but......

Down the way in Corona there's Glen Eden Sun Club. That's way better.

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#566124 Nov 26, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm open to adaptation and improvisation.
I'm just open, just wide open, spreadin' out, not bashful, not me, just stretchin' out nude on the couch, enjoyin' myself bein' nude and watchin' COPS. Watcha gonna do...I love that show...I love watchin' it in the nude that is...tee hee hee. I got something smeared on my saxophone but that's okay, I'll just wipe it off with the corner of this pillow, already used that corner once earlier today...got a little crusty but that's okay...not gonna ruin my day, not a little crusty pillow corner...not this sexy ex president.

Location hidden

#566125 Nov 26, 2012
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. yes, I will ..
;-)

Location hidden

#566126 Nov 26, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Attending church is not necessary or important in being a Christian.
Giving money to a church is not necessary or important in being a Christian.
Why do you think a tenet of Christianity is attending church?
Let's let that one go, okay; you appear all the time to be less and less of a believer, and just here to get people upset, and you have picked a side and throw in anything and everything regardless of how ridiculous.

Though I do not advocate church attendance now, because I do not believe there is a God, for those who do believe, in order to maintain the faith, and pass it on to the next generations, which would be what I expect true Christians would want, then you have to participate in the body of the church. If everyone decided they could believe in God and stay to themselves, yes, that is okay for them, but the religion would die out very quickly (by all means keep preaching what you are, because that would be a good thing).

The church continues because, at least until recently, it has had a strong organization which keeps the information and passes it on. An organization which members never show up for meetings dies very quickly. God is not just going to be passed on by osmosis, or by walking past someone who happens to be a believer. It takes organization and a lot of hard work to keep something that has no basis in fact going, and that won't happen, if everyone thinks they can do it alone.

Location hidden

#566127 Nov 26, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Spinoza was incorrect ?
Spicoli was correct.

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#566128 Nov 26, 2012
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been to Blacks beach it's a pain to get to the shore from the bluffs and after a harrowing climb down you can try to relax but......
Down the way in Corona there's Glen Eden Sun Club. That's way better.
I went there when I was 14 , on a accident. I got sceerd and ran all the way home ..lol

Location hidden

#566129 Nov 26, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I'm for real.
And believe me, there's a lot of people like me out there.
I do NOT persecute gays in any way. I'm simply posting my opinion here. I don't see why that's such a big damn deal. I don't have to like or accept anyone or anything. Just because you don't like it doesn't make me wrong.
For example, look at how much you shit talk Christians. You berate us & voice your opinion on how foolish you think we are AND how strange we are to you. Should you stop?
No.
That would negate your God given & America protected right to speak your mind freely. That's all I'm doing, speaking my mind.
Why us that so wrong?
The act of expressing your opinion is not wrong, but denigrating and discriminating against gays, because they have a different sexual orientation, is wrong, and that is what you are promoting.

Location hidden

#566130 Nov 26, 2012
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Great Q's Tam!
I've tried thinking of a "special right" that LGBT folks promote, but in honesty, I can't think of any.
Well, maybe one - the "T" folks - its get a little wishy-washy when you think about non-unisex restrooms.
;o)
But wouldn't that make public washrooms more like your own washroom at home, or do you have separate restrooms in your home too, for male and female? While I don't particularly want to watch women peeing and having bowel movements in a public place, it is really not an issue, except if one decides to make it one, because most people tend to want to have some privacy even within their own sex.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#566131 Nov 26, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Ooooh, don't you just love sean connery and his accent? Ooooh, hehehe.
He's got a nice one. If I had a sex drive, he'd certainly cause a raise in heart rate.

Location hidden

#566132 Nov 26, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm just open, just wide open, spreadin' out, not bashful, not me, just stretchin' out nude on the couch, enjoyin' myself bein' nude and watchin' COPS. Watcha gonna do...I love that show...I love watchin' it in the nude that is...tee hee hee. I got something smeared on my saxophone but that's okay, I'll just wipe it off with the corner of this pillow, already used that corner once earlier today...got a little crusty but that's okay...not gonna ruin my day, not a little crusty pillow corner...not this sexy ex president.
What ever you do, don't inhale.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 5 min Black Thunder 611,866
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 8 min RiccardoFire 3,530
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 26 min oxbow 584,333
I protect pedo priests 27 min Tony Abbott 1
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 48 min His Eminency dr S... 40,153
Why are Mexicans trash? (Apr '10) 51 min Candy2428 91
This ~ or ~ That? (game) (Dec '12) 58 min andet1987 1,800
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Jac 98,990
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 3 hr HipGnosis 442,875
More from around the web