OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#565853 Nov 26, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Not entirely accurate, it has not really increased, much like how we now see more cases of Asperger's in children, we are just more aware of it and the damage it causes. The targets have also shifted, based on what the teachers are willing to defend. Bullies find the most exposed and weakest of their numbers to bully, weak includes how much protection the target can get from the authority figures. The bully learns that behavior from their parents.
Kitten, it HAS increased and cyber bullying is on the rise more than any other form of bullying. In addition, unlike when I was in school, kids who are gay are now openly revealing that which is increasing bullying.

Also, I think how much more materialistic we've become as a society also has led to an increase of children being bullied by other children.

If a kid doesn't have a cell phone, or the newest cell phone available, or an iPod or an iPad, etc. they become prime targets to be bullied.

I'm not saying bullying hasn't always existed; it has, but it has also gotten worse in recent years.

"Bullying is becoming more and more frequent among today's youth in locations like school and online, according to recent bullying statistics. There are different types of bullying of which bullying statistics reveal almost half of all students have experienced.

Unfortunately, recent bullying statistics show that bullying is on the rise among young adults, teens and children. The rise in these bullying statistics is likely due to a fairly recent form of bullying seen in recent years called cyber bullying. This type of bullying has gotten immense media attention over the past few years sighting instances of cyber bullying pushed too far, and in many cases leading to cases of teen suicide or death. Many bullying statistics and studies have found that physical assaults have been replaced with constant cyber assaults in the form of bashing, rumors and other hazing content targeted at a single student or group of students.

As these bullying statistics indicate, bullying is just getting worse in American schools. Many studies have shown that increasing domestic violence at home are leading to an increase in bullying online and at school."

http://www.bullyingstatistics.org/content/bul...

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#565854 Nov 26, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>I disagree regarding the Treaty of Tripoli.
It was not a lie; it was an affirmation, a confirmation and perhaps a reminder as well as to what this country was founded upon and what this country was NOT founded upon was Christianity or any other religion.
I did not say it was a lie, it's just that treaty language means little to us, it's meant to form bonds not to define those involved. When I state I am German, is that a lie because I was born in the USA?

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#565855 Nov 26, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>How long ago was that? Bullying today has reached epidemic proportions and in large part due to the internet.
When I was in school- that was from about 1960 until I graduated from high school in 1971, bullying was indeed the exception to the rule.
Different geographic locations experience different levels of bullying, just like different historical periods do.

It's a good thing that awareness is being raised now.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#565856 Nov 26, 2012
Al Garcia wrote:
My apologies Hiding if I seem a bit on edge. The coffee has not hit my nervous system yet and I tend to be cranky until it does.
No worries.

Someone get this man an IV!!!

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#565857 Nov 26, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh, no kidding Nano. No one was saying that people's genitals should be in your child's face. Really, if you have to leap to exaggeration, you don't have a point.
You were claiming that nudists are disrespectful to children and apparently your argument rests on the strange assumption that nudists want their genitals in your child's face.
Yes, children need to be looked after. Yes, their voices should be heard. What grosses children out? I don't know. I'm staying in Hong Kong right now with children who find pooh really funny and try to rub snot on people. No, I don't want to rip off my pants and drag their faces into my genitals. That's pretty twisted for you to think that, Nano. I also don't want them to be ashamed of their bodies, but I'd very much like them to be ashamed to wipe their snot on other people at this point.
I'm also not going to run around naked in front of them - I really, really don't want to. Nothing about public nakedness interests me. I simply find it disturbing the level of discussion here - you, claiming that nudists are about putting their genitals in kids faces, others wanting to send nudists to the Emergency Room at the hospital, and others claiming genitals are disgusting.
The tone of your earlier post suggested that you thought everyone should run around naked in public. Considering how many people there are in the world that means that most children would have a considerable amount of crotches invading their personal space, from walking in the mall to standing in line at the checkout at every store they enter. I never mentioned nudists, as in nudist camps, jackass. I'm not the one here who brought up the subject of public nudity. Can the self righteous bs.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#565858 Nov 26, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not say it was a lie, it's just that treaty language means little to us, it's meant to form bonds not to define those involved. When I state I am German, is that a lie because I was born in the USA?
Point is, the Treaty was NOT lip service. I don't see that you are of German heritage having anything to do with the purpose of the Treaty of Tripoli. And the Treaty most certainly was meant to define those involved; those being the people and government of the USA not having been founded as a Christian nation.

Is it a lie that you state you were German despite having been born in the USA?

I wouldn't classify that as a lie, but those who are born in the USA are automatically citizens of the USA and therefore, their nationality is American.

I've gone around and around on this with RR- I maintain that because our ancestors all come from someplace else, there is no such thing as a 100% American, but I would still say because you were born here, you are an American with German heritage and ancestry.

When asked my nationality, I always say "American" because despite my ancestry having its roots in Europe and Russia, I was born here.

So I would no more deny that by birthright, I AM an American any more than I would deny my heritage or ancestry.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#565859 Nov 26, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Different geographic locations experience different levels of bullying, just like different historical periods do.
And the reason that awareness is being raised NOW is due to the dramatic increase in bullying- with much of that due to the internet.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#565860 Nov 26, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I also meant to add that adults bullying adults has increased dramatically and also due to the internet....

I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that I would NEVER say to someone's face much of what I say to people on this thread just as I am sure that most others on this thread would NEVER say to someone's face what they say here.

The anonymity of the internet makes for the perfect recipe for people to bully others and definitely when it comes to kids.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#565861 Nov 26, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>The tone of your earlier post suggested that you thought everyone should run around naked in public. Considering how many people there are in the world that means that most children would have a considerable amount of crotches invading their personal space, from walking in the mall to standing in line at the checkout at every store they enter. I never mentioned nudists, as in nudist camps, jackass. I'm not the one here who brought up the subject of public nudity. Can the self righteous bs.
Either you didn't read my posts on the subject - I quite clearly wrote that I didn't want to see naked men in public - or you have active projection issues going on.

But you like to exaggerate other people's points, as you do above, so perhaps that's where your confusion arises.

Probably a bit of all three. If you had bothered to read them, you'd have understood I was discussing a recent bylaw change by San Francisco and why they did it, not advocating enforced public nudity everywhere, as you stupidly claim.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#565862 Nov 26, 2012
OCB wrote:
And the reason that awareness is being raised NOW is due to the dramatic increase in bullying- with much of that due to the internet.
Well, that's good then. Thanks, Internet! It only sucks that it has taken this long.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#565864 Nov 26, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, that's good then. Thanks, Internet! It only sucks that it has taken this long.
A lot of good changes in society have occurred since the advent of the world wide internet it's amazing even to me. Though several other technophiles and I predicted as much, it's still amazing. Like suddenly we know what's really happening everywhere and people are using that knowledge to correct mistakes, most times. Look at the violent crime rates in the US from just before the world wide web to present, it's elating to know we gave the next generation the best tool for fixing our mistakes.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#565865 Nov 26, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
But it's a double edged sword.

The internet has served to be the perfect venue for bullying to increase.

If there was no internet, while bullying would still exist, it would not be as rampant as it is now.

Also, I don't know about you as I don't know when you were in school, but when I was, there was really no such thing as even the biggest bullies and the most violent of kids bringing guns or any other weapons to school, no need for metal detectors or kid's belongings being looked through, etc.

The times have changed with much of that change NOT being for the good.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#565867 Nov 26, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>The tone of your earlier post suggested that you thought everyone should run around naked in public. Considering how many people there are in the world that means that most children would have a considerable amount of crotches invading their personal space, from walking in the mall to standing in line at the checkout at every store they enter. I never mentioned nudists, as in nudist camps, jackass. I'm not the one here who brought up the subject of public nudity. Can the self righteous bs.
What makes you think if everyone was running around naked, it would affect kids SO much more than adults?

If anything, the reverse is true, since kids- little ones, anyway- see nothing wrong with nudity and many little kids LOVE running around naked.

No- what it would mean is that most PEOPLE would have a considerable amount of crotches invading their personal space, with that being found offensive by more ADULTS than children. Children probably wouldn't find it offensive at all as children are not born with a sense of shame or modesty about their bodies- that is learned behavior.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#565868 Nov 26, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Kitten, it HAS increased and cyber bullying is on the rise more than any other form of bullying. In addition, unlike when I was in school, kids who are gay are now openly revealing that which is increasing bullying.
Also, I think how much more materialistic we've become as a society also has led to an increase of children being bullied by other children.
If a kid doesn't have a cell phone, or the newest cell phone available, or an iPod or an iPad, etc. they become prime targets to be bullied.
I'm not saying bullying hasn't always existed; it has, but it has also gotten worse in recent years.
"Bullying is becoming more and more frequent among today's youth in locations like school and online, according to recent bullying statistics. There are different types of bullying of which bullying statistics reveal almost half of all students have experienced.
Unfortunately, recent bullying statistics show that bullying is on the rise among young adults, teens and children. The rise in these bullying statistics is likely due to a fairly recent form of bullying seen in recent years called cyber bullying. This type of bullying has gotten immense media attention over the past few years sighting instances of cyber bullying pushed too far, and in many cases leading to cases of teen suicide or death. Many bullying statistics and studies have found that physical assaults have been replaced with constant cyber assaults in the form of bashing, rumors and other hazing content targeted at a single student or group of students.
As these bullying statistics indicate, bullying is just getting worse in American schools. Many studies have shown that increasing domestic violence at home are leading to an increase in bullying online and at school."
http://www.bullyingstatistics.org/content/bul...
You are losing perspective in this issue. Better reporting will of course increase the statistics. You do realize that about 10% of the videos uploaded to YouTube and other sites include bullying that was never reported until the video was noticed. I mean a few months ago we saw justice for an elderly lady because it was the whole bus bullying her, so no one reported it, and she didn't hear most of it. But the students uploaded the videos, and were disciplined because we saw it and reported it, if not for the videos it would never have been noticed, it would not have even been a statistic. When you increase the awareness of something, statistics will also always, in all cases, spike. That is why statistics are not entirely reliable.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#565869 Nov 26, 2012
OCB wrote:
Of course everyone knows a nation is people and not government.....the POINT is that the laws which govern the people are SECULAR because the nation is SECULAR with NO official religion.
See? You don't understand the difference between "government" & "people".

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#565871 Nov 26, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>But it's a double edged sword.
The internet has served to be the perfect venue for bullying to increase.
If there was no internet, while bullying would still exist, it would not be as rampant as it is now.
Also, I don't know about you as I don't know when you were in school, but when I was, there was really no such thing as even the biggest bullies and the most violent of kids bringing guns or any other weapons to school, no need for metal detectors or kid's belongings being looked through, etc.
The times have changed with much of that change NOT being for the good.
Okay, I'm going to try to be nice because you are spouting the same nonsense Killary used to try to ban video games.

When something is more easy to detect, it will always seem like it increases, because when it was happening before you never knew it, it was still happening, it was still there, just no one knew it was there. The internet strips the masks away, the polite "how do you do" on the street is a mask. So we see the real person, we see the person that was suppressed because of "social norms" and other such crap. But, they were always like that. Now we can find these people, address their problems, and fix the situation that we didn't know existed until the information was made available for all to see. It has always been there, you just didn't see it, no one did except the victims, and society has a bad habit of painting victims as being the ones in the wrong.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#565872 Nov 26, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>What makes you think if everyone was running around naked, it would affect kids SO much more than adults?
If anything, the reverse is true, since kids- little ones, anyway- see nothing wrong with nudity and many little kids LOVE running around naked.
No- what it would mean is that most PEOPLE would have a considerable amount of crotches invading their personal space, with that being found offensive by more ADULTS than children. Children probably wouldn't find it offensive at all as children are not born with a sense of shame or modesty about their bodies- that is learned behavior.
Children also do not equate nudity with sex like so many adults do. We need to destroy the taboo more than anything, though I won't give up my clothes, I like clothing.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#565873 Nov 26, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
See? You don't understand the difference between "government" & "people".
I most certainly do understand the difference. What YOU do not understand is that what the majority of people are- be it Christian, white and/or English speaking does NOT make the nation itself Christian, white or only English speaking.

Not gonna go around and around on this with you anymore, RR- The USA is a secular nation where any and all PEOPLE have the Constitutional right to practice any religion they want or no religion at all.

You are stuck in your sophomoric "majority rules" mindset, which does not apply when the issue is religion, race or what language is spoken.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#565874 Nov 26, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
When I state I am German, is that a lie because I was born in the USA?
Maybe not a lie, but it's incorrect.

If you're born in America, you're American.

If you're born in Germany, you're German.

Pretty simple.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#565875 Nov 26, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, I'm going to try to be nice because you are spouting the same nonsense Killary used to try to ban video games.
When something is more easy to detect, it will always seem like it increases, because when it was happening before you never knew it, it was still happening, it was still there, just no one knew it was there. The internet strips the masks away, the polite "how do you do" on the street is a mask. So we see the real person, we see the person that was suppressed because of "social norms" and other such crap. But, they were always like that. Now we can find these people, address their problems, and fix the situation that we didn't know existed until the information was made available for all to see. It has always been there, you just didn't see it, no one did except the victims, and society has a bad habit of painting victims as being the ones in the wrong.
WTF are you talking about?

The internet makes it easier to bully. Yes- it also makes it easier to deter crime or at least to apprehend criminals, but with the good comes the bad and vice versa.

And sorry- but back when I was in school, kids who were gay were NOT openly proclaiming it as is the case today. I don't see a problem with gay kids coming out; I see the bullying that often results as the problem.

Look- I grew up in Manhattan and until the 10th grade, attended PUBLIC schools. In those schools were kids of all races and religions and economic backgrounds as well.

Bullying WAS the exception.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min atemcowboy 542,916
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 15 min Eagle 12 227,708
Submissives 20 min Ellejonson 1
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 34 min Edthirty 3,142
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 36 min Chris Clearwater 173,768
Rachael Davis Kornacki 39 min Bev Jamison 2
The Maze Runner 41 min Bev Jamison 2
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 3 hr Azphene 154
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr Dr_Zorderz 259,624

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••