Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#566068 Nov 26, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
One doesn't need to attend church to be a Christian.....
America is roughly 75% Christian.
Deal with it.
Actually if one considers themselves a true Christian he will attend church if he is able, because that is part of the whole package as it is presented. Technically I agree with you because now I don't believe there is a God, so it really doesn't matter anyway if you go to church or you don't. However, for those who are actually Christians, one of the tenets of Christianity is congregating together with others to worship God (and of course kick in your money - they can't get your money if you don't go).

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#566069 Nov 26, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually if one considers themselves a true Christian he will attend church if he is able, because that is part of the whole package as it is presented. Technically I agree with you because now I don't believe there is a God, so it really doesn't matter anyway if you go to church or you don't. However, for those who are actually Christians, one of the tenets of Christianity is congregating together with others to worship God (and of course kick in your money - they can't get your money if you don't go).
Attending church is not necessary or important in being a Christian.

Giving money to a church is not necessary or important in being a Christian.

Why do you think a tenet of Christianity is attending church?

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#566070 Nov 26, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I usually laugh.
<quoted text>
Same sex marriage. As only gays will do it, it's a special right. Special just for gays.
The first answer was perfect.

The second answer is ridiculous. SSM doesn't stipulate that you have to be gay.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#566071 Nov 26, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
The first answer was perfect.
The second answer is ridiculous. SSM doesn't stipulate that you have to be gay.
But a straight person would never marry the same sex. It'd be a law tailored exclusively for gays...

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

With Established Harem

#566072 Nov 26, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I usually laugh.
<quoted text>
Same sex marriage. As only gays will do it, it's a special right. Special just for gays.
.. in most states, only a man can marry a woman so males have a special right. That's unconstitutional ..

Location hidden

#566073 Nov 26, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
The topic was about pedos, which would have to be adults, thus if kids know more about how computers work than their parents, how would pedos be more capable than those kids? That's the contradiction in your assertion.
Thanks Kitten, now I remember. The answer is that pedos can use the net, and it has already been happening, and many have been caught, of attracting children to them through various ruses, such as pretending to be another kid, or even pretending to be an adult but with something to give to the child that they must do something to get. Since in most cases we have no idea if the person we are communicating is truthful or a 100% fake, so these people can get a lot of kids simply due to the very large numbers who they can access.

Yes kids in general do have a better grasp of computers and the net than most of their parents do, but it is the adults who invented and use the computers on their jobs etc, and amongst these you don't need many knowledgeable pedos to make up for a lot of naive parents, which gets kids into trouble.

As an adult in one year I met about 8 ** women through an on-line popular dating site, and I am now married to one of them. As it turned out, none of the women misrepresented themselves, and turned out to be a gay man or an ugly woman who had posted a picture of an attractive woman, etc., but from a woman's point of view I understand that many have been misled by unscrupulous people to meet them or do things, which when it was too late they found out they had been fooled.

One thing with all of the women I met from online sites is we both insisted on meeting at a very public restaurant where, if anything had been misrepresented, one or either could have walked away with no harm done. I guess the exception to that is my current wife who I met at the entrance to a large public museum type place in a large city, and at the moment of meeting we each saw each other from a distance, and in her case she could have turned and walked away if she felt that I was not the person she had seen online, but she did not have the protection of being in the company of other people, as at that moment, if I recall correctly, no other people were in the immediate vicinity.

Fortunately that didn't happen to me, though I must admit I was fooled online in one or two cases in thinking that the person I was talking to was someone other than who they were (not in the online dating thing though). In fact how many times has that happened just on this site, and is still happening daily?

** Not wanting to sound like a real lady's man, as those were 8 of about 12 women that I dated in my whole life, and about 6 of them including my wife, were all located in a matter of a couple of hours online on one day and I saw all of them in the course of about 8 days, whereas 2 others were found earlier in the year, and I was still visiting one of them platonically at the time I met my wife (she had insisted on only a platonic relationship because I was still trying very hard to keep my partner who had cheated on me. She didn't want to be the 'other' woman. My meeting my wife was more a comedy of errors than a deliberate attempt to find a spouse, but as it turned out, though we did things in a bit of an unorthodox fashion, the result has worked out just fine.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#566074 Nov 26, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
If the percentage of priests accused of rape is 1.8 %, what do you think the percentage is of sexual attraction to children? Do you think it would be higher than 4%. That statistic is also vague. Are they talking about America or the world? It's clear that the 4% represents people with the sexual attraction towards children. It doesn't say how many of those actually act on that attraction.
My contention that sexual repression increases the chance of unethical sexual behavior is sound. If priests were allowed to marry, they would be less likely to act on any underlying urges they might have. They would be less likely to develop urges that they never had to begin with.
<quoted text>
This link didn't take me to the specific page, but it came up on a page from the Catholic League for Civil and Religious Rights. I wouldn't trust this source independently.
That was the original page but at the bottom they link all their sources like FBI databases and accredited places of study. Otherwise i would think it might be bias too

You are right, it does not make the distinction between pedophile and abuser. Although (and granted this is hardly a scientific method) I seriously doubt there are many pedophiles who don't try to abuse. They may not all get caught. But lets say half of them do. Then that puts you at the same number of Catholic priest accused. And maybe some of them are innocent?

This isn't an exact science and in no way is trying to defend the priests that abuse. But the numbers are close enough where we can see there probably is not much difference between the general population and priests. And we know for sure more teachers are guilty than priests. So all this tells me is again, pedophiles probably makes up about 4% of the population and will take jobs where they will have the best opportunity to abuse
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
It is for priests who are forbidden from having normal sexual relationships. For teachers, it wouldn't be a big factor.
<quoted text>
You have to apply the same way of measuring across the board. And if more teachers abuse than priests and teachers aren't repressed at all, then how can repression turn people into pedophiles?
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Does sexual repression help anything? I would only argue that repression makes all of this worse, whatever the causes might be. Repression could even be the root cause in some cases, like with Priests who are not allowed to have normal sexual relationships, but have easy access to children who are already conditioned to see them as authority figures. Allowing priests to have normal sexual relationships would decrease the amount of child rapes.
No sexual repression is not a good thing. But i would argue it only exasperates what is already there. A kid wanting to rebel will rebel harder. A person interested in sex will be all the more active. But it doesn't turn someone straight into a pedophile and it doesn't turn someone gay into a pedophile. Pedophiles are who they are either through genetics or systematic abuse imo.

Could pulling kids out of churches and schools be an option? Maybe. But wouldn't a better solution be just don't leave them unsupervised? Always have several parents there or teachers or priests as odds are they aren't all pedophiles. Just like the more practical solution here is just don't subject kids to genitals in their face and make them think it is ok for adult strangers to be around them naked. I mean I am not suggesting we over-react and go nuts but some solutions are easy and when there is no reason not to do them as there is no real plus side as we can teach kids not to be repressed without needing naked adults to do it, then we should find smarter ways.(T) Peace

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#566075 Nov 26, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Puleeze
It was simply some creative hyperbole to illustrate I would be pissed to have my God-child subjected to something I found that offensive and invasive of his personal space. Do you really think I would beat a man in front of a 4-year old child unless we were in physical danger? Clearly seeing a violent assault would do more damage to his psyche than seeing someone naked, even though both would be traumatic. All due respect but commons sense should made this obvious. If it didn't, you could have asked.
(T) Peace
you have the integrity of a christian

what skom

Location hidden

#566076 Nov 26, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Your online activity can easily be traced, what better opportunity is there than a secretary?
Yes, but that is one person; online there are unlimited number of people. The one secretary may not be a willing possibility. In my years of banking, which I was in a marriage at the time, because I was usually working in an actual bank branch somewhere, there were always one or two men and sometimes 10 or 12 women in the office. I will admit that I developed very strong crushes on a few of them over the years, but it never got passed on to the woman, partly due to the fact I was married, but also I am rather a coward when it comes to pursuing a woman, and if I had made a proposal to one and been rejected, which would likely have been the case, it would have been devastating for me.

Dating through the net though takes away having to look a woman in the eyes when you ask her out, and of course you already know she is there for the purpose of dating, so the issues to overcome are not as great as just picking a woman who is married in your office who you happen to have the hots for. Or at least that is what I discovered in my two experiences of online dating, both in the same year, and both on the rebound from a broken heart, due to a cheating spouse.
feces for jesus

East Meadow, NY

#566077 Nov 26, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually there are three different terms for hell. Sheol, Hades, and Tartarus.
Hades is from the original Greek word Gehenna which is translated "hell" or "the fires of hell,
Facts are your enemy it would seem
You do understand how words are translated do you not?
I know all about how Sheol, Tartarus, Gehenna and Hades are wrongly translated as hell. Why can't you understand that it is impossible for the word hell to be in the bible since the word hell (actually, a variant of it) didn't exist until 700 years later.

Seems to me you need to brush up on your Greek mythology as well as your understanding of linguistics and etymology.

Hades is not your christian lie of hell and it certainly is not "from the original Greek word Gehenna".

Hades has nothing to do with a realm fire, eternal torture, or a spooky devil figure.

In the Greek culture, all the dead go to Hades. Do all the dead go to "hell" in your religion?

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#566078 Nov 26, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup.
You say obese. I say really really fat.
No dif
you are proud of your lack of education

how terribly christian of you

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#566079 Nov 26, 2012
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. in most states, only a man can marry a woman so males have a special right. That's unconstitutional ..
What?!?

In most states, only a woman can marry a man so femes have a special right. That's unconstitutional.

Crazy tawk.

Location hidden

#566080 Nov 26, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
If they didn't care, they wouldn't get all huffy puffy when they're called names & made fun of. They wouldn't "protest" and ask for special rights.
<quoted text>
I don't think I have any power over your life. Nor do I want any.
I didn't say I "do" cause you anguish, I said I think, if any harm I could cause you, that's all it's be. But again, I don't wish you any harm.
<quoted text>
No. I'll be me. Of you don't like it, tough shit.
You be you. If I don't like it, tough shit.
RR, are you for real? If you belonged to a segment of the population that has endured all sorts of abuse, some of them throughout their whole lives just because of who they are, do you not think you would have something to say about it, if the opportunity presented itself?

Location hidden

#566081 Nov 26, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
But a straight person would never marry the same sex. It'd be a law tailored exclusively for gays...
How many gay people do you know that want to marry the opposite sex? It's a law tailored exclusively for straights. Why do you want special rights?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#566082 Nov 26, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
you are proud of your lack of education
how terribly christian of you
LMAO!!

Coming from the guy who can't capitalize or use punctuation. You are NOT one to criticize education.

Besides, why is using the word fat instead if obese uneducated to you?

Is it uneducated to be politically incorrect? To you?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#566083 Nov 26, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
RR, are you for real? If you belonged to a segment of the population that has endured all sorts of abuse, some of them throughout their whole lives just because of who they are, do you not think you would have something to say about it, if the opportunity presented itself?
Yes, I'm for real.

And believe me, there's a lot of people like me out there.

I do NOT persecute gays in any way. I'm simply posting my opinion here. I don't see why that's such a big damn deal. I don't have to like or accept anyone or anything. Just because you don't like it doesn't make me wrong.

For example, look at how much you shit talk Christians. You berate us & voice your opinion on how foolish you think we are AND how strange we are to you. Should you stop?

No.

That would negate your God given & America protected right to speak your mind freely. That's all I'm doing, speaking my mind.

Why us that so wrong?

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

With Established Harem

#566084 Nov 26, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What?!?
In most states, only a woman can marry a man so femes have a special right. That's unconstitutional.
Crazy tawk.
.. you started the crazy tawk, I responded with the same idiocy. You know you're wrong, I know you're wrong. That's all that matters ..

.. now, be a good little pooper and tell me you're sorry. Might let you nuzzle up to my moniker ..

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#566085 Nov 26, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
How many gay people do you know that want to marry the opposite sex? It's a law tailored exclusively for straights. Why do you want special rights?
What has always been is "special"?

Why would anyone want to be gay?

What's the deal?

And why do I see so many so-called gay people dating someone of the same se that's trying to look like the opposite sex?

(gay men dressing & acting like women / gay women dressing & acting like men)

sup wit dat?

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#566086 Nov 26, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
He walked right into that one.

Location hidden

#566087 Nov 26, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What has always been is "special"?
Why would anyone want to be gay?
What's the deal?
And why do I see so many so-called gay people dating someone of the same se that's trying to look like the opposite sex?
(gay men dressing & acting like women / gay women dressing & acting like men)
sup wit dat?
Polygamy has always been.

Why would anyone want to be straight? What's the deal?

I don't know what you see. You'd have to ask them.

sup wit dat?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 11 min Robert F 579,014
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 21 min True Truth 609,820
Women and Men: DO NOT marry/date an Engineer!!! (Oct '08) 1 hr Rohan 101
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Remnant of 144000 39,955
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 1 hr Classic 2,190
whats wrong with people that dont believe in je... (Jan '12) 1 hr Reason Personified 1,072
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... 1 hr WelbyMD 111
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr bad bob 176,207
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 3 hr bacon hater 97,985
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr Pegasus 270,109
More from around the web