|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
hahaa...
I guess if you were the child of a nudist, it might have been a concern.
What's disturbing is that many of the above posters have openly said that human genitalia are disgusting and would somehow damage or belittle children.

They fail to see how skewed their viewpoints are and they don't understand children, nor that they are raising children to be ashamed of their own bodies. For they are literally imbuing in children a disgust of self, a disgust of their own genitals.

That's more abusive, in my opinion, than any naked body is, and will cause lasting damage to children's sense of self worth.

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>It may have when you were clinging to the leg of a nudist and their dangly bits were brushing up against your ear.
As a child I was very shy, often hiding behind my mom or the couch when people cam to visit, whether they were strangers or not. I hate to think that as a pre-schooler I would not have had some sort of clothing barrier between her bum and my nose. Growing up associating butt smell with comfort could have altered the nature of aromatherapy in a really disgusting way, a la Eau de bum...oil of crack, etc.

I think that clothing lends humans an "air" of genteelness that beats the heck out of the canine's butt sniffing ritual. Shaking hands with strangers is bad enough. At least as a woman I can refuse to shake a man's hand without breaking any rules of etiquette.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
What facts? You've provided no facts that support your implied contention that Congress was lying when it said unanimously that, "the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion." You provided a snippet that said that one treaty was superceded by another.
You're still wrong.

Pay attention to the context of the treaty and the reason for the treaty and the reason for the words of the treaty and whom those words were addressed to...

Until then, I can't go back & forth with you on this any more.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
What's disturbing is that many of the above posters have openly said that human genitalia are disgusting and would somehow damage or belittle children.
They fail to see how skewed their viewpoints are and they don't understand children, nor that they are raising children to be ashamed of their own bodies. For they are literally imbuing in children a disgust of self, a disgust of their own genitals.
That's more abusive, in my opinion, than any naked body is, and will cause lasting damage to children's sense of self worth.
"Your genitals' place is not in my child's face." How hard is that to understand?

I never said genitals are disgusting, just that their place is not in my face. Normal people "get" that.

I don't want to see them while I'm at the mall shopping or in the food court. I don't want to see them at the park, the library or grocery store either. They belong in the spa showers or your home and that's it. I would never tell my child that she should be ashamed of any part of herself, ever, only that it's not a good idea to roam the streets naked. Any sane person knows this is true.

She's already heard me discuss the newer trend in cosmetic surgery with another relative, labia enhancement; where I expressed my wonder at how so many women felt their genitals were so ugly that they wanted to surgically alter them. I saw the before and after pictures in one article and couldn't tell that there was any discernible difference between what they looked like before and after the surgery. Gee, labia is labia is labia. They all look the same to me, so I don't get how one woman can tell herself that hers looks "prettier" or uglier than any other's.

I understand children very well, I've been one long enough to know what they do and don't like.

The only thing I "imbue" in a child is that they have a right to protest what grosses them out, i.e., pushy adults with an agenda.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>As a child I was very shy, often hiding behind my mom or the couch when people cam to visit, whether they were strangers or not. I hate to think that as a pre-schooler I would not have had some sort of clothing barrier between her bum and my nose. Growing up associating butt smell with comfort could have altered the nature of aromatherapy in a really disgusting way, a la Eau de bum...oil of crack, etc.
I think that clothing lends humans an "air" of genteelness that beats the heck out of the canine's butt sniffing ritual. Shaking hands with strangers is bad enough. At least as a woman I can refuse to shake a man's hand without breaking any rules of etiquette.
Where do you get that you can refuse to shake a man's hand without breaking any rules of etiquette?

That is so wrong......and I guess you're another germ-ophobic- shaking hands is "bad enough"??

Do you even know the origins of people shaking hands and why people shake hands?

It is a sign of PEACE, but as you have proven you are hardly a peaceable person, I'm not surprised you find hand shaking to be "bad enough" or that you stupidly think women are exempt from hand shaking. To refuse to shake someone's hand- no matter your gender- is to say you do not come in peace.

BTW, the reason why people wear clothing is for protection from the elements, since the non-human animals you are so quick to scorn and put down have NATURAL protection from the elements which humans do not- be it scales, feathers or fur. And there is no correlation at all between humans wearing clothing and the rituals of animals greeting one another or checking one another out.

This post of yours to which I am responding is one of your most asinine posts yet- not that there aren't plenty of your posts which rate as incredibly asinine; most of your posts can be rated as such.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol! Would you consider a free one year membership to the Watchtower Society as a down payment?
I think I have several of those already.

and

I attended for nearly a year, I took all the indoctrination courses, studied the recommended texts, etc

I saw the same thing that I have seen in every christian organization to which I have had intimate access, and that is: men with power using it to access sexual privilege with the youth.

ah

christianity

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>At the end he said , "people's right can not violate the rights of others". That is exactly the opposite to an appeal for violence.
Yeah. Your rights are right until they infringe on the rights of others. It is a delicate balance of what should be good manners towards others but less people are being taught good manners by their parents and the schools support bullying by inaction, same thing.

Apology: Politeness too late.

“O'si yo!”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Demonstrate otherwise.
do you think the ancient scriptures are 'new'? they are OLD
ancient
so if the ancient scriptures talk about the soul, then the concept of the soul isn't a 'new concept'.

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
How are you and Patty both from RS or area, both having moved years ago from Ohio, info that both characters gave us voluntarily, both use words that are found in no dictionaries, and keep using them when others have told them they are incorrect many times, both have same style of posting, both have same slang terms when they are caught lying?
Don't you realize that it would be impossible to have read and memorized everything that Patty told us in well over 50,000 posts, plus to also memorize her style, spelling errors, lack of knowledge of correct spelling of several words, mis-use of phrases?
kin

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah. Your rights are right until they infringe on the rights of others. It is a delicate balance of what should be good manners towards others but less people are being taught good manners by their parents and the schools support bullying by inaction, same thing.
Apology: Politeness too late.
Schools do NOT support bullying and it is an issue of national importance. It is getting a lot of press and there are many websites dedicated to the prevention of bullying as well as stopping bullying dead in its tracks. In other words, the issue of bullying is NOT taken lightly at all and is even an issue being addressed by the Department of Justice.

As far as good manners go, what do YOU know about it, since you think you're not violating proper etiquette by refusing to shake a man's hand?

To refuse to shake someone's hand is definitely not what is defined as good manners; rather, it is rude and uncalled for and unwarranted.

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

WhatHeSaid wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you explain what holds in in place? Would a hard slap knock it loose? I know these questions might sound silly, but at least tell me you have thought about them.
Perhaps if you had a better 'handle' on who and what God is, you might not wonder about such things.

God holds it all together.
we are His creation.

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

ROCCO wrote:
<quoted text>
IF there is a God, Patricia, you can only blame him for your massive inability to discern what is being said by others, whether to you or to others.
Your response to the foregoing post (#565410), which is identical to #545406, is from "Lies Busters" making a comment to Boooots and reposting BOOOOTS' prior comment to someone else about you. It ISN'T "Lies Busters" post to you expressing his opinion ABOUT YOU to you (nor to anyone else).
It is your continuing tendency to misinterpret much of what you read that makes you such an unreliable and untrustworthy messenger of anything. That, together with your shameless tendency to lie, your innate rudeness, and your complete and utter willful ignorance of anything other than rote memorization of all things Christian bible are what make you such a tragic comedy.
It is shameful the damage that people whom you should have been able to trust and rely on in your life have made you the unfortunate calamity that you are.
While you are offensive to behold, those who molded you into the monster you have become should be subjected to repeated corporal punishment.
IF there is a God, hopefully he will spare you an eternity in hell solely because you are the victim of others worse than yourself. I fear, however, that you display too much glee for your actions for you to be able to blame anyone else and be spared the judgment you keep reminding awaits the rest of us yet you so richly deserve.
and who do we blame your deep rooted inadaquacys on?

I am United in Faith.
and until you grasp that, i will reply to your argumentive posts with
UIF.

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Don't expect the truth from this one.
don't worry, i don't expect the truth from any of them

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps if you had a better 'handle' on who and what God is, you might not wonder about such things.
God holds it all together.
we are His creation.
Perhaps if you had a better handle on reality you might wonder about such things.

Much more satisfying in the human sense that saying I donít understand to goddidit

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Just what Topix needs; another stalker.
You are sick.
becareful nanoanomaly, they will start calling you pattiecake to if they think you have one shred of deceny about you.(which you do)
they are all taking their instructions on how to 'stalk' by the lesbo.

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you like Ted Haggard? Are you trying to pray your gay away? True story, wittle boi. It's not gonna work. Come on out and join us. Be a big boi.
recruiting people to join your homo-team?

i think people should pray you to come out of your sin and get free through Christ.

Happens all the time!

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop telling yourself it's a disorder. You're just confusing yourself. You were born that way. Embrace it. Come on out and join us. Be a big boi.
It is more than a disorder, it is a sickness called SIN
and it is terminal if you don't find the only cure for it....
Christ.

sexual immorality WILL DISTROY YOU.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Do you always apologize for your own stupidity?
do you ever apologize for your anger & hate? oh, i forgot that atheists are born perfect and can do no wrong.

we'll soon see about all that;)

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah yes, your hatred for your fellow humans. How cute.
funny thing about justice, it always comes to those who are deserving of it

we (Christians) don't have to do a thing, we don't pray that God will elimate the wicked, we just know He will
because He always has.

Thats probley why God says in the bible that He will not be mocked

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're still wrong.
Pay attention to the context of the treaty and the reason for the treaty and the reason for the words of the treaty and whom those words were addressed to...
Until then, I can't go back & forth with you on this any more.
Until you learn the history of this country, you have no leg to stand on to go back and forth about it.

"Little-Known U.S. Document Signed by President Adams Proclaims America's Government Is Secular

by Jim Walker

A few Christian fundamentalists attempt to convince us to return to the Christianity of early America, yet according to the historian, Robert T. Handy, "No more than 10 percent-- probably less-- of Americans in 1800 were members of congregations."

The Founding Fathers, also, rarely practiced Christian orthodoxy. Although they supported the free exercise of any religion, they understood the dangers of religion. Most of them believed in deism and attended Freemasonry lodges.

The Constitution reflects our founders views of a secular government, protecting the freedom of any belief or unbelief. The historian, Robert Middlekauff, observed, "the idea that the Constitution expressed a moral view seems absurd. There were no genuine evangelicals in the Convention, and there were no heated declarations of Christian piety."

Treaty of Tripoli

Unlike governments of the past, the American Fathers set up a government divorced from religion. The establishment of a secular government did not require a reflection to themselves about its origin; they knew this as an unspoken given. However, as the U.S. delved into international affairs, few foreign nations knew about the intentions of America. For this reason, an insight from at a little known but legal document written in the late 1700s explicitly reveals the secular nature of the United States to a foreign nation. Officially called the "Treaty of peace and friendship between the United States of America and the Bey and Subjects of Tripoli, of Barbary," most refer to it as simply the Treaty of Tripoli. In Article 11, it states:

"As the Government of the United States of America is not in any sense founded on the Christian religion; as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquillity, of Musselmen; and as the said States never have entered into any war or act of hostility against any Mehomitan nation, it is declared by the parties that no pretext arising from religious opinions shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries."

The preliminary treaty began with a signing on 4 November, 1796 (the end of George Washington's last term as president). Joel Barlow, the American diplomat served as counsel to Algiers and held responsibility for the treaty negotiations. Barlow had once served under Washington as a chaplain in the revolutionary army. He became good friends with Paine, Jefferson, and read Enlightenment literature. Later he abandoned Christian orthodoxy for rationalism and became an advocate of secular government. Barlow, along with his associate, Captain Richard O'Brien, et al, translated and modified the Arabic version of the treaty into English. From this came the added Amendment 11. The treaty even became public through its publication in The Philadelphia Gazette on 17 June 1797.

So here we have a clear admission by the United States that our government did not found itself upon Christianity. Unlike the Declaration of Independence, this treaty represented U.S. law as all treaties do according to the Constitution (see Article VI, Sect. 2).

Although the Christian exclusionary wording in the Treaty of Tripoli only lasted for eight years and no longer has legal status, it clearly represented the feelings of our Founding Fathers at the beginning of the U.S. government."

http://www.earlyamerica.com/review/summer97/s...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

333 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Why do BLACK People hate Mexicans so much? (Dec '13) 4 min Johnny 293
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 6 min Some Casual Obser... 117,681
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 8 min NoStress4me 441,033
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 10 min AussieBobby 259,008
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 15 min DeAngelo of Memphis 2,133
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 16 min UIdiotRaceMakeWor... 172,884
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 22 min pusherman_ 536,750
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 9 hr Juvia Loxar 101
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••