Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#565777 Nov 26, 2012
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol! Would you consider a free one year membership to the Watchtower Society as a down payment?
I think I have several of those already.

and

I attended for nearly a year, I took all the indoctrination courses, studied the recommended texts, etc

I saw the same thing that I have seen in every christian organization to which I have had intimate access, and that is: men with power using it to access sexual privilege with the youth.

ah

christianity

“The Intrepid”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#565778 Nov 26, 2012
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>At the end he said , "people's right can not violate the rights of others". That is exactly the opposite to an appeal for violence.
Yeah. Your rights are right until they infringe on the rights of others. It is a delicate balance of what should be good manners towards others but less people are being taught good manners by their parents and the schools support bullying by inaction, same thing.

Apology: Politeness too late.

“O'si yo!”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#565779 Nov 26, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Demonstrate otherwise.
do you think the ancient scriptures are 'new'? they are OLD
ancient
so if the ancient scriptures talk about the soul, then the concept of the soul isn't a 'new concept'.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

#565780 Nov 26, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
How are you and Patty both from RS or area, both having moved years ago from Ohio, info that both characters gave us voluntarily, both use words that are found in no dictionaries, and keep using them when others have told them they are incorrect many times, both have same style of posting, both have same slang terms when they are caught lying?
Don't you realize that it would be impossible to have read and memorized everything that Patty told us in well over 50,000 posts, plus to also memorize her style, spelling errors, lack of knowledge of correct spelling of several words, mis-use of phrases?
kin

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#565781 Nov 26, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah. Your rights are right until they infringe on the rights of others. It is a delicate balance of what should be good manners towards others but less people are being taught good manners by their parents and the schools support bullying by inaction, same thing.
Apology: Politeness too late.
Schools do NOT support bullying and it is an issue of national importance. It is getting a lot of press and there are many websites dedicated to the prevention of bullying as well as stopping bullying dead in its tracks. In other words, the issue of bullying is NOT taken lightly at all and is even an issue being addressed by the Department of Justice.

As far as good manners go, what do YOU know about it, since you think you're not violating proper etiquette by refusing to shake a man's hand?

To refuse to shake someone's hand is definitely not what is defined as good manners; rather, it is rude and uncalled for and unwarranted.

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

#565782 Nov 26, 2012
WhatHeSaid wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you explain what holds in in place? Would a hard slap knock it loose? I know these questions might sound silly, but at least tell me you have thought about them.
Perhaps if you had a better 'handle' on who and what God is, you might not wonder about such things.

God holds it all together.
we are His creation.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

#565783 Nov 26, 2012
ROCCO wrote:
<quoted text>
IF there is a God, Patricia, you can only blame him for your massive inability to discern what is being said by others, whether to you or to others.
Your response to the foregoing post (#565410), which is identical to #545406, is from "Lies Busters" making a comment to Boooots and reposting BOOOOTS' prior comment to someone else about you. It ISN'T "Lies Busters" post to you expressing his opinion ABOUT YOU to you (nor to anyone else).
It is your continuing tendency to misinterpret much of what you read that makes you such an unreliable and untrustworthy messenger of anything. That, together with your shameless tendency to lie, your innate rudeness, and your complete and utter willful ignorance of anything other than rote memorization of all things Christian bible are what make you such a tragic comedy.
It is shameful the damage that people whom you should have been able to trust and rely on in your life have made you the unfortunate calamity that you are.
While you are offensive to behold, those who molded you into the monster you have become should be subjected to repeated corporal punishment.
IF there is a God, hopefully he will spare you an eternity in hell solely because you are the victim of others worse than yourself. I fear, however, that you display too much glee for your actions for you to be able to blame anyone else and be spared the judgment you keep reminding awaits the rest of us yet you so richly deserve.
and who do we blame your deep rooted inadaquacys on?

I am United in Faith.
and until you grasp that, i will reply to your argumentive posts with
UIF.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

#565784 Nov 26, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Don't expect the truth from this one.
don't worry, i don't expect the truth from any of them

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#565785 Nov 26, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps if you had a better 'handle' on who and what God is, you might not wonder about such things.
God holds it all together.
we are His creation.
Perhaps if you had a better handle on reality you might wonder about such things.

Much more satisfying in the human sense that saying I donít understand to goddidit

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

#565786 Nov 26, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Just what Topix needs; another stalker.
You are sick.
becareful nanoanomaly, they will start calling you pattiecake to if they think you have one shred of deceny about you.(which you do)
they are all taking their instructions on how to 'stalk' by the lesbo.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

#565787 Nov 26, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you like Ted Haggard? Are you trying to pray your gay away? True story, wittle boi. It's not gonna work. Come on out and join us. Be a big boi.
recruiting people to join your homo-team?

i think people should pray you to come out of your sin and get free through Christ.

Happens all the time!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

#565788 Nov 26, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop telling yourself it's a disorder. You're just confusing yourself. You were born that way. Embrace it. Come on out and join us. Be a big boi.
It is more than a disorder, it is a sickness called SIN
and it is terminal if you don't find the only cure for it....
Christ.

sexual immorality WILL DISTROY YOU.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#565789 Nov 26, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Do you always apologize for your own stupidity?
do you ever apologize for your anger & hate? oh, i forgot that atheists are born perfect and can do no wrong.

we'll soon see about all that;)

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

#565790 Nov 26, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah yes, your hatred for your fellow humans. How cute.
funny thing about justice, it always comes to those who are deserving of it

we (Christians) don't have to do a thing, we don't pray that God will elimate the wicked, we just know He will
because He always has.

Thats probley why God says in the bible that He will not be mocked

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#565791 Nov 26, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're still wrong.
Pay attention to the context of the treaty and the reason for the treaty and the reason for the words of the treaty and whom those words were addressed to...
Until then, I can't go back & forth with you on this any more.
Until you learn the history of this country, you have no leg to stand on to go back and forth about it.

"Little-Known U.S. Document Signed by President Adams Proclaims America's Government Is Secular

by Jim Walker

A few Christian fundamentalists attempt to convince us to return to the Christianity of early America, yet according to the historian, Robert T. Handy, "No more than 10 percent-- probably less-- of Americans in 1800 were members of congregations."

The Founding Fathers, also, rarely practiced Christian orthodoxy. Although they supported the free exercise of any religion, they understood the dangers of religion. Most of them believed in deism and attended Freemasonry lodges.

The Constitution reflects our founders views of a secular government, protecting the freedom of any belief or unbelief. The historian, Robert Middlekauff, observed, "the idea that the Constitution expressed a moral view seems absurd. There were no genuine evangelicals in the Convention, and there were no heated declarations of Christian piety."

Treaty of Tripoli

Unlike governments of the past, the American Fathers set up a government divorced from religion. The establishment of a secular government did not require a reflection to themselves about its origin; they knew this as an unspoken given. However, as the U.S. delved into international affairs, few foreign nations knew about the intentions of America. For this reason, an insight from at a little known but legal document written in the late 1700s explicitly reveals the secular nature of the United States to a foreign nation. Officially called the "Treaty of peace and friendship between the United States of America and the Bey and Subjects of Tripoli, of Barbary," most refer to it as simply the Treaty of Tripoli. In Article 11, it states:

"As the Government of the United States of America is not in any sense founded on the Christian religion; as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquillity, of Musselmen; and as the said States never have entered into any war or act of hostility against any Mehomitan nation, it is declared by the parties that no pretext arising from religious opinions shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries."

The preliminary treaty began with a signing on 4 November, 1796 (the end of George Washington's last term as president). Joel Barlow, the American diplomat served as counsel to Algiers and held responsibility for the treaty negotiations. Barlow had once served under Washington as a chaplain in the revolutionary army. He became good friends with Paine, Jefferson, and read Enlightenment literature. Later he abandoned Christian orthodoxy for rationalism and became an advocate of secular government. Barlow, along with his associate, Captain Richard O'Brien, et al, translated and modified the Arabic version of the treaty into English. From this came the added Amendment 11. The treaty even became public through its publication in The Philadelphia Gazette on 17 June 1797.

So here we have a clear admission by the United States that our government did not found itself upon Christianity. Unlike the Declaration of Independence, this treaty represented U.S. law as all treaties do according to the Constitution (see Article VI, Sect. 2).

Although the Christian exclusionary wording in the Treaty of Tripoli only lasted for eight years and no longer has legal status, it clearly represented the feelings of our Founding Fathers at the beginning of the U.S. government."

http://www.earlyamerica.com/review/summer97/s...

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#565792 Nov 26, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Atheist's Statement.
1. There is no evidence supporting the existence of a deity.
2. Therefore, there is no reason to believe in one.
3. Therefore, I don't.
Try to keep up. That's not a doctrine, and it's about as much as I can dumb the thing down for you.
READ.
we'll call this the 'head-in-sand' religion and it's followers the 'Headsands'

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#565793 Nov 26, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Atheist's Statement.
1. There is no evidence supporting the existence of a deity.
2. Therefore, there is no reason to believe in one.
3. Therefore, I don't.
Try to keep up. That's not a doctrine, and it's about as much as I can dumb the thing down for you.
READ.
let's make that the 'Sandheads' cuz it's catchier!

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

#565795 Nov 26, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
You should be in prison.
she already is. Those who are without God are as the bible puts it
'already perishing.' Sin is the snare by which they are trapped in a prison of seperation from God's blessing and protection

you can't 'wish' people dead
you shouldn't rejoice in the demise of the wicked....

God promises He will elimate such people, and we are to 'rest' in that fact, not rejoice in it.

we should pray for them who curse us, and let the coals of God's wrath pour down upon them if they refuse to hear

It is not a good thing when folks die lost and go to hell.
thats horrible and sad
so even though these folks are nasty and mean and hostile toward you or I, lets not sink to their level, lets stay on that high road and look to God to elimate our enemies in His time and His way.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#565796 Nov 26, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
do you ever apologize for your anger & hate? oh, i forgot that atheists are born perfect and can do no wrong.
we'll soon see about all that;)
Why do you lie? Where has one person who doesn't believe as you do claimed they were perfect, were born perfect or can do no wrong?

Your thinking is all muddled up; you don't have the intelligence to realize that NO ONE claims to be perfect, but unlike you religious zealots, those who don't believe as you do don't find imperfection to be a sin and of course, there is nothing at all sinful about imperfection and perfection is something human beings will NEVER be as it is a part of our nature to be the imperfect beings we are and if you want to perceive yourself as a sinful POS, that's YOUR issue, but that others do NOT perceive themselves as sinful POS does NOT translate into thinking they are perfect.

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

#565797 Nov 26, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So let me get this straight, you make yourself look like a fool then get angry with everyone else because of it. Such a christian attitude.
standing back and looking at the big picture, here is what you see

the God haters and atheists and immoral, set out on a goal setting agenda to do what ever they can to 'push the buttons' of a believer
ridicule, insults, personal attacks, whatever it takes to irritate someone with hostile words.
then when the person responds to protect themself or defend themself the first words out of EVERY, atheists mouth is always the same "some christian attitude!"
it is a game you all play.
poke the dog til he bites you, then punish the dog for biting you.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 18 min June VanDerMark 560,298
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 22 min Remnant of 144000 605,298
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 39 min KiMare 96,844
Homosexuality is a gift from God 40 min southern alien 53
Moses never existed 46 min KiMare 799
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 52 min Remnant of 144000 39,367
What Your Church Won't Tell You by Dave and Gar... (Apr '10) 1 hr Chosen Holy Dr Sh... 33,169
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr WasteWater 265,395
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 10 hr hpcaban 441,809
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 22 hr Freebird USA 175,775
More from around the web