Prove there's a god.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#565889 Nov 26, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>LOL!! Emily Post???? Who died over FIFTY years ago???
Hey- do you also wear long skirts so that even your ANKLES don't show?
Your prior post said NOTHING about offering your hand first. You said as a woman you can refuse to shake a man's hand- you clearly meant that the man was extending HIS hand first, so quit lying, you back pedaling FOOL.
And I don't need to "learn" culture as I am VERY cultured and very refined whereas the only refinement YOU know about is that to be found in sugar.
Get lost, you WHACKO.
You were the one "trying" to talk shyt about "origins", as if you had the slightest clue.

" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Handshake" ;

Where my family is from, women have the choice. It's what I'm comfortable with.

You posted to me first, scumbag, so YOU go away.

I see the concept of "ignore" still hasn't been imprinted in any of your brain cells, or maybe your OC meds wore off. Try a different prescription, nitwit.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#565890 Nov 26, 2012
OCB wrote:
And sorry- but back when I was in school, kids who were gay were NOT openly proclaiming it as is the case today. I don't see a problem with gay kids coming out; I see the bullying that often results as the problem.
Why do you think it's ok for gays to come out but think its not ok if some people don't like it?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#565891 Nov 26, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Sigh....I am neither old or behind the times, RR.
You think you being 12 years younger than I am is such a big difference? Pfft.
And YOU are wrong- your kids are not representative of kids across the nation.
"About 75 percent of 12- to 17-year-olds in the United States own a mobile phone, up from 45 percent in 2004, according to an April study by the Pew Internet and American Life Project, part of the Pew Research Center. And children are getting their phones at earlier ages, industry experts say. The Pew study, for example, found that 58 percent of 12-year-olds now had a cellphone, up from 18 percent in 2004."
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/10/technology/...
"Whether or not to allow middle-school kids to carry a cellphone is one of the top three questions I get, along with when is it safe to leave our child at home alone and when can they go to the mall alone," Estes said.
In middle school, tweens spend more time with peers and less time with adults, meaning there is often no adult readily available. It's also the age when peer pressure begins to push hard, and kids are more likely to begin engaging in risky behavior while confiding less in Mom and Dad.
Unlike Roberts, Estes thinks cellphones can be positive for preteens.
"Providing a cellphone to your middle-schooler can provide a communication tool that will keep you in contact with your child and will allow for them to 'fly under the radar' with their friends if they are concerned about drawing negative attention to themselves," said Estes.
If a parent should decide that a phone for his or her tween is okay, the phone shouldn't be handed over unconditionally. A child should accepta cellphone under certain restrictions — for example, respectful behavior to parents, grades maintained and a balanced lifestyle that includes physical activity."
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/48653269/ns/techn...
And I have little doubt that your kids so wish you would take that overinflated head of yours out of your [email protected]@.
Get back to me when you know what you're talking about, and since you never do, it will indeed be a pleasure never to hear from you again.
So? A lot of kids own cellphones, some own iPads, most probably own iPods since it's cheaper and easier than CDs now. There may even be some peer pressure in some areas, but that's far from new. Remember needing the new Pravda because everyone else had one? Mine was I demanded a 286 when they came out because I couldn't "live" without it, my dad took me to his job and told me to earn it, learned a lot about cars that year.

Our point still stands, there is no increase in bullying, it is just more apparent. They tried these same blame games with everything that was new, everything. You're lucky we got this far, they tried to ban radio for the same excuses you are making about the internet, but we didn't listen then, and we won't listen now.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#565892 Nov 26, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, I'm getting annoyed at agreeing with you, knowing you still think that this world is somehow heading toward a mythical "end." But yeah, they made these same claims, the anti-progress freaks, with music, television, radio, tape cassettes, etc.
Show me your clairvoyance. Tell me what I think the "mythical end" is that you're talking about.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#565893 Nov 26, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
OK well your family is German. Why? Because they were born in Germany?
hmmm....
Then why wouldn't you be American since you were born in America?
Well, for one I think my distaste for this country would probably qualify me as "anything but" to most people. ;)

My claiming German is actually a crack against race, I'm sick of everybody worrying about what skin color or heritage they or others have as a whole. Race is a social construct, and it's outdated, we need to upgrade to something a little more accurate, we can call it "DNA."

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#565895 Nov 26, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Sigh....I am neither old or behind the times, RR.
You think you being 12 years younger than I am is such a big difference? Pfft.
And YOU are wrong- your kids are not representative of kids across the nation.
"About 75 percent of 12- to 17-year-olds in the United States own a mobile phone, up from 45 percent in 2004, according to an April study by the Pew Internet and American Life Project, part of the Pew Research Center. And children are getting their phones at earlier ages, industry experts say. The Pew study, for example, found that 58 percent of 12-year-olds now had a cellphone, up from 18 percent in 2004."
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/10/technology/...
"Whether or not to allow middle-school kids to carry a cellphone is one of the top three questions I get, along with when is it safe to leave our child at home alone and when can they go to the mall alone," Estes said.
In middle school, tweens spend more time with peers and less time with adults, meaning there is often no adult readily available. It's also the age when peer pressure begins to push hard, and kids are more likely to begin engaging in risky behavior while confiding less in Mom and Dad.
Unlike Roberts, Estes thinks cellphones can be positive for preteens.
"Providing a cellphone to your middle-schooler can provide a communication tool that will keep you in contact with your child and will allow for them to 'fly under the radar' with their friends if they are concerned about drawing negative attention to themselves," said Estes.
If a parent should decide that a phone for his or her tween is okay, the phone shouldn't be handed over unconditionally. A child should accepta cellphone under certain restrictions — for example, respectful behavior to parents, grades maintained and a balanced lifestyle that includes physical activity."
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/48653269/ns/techn...
And I have little doubt that your kids so wish you would take that overinflated head of yours out of your [email protected]@.
Get back to me when you know what you're talking about, and since you never do, it will indeed be a pleasure never to hear from you again.
Helloooooo...... Anyone there?

At what point did I profess US stats on cell phones? I was talking about MY kids in THEIR schools.

Why are you arguing that? You said kids get bullied because they don't have cell phones. YOU'RE WRONG!

You haven't a clue what YOU'RE talking about. Can you even pose a debate without Google...?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#565896 Nov 26, 2012
OCB wrote:
<OMG- LOL!!! And were it NOT for youtube, many bullying incidents wouldn't take place to begin with!
W.....T.....F.....?

Do you even live on Earth?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#565897 Nov 26, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're stuck in your idiotic "anything goes" mindset....
Regardless, America's government was founded as a secular government. That says nothing as to the people or the nation.
America is a Christian nation.
Deal with it.
I never said anything goes. But any religion can be practiced by those of any color.

No, you're either stupid, a liar or both. The USA is NOT a Christian nation. That you would say it is is disgustingly insulting to those Americans of many other religions who are just as American as YOU are and who are just as entitled to the same rights YOU enjoy.

Try dealing with what a MORON you are as well as dealing with your bent for a fascist theocracy, since you will NEVER find either here in the United States of America.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#565898 Nov 26, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
At what point did I profess US stats on cell phones? I was talking about MY kids in THEIR schools.
Why are you arguing that? You said kids get bullied because they don't have cell phones. YOU'RE WRONG!
You haven't a clue what YOU'RE talking about. Can you even pose a debate without Google...?
I'm NOT wrong. The majority of kids have cell phones.

Gee- your "majority rules" mindset doesn't work too well for you when it's not convenient for you, does it, RR?

Just because YOUR kids don't get bullied for not having cell phones does NOT mean that NO kids get bullied for not having cell phones.

You're an isolationist IDIOT.

And you should actually USE google, but of course you won't, because the FACTS contradict your state of delusion.

Get lost, you IDIOT.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#565899 Nov 26, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, for one I think my distaste for this country would probably qualify me as "anything but" to most people. ;)
My claiming German is actually a crack against race, I'm sick of everybody worrying about what skin color or heritage they or others have as a whole. Race is a social construct, and it's outdated, we need to upgrade to something a little more accurate, we can call it "DNA."
Or you can man-up & be a part of this great nation. You can call yourself American...

The problem I have with people like you is that you claim to hate America, or have distaste as you put it. But here you are. Living in America. Of you truly did not like America and were a "proud German", why not leave & go live in the mother country? Why stay?

America - Love it or leave it. It's that simple.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#565900 Nov 26, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
kin
UIF, I have had a decent post today (or yesterday when he posted) from another believer on here, and I attempted to reply to him in like manner.

I have decided that I am tired of the daily fighting that is going on here, and so I want to suggest a "cease fire". I can't speak for anyone else so for me this will just apply to discussions between you and I. Here is what I would like to see.

1. I will not accuse you of being the other aliases, and will try to remember not to call you Patty, though due to 2 plus years of habit I may forget.

2. I will not call you a liar.

3. You will not remind me of how evil I am if I express an opinion about whatever we are discussing.

4. You will not quote the Bible to me, when my post to you was asking for a particular personal opinion of yours.

5. I will not suggest that you should be seeing a doctor/psychiatrist.

6. You will likewise not suggest that I need help, or refer to my responses showing evidence of my already confessed mental illnesses (your doing that doesn't bother me in the least, but it disrupts any further discussion). In fact my mental illnesses for which I am taking medication do not affect how I respond to posts; it would do so only if I was to become very anxious or depressed by something someone said, and in that case I probably would not even come here.

7. Neither of us will call the other a liar for expressing an opinion about something not related to a belief in God, such as something we read or something that is known by science. In my case when I say those things I am only reporting what someone else has said, so I can't be lying. To lie I would have to say something different than what I had read.

8. We will both refrain from making any and all personal remarks about the other person or their morals or character trait.

I hope that you will be agreeable to this.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#565901 Nov 26, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
W.....T.....F.....?
Do you even live on Earth?
Are you really this stupid? Don't talk to me anymore.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#565902 Nov 26, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me your clairvoyance. Tell me what I think the "mythical end" is that you're talking about.
Pft, I don't know. But it's in the bible, and it's a staple of all religions.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#565903 Nov 26, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>I never said anything goes. But any religion can be practiced by those of any color.
No, you're either stupid, a liar or both. The USA is NOT a Christian nation. That you would say it is is disgustingly insulting to those Americans of many other religions who are just as American as YOU are and who are just as entitled to the same rights YOU enjoy.
Try dealing with what a MORON you are as well as dealing with your bent for a fascist theocracy, since you will NEVER find either here in the United States of America.
I would say that first & foremost, America is a free country. I am American and I enjoy & respect my freedom.

Here's my free speech: America is a Christian nation. It was founded by Christians, protected by Christians, built by Christians and honored by Christians.

I know you don't like that, but who cares?

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#565904 Nov 26, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>I'm NOT wrong. The majority of kids have cell phones.
Gee- your "majority rules" mindset doesn't work too well for you when it's not convenient for you, does it, RR?
Just because YOUR kids don't get bullied for not having cell phones does NOT mean that NO kids get bullied for not having cell phones.
And you should actually USE google, but of course you won't, because the FACTS contradict your state of delusion.
Get lost, you IDIOT.
Did you get bullied for liking a certain music? Color? Hat? Skirt? Brand?...

The list goes on, you failed to demonstrate that there is an actual increase because of anything. Just because the "latest" changes, doesn't mean that it's to blame. Do you know that most victims of bullies never say anything in real life? Not to their parents, teachers, or anyone. They take it and forget about it, or try to until they commit suicide. Online though, they post these thoughts all the time, their parents see it, their teachers see it, the authorities see it, because now they feel like they can talk about it. It gets addressed, then added to the statistics, if not reported, it's not added to your statistics.

Again, Killary already tried this nonsense against video games, technology has improved things drastically in the world today, and you cannot deny that. You just sound jaded because you can't get the "latest." Well, my computer is more than 5 years old, I prefer the older models for developing because then I am sure of compatibility reaching the largest audience, and it's done me good so far. I also don't own a Pravda, but I like my tiny little handmade looking purse, it's easy to conceal.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#565905 Nov 26, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You really ARE an idiot. Kids DO get bullied by other kids for not having what they have. It is a form of PEER PRESSURE and there is a thin line between TEASING someone for not having a cell phone, iPod, etc. and BULLYING them for not having a cell phone, iPod, etc.

Anyway, don't bother me anymore.......sinking to your level could give one a really bad case of the bends.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#565906 Nov 26, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>I'm NOT wrong. The majority of kids have cell phones.
Get lost, you IDIOT.
No kids in my area get bullied for having or not having a damn cell phone, OCB.

I don't give a shit what your sad lil stats say that 75% of *teens* have a cell phone. Did you bother to see what age of teen has them? Do you remember that kids that are 18 & 19 are teens and NOT in high school usually?

Did you bother to see what type of bullying is going on? Is it real or is it cyber? Do you even care?

Do you condone teens in school having cell phones?

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#565907 Nov 26, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you think it's ok for gays to come out but think its not ok if some people don't like it?
.. why do you think it's OK to be a misogynistic believer but think its not OK if some people don't like it ??..

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#565908 Nov 26, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Are you really this stupid? Don't talk to me anymore.
Quitter.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#565909 Nov 26, 2012
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. what makes you think I have that much power? Nobody takes instructions from me ..
I do, sometimes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 2 min Aura Mytha 30,956
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Robert F 687,246
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 11 min RADEKT 286,555
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 3 hr Halle Berry Sister 4,315
8.1 Earthquake Off the Coast of Mexico 4 hr Concerned 3
skype usernames for dirty skyping;) and usernam... (Aug '14) 8 hr Jack Pitan 9
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 8 hr lil whispers 619,792
More from around the web