Prove there's a god.
Tepigz

Homestead, FL

#565689 Nov 25, 2012
Is that how you refer to God?'god'?You show no respect.He made everything as it is now.He brought the dead to life with his words,he healed the blind,deaf,crippled,sick.He is in heaven,somwhere you can't go without.He gave us the choice to beleive Him.Its not a matter of fact its a matter of faith.Prove that fairies and unicorns don't exist.Yes exacly.Prove dinosaurs never lived...yup SUUURREEEE.If you want this the easy way:God is real because He is.Nothing more nothing less. Ğ0ď !$ mу $@v¡€or(God is my savior)

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#565690 Nov 25, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
You can't even stay consistent with your own posts. You said "Yeah, it was a reasonable assumption, but still an assumption" when apparently trying to defend Catcher thinking the same thing yet to want to classify it as a "tendency for you to jump to conclusions and misunderstand people"
I'm not defending Catcher. He got the wrong idea too. If Catcher wants to argue with me about it, he can.
Skombolis wrote:
What you failed to take into account was common sense. If you aren't just blatantly lying.
<quoted text>
Let's just say you remind me of a dishonest person:)
I'll be more careful in the future.

I asked you three questions about the Bible. Is a response in the works?

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#565691 Nov 25, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>A fundie threatening an atheist with Hell is like a three-year-old threatening an adult with no presents from Santa.
It's like their Voo Doo doll .

Location hidden

#565692 Nov 25, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Tide, I sincerely apologize for your dishonesty and lack of character.
What you have done to Skombolis is unacceptable in civil society.
Twenty pushups.
On the double.
Then, 10 hail marys.(Or is it "maries?")
Skombolis is not Brother Marine.

I'm sorry if I convinced you of it, but you need to let this go.

I repeat, Skombolis is not Brother Marine.
Anon

Cleveland, OH

#565693 Nov 25, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
But building a grand and wondrous Heaven , filled with joy, comfort, happiness, and delight for those who are directly the opposite of you is LOVE. Those who love God , and those who warn others about disobeying God end up in Heaven eternally, never to suffer, never to be pestered with the fury you carry with you on a daily basis.
You and your hatred gets cast into an eternal lake of fire because your mind and heart is steaming with hatred of God and Christians.
Those who hate themselves and others ( like you) end up in Hell. So it all makes sense when you think about it. You just want to disobey and defy God's commands and this forum allows you to rant and rave about it all. You know I'm right and that you have CHOSEN to go to Hell of your own will, and this makes you very mad.
You lose in a big way, not only now, but forever.
I know this question has been asked to death, but I'd like to hear (see) your version. If heaven is a perfect realm, as you suggest, why would Lucifer and one third of the angels rebel? How does one become a malcontent in heaven?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#565694 Nov 25, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not defending Catcher. He got the wrong idea too. If Catcher wants to argue with me about it, he can.
<quoted text>
Actually you would have to choose to argue with him as you did with me. I apologized and in response to that apology you were snide and insulting. The apology should have been the end of it, but that is normally when two men of character are dealing with each other. I am dealing with you
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll be more careful in the future.
I asked you three questions about the Bible. Is a response in the works?
Wow, you are dense

Like i told you REPEATEDLY last time, I am not discussing the Bible with you. You already demonstrating your ignorance and your refusal to change positions even when presented facts to the contrary the first time we had a biblical discussion. There won't be another.

You just want my attention. You probably figure this is your best way of getting it for a prolonged time. That's pretty sad you are still trying.

I only responded this time to remind you of last time!:et's see if it sinks in?

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#565695 Nov 25, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
~sounds of running and panting
Catcher appears out of nowhere lips already in full pucker and drops to his knees and starts smooching Tide's ass!
Yeah, you are a leader of men all right! LOL
I thought you were done with me? I know I know, a chance to suck up in someone else's dispute is just to engrained in you to pass up!
Maybe you need to do the exercising though? It took you longer than usual to get here. Were you kissing someone else's ass on a different site?
~snicker
Hey Skom, been following the last few pages of posts. You seem pretty off today (well, you seem to be in a pissy mood, to be honest). From my interactions with you, that's unusual. Are you ok?

I hope everything is going well for you.

Some stable somewhere

#565696 Nov 25, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, the way they say "out."
Vancouver has a very diverse population and excellent ethnic restaurants. There's an Indian restaurant, called Vij's, that I found to be outstanding. And I have dined in India and in the London Indian restaurants.
And the seafood.....shoot, now I'm getting hungry.
Hey! I'm glad to hear Van is still doing well - I was worried. I've spent a lot of time in Van, but this was sort of the first trip I've made to San Fran, and it was kind of yucky. Beautiful buildings, lovely vistas, but the streets were dirty, lots of unfortunate homeless, lots of scary people.

I'm in Hong Kong now - the city is booming! It reminds me of Hawaii - well, the plants anyways. It's so insanely crowded here, though! Waaaaaaaaay more than Tokyo. Not a place I want to live.

Seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee youuuuuuuuu

Location hidden

#565697 Nov 25, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, man dealing with you is like dealing with a child
"my minor mistake was more minor than your minor mistake"
(not an exact quote)
I feel like I have to be explicit with you, sorry.
Skombolis wrote:
I know you are still reeling from me making you look foolish last time but I have no intention in playing your games.
All you've responded to so far have been the distractions. If you don't want to play the games, try the conversations. I've tried starting them with you, what's up?
Skombolis wrote:
"Wise men never argue with fools, because people from a distance can't tell who is who"?
~unknown
Have you been making arguments?
Skombolis wrote:
P.S.
That means when someone argues with an idiot it just makes them look foolish too. You are the idiot. I have no desire to continue having childish exchanges with you. I figured you wouldn't understand the quote. No need to thank me:)
I'm trying to up the ante here. I can give you more options for things to talk about.

1) Faith as a methodology
2) Defining gods
3) Belief in the conscious versus subconscious mind

Or you could answer those three questions I had about the Bible.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#565698 Nov 25, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Skombolis is not Brother Marine.
I'm sorry if I convinced you of it, but you need to let this go.
I repeat, Skombolis is not Brother Marine.
I'm cool, Tide.

The problem is, Skombolis lacks any sense of humor.

He's humorless.

Devoid of humor.

A common condition of religionists.

Catcher1

Hermosa Beach, CA

#565699 Nov 25, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey! I'm glad to hear Van is still doing well - I was worried. I've spent a lot of time in Van, but this was sort of the first trip I've made to San Fran, and it was kind of yucky. Beautiful buildings, lovely vistas, but the streets were dirty, lots of unfortunate homeless, lots of scary people.
I'm in Hong Kong now - the city is booming! It reminds me of Hawaii - well, the plants anyways. It's so insanely crowded here, though! Waaaaaaaaay more than Tokyo. Not a place I want to live.
Seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee youuuuuuuuu
Vancouver was clean, the people upbeat, informed, tolerant. I know, SF (I'm going there twice next month), but I LOVE it with all its warts. It's for real, if you know what I mean. Just look at the major recent issue: public nudity. They enacted a ban on it (the wrong people were going nude, if you know what I mean), by the margin of one vote, 6-5 or something like that.

And---it's stunningly beautiful.

Location hidden

#565700 Nov 25, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Skom, been following the last few pages of posts. You seem pretty off today (well, you seem to be in a pissy mood, to be honest). From my interactions with you, that's unusual. Are you ok?
I hope everything is going well for you.
Nah I'm cool Hiding

I actually am laughing while typing most of these

The dynamic on Topix can be quite entertaining as people just can't seem to resist set roles

Catcher just has to jump in any chance he can but can't handle the lead. And Tide still is trying to get me to have a Biblical debate with him despite me making it so clear I am not going to that a child could understand. What else can someone do but laugh?

Sometimes you just play down to the level of your competition. Probably why you and I have meaningful exchanges

Have a good one

Location hidden

#565701 Nov 25, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm cool, Tide.
He's humorless.
Devoid of humor.
Actually I find you hilarious

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#565702 Nov 25, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, the way they say "out."
Vancouver has a very diverse population and excellent ethnic restaurants. There's an Indian restaurant, called Vij's, that I found to be outstanding. And I have dined in India and in the London Indian restaurants.
And the seafood.....shoot, now I'm getting hungry.
I sat in a plane from Toronto at the Vancouver airport for an hour or so on a stopover on a flight to Hawaii in December 1983. Does that count as having been in BC. Since we were above clouds all the way across Canada the Vancouver airport tarmac was the only land I saw on the trip.

Oh, yes, I did get a 5 second glimpse of a mountain peak somewhere as we passed over the Rockies.

Location hidden

#565703 Nov 25, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually you would have to choose to argue with him as you did with me. I apologized and in response to that apology you were snide and insulting. The apology should have been the end of it, but that is normally when two men of character are dealing with each other. I am dealing with you
He's not arguing with me. I'm not even sure if you are. I don't know what your contention is. We both apologized, but you have continually insulted me. Have I insulted you?
Skombolis wrote:
Wow, you are dense
Like i told you REPEATEDLY last time, I am not discussing the Bible with you. You already demonstrating your ignorance and your refusal to change positions even when presented facts to the contrary the first time we had a biblical discussion.
Don't you care about my eternal soul? Won't you even give lip service to the ideals that you claim to follow?
Skombolis wrote:
There won't be another.
You just want my attention. You probably figure this is your best way of getting it for a prolonged time. That's pretty sad you are still trying.
I'm still trying to get you to enter a serious discussion with me, to no avail. Oh poor poor sad little me. I react to what I'm given. I've chosen to respond to you at every opportunity you've given me. If you think I've been immature, then exit the distraction area and offer something I can work with.
Skombolis wrote:
I only responded this time to remind you of last time!:et's see if it sinks in?
Would you like to have a discussion about the "war on drugs"? How about the economy?

Why exactly are you here?

Some stable somewhere

#565704 Nov 25, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Vancouver was clean, the people upbeat, informed, tolerant. I know, SF (I'm going there twice next month), but I LOVE it with all its warts. It's for real, if you know what I mean. Just look at the major recent issue: public nudity. They enacted a ban on it (the wrong people were going nude, if you know what I mean), by the margin of one vote, 6-5 or something like that.
And---it's stunningly beautiful.
hahaha, that's true!

The town looked out unto its people and said "what we need is more naked breasts, no more naked dicks, damnit!"

Location hidden

#565705 Nov 25, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm cool, Tide.
He's humorless.
Devoid of humor.
Is it terminal?

Catcher1

Hermosa Beach, CA

#565706 Nov 25, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
I sat in a plane from Toronto at the Vancouver airport for an hour or so on a stopover on a flight to Hawaii in December 1983. Does that count as having been in BC. Since we were above clouds all the way across Canada the Vancouver airport tarmac was the only land I saw on the trip.
Oh, yes, I did get a 5 second glimpse of a mountain peak somewhere as we passed over the Rockies.
The 5 second glimpse does not rise to the level for having been there.

Sorry.

:)

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#565707 Nov 25, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Within a few weeks of being separated from your first wife you started dating your eventual second and then within a few weeks of that ending met and ending up dating your eventual third wife? Wow. Now granted some people do not like to be alone and will instantly go from one relationship to the next. I dated a girl that when she was dating you you would die for you and always needed to be attached at the hip but the second the relationship was over she would be dating someone else within a week or two and making the same declarations and it would be as if the last guy never existed. I saw this happen at least ten times. But obviously a crazy girl dating just so she can be dating is not the recipe for a long relationship Given the very long period of time you have been with each woman, I would say not only they were obviously solid relationships built on love but that the odds must be beyond calculable for someone to meet the person they are going to marry TWICE within weeks of another marriage ending.
I bring this up only because I am a big believer that God puts people in our lives. Maybe you just got really, really lucky. But maybe some food for thought?
(T) Peace
Well if one wants to draw some sort of a meaning or a plan out of the whole thing, perhaps the first two relationships were just stepping stones to bring me to my current wife. I recall back in the 60s or 70s, perhaps in the book Future Shock, it was predicted that people of the future (based on that time) would go through several marriages during their lives as their circumstances changed. Perhaps I subconsciously absorbed that info, and somehow programmed myself to make it happen.

I would however tend to suggest it was just the lack of maturity at the time of the first marriage with no prior history of relationships with women, as my first wife was my first real girlfriend, other than taking a couple girls to dances in high school. I am a sticker personally, as both of my first two relationships broke off initiated by the woman, and had they not done that, I would likely have stayed. Kind of the effect of being raised in a family of long successful marriages, with my parents reaching a couple months short of 58 years when my father died, and both sets of grandparents married well over 50 years.

I think I look at it as my life has been a very turbulent flight but the landing seems to have gone smoothly and it is looking good that we will arrive safely at the terminal with no further misfortunes (actually I just made that up now off the top of my head, but it is probably close to what might make some sort of sense).

Catcher1

Hermosa Beach, CA

#565708 Nov 25, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
hahaha, that's true!
The town looked out unto its people and said "what we need is more naked breasts, no more naked dicks, damnit!"
I don't know whether the ban was the groin area or what.

Maybe our default is now the naked breasts.

I think it's an appropriate (and aesthetically considerate) compromise.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 26 min Travesty 52,159
How many MILLIONS of MEXICAN MEN R N in U.S. IL... 41 min Doctor REALITY 10
My girlfriend’s vegan. Need some tips and insi... 56 min michaelv2 1
Those in the twin towers who saw the jets coming 58 min Doctor REALITY 35
THANK YOU, Pastor Charles CAPPS of England, Ark... 1 hr Doctor REALITY 2
I want my girlfriend back. How do I win her back? 1 hr Doctor REALITY 4
Allah is Satan hiding behind the name 1 hr Doctor REALITY 24
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Peter Ross 445,994
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr Chuck 693,272
More from around the web