|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Observable evidence of one not having a life
:)
You mean because of the holiday? I don't think everyone celebrates Thanksgiving.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Another legendary troll speaks to me? Am I the chosen one?
You've been chosen to help select the name for the troll's next sock account.

Do you like the name Ralph?

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

Boss of the Inland Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Some were not "deeply" religious I would say.
Happy Thanksgiving to you and all the other good people here.
Thank you Catcher! And to you as we'll.
May you and your family have a restful day tomorrow.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
You've been chosen to help select the name for the troll's next sock account.
Do you like the name Ralph?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =orP4WZQdi0kXX
Too dignified for a troll.

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>We know matter did not exist at t = 0? I thought we agreed that we knew NOTHING about t = 0? I mean as far as we can guess matter was "created" later, although a better way to put it would be it condensed from whatever plasmic reality preceded it, because as we also agreed, it doesn't make sense that something can form from nothing (creation). That's why any speculation or hypothesis as to some form of creation is, by definition, not an option.
e=mcc

As Einstein's equation explains, matter cannot exist outside of time. If you want to argue he was wrong, by all means, do so.

Wait - I only agreed that something could not come from the absence of everything (and whatever, if anything, that exists outside of this universe). The non-existence of matter does not necessarily constitute the "nothing" you are referring to. There could be a matter-less something that we are unable to comprehend, given our time and space bound existence.
Remember, just because we call it 't = 0', does not mean time was not somehow still a physical reality at t = 0. "t = 0" is just a reference to something that preceded our expansion. We have no idea whether we are part of something bigger…… which would, if true, then preserve the notion of time.
Why call it time zero if time existed?

Again, according to Einstein's equations, time is a function of the expansion of space. It could not have existed prior to the expansion of space. At t=0, there is no expansion and so no time.
Sure it’s possible to speculate. But without time we have nothing to go on, so again, what good is such a model? Would it even make sense?
It doesn't need to make sense to us. That's not a requirement.

In fact, I guarantee you, an equation describing a timeless existence could not make sense to us.
The wave function breaks down without time. I didn't google it before I posted this but I bet the model would be so simple as to possibly have no math in it at all; I bet it would just be a statement something like, "in this model there was no motion, only existence". What else could you say about it?
It may have separate ways of "doing time." Could be zero dimensions of time, or two, or three - or more. Perhaps our one dimension of time is simply some kind of representation of time outside the universe.

I'm not a physicist, so I can't do that kind of math. Let's engage Poly on this subject.
Matter fact that was one thing that poly would do. He’d say that there is no such thing as a reality without time. But he always forgets to add the all important phrase "according to a mathematical model". There is no such thing as a reality without time that can be described by a mathematical model.
Funny though that some math concepts don't really require time. 1 + 1 is still 2. That's true whether there is motion or not. Two things could exist without motion. We just don't know,....but they could. Funnier yet, it takes time to make that statement (that 1 + 1 = 2).
Yeah, we're in agreement here.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Too dignified for a troll.
Really? Ralph can mean vomit.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Ralph can mean vomit.
True. Then we could make clever posts about Raplh raplhing ralph all over the forum.

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

See you guys! Happy Thanksgiving.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly... Karma's post was retarded.
she quoted the bible

many agree, with you

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>All of the founding fathers were deeply religious men. Of the 56 men who signed the Declaration of Independence, nearly half (24) held seminary or Bible school degrees. Most were Deists with a few being Christian. The Declaration of Independence gives us important insight into the opinions of the Founding Fathers. Thomas Jefferson wrote that the power of the government is derived from the governed. Up until that time, it was claimed that kings ruled nations by the authority of God. The Declaration was a big departure from the idea that the power to rule over other people comes from God. They understood the pros and cons of religious influence in government and didn't want to have government stifle or control churches or vice versa.
You are mixed up here Al. The sole reason for separation of church and state was to prevent a church from gaining complete authority over government. The main reason for this and the fear of this was to escape the church of England who held control of Americans from across the sea. The church of England controlled everything before independence was won.

So by decree it was written into the constitution that there could be no state appointed religion or religion appointed state.
Some foolish Americans want to return to a theocracy , but it is because they do not understand the reasons why we wrote the possibility out.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh please.... Churches have been tax exempt for thousands of years. They were exempt even in the Roman Empire.
Don't be jealous.
America should tax the churches fairly, and pay off it's national debt

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Hidingfromyou wrote:
See you guys! Happy Thanksgiving.
Likewise.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh please.... Churches have been tax exempt for thousands of years. They were exempt even in the Roman Empire.
Don't be jealous.
However now with 20% or less of tax payers actually involved with churches, should they be exempt? Having been on church board of executives, I know that most churches today would not survive without the help they get, because, especially in cities, the taxes on such large properties would be higher than some of them take in in a year.

But why should a church have tax exemptions in a country that has separation of church and state? Essentially by giving them tax exemptions that is involving the government with the church.

Also many churches don't take in more than the cost of maintaining their own property and employees, so that means they are being counted as a charitable organization though they might not necessarily be contributing to charity.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Some were not "deeply" religious I would say.
Happy Thanksgiving to you and all the other good people here.
In my case a month or so late, as we Canadians get a jump start on Thanksgiving by having it in October, but thank you anyway.:)

Actually I don't think my wife and I did anything particularly different on the actual day than any other day. Since being off work, and also since giving up church attendance, days seem to all run together for me, and often particular "special" days go by and are not even noticed.

Perhaps for others like me, we can be thankful just any time.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

Boss of the Inland Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You are mixed up here Al. The sole reason for separation of church and state was to prevent a church from gaining complete authority over government. The main reason for this and the fear of this was to escape the church of England who held control of Americans from across the sea. The church of England controlled everything before independence was won.
So by decree it was written into the constitution that there could be no state appointed religion or religion appointed state.
Some foolish Americans want to return to a theocracy , but it is because they do not understand the reasons why we wrote the possibility out.
isn't that what I tried to say or did I muck it up?
atheists dont have a clue

Kalamazoo, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

henry wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course it is a fact: the bible is full of fakes and lies too!
if that were true, atheists would love it because it would be just like them. well, really the bible would have to also be full of jealousy, arrogance, and selfishness and then it would be just like them. lol.

Atheists, you hypocrites, you clean the outside of the cup while the inside is full of bile.

Kalamazoo, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

henry wrote:
<quoted text>
Educated people mostly know that there is no such thing like god at all!
No, you've got it wrong. Arrogant and selfish people do. However, one should not be arrogant and selfish, so they don't know much.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a FREAKSHOW. There still is NO separation from church and state. The Catholic Church controls every government. It will take the UN to VOTE...to end this control and BAN religion. Religion has caused ALL of our problems since the begining of time. You are stupid ...to think otherwise....

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
In my case a month or so late, as we Canadians get a jump start on Thanksgiving by having it in October, but thank you anyway.:)
Actually I don't think my wife and I did anything particularly different on the actual day than any other day. Since being off work, and also since giving up church attendance, days seem to all run together for me, and often particular "special" days go by and are not even noticed.
Perhaps for others like me, we can be thankful just any time.
You have no faith....nothing to hope or live for. You and the wife are hopeless FREAKSHOWS. Try to find the right truth/Religion.....God is a God of order..look at the universe...are you simply blind?? He has 1 way, an organized way for people to know and serve Him. Your thinking is to live and die. WRONG. You might as well be a radical Islamist...

Kalamazoo, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Oopps, sorry I thought you were someone else who actually had something to input to this thread. My mistake and forget the bit about thinking you had something good to offer – you don’t.
Ooh, listen to the judger of thread input!!! It's almighty ChristineM.
Arrogance is a virtue to people like you. lol

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••