Tide with Beach wrote:
Lettuce Pray
Lettuce kneel

Confess your chins

Prey to Hod

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#564932 Nov 21, 2012
Any American on Topix tomorrow is a LOSER.
endtime

AOL

#564934 Nov 21, 2012

PROOF Obama's ReElection = ANTICHRIST_______

&fe ature=plcp

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

#564935 Nov 21, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Any American on Topix tomorrow is a LOSER.
Why?

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

Boss of the Inland Empire

#564936 Nov 21, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>You don't learn, do you?
John Adams also said the following:
“This would be the best of all possible worlds, if there were no religion in it”
“The government of the United States is not in any sense founded upon the Christian religion”
"As I understand the Christian religion, it was, and is, a revelation. But how has it happened that millions of fables, tales, legends, have been blended with both Jewish and Christian revelation that have made them the most bloody religion that ever existed?" --- John Adams, letter to F.A. Van der Kamp, Dec. 27, 1816
"Religious bondage shackles and debilitates the mind and unfits it for every noble enterprise." -letter to Wm. Bradford, April 1, 1774
"The purpose of separation of church and state is to keep forever from these shores the ceaseless strife that has soaked the soil of Europe in blood for centuries." -1803 letter objecting use of gov. land for churches
"... Thirteen governments [of the original states] thus founded on the natural authority of the people alone, without a pretence of miracle or mystery, and which are destined to spread over the northern part of that whole quarter of the globe, are a great point gained in favor of the rights of mankind."
Get it through your thick skull or move to a theocracy.
The USA is NOT a Christian nation.
The USA is NOT a white nation.
The USA has NO official language.
The USA was founded as a SECULAR nation.
The USA is still a SECULAR nation.
The USA will forever remain a SECULAR nation.
If you are so anti-American that you can't respect or even acknowledge the founding tenets of this great nation and what those tenets sjtand for, GET THE HELL OUT.
All of the founding fathers were deeply religious men. Of the 56 men who signed the Declaration of Independence, nearly half (24) held seminary or Bible school degrees. Most were Deists with a few being Christian. The Declaration of Independence gives us important insight into the opinions of the Founding Fathers. Thomas Jefferson wrote that the power of the government is derived from the governed. Up until that time, it was claimed that kings ruled nations by the authority of God. The Declaration was a big departure from the idea that the power to rule over other people comes from God. They understood the pros and cons of religious influence in government and didn't want to have government stifle or control churches or vice versa.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#564937 Nov 21, 2012
Lies Buster wrote:
<quoted text>You are either a sock of HL's or another puss who just admitted that you received your stalking memo.
Another legendary troll speaks to me? Am I the chosen one?

Location hidden

#564938 Nov 21, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Why?
Observable evidence of one not having a life
:)

Since: Sep 10

United States

#564939 Nov 21, 2012
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>All of the founding fathers were deeply religious men. Of the 56 men who signed the Declaration of Independence, nearly half (24) held seminary or Bible school degrees. Most were Deists with a few being Christian. The Declaration of Independence gives us important insight into the opinions of the Founding Fathers. Thomas Jefferson wrote that the power of the government is derived from the governed. Up until that time, it was claimed that kings ruled nations by the authority of God. The Declaration was a big departure from the idea that the power to rule over other people comes from God. They understood the pros and cons of religious influence in government and didn't want to have government stifle or control churches or vice versa.
Some were not "deeply" religious I would say.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and all the other good people here.

Location hidden

#564940 Nov 21, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Another legendary troll speaks to me? Am I the chosen one?
Someone's gotta be the poop picker upper.

Since: Sep 10

United States

#564941 Nov 21, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, pot.

Is the kettle black?

Location hidden

#564942 Nov 21, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone's gotta be the poop picker upper.
There can only be one.

Embrace the grey.

#564943 Nov 21, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean because of the holiday? I don't think everyone celebrates Thanksgiving.

Embrace the grey.

#564944 Nov 21, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Another legendary troll speaks to me? Am I the chosen one?
You've been chosen to help select the name for the troll's next sock account.

Do you like the name Ralph?

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

Boss of the Inland Empire

#564945 Nov 21, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Some were not "deeply" religious I would say.
Happy Thanksgiving to you and all the other good people here.
Thank you Catcher! And to you as we'll.
May you and your family have a restful day tomorrow.

Location hidden

#564946 Nov 21, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
You've been chosen to help select the name for the troll's next sock account.
Do you like the name Ralph?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =orP4WZQdi0kXX
Too dignified for a troll.

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#564947 Nov 21, 2012
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>We know matter did not exist at t = 0? I thought we agreed that we knew NOTHING about t = 0? I mean as far as we can guess matter was "created" later, although a better way to put it would be it condensed from whatever plasmic reality preceded it, because as we also agreed, it doesn't make sense that something can form from nothing (creation). That's why any speculation or hypothesis as to some form of creation is, by definition, not an option.
e=mcc

As Einstein's equation explains, matter cannot exist outside of time. If you want to argue he was wrong, by all means, do so.

Wait - I only agreed that something could not come from the absence of everything (and whatever, if anything, that exists outside of this universe). The non-existence of matter does not necessarily constitute the "nothing" you are referring to. There could be a matter-less something that we are unable to comprehend, given our time and space bound existence.
Remember, just because we call it 't = 0', does not mean time was not somehow still a physical reality at t = 0. "t = 0" is just a reference to something that preceded our expansion. We have no idea whether we are part of something bigger…… which would, if true, then preserve the notion of time.
Why call it time zero if time existed?

Again, according to Einstein's equations, time is a function of the expansion of space. It could not have existed prior to the expansion of space. At t=0, there is no expansion and so no time.
Sure it’s possible to speculate. But without time we have nothing to go on, so again, what good is such a model? Would it even make sense?
It doesn't need to make sense to us. That's not a requirement.

In fact, I guarantee you, an equation describing a timeless existence could not make sense to us.
The wave function breaks down without time. I didn't google it before I posted this but I bet the model would be so simple as to possibly have no math in it at all; I bet it would just be a statement something like, "in this model there was no motion, only existence". What else could you say about it?
It may have separate ways of "doing time." Could be zero dimensions of time, or two, or three - or more. Perhaps our one dimension of time is simply some kind of representation of time outside the universe.

I'm not a physicist, so I can't do that kind of math. Let's engage Poly on this subject.
Matter fact that was one thing that poly would do. He’d say that there is no such thing as a reality without time. But he always forgets to add the all important phrase "according to a mathematical model". There is no such thing as a reality without time that can be described by a mathematical model.
Funny though that some math concepts don't really require time. 1 + 1 is still 2. That's true whether there is motion or not. Two things could exist without motion. We just don't know,....but they could. Funnier yet, it takes time to make that statement (that 1 + 1 = 2).
Yeah, we're in agreement here.

Embrace the grey.

#564948 Nov 21, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Too dignified for a troll.
Really? Ralph can mean vomit.

Location hidden

#564949 Nov 21, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Ralph can mean vomit.
True. Then we could make clever posts about Raplh raplhing ralph all over the forum.

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#564950 Nov 21, 2012
See you guys! Happy Thanksgiving.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#564951 Nov 21, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly... Karma's post was retarded.
she quoted the bible

many agree, with you

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 8 min ChristineM 227,896
I think I was raped while passed out!! 11 min starbutterfly85 12
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 24 min mamma-san 221,376
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 34 min KiMare 95,542
Zodiac lovers 1 hr andet1987 3
Do women like male butts? How do I know if I ha... (Oct '11) 1 hr andet1987 48
Does anyone enjoy seeing their sister naked (May '13) 1 hr alan 22
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr hojo 543,118
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr Lost In Transition 173,858
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr AussieBobby 259,728