Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Karma is a_______ wrote:
there is plenty of evidence of the Big Bang, especially the cosmic background radiation

please list all those eyewitnesses, outside the bible of course
Please list all that agree with your big bang thingy, outside of the scientific community of course.

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Disrespectful? That's rich coming from a Christian.
"It seems religion can dish it out okay but it can’t take it: like a street thug who calls the police when his victims fight back." - Pat Condell
Your religion gets no respect because it offers none. Where is the Christian respect for atheism? Why do you expect more respect back than you offer? More from Condell:
"Purely on the evidence religion itself provides in such regular abundance, there's every reason to actively disrespect it to the point of outright abuse. And quite frankly, the fact that religion gets so little abuse compared to what it really deserves, I can only attribute to the unbelievable tolerance, restraint, and plain good manners of atheists and secularists everywhere.
"So, if you are a religious person, and if you're thinking of demanding more respect for your beliefs, please try to bear in mind that you and your religion are already getting way more respect than you’ve have ever deserved. Your faith is a joke. Your god is a joke. He's so absurd he's an embarrassment even to people who don't believe in him."
As a former christian, church deacon and youth minister, I can vouch for this. Some of the elders of the church, and certainly some of those in high leadership positions demand respect based on their status as a christian and their position in the church. Even when it's not deserved.

Religion already gets special treatment from the US government, is that not enough for them?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
lol... You DO know that the treaty was superseded, less than a decade later, by another 'Treaty of Peace and Amity,' signed in Tripoli June 4, 1805, in which that clause is omitted, right?
Ya, I didn't think so.
No, actually I didn't know this, but I will be reading that soon!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Benjamin Frankly wrote:
Now can we please no longer do any burden shifting thank you.
sorry.
They will still try to do it. The only way to win is to not play the game.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

TheUndying132 wrote:
<quoted text>
It would be nice to give some specifics. You are a logical fail, you can't rebut someone by saying "your wrong but I don't have examples why. " prove me wrong
I said because others have given those examples on here before, ad nausseum, and I am not about to take the time to go back and dig them all up again. It is, however, widely reported by Christians and non-Christians of the many discrepancies and I have even heard ministers preach about the differences of accounts of the same event, as reported by two different writers of the NT. Still I am not going to fall into "you refuse to give the proofs, so they don't exist". You know there are many also, claiming you don't is just arguing for the sake of argument.

The bottom line is that nothing has proved the truth of the Bible - that is fact that still has never been refuted. The Bible and all the stories related to the bible are accepted 100% on faith, or not.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Please list all that agree with your big bang thingy, outside of the scientific community of course.
Please list all that agree with young earth creation theory... Outside of the religious community of course.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh sure. Because evilbible MUST be telling the truth... pfft
Don't be ignorant. Genesis 1:1–2:3 provides us with a chronological account of what God did on each of the days during the creation week. Genesis 2:4–25 zooms in on day six and shows some of the events of that day.
Get it?
Genesis 1 is a chronological account.
Genesis 2 is a descriptive account.
NOT contradictory.
really, where does it delineate which portions of the bible are chronological and which descriptive

Genesis 1

20 And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven.

21 And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Genesis 2

7 And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

18 And the Lord God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.

19 And out of the ground the Lord God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.

20 And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him.

it seems that god made animals to keep man company.....

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Double Fine wrote:
I choose to define myself rather as a secular humanist, with an agnostic point of view towards a deity. I have no idea if the universe is the product of a god, the evidence is insufficient. However, I distance myself from any and all religious teachings, doctrines and dogma.
I agree with all of that. But a person with no god can rightly be called an atheist.

The word atheist says little about what a person does believe. If she is also a rational skeptic and compassionate, that might be secular humanism. But other atheists might prefer astrology or Stalinism to humanism. These are godless worldviews as well, and thus atheistic isms. But unlike secular humanism, they are neither rational nor compassionate.
Double Fine wrote:
And this is where this thread (meaning people like you, Aero, Hiding, Catcher, Scaritual etc) has been of immense value to me. When I first dropped Christianity, I didn't know what to define myself as. Now, I am much more secure.
Thank you.

These atheist threads on Topix are a great place to be. The Internet and the WWW are amazing phenomena that have already enhanced my life in many, many ways.

I love Topix for the fellowship, the education, and the chance to practice composing arguments and articulating them. I've come to know a lot of fun and interesting people here, learned a lot of facts, and learned to write better and think more clearly here as well.

And that's just Topix.

Email is terrific. I don't use the post office or other mail delivery services more than twice a year. I get Spanish words every day from three different websites. And I telephone and receive calls much less frequently, too.

Without Facebook, I wouldn't really know my young relatives in the States, and because I emigrated, I would fall out of touch with both sides of the family. Nor would they know much about me or my life. They

Google is unbelievable. If you had the greatest libraries in the history of the world on wither side of your house - say, the Library of Congress and the Library at Alexandria - and you and I both tried to research a question, I'd have my answer on Google before you pulled out of your driveway. And if the question was from pop culture, like about movies, you'd never get an answer.

Like you, I'm very grateful for this opportunity and experience.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
really that's your reply.....geesh that is about the dumbest thing I have ever heard of. to say you're a moron is an insult to morons everywhere.....

the point which obviously went way over your head, is that there is no archeological evidence written at the time Jesus supposedly existed that he did in fact exist.....

using the Bible to prove the existence of Jesus is circular logic at best

whereas there are numerous scientists, independent of each other, numerous studies, and plenty of observable phenomena/facts that support the big bang theory

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

scambuster wrote:
<quoted text>
No, actually I didn't know this, but I will be reading that soon!
The whole purpose of that treaty was to show the Muslim nations that America’s Christianity was different than that of Europe. We had no intention of fighting a war solely based upon religion.

The bottom line is that when you read the entire article in context it shows that the intention of the line was not to say that the nation was not founded upon Christian principles. I think any honest historian would agree with that, even if they don't like Christianity.

That treaty was signed by John Adams, sho said: "I will avow that I then believed, and now believe, that those general principles of Christianity are as eternal and immutable as the existence and attributes of God; and that those principles of liberty are as unalterable as human nature.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
really, where does it delineate which portions of the bible are chronological and which descriptive
Genesis 1
20 And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven.
21 And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
Genesis 2
7 And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
18 And the Lord God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.
19 And out of the ground the Lord God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.
20 And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him.
it seems that god made animals to keep man company.....
You've got yourself convinced. There's nothing I can do for you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

scambuster wrote:
<quoted text>
Please list all that agree with young earth creation theory... Outside of the religious community of course.
Exactly... Karma's post was retarded.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
really that's your reply.....geesh that is about the dumbest thing I have ever heard of. to say you're a moron is an insult to morons everywhere{{{{SNIP, SNIP, SNIP}}}}
When have I said that I'm a Mormon?

I'll wait.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

scambuster wrote:
Religion already gets special treatment from the US government, is that not enough for them?
It does? Do tell.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
really that's your reply.....geesh that is about the dumbest thing I have ever heard of. to say you're a moron is an insult to morons everywhere.....
the point which obviously went way over your head, is that there is no archeological evidence written at the time Jesus supposedly existed that he did in fact exist.....
using the Bible to prove the existence of Jesus is circular logic at best
whereas there are numerous scientists, independent of each other, numerous studies, and plenty of observable phenomena/facts that support the big bang theory
--- I take back the "Mormon" post. I read too fast, I see you wrote "moron" (close enough though lol)

You asked us to give you names of eyewitnesses outside of the Bible, regarding a biblical account... It's the ONLY historical record of that acoount.

Using "studies" to prove science is also a circular argument. Scientist A agrees with scientist B... Who knew? Maybe they both wanna keep their jobs.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Lies Buster wrote:
<quoted text>Please don't, the last witch who tried that spell had it backfire and she had it boomerang and have her healthy 3 year old child die of a brain aneurysm. Not good.
Too late.

I remain unconcerned.

When was that, by the way?

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
1. how can there be no EVIDENCE supporting a deity?
CAN YOU take credit for the creation of the universe, and
intelligent LIFE?
2. since you can not take credit for how it came to be, since you
can't re-create anything from scratch, since you can't explain
away miracles, prophecy, artifacts that support that prophecy
Christ and His many eyewitnesses, and the personal experiences
of billions of people through out history, then you have no
reason to say with any certainity there is no God.
you don't know.
3. thats right you don't, but if you were wise you would.
UIF, there has only been a few billion total people ever lived throughout history. Not even one of those several billion people has ever confirmed that a god exists, so that point is totally, 100% false. If, in fact, any of them, even one, had absolutely confirmed that a god exists, then we wouldn't be having this thread.

You have used that same argument for there being a God; that if a God was proved to not exist, we wouldn't have this debate. Well God has not been proved not to exist, and likely such a proof is impossible, and always will be. However, it has been proved without an element of doubt that many things that you believe, taken from the Bible, are not true. That also is true, and cannot be changed.

You have been using the argument that humans cannot take credit for the creation of the universe, for well over 3 years now. Who gave you the thought that any human has ever taken credit for the creation of the universe? Who put the idea into your head that making such an argument is a proof of a god?

It isn't a proof of a god. It doesn't even come into the same ballpark as a proof of a god. What humans cannot do has absolutely nothing to do with a proof of a god.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly... Karma's post was retarded.
]Scambuster posted to YOU asking you to list all who agree with your young earth creation nonsense other than the religious community, so what does your response to scambuster have to do with the question he asked of you and what does Karma's post- and/or the quality of it- have to do with the question put forth to you directly by scambuster?

Scambuster is proving (not that any additional proof is needed) that it is YOU who posts retarded crap.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
--- I take back the "Mormon" post. I read too fast, I see you wrote "moron" (close enough though lol)
You asked us to give you names of eyewitnesses outside of the Bible, regarding a biblical account... It's the ONLY historical record of that acoount.
Using "studies" to prove science is also a circular argument. Scientist A agrees with scientist B... Who knew? Maybe they both wanna keep their jobs.
You are a bigger fool than you've already proven to be if you think all scientists agree with each other. They don't. And that is a BIG part of the reason why the scientific field is a very competitive field.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

412 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Last Word + 2 2 min andet1987 18
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 11 min CunningLinguist 224,019
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 11 min Just Sayin 532,427
*ISRAEL-Gaza "will NOT erupt" in All-OUT WAR 21 min Cisco Kid 2
4 word game (use same Letter) (Mar '13) 22 min andet1987 856
truth is out 28 min Cisco Kid 4
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 29 min Naveen kumar 4,477
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Le_le 172,263
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 3 hr HasbhaRAT Trolls Biffers 114,973
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr Dr_Zorderz 256,380
Game of Thrones Ebook Download Free [PDF] (Feb '13) 7 hr John 53
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••