OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#564890 Nov 21, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
--- I take back the "Mormon" post. I read too fast, I see you wrote "moron" (close enough though lol)
You asked us to give you names of eyewitnesses outside of the Bible, regarding a biblical account... It's the ONLY historical record of that acoount.
Using "studies" to prove science is also a circular argument. Scientist A agrees with scientist B... Who knew? Maybe they both wanna keep their jobs.
You are a bigger fool than you've already proven to be if you think all scientists agree with each other. They don't. And that is a BIG part of the reason why the scientific field is a very competitive field.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#564891 Nov 21, 2012
scambuster wrote:
<quoted text>
As a former christian, church deacon and youth minister, I can vouch for this. Some of the elders of the church, and certainly some of those in high leadership positions demand respect based on their status as a christian and their position in the church. Even when it's not deserved.
Religion already gets special treatment from the US government, is that not enough for them?
I recall when the minister came to visit at a home, even in the home of a family that seldom, if ever, darkened the door of a church, it was understood that everyone was to be on their best behavior while he was there, because he was a "man of God" my words for the title as I forget exactly how that was explained to us, being nearly 60 years ago.

Location hidden

#564892 Nov 21, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly... Karma's post was retarded.
RR, I have to place your age at considerably less than mine, unless you have just picked up the expression "was retarded" because many others use it online, as being a lot less than mine. It seems that the slang usage of something being "retarded" is a relatively recent addition to the English vocabulary, which didn't exist when I was young; not in that usage.

Just a comment; one cannot help how old they are.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#564893 Nov 21, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The whole purpose of that treaty was to show the Muslim nations that America’s Christianity was different than that of Europe. We had no intention of fighting a war solely based upon religion.
The bottom line is that when you read the entire article in context it shows that the intention of the line was not to say that the nation was not founded upon Christian principles. I think any honest historian would agree with that, even if they don't like Christianity.
That treaty was signed by John Adams, sho said: "I will avow that I then believed, and now believe, that those general principles of Christianity are as eternal and immutable as the existence and attributes of God; and that those principles of liberty are as unalterable as human nature.”
You don't learn, do you?

John Adams also said the following:

“This would be the best of all possible worlds, if there were no religion in it”

“The government of the United States is not in any sense founded upon the Christian religion”

"As I understand the Christian religion, it was, and is, a revelation. But how has it happened that millions of fables, tales, legends, have been blended with both Jewish and Christian revelation that have made them the most bloody religion that ever existed?" --- John Adams, letter to F.A. Van der Kamp, Dec. 27, 1816

"Religious bondage shackles and debilitates the mind and unfits it for every noble enterprise." -letter to Wm. Bradford, April 1, 1774

"The purpose of separation of church and state is to keep forever from these shores the ceaseless strife that has soaked the soil of Europe in blood for centuries." -1803 letter objecting use of gov. land for churches

"... Thirteen governments [of the original states] thus founded on the natural authority of the people alone, without a pretence of miracle or mystery, and which are destined to spread over the northern part of that whole quarter of the globe, are a great point gained in favor of the rights of mankind."

Get it through your thick skull or move to a theocracy.

The USA is NOT a Christian nation.

The USA is NOT a white nation.

The USA has NO official language.

The USA was founded as a SECULAR nation.

The USA is still a SECULAR nation.

The USA will forever remain a SECULAR nation.

If you are so anti-American that you can't respect or even acknowledge the founding tenets of this great nation and what those tenets stand for, GET THE HELL OUT.

Since: Nov 12

Chicago, IL

#564894 Nov 21, 2012
Boners!

Chicago, IL

#564895 Nov 21, 2012
Boobs!

Chicago, IL

#564896 Nov 21, 2012
Va-jay-jays!

Chicago, IL

#564898 Nov 21, 2012
All were made from stardust ;)

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#564899 Nov 21, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>]Scambuster posted to YOU asking you to list all who agree with your young earth creation nonsense other than the religious community, so what does your response to scambuster have to do with the question he asked of you and what does Karma's post- and/or the quality of it- have to do with the question put forth to you directly by scambuster?
Scambuster is proving (not that any additional proof is needed) that it is YOU who posts retarded crap.
So I take it that you read my post out of context. Nice.

“Jesus is Love”

Hutchinson, MN

#564900 Nov 21, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
UIF, there has only been a few billion total people ever lived throughout history. Not even one of those several billion people has ever confirmed that a god exists, so that point is totally, 100% false. If, in fact, any of them, even one, had absolutely confirmed that a god exists, then we wouldn't be having this thread.
You have used that same argument for there being a God; that if a God was proved to not exist, we wouldn't have this debate. Well God has not been proved not to exist, and likely such a proof is impossible, and always will be. However, it has been proved without an element of doubt that many things that you believe, taken from the Bible, are not true. That also is true, and cannot be changed.
You have been using the argument that humans cannot take credit for the creation of the universe, for well over 3 years now. Who gave you the thought that any human has ever taken credit for the creation of the universe? Who put the idea into your head that making such an argument is a proof of a god?
It isn't a proof of a god. It doesn't even come into the same ballpark as a proof of a god. What humans cannot do has absolutely nothing to do with a proof of a god.
There is a God. Your same old excuses to ease your mind of it simply are failing miserably.

Location hidden

#564901 Nov 21, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
RR, I have to place your age at considerably less than mine, unless you have just picked up the expression "was retarded" because many others use it online, as being a lot less than mine. It seems that the slang usage of something being "retarded" is a relatively recent addition to the English vocabulary, which didn't exist when I was young; not in that usage.
Just a comment; one cannot help how old they are.
You never called something "rad" when you were younger?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#564902 Nov 21, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
So I take it that you read my post out of context. Nice.
You take it wrong, just as you take SO much wrong.

I suppose you think scambuster took your post out of context as well.

In the meantime, I see you haven't addressed what scambuster asked you.

Location hidden

#564903 Nov 21, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>You don't learn, do you?
John Adams also said the following:
“This would be the best of all possible worlds, if there were no religion in it”
“The government of the United States is not in any sense founded upon the Christian religion”
"As I understand the Christian religion, it was, and is, a revelation. But how has it happened that millions of fables, tales, legends, have been blended with both Jewish and Christian revelation that have made them the most bloody religion that ever existed?" --- John Adams, letter to F.A. Van der Kamp, Dec. 27, 1816
"Religious bondage shackles and debilitates the mind and unfits it for every noble enterprise." -letter to Wm. Bradford, April 1, 1774
"The purpose of separation of church and state is to keep forever from these shores the ceaseless strife that has soaked the soil of Europe in blood for centuries." -1803 letter objecting use of gov. land for churches
"... Thirteen governments [of the original states] thus founded on the natural authority of the people alone, without a pretence of miracle or mystery, and which are destined to spread over the northern part of that whole quarter of the globe, are a great point gained in favor of the rights of mankind."
Get it through your thick skull or move to a theocracy.
The USA is NOT a Christian nation.
The USA is NOT a white nation.
The USA has NO official language.
The USA was founded as a SECULAR nation.
The USA is still a SECULAR nation.
The USA will forever remain a SECULAR nation.
If you are so anti-American that you can't respect or even acknowledge the founding tenets of this great nation and what those tenets stand for, GET THE HELL OUT.
As I've said, as a Christian I've made "non-Christian" comments in my life. Dow right here on Topix. If I was a very famous person, someone like you could nitpick those quoted comments to "prove" that I'm not Christian. But you'd be wrong.

John Adams was a Christian Unitarianist. The facts are there for you to discover. All you have to do is look.

The USA is a Christian nation.

The USA is NOT a white nation, no. I've never said that.

The USA's most common & popular language is English. Basically, the country's language. And becoming the world language.

The USA was founded as a secular government, not nation. Again, the government & it's laws are secular, founded intentionally that way so no government could stop the us from practicing religion, or not practice, as you prefer.

If the USA is secular, why is Hod on our money, buildings, offices, courthouses, White House, Congress, etc? Answer: we're NOT a secular nation, we just have secular laws.

Location hidden

#564904 Nov 21, 2012
I should really start proof reading better......

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#564905 Nov 21, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You never called something "rad" when you were younger?
"Rad" doesn't mean "retarded", RR.

Location hidden

#564906 Nov 21, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a God. Your same old excuses to ease your mind of it simply are failing miserably.
Ok, let's settle this once and for all. You provide us, in your next post, the link to the verified confirmation that there is a god, and we can then close this thread.

Actually regarding this topic my mind is very much at ease. I have problems only with how some of the so-called "Christians' on this site present their information, and also how they treat other posters, especially in light of their claim that they are Christians.

Location hidden

#564907 Nov 21, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>"Rad" doesn't mean "retarded", RR.
oy gevalt

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#564908 Nov 21, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
As I've said, as a Christian I've made "non-Christian" comments in my life. Dow right here on Topix. If I was a very famous person, someone like you could nitpick those quoted comments to "prove" that I'm not Christian. But you'd be wrong.
John Adams was a Christian Unitarianist. The facts are there for you to discover. All you have to do is look.
The USA is a Christian nation.
The USA is NOT a white nation, no. I've never said that.
The USA's most common & popular language is English. Basically, the country's language. And becoming the world language.
The USA was founded as a secular government, not nation. Again, the government & it's laws are secular, founded intentionally that way so no government could stop the us from practicing religion, or not practice, as you prefer.
If the USA is secular, why is Hod on our money, buildings, offices, courthouses, White House, Congress, etc? Answer: we're NOT a secular nation, we just have secular laws.
Are you losing your mind?

Where did I say I want to prove that you're not a Christian?

I don't care what John Adams was- the fact remains the USA was founded as a secular nation.

The USA is NOT a Christian nation, you stupid liar. You're too damned dumb to realize that the majority of Americans being Christian does NOT make the USA a Christian nation as EVERYONE has the RIGHT and the FREEDOM- per our Constitution- to practice any religion they want or no religion at all.

So why do you say the USA is not a white nation when there are more white people than those of any other color?

Your entire argument for claiming ours is a Christian nation is because there are more Christians then those of any other religion, so why do you not use your faulty and convoluted logic when it comes to whether or not the USA is a white nation or not?

It no more matters what language is most popular than it does what religion is most popular or what color is most "popular".

NONE of that makes for what you claim.

As far as our money, etc. goes- that is all for show and is nothing more than window dressing and those things do not determine the USA to be a Christian nation.

You ARE a domestic TERRORIST who would like the USA to turn into a FASCIST THEOCRACY where everyone speaks the same language, listens to the same music, eats the same food and believes in the same god.

You make a MOCKERY out of all this nation stands for.

You are sick and you are sickening.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#564909 Nov 21, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I should really start proof reading better......
You should start reading. Period.

Never mind this thread- try opening a BOOK- and then READING it.

Location hidden

#564910 Nov 21, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>You take it wrong, just as you take SO much wrong.
I suppose you think scambuster took your post out of context as well.
In the meantime, I see you haven't addressed what scambuster asked you.
In the meantime

In the rneantime

ugh, OCB......

In the meantime, Karma hasn't answered MY question.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bahcekoy BOSCH Servis 299 15 34 8 min hangrup 1
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Adam 230,011
Renee Zellweger: Turned into a real Beauty 1 hr bubba burpalot 2
Biggest Fraud Ever Perpetrated On American PPL 1 hr bubba burpalot 5
The Feds Are Playing A Very Dangerous Game 1 hr bubba burpalot 5
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr bubba burpalot 261,681
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 1 hr top 1,071
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr dirty white boy- 602,182
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr truth 548,705
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 6 hr Jared 172