Prove there's a god.

“What game?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#565360 Nov 24, 2012
Zen Master Ein wrote:
<quoted text>Hey troll, here you are again.
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. you can't imagine what it's like to long for a woman as appealing as YD, to want her so much that every part of your body seems to scream in desperation ..
.. there's no hunger so maddening as the ache of frustration. That awful, hollow, tearing feeling that pervades every cell in your body until you think you'll go mad if you have to endure another instant of it ..
.. no whip can inflict pain of that sort, Princess. In the whole world there aren't enough chains to duplicate the anguish caused by letting some woman love you that much, and then denying her your love ..
.. our monthly all female hot-tub sex orgy is scheduled to begin at 9:00 tonight. You'll be there, right? YD is appearing as herself, the wanton, evil seductress dressed only in riding boots, saving her fully-charged, magical JESUS LOVES ME vibrator, hunting for female prey ..
.. is it all some ugly rumor spreading through the gossip-laden Topix grapevine or is she really a lesbian ??..
.. FIND OUT TONIGHT !!..
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/TM8...
Is the mean lesbian making fun of my wittle spunk monkey again? Poor wittle boi.

Who wants a bone?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#565361 Nov 24, 2012
Zen Master Ein wrote:
<quoted text>You are one sick piece of gay pollutant.
What's wrong with you? You write everyone?? You are a FREAKSHOW embarassing yourself. Freak off.....TOOL

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#565362 Nov 24, 2012
Zen Master Ein wrote:
<quoted text>You are one sick piece of gay pollutant.
You post too much......no one reads your crapshoot. Post less and just MAYBE.........we will catch it..........You are a Freakshow Tool......All over the map......You are also bisexual and dishonors this forum......
Mark

Seaford, DE

#565368 Nov 24, 2012
Prove there is not.
Anon

Cleveland, OH

#565370 Nov 24, 2012
Zen Master Ein wrote:
<quoted text>See also: Global atheism and American atheism and Atheist Population and Resources for leaving atheism and becoming a Christian
In 2012, Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary reported that globally every day there are 800 less atheists per day, 1,100 less non-religious (agnostic) people per day and 83,000 more people professing to be Christians per day.[42][43]
In 2011, the American Spectator citing research published in the International Bulletin of Missionary Research reported that atheism is on the decline as a whole in terms of adherents .[44][45]
The American Spectator declared:
“ The report estimates about 80,000 new Christians every day, 79,000 new Muslims every day, and 300 fewer atheists every day. These atheists are presumably disproportionately represented in the West, while religion is thriving in the Global South, where charismatic Christianity is exploding."[46]”
In 2009, the book A sceptics guide to atheism indicated: "A worldwide poll taken in 1991 put the global figure for atheists at just 4.4% of the population. By 2006 it was estimated that only 2% of the world population were atheists
If this is true, then you have nothing to fear, do you? Your crusade is over, you are no longer needed.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#565371 Nov 24, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
What the hell DO you do?
Apart from this, I am studying Spanish (hablé, he hablado, hablo, hablaré,), and learning and playing a lot of bridge. That is a difficult game.

I walk with Mrs. Aint every morning, and we are out and about on foot most days, usually meeting friends for meals or local events. Tonight, we will be dining at one of our newest restaurants with a couple that we know through bridge.

I belong to the bridge club and a local freethinkers club. On Sundays, we like to go to a series of talks on various subjects. Last week was about renewable energy, which was timely, since we just went all solar. Our carbon footprint might even be less than zero now, as we actually generate more power than we consume, all clean, and we give the excess to the Mexican government.

We go to a lot of art galleries and exhibitions of artists, and attend a lot of charity benefits, especially for animal shelters.

We like to take our black lab to the dog park three times a week to run her around and let her socialize with other dogs.

We frequently walk to a friend's B and B for Jeopardy, where we enjoy wine and shout out answers. The final Jeopardy last night was too easy. You only needed to know who famously said that he had nothing to declare but his genius. When not there, we like to go instead to one of two places on the lake where we can watch the sun set with a glass of wine.

Last month, we spent a week at a friend's condo in Mazatlan on the marina.

We watch about two hours of TV a night. Lately, it's been West Wing on DVD, which we never saw the first time around. Otherwise, it's usually comedy, movies, or HBO original programming.

We have no responsibilities, although my wife has a little business designing and hosting web pages.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I have found you boring.
No surprise there, Archie. I'm sure that you would hate my world.

Did I ever tell you that I spent an eternity in Riverside one year in the seventies? I was a student at Riverside City College that year, where I studied electronics and music. It was 1975, the year between my discharge from the Army and my return to university at Ohio State. That is one dead city.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#565372 Nov 24, 2012
I feel god everyday

Fennario

#565373 Nov 24, 2012
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE...
HughBe wrote:
Interesting twist.
Thanks. That was open minded of you.

Hey, dude. I remember you. We didn't agree, but I recall mostly liking you and your Jamaican outlook.
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/judaism/T...

I have a relatively new Jamaican friend here in Mexico, mon. I love the accent. He married a gal from Vermont, where they live several months a year. They couldn't be more unalike, but they seem to love one another. He's way more Americanized than I am. He's a mason ferkrissakes, and likes to handout at the local American Legion. Yikes! But otherwise, he be jammin'!

Fennario

#565374 Nov 24, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You think yours is?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_of_Tripoli
The treaty was a routine diplomatic agreement but has attracted later attention because the English version included a clause about religion in the United States.
Professor of History John Fea, however, has recently noted in his book addressing the Christian element to the American founding that, "If the Treaty of Tripoli is correct...then someone forgot to tell the American people."
Many other historians, secular and religious, have further insisted on the relative unimportance of the document or argued against the position that it rules out the influences of religion on the Founders, the constitution, or American culture, at the time of the founding.
...the treaty was superseded, less than a decade later, by another 'Treaty of Peace and Amity,' signed in Tripoli June 4, 1805, in which the clause in question...is omitted.
That was much better. You should do that with any claim you make. At least I know that the ideas didn't come out of your ass, and I have a more clear statement to rebut.

Your citation says, "the treaty was superseded, less than a decade later, by another 'Treaty of Peace and Amity,' signed in Tripoli June 4, 1805, in which the clause in question...is omitted."

Now we're making progress. For starters, you had claimed that "the treaty was debunked & rewritten less than 10 years later," to which I replied that, "Treaties aren't debunked or rewritten. Once ratified, treaties are either honored or violated, They may be superceded, terminated, extended, and the like." I think that we clarified that issue. The treaty was superceded, which is different from rewriting it. And "debunked" is a charged and pejorative word that is inappropriate in this context.

Also, I think I see your argument, even though you still haven't stated it explicitly in a sentence or paragraph. I don't know why you resist that, but I'm thrilled to see a citation, so we'll not belabor that further at this time.

I think that you're saying that a renegotiated treaty that doesn't reaffirm that, "the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion" means that the words have been contradicted, or in some sense no longer mean what they once meant. Is that correct? Is that what you meant by "debunked"? If so, you used the word improperly.

If that is what you meant, I can begin to address that. If it's something else, just write what it is clearly, directly, and explicitly. Direct, expository language is an excellent tool for communicating ideas - perhaps the best.

I know that you think that I am deliberately being petty or contrary. But I need you to provide more than, "the treaty was debunked & rewritten less than 10 years later." What in hell does that mean? Treaties aren't debunked or rewritten.

Maybe that you think that the controversial sentence from the Treaty of Tripoli has somehow been invalidated. How could it be? It was an opinion, and the successor treaty didn't contradict it.

Fennario

#565375 Nov 24, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
People like you also drive a Prius, so what do I care?
No. I drove an RX-7, then a BMW 325i, then a Miata. My wife drove a Durango. We brought the Durango to Mexico because we needed a higher, more rugged vehicle with cargo capacity, but we barely drive it. It's a 2001 with 48,000 miles on it. We gas up about every ten weeks.

But what is wrong with a Prius? Do you resent efforts to reduce carbon emissions because you associate it with yuppie liberals, whom you have been conditioned to dismiss? That's pretty poor thinking.

Actually, taking a position against environmentalism in the face of the current evidence is unconscionably unethical and epically stupid. I weep for posterity, and regret that my descendants that never meet me may think that I was like you, and didn't care about them or their world not to take precautions. You have no moral right to risk doing this to them:
http://roadtickle.com/the-worst-things-that-g...

And I blame your church in large part. It continually chips away at the nation's trust in and understanding of science and climate scientists. And it teaches you to think of "the world" as a bad place, where bad things are supposed to happen to man, where whatever happens is the will of a god that intends to destroy it all in conflagration anyway. Look at this amazingly repulsive comment:

“We don't have to protect the environment. The Second Coming is at hand”- James Watt, Secretary of the Interior under Reagan.

Secretary of the Interior. The highest officer in the land dedicated to safeguarding America's natural resources. An end times lunatic appointed by a president that you likely idolize.

We can't afford the luxury of this kind of stupidity much longer.
endtime

AOL

#565376 Nov 24, 2012

PROOF Obama's ReElection = ANTICHRIST_______

&fe ature=plcp

Fennario

#565377 Nov 24, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Uh oh.... You're gonna piss off the dark matter believers with that kinda talk! It isn't testable. It isn't visible.....
Dark matter is observable, but indirectly, like black holes (observable in this context means detectable, not visible). Both are known by their effects on ordinary matter.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Neither are emotions. Maybe those are all made up, too?
Emotions are extremely observable, but once again, not with the eyes. They're hard to miss. I can only see mine directly.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Besides, what kind of natural testing would suffice for a supernatural being? Figure that out.
There is no difference between undetectable in the strongest sense of the word - not detectable from any vantage point by any direct or indirect means - and nonexistent.

If your god has any effect on reality, we'll find it. If it doesn't, the idea of it is meaningless.

Fennario

#565380 Nov 24, 2012
Just Results wrote:
And we are not required to provide you proof of anything.....especially proof of God.
Nobody has any burden to prove anything to anybody except he that wishes to change minds. If you're happy with the status quo, you have no burden.

On the other hand, if you have any desire to slow your church's descent into irrelevancy, you might want to speak up. I'd recommend sooner rather thanlater, as your numbers - and with it your voice - are fading fast.

Fennario

#565381 Nov 24, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>I kinda like Jehu, son of Nimshi.
First person I know cited for reckless driving.
Good one. I'll add that to Dorcas and Nimrod

"He has reached them, but he isn't coming back either. The driving is like that of Jehu son of Nimshi--he drives like a madman." 2 Kings 9:20
[00:24 clip of George Carlin on bad drivers]
Henry

Flöha, Germany

#565382 Nov 24, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Dark matter is observable, but indirectly, like black holes (observable in this context means detectable, not visible). Both are known by their effects on ordinary matter.
<quoted text>
Emotions are extremely observable, but once again, not with the eyes. They're hard to miss. I can only see mine directly.
<quoted text>
There is no difference between undetectable in the strongest sense of the word - not detectable from any vantage point by any direct or indirect means - and nonexistent.
If your god has any effect on reality, we'll find it. If it doesn't, the idea of it is meaningless.
God never existed!
Disgusted

Tallmadge, OH

#565383 Nov 24, 2012
Zen Master Ein wrote:
In 2012, Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary reported that globally every day there are 800 less atheists per day, 1,100 less non-religious (agnostic) people per day and 83,000 more people professing to be Christians per day.[42][43]

In 2011, the American Spectator citing research published in the International Bulletin of Missionary Research reported that atheism is on the decline as a whole in terms of adherents .[44][45]
The American Spectator declared:
Yes, because as we all know, Christian organizations can always be counted on to deliver accuracy and truth when it comes to statistics that deal with the defense of their own religion.

*chuckle*
Henry

Flöha, Germany

#565384 Nov 24, 2012
Zen Master Ein wrote:
<quoted text>Only weed, wow, you are a poor piece of crap and you brag about three girls. Get it right, it was four, including satan. Sure, you don't get drunk, idiot, you were here bragging about being drunk a few days ago.
Also, if you don't get drunk, then it is not an addiction, but a deliberate pissing in the face of Jesus, which makes you a sorry piece of cumquat.
Jesus has not the faintest idea of a god. There never ever any god at all!

Fennario

#565385 Nov 24, 2012
Zen Master Ein wrote:
John Calvert, a lawyer and intelligent design proponent declared:“The Seventh Judicial Circuit of the Court of Appeals of the United States held that atheism is a religion. Therefore, it cannot be promoted by a public school. Currently, public schools are often unwittingly promoting atheism through a dogmatic and uncritical teaching of materialistic theories of origins.
If that's correct, it looks like you got outmaneuvered again by a minority, huh?

If we can do all the things you say we can even as a minority, you need us running the show.

Fennario

#565386 Nov 24, 2012
Zen Master Ein wrote:
The American Spectator declared:“The report estimates about 80,000 new Christians every day, 79,000 new Muslims every day, and 300 fewer atheists every day. These atheists are presumably disproportionately represented in the West, while religion is thriving in the Global South, where charismatic Christianity is exploding."
International Politics, GOV 207
http://faculty.ucc.edu/egh-damerow/global_sou...

"The Global North refers to the 57 countries with high human development that have a Human Development Index above .8 as reported in the United Nations Development Programme Report 2005. Most, but not all, of these countries are located in the Northern Hemisphere.

"The Global South refers to the countries of the rest of the world, most of which are located in the Southern Hemisphere. It includes both countries with medium human development (88 countries with an HDI less than .8 and greater than .5) and low human development (32 countries with an HDI of less than .5)."

How proud you must be! You are making inroads among the least successful nations that know the least about the history of Christianity, and which are populated with the least sophisticated most desperate people.

You are more successful proselytizing on Skid Row and Death Row than Restaurant Row because you do better with the desperate.

And you are more successful in rural America than in its metropolitan regions because you do better with the undereducated and unsophisticated.

Fennario

#565387 Nov 24, 2012
Mark wrote:
Prove there is not [a god].
Why bother? Who would benefit from it?

Skeptics already reject religion without such proof, so they wouldn't benefit from it. And you throwbacks don't do evidence. If there were a race of creator gods, and they appeared on earth tomorrow, you'd still cling to your superstitions as you lie curled in the fetal position screaming, "Get thee behind me, Satan!" at your actual creators.

So once again, why bother?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 7 min River Tam 92,719
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 54 min MUQ2 286,086
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 57 min MUQ2 46,040
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 1 hr MUQ2 1,101
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr truth 667,942
London TV viewers fixed on trump Inaugural process 3 hr truth 7
rajkot to chotila gey sex (Nov '15) 4 hr raj 37
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 7 hr lisw 183,629
More from around the web