Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#565165 Nov 23, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Bad christians do.
They're still christians.
INcorrect.

Christianity is the following of Christ.
if call yourself a follower of Christ (Christian) and you go kill someone, you are clearly not a Christian.

you can not be a follower of Christ and take life. The bible calls those people "wolves in sheeps clothing" "Apostates"
there is no such thing as a 'good and bad' Christian
you either are, or you aren't.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#565166 Nov 23, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
You have much more in common with a Muslim than I do.
You both embrace magic, mythology, superstition, dogma, and ritual. I don't.
You both grovel before an imagined angry, capricious, petty, sadistic, murderous, judgmental, Semitic desert god complete with its pantheon of demons and angels.
You both believe in an afterlife and a reward. I don't.
You each attend Mosques or churches, and obey the imams or priests there. I don't.
You each have an ancient holy book filled with hatred, tribalism, violence, and failed morals upon which to base your lives. I don't.
Christians are just a camel and a prayer cloth removed from being Muslims. Secular humanists have better ideas.
One would think that Jews, Christians and Muslims would see the strategic and tactical advantages to be gained by setting aside what are, after all, fairly minor doctrinal differences and uniting under a common banner.

*shudder*

The Borderland of Sol

#565167 Nov 23, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
living longer is not 'immortality'.
Adam was 930 years old when he died
(Gen 5:5)
it is appoint to ALL men to die once and then the judgment.
Your soul is immortal, your physical body which was created from the earth will go back to the earth.
but your soul will live forever.
930?

*helpless laughter*

The Borderland of Sol

#565168 Nov 23, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
INcorrect.
if call yourself a follower of Christ (Christian) and you go kill someone, you are clearly not a Christian.
you can not be a follower of Christ and take life. The bible calls those people "wolves in sheeps clothing" "Apostates"
Oh, Patty, Patty.

"You should have been the king's jester and earned your bread, and stripes too, by mimicking his consellors"...

The Borderland of Sol

#565169 Nov 23, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
INcorrect.
Neither your Christ nor his daddy had any problems at all killing people.

In arbitrarily large numbers, in the Old Man's case.

Murder is an entirely different thing.

What ARE you reading?

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

#565170 Nov 23, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
UIF, there has only been a few billion total people ever lived throughout history. Not even one of those several billion people has ever confirmed that a god exists, so that point is totally, 100% false. If, in fact, any of them, even one, had absolutely confirmed that a god exists, then we wouldn't be having this thread.
You have used that same argument for there being a God; that if a God was proved to not exist, we wouldn't have this debate. Well God has not been proved not to exist, and likely such a proof is impossible, and always will be. However, it has been proved without an element of doubt that many things that you believe, taken from the Bible, are not true. That also is true, and cannot be changed.
You have been using the argument that humans cannot take credit for the creation of the universe, for well over 3 years now. Who gave you the thought that any human has ever taken credit for the creation of the universe? Who put the idea into your head that making such an argument is a proof of a god?
It isn't a proof of a god. It doesn't even come into the same ballpark as a proof of a god. What humans cannot do has absolutely nothing to do with a proof of a god.
but you see they have.

over 44 authors of the bible either heard the voice in an audible voice, or was given visions and dreams, or wittness the Son of God on this earth.
proof WAS given, God made sure of it.
His instructions, laws, statutes, psalms, historical events, prophecy, etc etc etc......... was given by God so that mankind would know.

now here is the thing, people like you who have chosen the world over God, who have freely chosen to 'not acknowledge' God, are closed off to the abilities to see God in the spirit.
and yes, there have been billions of people since the begining of time who have known God because they sought God.
you have not chosen to do that.
so here you are protesting and casting doubts because of how YOU feel PERSONALLY.

It comes down to each one of us being personally responsible for our relationship with God, our faith, our belief, our souls well being.
it is a personal decision.
you have made yours, so allow others to make theirs.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

#565171 Nov 23, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>You are a bigger fool than you've already proven to be if you think all scientists agree with each other. They don't. And that is a BIG part of the reason why the scientific field is a very competitive field.
don't cha just love to catch up on the daily news?

just read an artical published in the Miami Herald, where Dade County has REINSTATED PRAYER! they can pray before their meetings again.
yea!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
feces for jesus

East Meadow, NY

#565172 Nov 23, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does your atheism make you so hateful?
Do you think everyone that disagrees with you is an atheist? Lose the empty judgements and maybe we'll talk.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#565173 Nov 23, 2012
<quoted text>
What I discovered one day is that it's not the separation of church and state that I am most grateful for. It's keeping the church out of government, and 100% subordinate to the state and its laws. That's what matters. It's the separation of the church and me that I really matters most to me, and I rely on government to maintain that.
Without that, there would be nothing to stop the church from resuming its old ways. If the state were to separate itself from the affairs of the church entirely, there is no reason to believe that they would not begin torturing us again immediately. Suppose Pat Robertson wants to burn a lesbian at the stake for the being an abomination unto the Lord. Should government interfere? Of course. That's why we need the government to protect us from the church.
And to those that consider this exaggeration or overkill, let me ask you this : When in history was the church ever empowered to torture and kill, but chose not to exercise that power?
Sure, it's been centuries since anybody was burned for heresy in North America. But that's because secular government, informed by humanist values, insisted on it when it outlawed that form of religious expression.
The last time witch burning was legal on this continent, you could hear their anguished screams and if downwind, smell their charred flesh.
I have zero doubt that if the state separated itself from the church, and that power were restored to it, you'd smell 'em again the first day that it was legal, and this guy would volunteer to light the match:
Just Results wrote: "Hell was created for their god Satan and for them to suffer in, and I'm thankful that they will suffer there endlessly for their heinous hatred and ruthless bitter deception."
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE...
Is there any reason to doubt that? Any evidence to the contrary?
I like the church being under the boot of the government and the rule of law. In fact, I depend on it. And I think that we all should be calling for even greater oversight, especially regarding tax exemptions for the church and the pedophilic priests.
I guess you don't know that the Bill of Rights says. Nothing about "separation", just that CONGRESS can't establish an official religion or prohibit anyone from worshiping as they see fit.

It DOESN'T say no Christmas displays in the town square, no Ten Commandments in a courthouse, no prayer in school, or any of the other things that the revisionists and activist judges have ruled in the last 20-30 years.

"Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between man and his God, that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship, that the legislative powers of government reach actions only, and not opinions, I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof, thus building a wall of separation between church and State." -Thomas Jefferson.

I REALLY should start charging you....

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
feces for jesus

East Meadow, NY

#565174 Nov 23, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Your soul is immortal, your physical body which was created from the earth will go back to the earth.
Hey look, another fundie post filled with unprovable, laughable garbage!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#565175 Nov 23, 2012
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Treaties aren't debunked or rewritten. Once ratified, treaties are either honored or violated, They may be superceded, terminated, extended, and the like.
What would be your point anyway? Do you ever just come out and plainly make an affirmative statement or take a firm position? What are you claiming invalidates what, and why? I'm assuming at this juncture that the reason you chose such vague language is that you are either lying or confused.
My point is that the treaty of tripoli was merely a political stunt to curb the Muslim pirates. That's why it was changed.

Sort if that bursts your little bubble.

FYI - In the Arabic text, there is no article 11.........

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#565176 Nov 23, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
I love how some people bend over backwards and give themselves a rim job , rather than admit the errors in the historical book of fiction.
It's interest if that atheists will go to extraordinary lengths to try and "disprove" the Bible.

The same Bible they say is myth....

Y'alls is cute.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#565177 Nov 23, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Hehehe.
Hi, Al.
Hi Mac! I hope your Thanksgiving was excellent!

#565178 Nov 23, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmpf. I get drunk no matter how little I drink. I am now jealous of your drinking.
Well then you'll have to visit me in Rancho Cucamonga and practice drinking with me. Practice makes perfect.

#565179 Nov 23, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
We may disagree, but I do like your attitude. Peace and harmony to you.
Thank you Kitten! And peace be with you as well.
This just proves that its ok to disagree with each other as long as we don't disrespect each others point of view.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#565181 Nov 23, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Depends on what you consider "long". I'm sure that's a small number to you.
It's different for some men...
<quoted text>
LMAO! "illegaly".... That's why God is all over our country.
More tissues?
So, which christian religion will be the one? Amish? Yeah, the god referred to on the money is all Amish, and your version of the religion is now illegal, everyone has to be Amish now.

#565182 Nov 23, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>

isn't your soul your physical body?
Genesis 2:7
Matthew 22:37
Matthew 26:38
Psalm 33:19
Psalm 63:1
Revelation 16:3

I surely understand that SOUL IN EVERY INSTANCE RELATES TO A LIVING BEING which, HUNGERS, THIRSTS, SINS, SORROWS AND DIES. This destroys the MYTH OF THE IMMORTAL SOUL. The long standing challenge thus remains.. "PROVIDE FROM THE WORD OF GOD, THE WORDS IMMORTAL SOUL coupled together". Some would claim Solomon did this in another way when he wrote..."Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was; and THE SPIRIT SHALL RETURN TO GOD who gave it".(Ecc.12:7).

The concept of an immaterial soul separate from and surviving the body is common today but was not found in ancient Hebrew beliefs.The word nephesh never means an immortal soul or an incorporeal part of the human being that can survive death of the body as the spirit of dead, although the related concept ruah, traditionally translated "spirit", is often used in this sense, as in Ecclesiastes 8:8: "There is no man that hath power over the spirit (ruah) to retain the spirit (ruah), neither hath he power in the day of death."

So the soul simply stated is a living person.
And the soul does die.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#565183 Nov 23, 2012
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then you'll have to visit me in Rancho Cucamonga and practice drinking with me. Practice makes perfect.
Careful, Al......

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#565184 Nov 23, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So, which christian religion will be the one? Amish? Yeah, the god referred to on the money is all Amish, and your version of the religion is now illegal, everyone has to be Amish now.
"the god referred to on the money is all Amish"

????????

Whatcha smokin' today, Koder?
Henry

Wildenfels, Germany

#565185 Nov 23, 2012
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
isn't your soul your physical body?
Genesis 2:7
Matthew 22:37
Matthew 26:38
Psalm 33:19
Psalm 63:1
Revelation 16:3
I surely understand that SOUL IN EVERY INSTANCE RELATES TO A LIVING BEING which, HUNGERS, THIRSTS, SINS, SORROWS AND DIES. This destroys the MYTH OF THE IMMORTAL SOUL. The long standing challenge thus remains.. "PROVIDE FROM THE WORD OF GOD, THE WORDS IMMORTAL SOUL coupled together". Some would claim Solomon did this in another way when he wrote..."Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was; and THE SPIRIT SHALL RETURN TO GOD who gave it".(Ecc.12:7).
The concept of an immaterial soul separate from and surviving the body is common today but was not found in ancient Hebrew beliefs.The word nephesh never means an immortal soul or an incorporeal part of the human being that can survive death of the body as the spirit of dead, although the related concept ruah, traditionally translated "spirit", is often used in this sense, as in Ecclesiastes 8:8: "There is no man that hath power over the spirit (ruah) to retain the spirit (ruah), neither hath he power in the day of death."
So the soul simply stated is a living person.
And the soul does die.
Not the slightest idea of a soul ever!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min Bongo 119,058
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 20 min _KENTUCKY 678,980
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 30 min manapua 2,525
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr curtjester1 46,211
Why does everyone claim that they are native am... (May '09) 2 hr Anonymous 28
Illegal to hoard or store extra food under USA ... (Jun '08) 3 hr Wanderer 27
traveling back in time 4 hr NewsYTube 3
More from around the web