“O'si yo!”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#564847 Nov 21, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Lucky me then!
Or does this mean the lake of fire?
if you think eternal hell makes you lucky then far be it from me to try to pry you off the back of that buzzard.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#564848 Nov 21, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
And you said you "promote irreligiosity"...
Liar.
Apparently he's trying to be funny; something that he doesn't do very well in spite of the effort. You can't force funny; either you are, or you aren't.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#564849 Nov 21, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahaha! Are you for real?
Wait, got to hear this again:
"The bible is the single most historically accurate book in all of time"
Okay. Challenge accepted!
1) Show us a talking snake
2) Show us, by means of DNA analysis, that the human population on earth, 6000 years ago, was 2.
3) Show us by means of geological analysis, where the flood deposit is for Noah's flood
4) Please show us 900 year old people
5) Please demonstrate that you can summon beams of fire from the sky
6) Demonstrate bringing a person dead for three days back to life
7) Demonstrate destroying a city wall by blowing on a few ram's horns
8) Demonstrate food falling from the sky
That's all for now.
1. Snakes don't talk. But Satan does.
2. 6,000 years? Ugh, again....?
3. Everywhere.
4. Show you? Dead people? Creepy.
5. Humans can't do that, but God can.
6. Jesus was more than a "person".
7. Give me the ark of the covenant, a bull horn & God's power & I'll show ya.
8. What goes up must come down.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#564850 Nov 21, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No you don't. You have a one track mind. You think you're the one-all be-all. You are untrainable & unlearnable.
Unlearnable?

Yeah. You're ok.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#564851 Nov 21, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
1. how can there be no EVIDENCE supporting a deity?
CAN YOU take credit for the creation of the universe, and
intelligent LIFE?
2. since you can not take credit for how it came to be, since you
can't re-create anything from scratch, since you can't explain
away miracles, prophecy, artifacts that support that prophecy
Christ and His many eyewitnesses, and the personal experiences
of billions of people through out history, then you have no
reason to say with any certainity there is no God.
you don't know.
3. thats right you don't, but if you were wise you would.
there is plenty of evidence of the Big Bang, especially the cosmic background radiation

http://map.gsfc.nasa.gov/universe/bb_tests_cm...

Please list your so called miracles and evidence that they actually occurred (outside of the bible)

what prophecies????

please list all those eyewitnesses, outside the bible of course

please refer me to any historical documents written at the time of "Jesus" that document the existence of Jesus, outside the bible of course

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#564852 Nov 21, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
I did mate - I have faced discrimination as well. Please try and remember that depending on the which side of the fence one is standing, it will change the view
Understood and accepted.

I have also faced discrimination. I don't wish it on anyone.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#564853 Nov 21, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you!
Getting any pink eye lately?
http://drewcarpenter.net/wp-content/uploads/2...

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#564854 Nov 21, 2012
TheUndying132 wrote:
<quoted text>
1: all of those have been confirmed by historical records of the civilizations which they affected, and they are all specific instances in which god needed to intervene on the normal physics and structure of things. They are not reproduce able unless such a situationis called for again, which may or may not happen. As for nine hundred year old people, they were the first humans, nearly immortal as they had just fallen from perfection. Gf created them with that capacity, but the reason why they are no longer is because, as the bible states, god saw that sin was too great and therefore limited their lifetime to I believe 125 years, but that age may not be exact don't quote it. As for the flood, it encompassed the entire earth, and it's deposits and evidences are throughout the world in nearly every large geological structure. The greatest example is the Grand Canyon, which having been studied extensively shows that according to the layers of rock, etc. and the fossils within it, it must have been formed ver quickly, as so every soft creature such as jellyfish were fossilized there. This could not have happened over LNG periods of time because the jellyfish would have deteriorated before fossilization could have occurred. This is only one example, but it is quite clear that the only way this could have happened is for a large, catastrophic even to demo all the same and layers of stone that make it up in a very short period of time. These types of things are shows throughout the world. And one theory for the flood, outside of the theory that God simply summoned mass amounts of water, is that the tectonic plates shifted, and the ocean floor, being coke and dense, be an to sink into the soft mantle, speed yup as the friction cause more rocky melt. This pushed up large amounts of molten roc from the mantle betweentectonicplates, which poured into the Sara and caused massive amounts of steam and vapor to be dumped into the atmosphere, causing extreme and consistent rainfall for LNG enough to flood the earth. This rainfall caused the mainland and the sea floor to realign and the sea floor to rise, further pouring water onto the earth. Have fun. Also, much of this could be an act of god, if you actually believed, then it would make perfect sense.
i suggest you start with a basic 9th grade Physical Science class

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#564855 Nov 21, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Apparently he's trying to be funny; something that he doesn't do very well in spite of the effort. You can't force funny; either you are, or you aren't.
Yup. And in his case, you can't fix stupid.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#564856 Nov 21, 2012
TheUndying132 wrote:
<quoted text>
1: all of those have been confirmed by historical records of the civilizations which they affected, and they are all specific instances in which god needed to intervene on the normal physics and structure of things. They are not reproduce able unless such a situationis called for again, which may or may not happen. As for nine hundred year old people, they were the first humans, nearly immortal as they had just fallen from perfection. Gf created them with that capacity, but the reason why they are no longer is because, as the bible states, god saw that sin was too great and therefore limited their lifetime to I believe 125 years, but that age may not be exact don't quote it.
"They are not reproduce able unless such a situationis called for again, which may or may not happen."
- Isn't speculating fun?

"As for nine hundred year old people, they were the first humans, nearly immortal as they had just fallen from perfection."
- Incorrect - Moses was quite removed from "the fall" by the time these books were written.
- Do you have a citation that is external to the Bible that states what you have. maybe something from teh Sumerian texts?

"Gf created them with that capacity, but the reason why they are no longer is because, as the bible states, god saw that sin was too great and therefore limited their lifetime to I believe 125 years, but that age may not be exact don't quote it."

- you stated "but the reason why...." - shows you are certain, but then you write, "as the Bible states" - which shows your dependancy upon a someone else's statement.
- Are you confused? Do you have a citation that supports the age limit of men?

According to these facts - you are incorrect:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_expectancy

In some cases life expectancy may increase with age as the individual survives the higher mortality rates associated with childhood. For instance, the table above listed life expectancy at birth in Medieval Britain at 30. A male member of the English aristocracy at the same period could expect to live, having survived until the age of 21[18]:

1200-1300 C.E.: 43 years (to age 64)
1300-1400 C.E.: 34 years (to age 55)(due to the impact of the Black Death)
1400-1500 C.E.: 48 years (to age 69)
1500-1550 C.E.: 50 years (to age 71).
In general, the available data indicate that longer lifespans became more common recently in human evolution.[10][23] This increased longevity is attributed by some writers to cultural adaptations rather than genetic evolution,[24] although some research indicates that during the Neolithic Revolution natural selection favored increased longevity.[11] Nevertheless, all researchers acknowledge the effect of cultural adaptations upon life expectancy.[23]

Albuquerque, NM

#564857 Nov 21, 2012
and additional info I meant to include:

Era Life Expectancy at Birth (years)
Life Expectancy at Older Age
Upper Paleolithic 33 At age 15, life expectancy an additional 39 years (total age 54).[9][10]

Neolithic[11] 20

Bronze Age and Iron Age[12] 26

Albuquerque, NM

#564858 Nov 21, 2012
If anything, the age of humans is increasing with knowledge of how to live longer.

I wonder why "God" hasn't given us immortality sooner?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#564859 Nov 21, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
LMMFAO!!!
Y'all athitards come up with something new all the time...
Oh boy...
Too much to wrap that tiny brain around, eh?
Theistslowingdow nhumanity

Galway, Ireland

#564860 Nov 21, 2012
United in faith, as your name suggests you are devoutly religious. Under your name it says 'walking into the light'... You have 918 posts in one month which is roughly 30 pper day.

Riversideredneck, the same goes for you. You have an average of about 58 posts per day.

You clearly regard yourselfs as some kind of militant religious missionaries. Please stop shoving your outdated religious views down other peoples throats.

Just because you have come to your silly conclusions about life in a religious way doesn't mean everyone else has to.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#564861 Nov 21, 2012
U R a Coward wrote:
Coward
KittenKoder wrote:
Coming from a christian, that means I'm doing something right.
Speaking of cowardice, you might not have known that this is at least the 37th sock (literally; I can produce 37 names) this Northern Californian troll has returned to these threads wearing. His IP address varies between Red Bluff, Chico, Redding, Clayton, and Paradise, CA. You may know him as “ARGUING with IDIOTS,” a relatively recent sock. Here are a few others. As you can tell from his names, he tends to be dismissive:

"U R WRONG AGAIN - Chico, CA "
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/thibodaux-la/...

"Just in case U forgot - Chico, CA"
http://www.topix.com/forum/state/la/T9QUH2OMJ...

"U make stupid look smart - Chico, CA"
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TUGI0DV...

I call sock posting cowardice because there is only one reason to change names repeatedly, and that is to dissociate yourself from your prior posting. And I am aware of no good reason to do that except that your prior posting reflects poorly on you, and you wish to escape any opprobrium that you may have earned in the past.

“you must not give faith”

UK

#564862 Nov 21, 2012
I know this isn't proof or disproof of God and yes I am a strong atheist (I'll explain what that means later) but I want to point out something I think is important, where the burden of proof lies to show this I’ll an analogy.

Imagine a small locked box that you and three friends have found we will name them Bill, Jeb and Bob. Bill says “I know what is in the box, a T Rex!” Your reaction would clearly be surprised that he knew such a thing so you ask “how do you know?” To which he replies “I don't need to tell you how you need to disprove it” you retort “I don't need to prove anything I haven't made a claim!”“Yes you have” Bill says “because you asked how I know I can safely assume you don't believe in the T Rex so you make the statement of disbelief”. Before you can object Jeb interrupts you saying “no Bill disbelief is not a position, believing that the T Rex doesn't exist is a position and saying I cannot believe in the T Rex is not the same as believing that doesn't exist, for saying I cannot believe in the T Rex leaves open the possibility for (readers name) to say I also cannot believe that the T Rex does not exist.” Bill is a little confused after that so he said “but there's only two options exists or it doesn't”“quite right” Jeb said “but one can still not believe in the T Rex and also not believe it does not exist, for you see if both sides can’t prove their side right one has no obligation to one of the other, but despite that one must say I cannot believe in the T Rex”, Bill is now even more confused “how can both sides not be able to prove their side?”, you finally getting at what Jeb is getting to use say “because something can be unknown and perhaps also unknowable, if something is unknown then you cannot say either way if the T Rex does or does not exist as you don't have enough information if something is unknowable then you will never get enough information” unfortunately you kept talking and added “I think because the box is locked we will never know if the T Rex exists”, Jeb raised an eyebrow saying “just because something is unknown doesn't mean it’s unknowable we may find the key or be able to pick the lock or destroy the lock or…”“Measure the damn thing!” Bob shouted “a T Rex can't fit in this” and that that the debate was over.

Do you see the four different positions you and your friends took; Bill believed the T Rex existed, you disbelieve in a T Rex because you thought you would never know if it did, Jeb disbelieved because he thought the existence of the T Rex is something unknown and Bob believes that the T Rex can not exist. These four positions are universal on all philosophical questions; the believer in X’s truth/existence, the disbeliever in X’s truth/existence due to X’s truth/existence being unknowable, the disbeliever in X’s truth/existence due to X’s truth/existence being unknown and the believer in X’s falsehood/nonexistence. The second and third positions contained to different variations of agnosticism strong agnosticism which states X unknowable and weak agnosticism which states X is unknown, but both causes disbelief. So let's apply this to God and call each of the four positions accordingly; theists/deist one who believes in God's existence, the weak atheist due to strong agnosticism one who disbelieves in God's existence due to its existence being unknowable, the weak atheist due to weak agnosticism one who disbelieves in God's existence due to its existence being unknown and the strong atheist one who believes that God does not exist. Bear in mind that there is no one definition of God and which position you are in depends on how you define God.

Now can we please no longer any burden shifting thank you.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#564863 Nov 21, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
NO. Good CHRISTIANS do NOT kill.
Bad christians do.

They're still christians.

“you must not give faith”

UK

#564864 Nov 21, 2012
Now can we please no longer do any burden shifting thank you.
sorry.

Fennario

#564865 Nov 21, 2012
Lil Ticked wrote:
Theist
Only recently, since embracing faith as advised. I have faith in Dreamtime Snake. I guess than makes me a theist now, although it has had little effect on my posting.

Fennario

#564866 Nov 21, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
A whopper of a post, amigo!
Gracias.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
..........."What's your name??.........." 11 min Doctor REALITY 12
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 12 min marge 584,146
Doctor REALITY'S personal music favorites!!!!! 14 min Doctor REALITY 4
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 20 min lightbeamrider 2,263
horny girls want to text???? (Mar '14) 34 min iknowcelecki 36
This ~ or ~ That? (game) (Dec '12) 35 min andet1987 1,798
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 36 min Rick in Kansas 270,660
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 42 min River Tam 3,428
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr His Eminency dr S... 611,846
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 hr duststorm 442,863
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 5 hr karvinman 176,528
More from around the web