Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#564628 Nov 20, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right, I try to make myself clear, but I'm better at speaking my thoughts than typing them.
Yes I've seen the 700 club AND heard the wackos on the radio, but I haven't heard them try to put fear into people about going to hell & burning forever is they don't folow along.
What do you think they're implying when they talk about hell? And I'm sure if I wanted to, I could easily find a clip of Pat Robertson threatening people with hell. This is the guy that blamed the disaster in Haiti on the wrath of god.

“The Intrepid”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#564629 Nov 20, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What, is she 28 years old & the five Samoans are 3 years old?
lol...the average, caffeinated 8 year old can take me down.

Location hidden

#564630 Nov 20, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder who will.
<quoted text>
That's an interesting area to speculate on. When the Christian begin to experience their enfeeblement, they will likely want react to that. Would they resort to something devastating like nuclear or germ warfare? I don't care to put them to the test.
There will undoubtedly continue to be assorted attacks against individuals and private property, but if skeptics retaliate violently, that could get ugly.
I expect plenty of whining about our irrational anger and their persecution, but nothing valid. Once reality has set in, I expect them to start trying to appeal to our sense of fair play, which would be a disaster for them if we actually did give them justice instead of mercy.
We'll see. It promises to be fascinating.
I don't think it would go that far (large scale attacks). However, you can never discount the prospect of a lone crazy guy with a lot of money and time.

Anyways, once the ball is in "our" court, I think the wrong move would be to try and punish them for any wrongdoings. I think if they perceive an "attack," that will only make the going harder, but if they are allowed to slowly fade to irrelevance, things might be a little more peaceful. They should be ignored, and in certain cases reprimanded (like if one lets a child die during a faith healing session), but not persecuted. I don't think that's what you were getting at, I'm just saying.

As you said, it should be fascinating.

Location hidden

#564631 Nov 20, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
So you think I mean that you think you don't believe in God?
I haven't said that. I've never said that.
I said that atheists believe there is no god.
See the diff?
No dude. This is hopeless. Forget it.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#564632 Nov 20, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
timn..... Stop, please stop. I KNOW there is more than one type of atheist.
www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/atheism
a : a disbelief in the existence of deity.
b : the doctrine that there is no deity.
Regardless of how you wanna doctor it up, atheists BELIEVE what they BELIEVE.
I say this because they do NOT know that God is fake. They only believe it.
Atheist's Statement.

1. There is no evidence supporting the existence of a deity.

2. Therefore, there is no reason to believe in one.

3. Therefore, I don't.

Try to keep up. That's not a doctrine, and it's about as much as I can dumb the thing down for you.

READ.

The Borderland of Sol

#564633 Nov 20, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't see that she kills.....
Nor did Charlie Manson. What's your point?

Her faithful followers, good Christians all, DO kill.

Location hidden

#564634 Nov 20, 2012
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>I can't concede on that. I mean when we know nothing absolute and when we know nothing about 't = 0', and when consciousness is something that is already in existence and not nearly completely understood, then 'conscious absolute reality'*is* as good a guess as any other. Hey, basically we have two guesses for a foundation of reality; either finite or infinite. And also, conscious or unconscious. Is our consciousness an illusion? That I won't buy so easily.
But I do understand your reasoning for your belief. I just don't share it. I think the difference between my belief and yours is rooted in whether to believe consciousness is part of something bigger/eternal or not. You have your ways of justifying it and I have mine I suppose.
People get easily duped into thinking science shows anything definate about the origins of consciousness. Just because we aren't able to sense any other conscious reality doesn't mean there isn't one.
Just like virtual particles blip off our radar, why couldn't the same be with the true origins of consciousness?
I wouldn't call what I think about the universe a belief. I don't dismiss consciousness as a fundamental force. Maybe it is. I sometimes wonder if maybe consciousness is "the" fundamental force of the universe, and that we, with our sufficiently advanced minds, "tap" into it like a magnet "taps" into EM. However, there is no evidence for this pipe dream of mine, so I don't allow it to progress from the folder labeled "fun stuff to daydream about" in my mind. If such evidence is forthcoming, I would gladly rearrange my perspective. For now, inferring that consciousness is responsible for what happened at t=0 is not something I am willing to entertain as a serious possibility.

The Borderland of Sol

#564635 Nov 20, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is ignorance so rampant here?
God, from wiki. The very first line:
This article is about the term "God" in the context of monotheism and henotheism. For the general concept of a "god", see Deity.
There is a clear difference when one types God vs when they type god.
It's really pathetic that you athitards are too afraid to admit that.
I'm sure that in your mind, your deity merits special attention, since he's, well, yours.

Wait, that's his only qualification?

You might wanna rethink that.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#564636 Nov 20, 2012
OCB wrote:
RR, you are either stupid, drunk or both. You have proven WAY too many times that you do not remember what you say. I can only attribute that to one of the above or a combination of the two.
He denied it to me, but I'm pretty sure that he's posting intoxicated part of the time based on the intermittent personality swings and his sudden drops in function.

He seems to not know what he has posted in that state. He seems to not go back and look. I'm sure that it represents a recurring problem for him. I'm pretty sure that he can tell us about many relationships that he's effed up in that state.

Location hidden

#564637 Nov 20, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
I would encourage you to read the many letters and speeches where the majority of our founding fathers spoke OFTEN about God and how important God was in the protection and prosperity of this nation.
They were always refering to God and scripture and yes christianity to, as being vital to the foundation of what America stood for.
Is this really the infamous patty that the legends speak about? Has she spoken to me?

“The Intrepid”

Location hidden

#564638 Nov 20, 2012
karl44 wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe if the nipple is bitten...
:)
<quoted text>
you would spank the child until they had an orgasm.
wtf is wrong with you?

Location hidden

#564639 Nov 20, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Like I said, it's the same ploy teens use to try and get under each others' skin. I laughed it off as a teen and I think it's just pathetic that an adult like you believes that tactic bothers any other adult. You are lame as an antagonist. Grow a set and act like an adult.
WTF are you talking about? I almost *never* capitalize proper nouns. It's just a bad habit. Not just proper nouns relating to christianity,*all* proper nouns.

If anything, this shows how petty and immature you are. You are actually getting upset that I'm not capitalizing your precious deities name. I promise you, I didn't even think anyone would notice and I definitely didn't intend to offend anyone, because I didn't imagine you guys would be offended by something so stupid. If you aren't bothered by it, why did you take the time to tell me how unfazed you are? Would you be crying about it if I didn't capitalize the almighty Zeus' name (I did that on purpose, gonna cry about it some more?)

Seriously, grow up.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#564640 Nov 20, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>What do you think they're implying when they talk about hell? And I'm sure if I wanted to, I could easily find a clip of Pat Robertson threatening people with hell. This is the guy that blamed the disaster in Haiti on the wrath of god.
You probably could. I've never paid much attention to guys like Pat. The "big church" guys always seem to be out for money, which is of course NOT what churches are for.

I stopped going to church roughly 15 years ago. I tried many of them, big and small. The small ones were always the best, to me. The last church I went to, I remember the dumb ass preacher telling the congregation that if you don't tithe God gets mad at you..... Gimme a f_ckin break. I gave up.

The best church I ever went to was actually in a field under a big canopy tree. No money was asked for & none was given.

My point is that a lot of people are really stupid & gullible. The fear of hell scares them into religion, but they're going about it all wrong. They don't realize that they might just find themselves in he'll anyway...

I don't fear hell. I never have. I guess it's cuz I've always known ill never go there, my place in heaven in a sure thing.

Location hidden

#564641 Nov 20, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Nobody cares enough about what you post to do a search of them.
You are mental.
If you don't care what I post, then why are you crying about the shift button on my keyboard? It would seem that you are *overly* concerned with my posting habits, right down to the letter, literally.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#564642 Nov 20, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
In the mid 1850's, the Mexicans that fought for freedom were so very proud once America took control of California. They were happy to finally be called Americans & finally be free. Nowadays, the decendants of those Americans fly a Mexican flag over their house, betraying the honor & dignity that their ancestors had. It makes me sick.
I notice that you only mentioned the Mexicans flying foreign flags. I'll bet a Redneck like you flies the stars and bars, or at the least, has no objection about others doing so. That's the flag of a now defunct nation that treasonously attacked the United States not long after those very same mid 1850's.

“The Intrepid”

Location hidden

#564643 Nov 20, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
she is an example of the harm of christian belief, I shall never forget her immorality.
Nobody makes you read her posts. You don't like it; don't read it.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#564644 Nov 20, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I don't think it would go that far (large scale attacks). However, you can never discount the prospect of a lone crazy guy with a lot of money and time.
Anyways, once the ball is in "our" court, I think the wrong move would be to try and punish them for any wrongdoings. I think if they perceive an "attack," that will only make the going harder, but if they are allowed to slowly fade to irrelevance, things might be a little more peaceful. They should be ignored, and in certain cases reprimanded (like if one lets a child die during a faith healing session), but not persecuted. I don't think that's what you were getting at, I'm just saying.
As you said, it should be fascinating.
You actually responded to that thing? Even after he said "When the Christian begin to experience their enfeeblement, they will likely want react to that."

ugh

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#564645 Nov 20, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>No dude. This is hopeless. Forget it.
Only because you refuse to acknowledge what I'm saying.

And that I'm right.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#564646 Nov 20, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Atheist's Statement.
1. There is no evidence supporting the existence of a deity.
2. Therefore, there is no reason to believe in one.
3. Therefore, I don't.
Try to keep up. That's not a doctrine, and it's about as much as I can dumb the thing down for you.
READ.
Right. There's no evidence, so they believe there is no god...

WTF is going on here?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#564647 Nov 20, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Nor did Charlie Manson. What's your point?
Her faithful followers, good Christians all, DO kill.
Do they? That was my point.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min June VanDerMark 560,477
U.S. Government Snatching Homes...Civil Unrest.... 8 min Truthspeaks19 5
Young People In North Carolina Need A Reality C... 12 min Truthspeaks19 4
Scientific proof for God's existence 15 min Shivar 50
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 18 min Pegasus 265,451
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 21 min Student 39,387
3 Word Game (Feb '12) 36 min Hatti_Hollerand 4,477
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 38 min killedjoe 4,896
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr truth 605,336
Straight guys: Would you ever have intercourse ... (Jul '12) 3 hr risque 137
More from around the web