Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that how it works to you? JR posts this & that and I get reamed for it?
You're not getting reamed for anything, RR- dial down your persecution complex meter, why don't you?

You said you have never heard a Christian threaten people with hell who don't believe in your god and that you have never seen that written.

So...AGAIN- you are either lying- considering just how many so-called Christians here HAVE written that of which JR is just one of MANY- or else you don't read much of what is posted here by your fellow Christians.

You got reamed for NOTHING- unless being told that you are WRONG and that MANY here have said and written what you claim you have never heard or read- is your idea of being reamed.

The REALITY is that MANY "Christians"- both on this thread AND in "real" life do indeed tell those who don't believe in their god that they will burn for all eternity in hell- and to add insult to injury, many of your fellow Christians who state just that do so GLEEFULLY.

Not that it really matters to those who don't believe in your hell any more than they believe in your god- the POINT is that saying such things to people is NOT at ALL Christian- not by a long shot.

What it is is mean, petty, vindictive and nasty, so considering how many Christians do indeed tell those who believe differently that they will burn in hell forever- and to tell them gleefully no less!- well, maybe that IS what it means to be a Christian- that of being mean, petty, vindictive and just plain nasty.

I do wonder how Christians who say what you claim you have never heard or read reconcile such ill feelings toward those who believe differently than they do to their supposed respect, adoration, reverence and love of their Jesus.

Makes them all sound like a bunch of mental cases- I am NOT saying that applies to YOU, RR, but I am quite puzzled as to why you would say you have never heard that or even read that when it can be found in SO many posts here by SO many who claim to be Christian.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that how it works to you? JR posts this & that and I get reamed for it?
BTW, is it how it works for YOU that yesterday I posted to you in response to your post about American schools in which I asked you if Asian Americans (born HERE) are any less American because many of them believe in a different god than Christians do and to which you did not reply?

I am assuming you saw that post of mine; if so, and because you didn't respond, I can now ONLY assume that you DO think Asian Americans are not as American as YOU are.

Do NOT ask me to find the post- it's here- it's from yesterday morning- either YOU find it or if you care to step up, you can answer the question now.

If you believe your god should be taught in American schools, why would that not include the gods of OTHER religions- including those who are Asian American and believe in Buddha?

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Good job!
<<CLAPS HANDS>>
You're learning!
A person can be indoctrinated into many beliefs, atheism is just one of many...
Atheism is not a belief.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know, man. I can honestly say that I haven't given the whole burning in hell thing too much thought. I wasn't scared into being a Christian. I chose to be one. I choose to enjoy and follow the teachings of Jesus.
Maybe you haven't. Think about it some more, and it should scare you. Then think about the fact that you told your kids, in no uncertain terms, that if they don't believe the same thing as you, they will go there forever. You might have said it nicely, you might have tried to lessen the blow - but if you tell something like that to a kid and that kid actually thinks about it, he or she will be scared.

And you chose to be on insofar as anyone has a choice about what they believe when they are born into a religious family. If you had grown up in a muslim family, you would be telling me that you "chose" to believe in the teachings of allah.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

"chose to believe" "on" shouldn't be there

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>BTW, is it how it works for YOU that yesterday I posted to you in response to your post about American schools in which I asked you if Asian Americans (born HERE) are any less American because many of them believe in a different god than Christians do and to which you did not reply?
I am assuming you saw that post of mine; if so, and because you didn't respond, I can now ONLY assume that you DO think Asian Americans are not as American as YOU are.
Do NOT ask me to find the post- it's here- it's from yesterday morning- either YOU find it or if you care to step up, you can answer the question now.
If you believe your god should be taught in American schools, why would that not include the gods of OTHER religions- including those who are Asian American and believe in Buddha?
hey if they're gonna teach Buddha, then they also need to discuss the Flying Spaghetti Monster and his teachings

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>

I have never heard a Christian say outloud, believe in God or else.... I've never seen it written, I've never heard i preached that way.
Have you missed Just Results' posts?

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
I do understand that you believe there is no god.
No, you don't understand.
uh-oh! There's that scary word again!
When you use the word, "understand", I dunno if I'd call it scary, but it is a bit humorous. I've gotten to the point where when you say you *understand*, it usually means that you don't.

I don't believe you'll ever get it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I do understand that you believe there is no god.
uh-oh! There's that scary word again!
You are frustrating. There is a difference between believing there is not a god and not believing in a god. It's an obvious distinction that should not be too hard to understand.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you missed Just Results' posts?
Seriously.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
its a forum dipwad.....that's what people do on forums....
BTW care to parse this sentence for me
At all.
is tweet a noun or a verb in "I don't tweet."
how bout Nor Facebook.
I know it's a forum, dipshit. But if you're gonna jump in and answer a question not asked to you, at least take the time to understand the context of the question.

You didn't understand?

ugh

I don't tweet, meaning I've never been on Twitter.
I haven't been on Facebook either.

Pretty simple, dude.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

OCB wrote:
You said you have never heard a Christian threaten people with hell who don't believe in your god and that you have never seen that written.
No I didn't. I said it hasn't happened to me. So the rest of your post is nonsense.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>BTW, is it how it works for YOU that yesterday I posted to you in response to your post about American schools in which I asked you if Asian Americans (born HERE) are any less American because many of them believe in a different god than Christians do and to which you did not reply?
Honestly I didn't see that post yesterday.

But, no. If Asians or Asian Americans want to live in America, they should learn American traditions and values. They have every right to believe in Buddha but they have no right to infringe on us.

If you moved to china, do you think you could get your drivers license in 100 languages? Nope. That's the stupid shit that some Americans want & somehow pass the laws. I'd guess, people like you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism is not a belief.
Ya I hear. It's a lack of belief... It's also a belief system based on the belief that there is no god.

That's what they believe, not what they know

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe you haven't. Think about it some more, and it should scare you. Then think about the fact that you told your kids, in no uncertain terms, that if they don't believe the same thing as you, they will go there forever. You might have said it nicely, you might have tried to lessen the blow - but if you tell something like that to a kid and that kid actually thinks about it, he or she will be scared.
And you chose to be on insofar as anyone has a choice about what they believe when they are born into a religious family. If you had grown up in a muslim family, you would be telling me that you "chose" to believe in the teachings of allah.
"think about the fact that you told your kids, in no uncertain terms, that if they don't believe the same thing as you,"

I have not said that. Your facts are not facts at all, they are your assumptions.

I know I've said that I haven't said that.

You chose to ignore it.

You classify Christians as "all the same".

You're an idiot who hasn't learned how to read properly.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Seriously.
See? You lump us all together.

"Because ONE does it, they must all do it".........

You people sicken me with your idiotic attitudes & assumptive behavior. No wonder why you can't find God, you already have all your answers and "facts"...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you don't understand.
<quoted text>
When you use the word, "understand", I dunno if I'd call it scary, but it is a bit humorous. I've gotten to the point where when you say you *understand*, it usually means that you don't.
I don't believe you'll ever get it.
No dude, the scawy word to you atheists is "believe". You think you don't have any. You think that word only means religious belief.

And yes, I DO understand that you believe there is no god.

Either you believe it, or you know it.

I know you don't know it, so it's your belief.

Deal with it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>You are frustrating. There is a difference between believing there is not a god and not believing in a god. It's an obvious distinction that should not be too hard to understand.
If I'm frustrating you then leave. No one's forcing you to stay.

"Believing there is not a god"
"Not believing in a god"

You can not read. I have never said that atheists don't believe in God. Ever. I've always said that they believe there is no God.

Either way, it's a f_ckin belief.

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Honestly I didn't see that post yesterday.
But, no. If Asians or Asian Americans want to live in America, they should learn American traditions and values. They have every right to believe in Buddha but they have no right to infringe on us.
If you moved to china, do you think you could get your drivers license in 100 languages? Nope. That's the stupid shit that some Americans want & somehow pass the laws. I'd guess, people like you.
Asian Americans are Americans. Why wouldn't they want to live in America? They are born in America just like people from European ancestry or any other ancestry. None of them have the right to infringe on any other. Keep the gods and buddhas out of my government, please.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Asian Americans are Americans. Why wouldn't they want to live in America? They are born in America just like people from European ancestry or any other ancestry. None of them have the right to infringe on any other. Keep the gods and buddhas out of my government, please.
If they were proud to be American, they'd leave their Asian culture at the door & adopt an American lifestyle, like they used to. People USED to be proud...

No problem, keep atheism out of my government, please.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 536,021 - 536,040 of715,610
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

505 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 4 min Johnny 1,342
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 6 min WasteWater 93,103
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 12 min confrinting with the word 529,565
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 12 min WasteWater 255,469
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 20 min Strength and Honor 171,377
Women hate disabled men and find them disgusting (Sep '08) 24 min bryan 61
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 24 min Zioni 114,497
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr BenAdam 598,695
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••