Prove there's a god.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#564749 Nov 20, 2012
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah....yeah...I know what Einstein believed. but no, I didn't wonder why I chose those names. I could put a whole lot of names on here of highly educated people...but they aren't famous, so you wouldn't have a clue who they are.
Now...about those statistics you were talking about. Where can I find them?
anywhere in the last 50 yrs where they have taken that measure

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#564750 Nov 20, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I think politicized religion in America will die pretty abruptly, but the cultural shift will likely take much longer.
I agree.

Fennario

#564751 Nov 20, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
More ASSumptions?
I'm rarely, very rarely drunk...
That's what I said. And you're an abusive drunk when you are.

Fennario

#564752 Nov 20, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I didn't write that, wiki did. Why is it so hard for you retards to understand?
Maybe he just skimmed over it. While drunk.

Fennario

#564753 Nov 21, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Why would you think that makes me clueless? I pay attention in church.
You told us that you don't go to church. Maybe you were drunk and don't recall. Or maybe you're drunk now and don't recall posting the opposite claim. It doesn't matter. The important thing to note is that your word is not reliable. Don't you think that you should care about that? Do they ever discuss that kind of thing in your church?

Honesty is the cornerstone of integrity. The meaning of integrity is latent in the word, which is related to words like "integrals," which are the whole numbers, or numbers without fractions or decimal, and "integrate," which means combine parts into a whole. In Spanish, "trigo integral" means whole wheat.

Integrity as a human quality relates to personal habits considered collectively - that they be mutually consistent and not internally contradictory. When your words today contradict your words yesterday, you are a liar. When your actions today contradict your words yesterday, you are a hypocrite if the words were a moral admonishment, or perhaps merely undependable if your words were a promise that was not kept. Are you getting the drift here?

Far from being a person whose words and deeds form a consistent and seamless whole, you are all over the place. People notice, you have been called on it repeatedly, and your personal reputation has suffered for it.

I don't really care like your mother might any more. My purpose is to promote irreligiosity, and part of that effort is to showcase Christian ethics in practice in order to belie the claim that Christianity is moral training. The humanists here outperform the Christians by several lengths. I don't recall any being caught in as many lies as you have been lately.

Although your preacher may give lip service to it, integrity doesn't seem to be a Christian virtue. Lying is. And hypocrisy is. Christians apologetics comprise specious argumentation, revisionism, and assorted fallacies - especially semantic fallacies such as equivocations and prescriptive definitions.

Fennario

#564754 Nov 21, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
What is written on this thread is meaningless.
Not to me. I care very much about what I post, and I learn from what others post.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Don't be fooled by what you see on Topix.
How could that happen? By giving a liar the benefit of the doubt? That's hardly being fooled, and there is no harm in being charitable there if you don't act on the lie. I accepted you at your word until I knew better, and it did me no harm.

Fennario

#564755 Nov 21, 2012
OCB wrote:
You don't get that just because more people speak English than any other language or just because more people are Christian than any other religion or just because more people are white than any other race does NOT- by ANY means translate into the USA being a white, Christian nation with English as our official language.
If America is a Christian nation because the majority of Americans call themselves Christians, she is also a female nation, since 50.8% are female. http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/00000...

The next few years are going to be difficult for the Archie Bunker types in America.

Fennario

#564756 Nov 21, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Why do you dodge my questions when I call you out on your lies & assumptions?
Here's where your previous lying undermines you. You have no standing to make a comment like this and expect to be taken seriously any more. Even when you're not deliberately lying, you're wrong so often about what was actually said that claims like the above are simply disregarded out of hand now. I doubt that anybody feels the need to demonstrate the unreliability of your word any more.

Fennario

#564757 Nov 21, 2012
OCB wrote:
The USA IS a FREE nation- with people of ALL races, ALL religions and ALL languages- a nation where EVERYONE enjoys the same rights and the same freedoms REGARDLESS OF RACE, CREED, COLOR OR RELIGION- and with that I'll include: regardless of the language they speak.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Race, color, creed or religion. Period. You don't get to "add in" anything!
You don't get to delete anything. There's more:

Race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, and socioeconomic status, political preference and veteran status.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#564758 Nov 21, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
You told us that you don't go to church. Maybe you were drunk and don't recall. Or maybe you're drunk now and don't recall posting the opposite claim. It doesn't matter. The important thing to note is that your word is not reliable. Don't you think that you should care about that? Do they ever discuss that kind of thing in your church?
Honesty is the cornerstone of integrity. The meaning of integrity is latent in the word, which is related to words like "integrals," which are the whole numbers, or numbers without fractions or decimal, and "integrate," which means combine parts into a whole. In Spanish, "trigo integral" means whole wheat.
Integrity as a human quality relates to personal habits considered collectively - that they be mutually consistent and not internally contradictory. When your words today contradict your words yesterday, you are a liar. When your actions today contradict your words yesterday, you are a hypocrite if the words were a moral admonishment, or perhaps merely undependable if your words were a promise that was not kept. Are you getting the drift here?
Far from being a person whose words and deeds form a consistent and seamless whole, you are all over the place. People notice, you have been called on it repeatedly, and your personal reputation has suffered for it.
I don't really care like your mother might any more. My purpose is to promote irreligiosity, and part of that effort is to showcase Christian ethics in practice in order to belie the claim that Christianity is moral training. The humanists here outperform the Christians by several lengths. I don't recall any being caught in as many lies as you have been lately.
Although your preacher may give lip service to it, integrity doesn't seem to be a Christian virtue. Lying is. And hypocrisy is. Christians apologetics comprise specious argumentation, revisionism, and assorted fallacies - especially semantic fallacies such as equivocations and prescriptive definitions.
Well said and spot on, my friend.

Fennario

#564759 Nov 21, 2012
Karma is a_______ wrote:
which cuisine is more American

Italian
French
Thai
Chinese
Mexican
Tex-Mex
Continental
Irish
Korean
Southern
What is American cuisine? Burgers and fried chicken? Is this America?
http://www.southernist.com/2008/12/bookeat-wh...

Fennario

#564760 Nov 21, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
If Asians or Asian Americans want to live in America, they should learn American traditions and values. They have every right to believe in Buddha but they have no right to infringe on us.
That's how I feel about Christianity. Feel free to shake the scary chicken on the stick at the moon if you like, but don't tread on me.

Fennario

#564761 Nov 21, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
Nobody cares enough about what you [Timn] post to do a search of them. You are mental.
I care about what Timn posts. It's your posting that I find valueless. Have you ever had a single interesting idea? Have you ever made a contribution to discourse? All I see are posts like the one above - scraps of bitter sniping.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#564762 Nov 21, 2012
Greens-Tuf wrote:
<quoted text>Can you truly define reality. The word reality is just a word. What does the word reality really mean?.
That would depend upon what dimension one views it from. That's a given.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#564763 Nov 21, 2012
<quoted text>
I care about what Timn posts. It's your posting that I find valueless. Have you ever had a single interesting idea? Have you ever made a contribution to discourse? All I see are posts like the one above - scraps of bitter sniping.
I wouldn't want to continue interfering in your ability to compose or publish your "book".

What a loser crybaby.

Fennario

#564764 Nov 21, 2012
timn17 wrote:
I'm sure if I wanted to, I could easily find a clip of Pat Robertson threatening people with hell. This is the guy that blamed the disaster in Haiti on the wrath of god.
Listen to that Christian piece of shit muckraking again in this 38 second clip from a few days ago :
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/19/pat-...

Robertson doesn't realize that he and the other Christians have already lost Christmas to the pagans. The Vikings stole it from them and made a mockery of it. When scum like Robertson and O'Reilly use the War on Christmas as a wedge issue, it makes me want to remind them that they are too late. They've already lost their holiday to pagans.

Christmas has become a celebration of the winter solstice again. The entire house is decorated in honor of the Viking Ice Giant gods, including flocking, tinsel, Yule logs, Yule wreathes, mistletoe, poinsettias and Christmas lights, just like in Bethlehem.

And on the lawn we have sleighs, Rudolph the red nosed reindeer, Frosty the Snowman and the elves gathering around Santa’s workshop under the North Star. Incidentally, Rudolph is a Viking name just like Santa Klaus, and just like Donner and Blitzen, which mean thunder and lightning in German.

It's no longer the desert holiday about baby Jesus, who seems to have been removed from it altogether, along with camels, sand, deserts, Joseph and Mary, the manger, and the Magi.

This could be the last time Jesus was seen. Perhaps this guy took him:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_RwdH5DTKRas/SzTsWlN...

Or this guy: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v249/Mock26...

Even their precious carols about Jesus have been replaced by "Jingle Bells" and "Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer." And now, hip-hop culture is jumping on the pile with carols of its own. From TopFiveDOTcom:

THE TOP HIP HOP CHRISTMAS SONGS

5. Jingle Bell Glock

4. All I Want for Christmas is My Two Gold Teeth

3. Violent Night

2. Police Navidad

and the Number 1 Hip Hop Holiday Song...

1. Whose Kid Is This, Bitch?!?

And for the Christians who resent the phrase "Happy Holidays" because they don't want to be included with other traditions, I wish you all a Happy Winter Solstice, HumanLight, Festivus, Saturnalia, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Korochun, Modresnach, Soyal, Yalda, Yule, Zagmuk, or whatever else it is that you celebrate.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#564765 Nov 21, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you dodge my questions when I call you out on your lies & assumptions?
Why do you assume that I give money & power to churches?
You go to the churches, that gives them money and power, much like how stating you support a candidate in a poll does. Same concept, but it's lost on you.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#564766 Nov 21, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Eh?
Do you have anything useful to add or will post assumption after assumption?
It was not an assumption. The only constant in the universe is change, there's a reason for that. As humans, the only way to improve and progress is to change. Sticking to something that never changes offers you no new challenges, no new information, and nothing useful, it's stagnant, your entire life being based on that stagnant thing makes your life stagnant and boring. Perhaps that's the reason you try to engage atheists, we're the only thing new you ever encounter.
frogmann

Pittsburgh, PA

#564767 Nov 21, 2012
youtube.com/watch... ………Old Fart or Young Stinkers thats the question? Pointless lets all not worship a deadman?

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#564768 Nov 21, 2012
<quoted text>

It's no longer the desert holiday about baby Jesus, who seems to have been removed from it altogether, along with camels, sand, deserts, Joseph and Mary, the manger, and the Magi.
Dude, are you trying to get me arrested?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate 2 min too lazy to log in 4,070
Poll What's your opinion on Mexicans? (Jul '10) 2 min Johnny 72
You are of your father, Satan the devil, you wi... 11 min Doctor REALITY 1
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 15 min princeofdarknessi... 8,339
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 25 min andet1987 6,409
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 58 min MUQ2 41,168
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr June VanDerMark 603,567
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 7 hr waaasssuuup 7,653
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 12 hr Lyndi 177,899
More from around the web