“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#564486 Nov 20, 2012
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you don't understand.
<quoted text>
When you use the word, "understand", I dunno if I'd call it scary, but it is a bit humorous. I've gotten to the point where when you say you *understand*, it usually means that you don't.
I don't believe you'll ever get it.
No dude, the scawy word to you atheists is "believe". You think you don't have any. You think that word only means religious belief.

And yes, I DO understand that you believe there is no god.

Either you believe it, or you know it.

I know you don't know it, so it's your belief.

Deal with it.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#564487 Nov 20, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>You are frustrating. There is a difference between believing there is not a god and not believing in a god. It's an obvious distinction that should not be too hard to understand.
If I'm frustrating you then leave. No one's forcing you to stay.

"Believing there is not a god"
"Not believing in a god"

You can not read. I have never said that atheists don't believe in God. Ever. I've always said that they believe there is no God.

Either way, it's a f_ckin belief.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#564488 Nov 20, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Honestly I didn't see that post yesterday.
But, no. If Asians or Asian Americans want to live in America, they should learn American traditions and values. They have every right to believe in Buddha but they have no right to infringe on us.
If you moved to china, do you think you could get your drivers license in 100 languages? Nope. That's the stupid shit that some Americans want & somehow pass the laws. I'd guess, people like you.
Asian Americans are Americans. Why wouldn't they want to live in America? They are born in America just like people from European ancestry or any other ancestry. None of them have the right to infringe on any other. Keep the gods and buddhas out of my government, please.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#564489 Nov 20, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Asian Americans are Americans. Why wouldn't they want to live in America? They are born in America just like people from European ancestry or any other ancestry. None of them have the right to infringe on any other. Keep the gods and buddhas out of my government, please.
If they were proud to be American, they'd leave their Asian culture at the door & adopt an American lifestyle, like they used to. People USED to be proud...

No problem, keep atheism out of my government, please.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#564490 Nov 20, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No dude, the scawy word to you atheists is "believe". You think you don't have any. You think that word only means religious belief.
And yes, I DO understand that you believe there is no god.
Either you believe it, or you know it.
I know you don't know it, so it's your belief.
Deal with it.
hahaa.

Maybe you should pray.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#564491 Nov 20, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
If they were proud to be American, they'd leave their Asian culture at the door & adopt an American lifestyle, like they used to. People USED to be proud...
Wow, you are a complete and total moron now. You not only believe women are weaker than you are, you think everyone should assimilate to your specific way of life.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#564492 Nov 20, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, you are a complete and total moron now. You not only believe women are weaker than you are, you think everyone should assimilate to your specific way of life.
Sounds like a typical Muslim or a Christian fundamentalist...

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#564493 Nov 20, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No I didn't. I said it hasn't happened to me. So the rest of your post is nonsense.
It's not nonsense- how could have not seen even just ONE post on this forum in all the time you've been here from a CHRISTIAN who has told others that they will burn in hell for not believing in your god?

And "just results" is one of MANY who have posted what is TRULY nonsense- the "hell" threat, but as "just results" posts are among the most psychotic and disgusting of ugly sentiments strung together, "just results" came to mind as one of the BEST examples of what MANY Christians do- on this thread AND in real life.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#564494 Nov 20, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
that's really sad:(
how much time left about; 50 years if all goes well?
The younger generations will carry the torch.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#564495 Nov 20, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Honestly I didn't see that post yesterday.
But, no. If Asians or Asian Americans want to live in America, they should learn American traditions and values. They have every right to believe in Buddha but they have no right to infringe on us.
If you moved to china, do you think you could get your drivers license in 100 languages? Nope. That's the stupid shit that some Americans want & somehow pass the laws. I'd guess, people like you.
Want to "live" in America? I was talking about Asian Americans who were BORN here. You know, those of Asian ancestry but who were BORN in the USA and are 100% US Citizens.

No....you want people to learn what you perceive as American RELIGION- not traditions and values.

I don't see any Asian American infringing Buddha on anyone- why are Christians so HELLbent on wanting your Jesus infringed on EVERYONE to the point of you being one of many Christians who wants your god and your Jesus to be a part of public school curriculum while excluding the god of other religions- religions that are practiced by many in this country who are 100% American and who were born here.

Speaking of "stupid shit", that is exactly what you are, RR and a REALLY stupid sh*t at that.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#564496 Nov 20, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I think that you possibly never truly found Jesus. Maybe that's why you dropped religion.
I can agree with that. There is no Jesus.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
But then why turn it into a personal vendetta to "rid the world" of religion? Oh, excuse me, not "religion", just Christianity.
That's not my goal, and my goal is not a vendetta.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Do you have a vendetta aganist Christianity itslef or is it Christians that you hate?
Neither. You don't ask questions as if you seek information. You seem to be making a statement, and the statement is incorrect.

Why do you ask? Are you feeling persecuted? If so,I suggest that you toughen your skin a bit. Some of you Christians are in for a rude awakening. Aggressive atheism - anticlericalism, really - is gaining traction.

More and more people are more and more getting fed up with your church, and with its reaction to our gaining a voice and expressing ourselves at long last. The old ways of the church are no longer effective, and we no longer have to sit silently by as it continues to work to marginalizes and demonizes us. I say back atcha.

If that's what you call a vendetta or hating Christians, well, I disagree. I call it refusing to be bullied by your church any more. But whatever it is, expect to see more of it as the next several decades unfold, not less.

The smarter among you will read the writing on the wall and adapt to the new humanist social paradigm. I recommend becoming more solicitous and less confrontational even as we go the other way. Maybe we can meet in the middle.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#564497 Nov 20, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
With each post, you expose your bigotry and hatred all the more. You are the one who requires others to change, you are the one who claims that every other religion but yours is wrong. You are the one who claims adult women lesbians are confused.
you are the one who claims that you're right and i'm wrong

Fennario

#564498 Nov 20, 2012
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE...
RiversideRedneck wrote:
That's a terrible analogy... If that were so, then adults would still believe in Santa.
Which analogy? There were a few. None had anything to do with Santa.

Besides, how is your belief that different from believing in Santa? He's keeping a list, too, and checking it twice to see who's been naughty,and who's been nice. Like Jesus, Santa is preparing rewards for good children, and disappointments for the bad ones. But he loves us.

Also, you didn't address the central point of the post, which is that children should be sheltered from religion.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#564499 Nov 20, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
You are quite welcome. I do not agree with many things that most people on here state, but some of it is of not enough consequence and not relevant to the topic that I bother to mention it, and often don't even notice.
Witchcraft, for example, which Kaitlin espoused, means nothing to me, and in the back of my mind has some negative connotations, but my issue concerning Kaitlin and YD on this site was YD's constant attacks and threats against Kaitlin because she was not a believing Christian.
Since my background (in a very large way) is Christianity, I particularly am upset by those who claim to be Christians treating others the way that some of the very right wing Christians on this site do. Regardless of the truth or fiction behind the religions, the behavior of these people betrays them as true Christians (according to my understanding of the word).
I am not happy, either, with some of the things that I have said to people here, which started as an attempt to wake them up, from their trance so they would actually discuss, rather than preach, but after continuous attacks, day after day, I regressed to playing the game their way, often.
"after continuous attacks, day after day, I regressed to playing the game their way"

i believe that most everyone of us could say the same thing

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#564500 Nov 20, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You MORON. An Asian American born here experiences the same culture as YOU do, and there is NO set American lifestyle, you buffoon.

We are talking about RELIGION here- and you talk as if a belief in your Jesus is part of the American lifestyle- it is NOT.

And here's a couple of facts to piss you off:

You think apple pie is AMERICAN??

"Despite the popular colloquialisms and tall-tales about Johnny Appleseed and the like, the idea for *****apple pie was originally cooked up in Europe sometime in the 1300s (or before), not in the good ol’ US of A.*****

In fact, apples are not native to the Western hemisphere at all. There were no apples in North America until 17th century colonists brought them here from Europe, where they’d already been making apple pie for centuries.

Even after apples arrived on our shores, apple pie was not considered a popular part of the culture until very, very recently. For most of our history, mince pie was the dessert of choice.

As an icon of the American way, apple pie is a johnny-come-lately, a usurper, a pale pretender to its pastry throne. The phrase as American as apple pie is of 20th-century origin and didn’t attain wide currency until the 1940s. Perhaps not coincidentally, the 40s are also when mince pie went into eclipse as our defining national dish."

http://mainstreetzoo.com/2011/06/29/the-un-am...

You think baseball is AMERICAN?

However, before that, there have been vague references to baseball as a game of “bat and ball” in various British and American documents that date back to the early 1700s. The game of baseball has evolved from generation to generation, and this evolution may be quite hard to be precisely defined.

The only consensus that people have is the fact that modern baseball did root from North American influences on the old game “rounders”*****(from Ireland and Great Britain),***** which is quite similar to softball and baseball except for some specific rules.

http://www.sportspundit.com/baseball/articles...

The POINT is what makes things American- such as a lifestyle- is a conglomeration of different cultures, different backgrounds and different heritages.

That is what made this country great and what will continue to make it great- despite YOUR desire for a 100% perfectly blended, same lifestyle, dumbed down Christian nation.

Ain't gonna happen, bub.

You remind me of a character in an old Twilight Zone:

"Using the power of mind over matter, Archibald Beechcroft remakes the world to his own specifications."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0734662/

Of course, given how little mind YOU have to work with, RR, no worries about you being capable of what Mr. Beechcroft was.....

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#564501 Nov 20, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"think about the fact that you told your kids, in no uncertain terms, that if they don't believe the same thing as you,"
I have not said that. Your facts are not facts at all, they are your assumptions.
I know I've said that I haven't said that.
You chose to ignore it.
You classify Christians as "all the same".
You're an idiot who hasn't learned how to read properly.
You have told your kids about hell! What are you missing here? If you are a christian, and you believe in hell, and you tell your kids about it, the implicit message is that they will burn there for eternity if they don't believe the same thing as you do.

How is this so hard to understand? I never said that you used those exact words, but if you are a christian and you told your kids about hell, the underlying message was "this is where you will go unless you listen to me." Why else would you tell them about it? That's one of the only reasons the hell mythology exists - to scare people into belief.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#564502 Nov 20, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
*my* specific way?!?

No, I said the American way....

Dumb ass

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#564503 Nov 20, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>It's not nonsense- how could have not seen even just ONE post on this forum in all the time you've been here from a CHRISTIAN who has told others that they will burn in hell for not believing in your god?
And "just results" is one of MANY who have posted what is TRULY nonsense- the "hell" threat, but as "just results" posts are among the most psychotic and disgusting of ugly sentiments strung together, "just results" came to mind as one of the BEST examples of what MANY Christians do- on this thread AND in real life.
Yes it was nonsense. I said it hasn't happened to me and you went off on one of your trips about how I said it 'doesn't happen'.....

Nonsense.

Fennario

#564504 Nov 20, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
But you still haven't answered as to why you called the heavens (the universe) "space".
Yes I did. http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE...
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Did you agree with that author?
What do you think? I mocked him in the process of debunking his claim that his bible was prescient using two other creation myths. Did that elude you? It seems that it has.

Fennario

#564505 Nov 20, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>This has already been explained to you. Do we have "in Dracula we trust" printed on our money? Do we have to swear on the vampire holy book before testifying? Are we surrounded by the trappings on vampire culture every day? If we deny a belief in dracula, do we risk being ostracized by the community? Do people let their kids die because they believe the holy vampire will save them, and that medical treatment is against the first vampire's will?
Need I go on, or do you get the point?
Good post.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 min lightbeamrider 175,640
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min jethro8 559,505
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 9 min truth 605,020
Is A Race War Brewing? 10 min yon 51
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 14 min cheer the f up 119,656
Why do BLACK People hate Mexicans so much? (Dec '13) 16 min Johnny 1,023
Muslim Women (Dec '09) 22 min zubair 378
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr who 265,147
More from around the web