Prove there's a god.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#564836 Nov 21, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
The IRA for starters, not many weeks ago they KILLED a prison guard. You have still not answered my long-standing question on whether you helped finance one of those groups by contributing to NorAid
The NLFT in India, their manifesto says that they want to expand what they describe as the kingdom of God and Christ in Tripura.
How about those Irish doctors who only last week would not perform an abortion on a dying woman, the woman anc unborn child died. To me that murder but perhaps to you that’s just fine.
The Anti abortionist in the US also come to mind. Christian views on abortion have been cited by Christian individuals and groups that are responsible for threats, assault, murder, and bombings against abortion clinics and doctors across the United States and Canada
Which IRA are you talking about? As I've said, I don't know much about them but I can see there's quite a few groups calling themselves IRA...

Irish doctors?! Are they Christian or Irish or both?

Who has bombed abortion clinics? You need to be specific...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#564837 Nov 21, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
You mentioned children’s parents and I stock to the tone of you post by mentioning my children’s parents, why do you find it so odd, it related directly to the question.
Why is that? Is it because that what you have been told to believe? I don’t think you actually understand the irony of that. Do you have any actual evidence for your claim? Take this particular thread for instance, atheists are for the most part responsible for its varied and lively discussion. Christians in the other hand tend to try and keep the topics narrowed to what they believe and understand. Atheists are open to new ideas, the majority of members (93%) of the National Acadamy of Science are atheist or agnostic. Theists tend to be closed to any idea that is not at least 2000 years old. Yet they happily uses technology to make the feelings known
Small yes about 1.3 billion so not really as small as you think and growing rapidly while thankfully the christian 2.3 billion is declining at an alarming rate. There is considerable evidence for this of you want me to post it again.
I didn't say I find it "so odd", I said that's an odd way to address your kids, "my children's parents"...

Sorry, doll. Christianity is STILL on the rise.

en.wikipedia.org/.../Christian_population

In 2010, there were 2.30 billion Christians in the world, an increase of 300 million from two billion in 2005.

“O'si yo!”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#564838 Nov 21, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Atheist's Statement.
1. There is no evidence supporting the existence of a deity.
2. Therefore, there is no reason to believe in one.
3. Therefore, I don't.
Try to keep up. That's not a doctrine, and it's about as much as I can dumb the thing down for you.
READ.
1. how can there be no EVIDENCE supporting a deity?
CAN YOU take credit for the creation of the universe, and
intelligent LIFE?

2. since you can not take credit for how it came to be, since you
can't re-create anything from scratch, since you can't explain
away miracles, prophecy, artifacts that support that prophecy
Christ and His many eyewitnesses, and the personal experiences
of billions of people through out history, then you have no
reason to say with any certainity there is no God.
you don't know.

3. thats right you don't, but if you were wise you would.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#564839 Nov 21, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Except in Africa, yes.
Culture is what the people make of it, it's not something you dictate, and certainly not something your religious nonsense can dictate.
Africa?

I guess you don't realize that Africa is a continent, not a country.....

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#564840 Nov 21, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
you missunderstand, I abhor stupidity.
I do not fear christians physically, and I certainly do not fear christians intellectually; I admit that I am cautious with regard to politics.
I must say, that I did enjoy your last election, I am still smiling. Oh and congratulations for choosing the man-with-integrity.
Oh, you mean Obama? The Muslim, I mean Christian?

LMAO!

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#564841 Nov 21, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You may define yourself, but you can't change to definition of atheist just to suit your argument.
You know how many atheists would be pissed at you for saying that they "don't believe"?
The nuance of language and turn of phrase eludes you at all times.

You must dread street signs.

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

#564842 Nov 21, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Nor did Charlie Manson. What's your point?
Her faithful followers, good Christians all, DO kill.
NO. Good CHRISTIANS do NOT kill.

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

#564843 Nov 21, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Is this really the infamous patty that the legends speak about? Has she spoken to me?
sorry to disappoint you, it is not.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#564844 Nov 21, 2012
TheUndying132 wrote:
<quoted text>
It would be nice to give some specifics. You are a logical fail, you can't rebut someone by saying "your wrong but I don't have examples why. " prove me wrong
there are plenty of contradictions in the bible, far too many to list.
However, there are numerous websites devoted to debunking the bible.

https://www.google.com/search...

http://www.evilbible.com/Biblical%20Contradic...

http://www.infidels.org/library/modern/jim_me...

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/page/bible-...

here are some

Genesis 1:11-12 and 1:26-27 Trees came before Adam.
Genesis 2:4-9 Trees came after Adam.

Genesis 1:20-21 and 26-27 Birds were created before Adam.
Genesis 2:7 and 2:19 Birds were created after Adam.

Genesis 1:24-27 Animals were created before Adam.
Genesis 2:7 and 2:19 Animals were created after Adam.

Genesis 1:26-27 Adam and Eve were created at the same time.
Genesis 2:7 and 2:21-22 Adam was created first, woman sometime later.

Matthew 2:11 On coming to the house, they saw the child with his mother Mary, and they bowed down and worshiped him. Then they opened their treasures and presented him with gifts of gold, frankincense and myrrh.
In a house.

Luke 2:7 and she gave birth to her firstborn, a son. She wrapped him in cloths and placed him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn.
In a manger. There was no room in the inn.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#564845 Nov 21, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>..... I didn't know what to define myself as. Now, I am much more secure.
Why the need to categorize yourself?

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#564846 Nov 21, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahaha! Are you for real?
Wait, got to hear this again:
"The bible is the single most historically accurate book in all of time"
Okay. Challenge accepted!
1) Show us a talking snake
2) Show us, by means of DNA analysis, that the human population on earth, 6000 years ago, was 2.
3) Show us by means of geological analysis, where the flood deposit is for Noah's flood
4) Please show us 900 year old people
5) Please demonstrate that you can summon beams of fire from the sky
6) Demonstrate bringing a person dead for three days back to life
7) Demonstrate destroying a city wall by blowing on a few ram's horns
8) Demonstrate food falling from the sky
That's all for now.
1: all of those have been confirmed by historical records of the civilizations which they affected, and they are all specific instances in which god needed to intervene on the normal physics and structure of things. They are not reproduce able unless such a situationis called for again, which may or may not happen. As for nine hundred year old people, they were the first humans, nearly immortal as they had just fallen from perfection. Gf created them with that capacity, but the reason why they are no longer is because, as the bible states, god saw that sin was too great and therefore limited their lifetime to I believe 125 years, but that age may not be exact don't quote it. As for the flood, it encompassed the entire earth, and it's deposits and evidences are throughout the world in nearly every large geological structure. The greatest example is the Grand Canyon, which having been studied extensively shows that according to the layers of rock, etc. and the fossils within it, it must have been formed ver quickly, as so every soft creature such as jellyfish were fossilized there. This could not have happened over LNG periods of time because the jellyfish would have deteriorated before fossilization could have occurred. This is only one example, but it is quite clear that the only way this could have happened is for a large, catastrophic even to demo all the same and layers of stone that make it up in a very short period of time. These types of things are shows throughout the world. And one theory for the flood, outside of the theory that God simply summoned mass amounts of water, is that the tectonic plates shifted, and the ocean floor, being coke and dense, be an to sink into the soft mantle, speed yup as the friction cause more rocky melt. This pushed up large amounts of molten roc from the mantle betweentectonicplates, which poured into the Sara and caused massive amounts of steam and vapor to be dumped into the atmosphere, causing extreme and consistent rainfall for LNG enough to flood the earth. This rainfall caused the mainland and the sea floor to realign and the sea floor to rise, further pouring water onto the earth. Have fun. Also, much of this could be an act of god, if you actually believed, then it would make perfect sense.

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

#564847 Nov 21, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Lucky me then!
Or does this mean the lake of fire?
if you think eternal hell makes you lucky then far be it from me to try to pry you off the back of that buzzard.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#564848 Nov 21, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
And you said you "promote irreligiosity"...
Liar.
Apparently he's trying to be funny; something that he doesn't do very well in spite of the effort. You can't force funny; either you are, or you aren't.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#564849 Nov 21, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahaha! Are you for real?
Wait, got to hear this again:
"The bible is the single most historically accurate book in all of time"
Okay. Challenge accepted!
1) Show us a talking snake
2) Show us, by means of DNA analysis, that the human population on earth, 6000 years ago, was 2.
3) Show us by means of geological analysis, where the flood deposit is for Noah's flood
4) Please show us 900 year old people
5) Please demonstrate that you can summon beams of fire from the sky
6) Demonstrate bringing a person dead for three days back to life
7) Demonstrate destroying a city wall by blowing on a few ram's horns
8) Demonstrate food falling from the sky
That's all for now.
1. Snakes don't talk. But Satan does.
2. 6,000 years? Ugh, again....?
3. Everywhere.
4. Show you? Dead people? Creepy.
5. Humans can't do that, but God can.
6. Jesus was more than a "person".
7. Give me the ark of the covenant, a bull horn & God's power & I'll show ya.
8. What goes up must come down.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#564850 Nov 21, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No you don't. You have a one track mind. You think you're the one-all be-all. You are untrainable & unlearnable.
Unlearnable?

Yeah. You're ok.

Elmont, Long Island NY

#564851 Nov 21, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
1. how can there be no EVIDENCE supporting a deity?
CAN YOU take credit for the creation of the universe, and
intelligent LIFE?
2. since you can not take credit for how it came to be, since you
can't re-create anything from scratch, since you can't explain
away miracles, prophecy, artifacts that support that prophecy
Christ and His many eyewitnesses, and the personal experiences
of billions of people through out history, then you have no
reason to say with any certainity there is no God.
you don't know.
3. thats right you don't, but if you were wise you would.
there is plenty of evidence of the Big Bang, especially the cosmic background radiation

http://map.gsfc.nasa.gov/universe/bb_tests_cm...

Please list your so called miracles and evidence that they actually occurred (outside of the bible)

what prophecies????

please list all those eyewitnesses, outside the bible of course

please refer me to any historical documents written at the time of "Jesus" that document the existence of Jesus, outside the bible of course

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#564852 Nov 21, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
I did mate - I have faced discrimination as well. Please try and remember that depending on the which side of the fence one is standing, it will change the view
Understood and accepted.

I have also faced discrimination. I don't wish it on anyone.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#564853 Nov 21, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you!
Getting any pink eye lately?
http://drewcarpenter.net/wp-content/uploads/2...

Elmont, Long Island NY

#564854 Nov 21, 2012
TheUndying132 wrote:
<quoted text>
1: all of those have been confirmed by historical records of the civilizations which they affected, and they are all specific instances in which god needed to intervene on the normal physics and structure of things. They are not reproduce able unless such a situationis called for again, which may or may not happen. As for nine hundred year old people, they were the first humans, nearly immortal as they had just fallen from perfection. Gf created them with that capacity, but the reason why they are no longer is because, as the bible states, god saw that sin was too great and therefore limited their lifetime to I believe 125 years, but that age may not be exact don't quote it. As for the flood, it encompassed the entire earth, and it's deposits and evidences are throughout the world in nearly every large geological structure. The greatest example is the Grand Canyon, which having been studied extensively shows that according to the layers of rock, etc. and the fossils within it, it must have been formed ver quickly, as so every soft creature such as jellyfish were fossilized there. This could not have happened over LNG periods of time because the jellyfish would have deteriorated before fossilization could have occurred. This is only one example, but it is quite clear that the only way this could have happened is for a large, catastrophic even to demo all the same and layers of stone that make it up in a very short period of time. These types of things are shows throughout the world. And one theory for the flood, outside of the theory that God simply summoned mass amounts of water, is that the tectonic plates shifted, and the ocean floor, being coke and dense, be an to sink into the soft mantle, speed yup as the friction cause more rocky melt. This pushed up large amounts of molten roc from the mantle betweentectonicplates, which poured into the Sara and caused massive amounts of steam and vapor to be dumped into the atmosphere, causing extreme and consistent rainfall for LNG enough to flood the earth. This rainfall caused the mainland and the sea floor to realign and the sea floor to rise, further pouring water onto the earth. Have fun. Also, much of this could be an act of god, if you actually believed, then it would make perfect sense.
i suggest you start with a basic 9th grade Physical Science class

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#564855 Nov 21, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Apparently he's trying to be funny; something that he doesn't do very well in spite of the effort. You can't force funny; either you are, or you aren't.
Yup. And in his case, you can't fix stupid.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Talk to Demi Lovato (Jul '08) 1 min Jess 728
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 min New Age Spiritual... 618,733
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 min onemale 281,848
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min New Age Spiritual... 653,865
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 23 min Aura Mytha 63,633
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 32 min Annaleigh 106,488
Romantic Sensual Touch Massage & Prostate Massage 55 min RUBY Abudhabi 6
More from around the web