“Truth is beyond wavelength ”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#564592 Nov 20, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I allow that god is possible, but god is not as good as any other guess. Our consciousness does not set a precedent for a universe spanning consciousness. That would be a matter of type, not of degree. A god like consciousness would be so different from our consciousness so as to render any comparison between the two meaningless. And even if our consciousness could be compared to a deity like consciousness, that wouldn't make god just as good a guess as anything else. Then we could point to any object or force or phenomenon that we know to exist and claim that under the right circumstances, it might have created the universe. The assumption that consciousness might be responsible for the universe is rooted in human tradition, there is no evidence for such a thing outside of our own minds. So, possible - yes. Just as likely, no.
I can't concede on that. I mean when we know nothing absolute and when we know nothing about 't = 0', and when consciousness is something that is already in existence and not nearly completely understood, then 'conscious absolute reality'*is* as good a guess as any other. Hey, basically we have two guesses for a foundation of reality; either finite or infinite. And also, conscious or unconscious. Is our consciousness an illusion? That I won't buy so easily.

But I do understand your reasoning for your belief. I just don't share it. I think the difference between my belief and yours is rooted in whether to believe consciousness is part of something bigger/eternal or not. You have your ways of justifying it and I have mine I suppose.

People get easily duped into thinking science shows anything definate about the origins of consciousness. Just because we aren't able to sense any other conscious reality doesn't mean there isn't one.

Just like virtual particles blip off our radar, why couldn't the same be with the true origins of consciousness?

“O'si yo!”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#564593 Nov 20, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Garentee = Pattiespeak
Catcher1 = misguided fool

“O'si yo!”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#564594 Nov 20, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
My parents are both atheists.
Neither ever attempted to influence their children.
We were always free to believe, or not.
Parents set the example to children.

that is why you are an atheist like your parents are.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#564595 Nov 20, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Because RR feels it is his duty to lie for his Jesus on a daily basis, that's why.
I didn't lie.

But I understand your need to follow your butt buddy...

Carry on.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#564596 Nov 20, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
If they were proud to be American, they'd leave their Asian culture at the door & adopt an American lifestyle, like they used to. People USED to be proud...
.. ever read THE JUNGLE by Upton Sinclair? Different ethic groups immigrating to America congregated in the same neighborhood, continued to practice their folk customs and even spoke another language. Nothing has changed ..

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#564597 Nov 20, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever been to church?
If so, does that mean you go to church?
And why, along your assumption, would you assume that I've ever given money to a church?
I did, when I was young I had no choice in the matter. But I grew up, you need to grow up as well.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#564598 Nov 20, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
We'd need to teach, the Hindu theory of creation, the PANGU theory of creation, the Aboriginal American theories of creation and numerous other mythical creation stories too, no?
Remember, two thirds of the world do not believe as you do, when it comes to mythical deity creation stories.
YOU replied:
Whatever. I'm not talking about schools in two-thirds of the world, I'm talking about American schools....
And other posts of yours, RR- I'm tired of using MY brain to work for YOUR crappy memory.
Find the other posts yourself. You DO want Christianity taught in public schools.
Everyone here knows that.
I've always creation, not Christianity. There's a difference, OCB.

Besides, what "everyone here" knows seems to add up to one big pile of shit.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#564599 Nov 20, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>One not need to live in another country to be a fascist, RR.
And wow- if you think Germany is the only fascist country......well...dumb, dumber and dumbest you would be, RR.
Nevermind, you dolt. You didn't get the joke.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#564600 Nov 20, 2012
OCB wrote:
BTW, did you know that the USA has NO official language?
But don't take MY word for it:
English is the de facto national language of the United States, with 82% of the population claiming it as a mother tongue, and some 96% claiming to speak it "well" or "very well."[5]
********However, no official language exists at the federal level.********
You're right. But I'd say that the fact that all of our historical documents are written in English dictates that English IS our national language. Also the fact that well over 80% the people here speak English, who cares about the rest.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#564601 Nov 20, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I did, when I was young I had no choice in the matter. But I grew up, you need to grow up as well.
Yes, but you ignored my questions....

And why, along your assumption, would you assume that I've ever given money to a church?

You said you were forced to go chruch, does that mean you "go to church"?

Should I assume, as you do, that you give money & power to the churches?

Guess what, I was forced to church, too. I turned out okay, what's your excuse?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#564602 Nov 20, 2012
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. ever read THE JUNGLE by Upton Sinclair? Different ethic groups immigrating to America congregated in the same neighborhood, continued to practice their folk customs and even spoke another language. Nothing has changed ..
You're right.

Nothing in that book has changed.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#564603 Nov 20, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
you won't get your filthy mits on my personal id
mitts
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
and you are a few months to late on the birthday wishes but thanks anyway.
too, not to

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#564605 Nov 20, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but you ignored my questions....
You said you were forced to go chruch, does that mean you "go to church"?
Should I assume, as you do, that you give money & power to the churches?
Guess what, I was forced to church, too. I turned out okay, what's your excuse?
Now you're attempting semantics, and losing. Why can't you make one honest post on here? Just one.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#564606 Nov 20, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right.
Nothing in that book has changed.
Sad, you think that's actually a good thing. Such a boring life you must lead, wait, boring is not the correct word, stagnant is more fitting.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#564607 Nov 20, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Nevermind, you dolt. You didn't get the joke.
AGAIN- I got what YOU think is a joke, but as usual your humor is way too pedantic to even come close to being funny or humorous.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#564608 Nov 20, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right. But I'd say that the fact that all of our historical documents are written in English dictates that English IS our national language. Also the fact that well over 80% the people here speak English, who cares about the rest.
LOL!!! I KNOW I'm right.

And sorry- but English is NOT our OFFICIAL language.

Just like the USA is NOT a Christian nation.

Just like the USA is NOT a white nation.

You don't get that just because more people speak English than any other language or just because more people are Christian than any other religion or just because more people are white than any other race does NOT- by ANY means translate into the USA being a white, Christian nation with English as our official language.

The USA IS a FREE nation- with people of ALL races, ALL religions and ALL languages- a nation where EVERYONE enjoys the same rights and the same freedoms REGARDLESS OF RACE, CREED, COLOR OR RELIGION- and with that I'll include: regardless of the language they speak.

Don't like it? And I KNOW you don't.....get the HELL outta here, RR.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#564609 Nov 20, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I've always creation, not Christianity. There's a difference, OCB.
Besides, what "everyone here" knows seems to add up to one big pile of shit.
And gee- what a coincidence that the majority of people who believe in creation just happen to be Christians.

And no.....people trying to educate the likes of YOU adds up to one big pile of a wasted effort.

After all, you keep proving how much you like wallowing in willful ignorance and intellectual laziness.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#564610 Nov 20, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you're attempting semantics, and losing. Why can't you make one honest post on here? Just one.
Why do you dodge my questions when I call you out on your lies & assumptions?

Why do you assume that I give money & power to churches?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#564611 Nov 20, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Sad, you think that's actually a good thing. Such a boring life you must lead, wait, boring is not the correct word, stagnant is more fitting.
Eh?

Do you have anything useful to add or will post assumption after assumption?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#564612 Nov 20, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>AGAIN- I got what YOU think is a joke, but as usual your humor is way too pedantic to even come close to being funny or humorous.
You have a hard time with humor. I got it.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 6 min RiccardoFire 40,145
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 9 min Jac 442,896
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 12 min karl44 584,668
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 14 min Jac 98,997
Muslim Women (Dec '09) 19 min kaka 393
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 21 min RiccardoFire 3,691
News Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 44 min An NFL Fan 121,678
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Freebird USA 176,537
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr lil whispers 611,857
More from around the web