Russell's Teapot

#564315 Nov 19, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Holy Geesh, scar!!
Noun: theist
1. One who believes in the existence of a god or gods
You are not a theist.
Therefore you don't believe in the existence of a god or gods.
You said "I'm not a theist."
A theist believes....
An atheist (or non-theist) doesn't believe..........
Congratulations.

You're finally getting it.

An atheist does not have the belief of the theist there are deities.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#564316 Nov 19, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, and Ingersoll would agree:
"Who can overestimate the progress of the world if all the money wasted in superstition could be used to enlighten, elevate and civilize mankind?" ó Robert Green Ingersoll, "Some Mistakes of Moses"
America spends more on the military that all nations of the world combined. Obviously you agree with the USA policing the world with our hard earned tax dollars. Forget superstition, war and religion are the culprits....America is 18 trillion in debt. Don't you just love life? You FREAKSHOW should have more intelligent things to post....but then...that's why you are a FREAKSHOW.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#564317 Nov 19, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
oh --- commmon
which trees?
The Keebler Elf trees, of course. 8)

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#564318 Nov 19, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
OK. You've got a hidden religious feeling. Got it.
(maybe that's why you're here everyday, waiting for someone to link you to God's YouTube videos)
LLULZ...

Theists are always so insecure.

I'm atheist, Ar Ar.

Location hidden

#564319 Nov 19, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Your god isn't the only god out there, and they all make the same claims.
You are a one that I would like to talk to. You bash religion with good cause...false religion is everywhere. There is 1 true God and 1 Organization that He uses today. Look at the universe, it's orderly, so He is a God of order, not confusion. If you knew the history of the bible you would be surprised...if you owned one in 1500 CE, you would be killed by the Catholic church. The fact that we have it, along with the Dead Sea Scrolls, found in 1947....proves that the words and meaning have not been altered. It's truly a miracle to have this book, as it was hidden and almost destroyed for hundreds of years. I urge you to look at the religions today, see what they have produced and choose ONE that truly represents a true loving God. Turn your hatred back a few steps and learn some new things. This world makes us bitter, it's up to us to search and I am sure that anyone searching for good things, will find it.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#564320 Nov 19, 2012
TJ Monk wrote:
<quoted text>
America spends more on the military that all nations of the world combined. Obviously you agree with the USA policing the world with our hard earned tax dollars. Forget superstition, war and religion are the culprits....America is 18 trillion in debt. Don't you just love life? You FREAKSHOW should have more intelligent things to post....but then...that's why you are a FREAKSHOW.
Is that your dream car, dude?

“Obsidian Princess”

Since: Sep 09

louisiana

#564321 Nov 19, 2012
you don't have to prove theres a god. just don't try to force your god on me.

Location hidden

#564322 Nov 19, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that your dream car, dude?
It's a 97 and has 24000 Kilometers on it. Loaded and on a trade for a new car, they would give me $1000.00.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#564324 Nov 19, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're kidding, right?
When Hod was removed for schools, morality went with Him. Why do you think kids are much worse today than they were 50 years ago?
Kids used to be kind to old folks, now they laugh at them and are crude to them.
Kids used to have manners, now they're just flat out a$$holes.
Boys used to marry girls THEN have a family & stuck together for life. Now they just screw whoever is near & forget any consequences.
Kids used to move out of their parents house after high school. Now they stay as long as they can. The parents can even keep them insured.
A lot has changed in 50 years, I believe that the first wrong step America took was taking God out of schools.
I suspect that the main reason kids are like that today, is because of how their parents raised them. Strangely though, when I was in university in the 60s the big thing then was that kids were the worst they had ever been. Even I have thought of the 60s as being very decadent days, yet they were not all that bad. The main change was all the student rioting, especially in the USA, and the anti-Vietnam demonstrations, make love not war, hippies, Beatles, free love, etc., all of which went past me and I wasn't part of it.

Yet my grandfather according to my dad (my grandfather died in 1965 and was born about 1886 or so), said that things were not all that bad in modern times, because when he was young people were pretty wild. Supposedly his brother-in-law, his wife's brother, who died crossing Canada on his way to the East Coast to go fight in WWI of the worldwide flu of that period had only gone off to war because his alternative was staying in jail, because he had tried to kick some local guys head in during a fight.

I think every generation of kids are the 'worse they have ever been' according to the older people, but that is partly because the older people have forgotten just how bad they were when young, and also they have got to the age where young people annoy them because they just want to be left alone.

Likely a lot of it is envy too that young people are doing things they wished they had the courage to do when they were that age.

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#564325 Nov 19, 2012
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>LLULZ...
Theists are always so insecure.
I'm atheist, Ar Ar.
I don't know why. Magic is fun.

Location hidden

#564326 Nov 19, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
If you really, TRULY believe that there is no God, are no gods or have a complete lack of belief in gods, the why do you spend so much time debating it?
I don't get it. Example: I don't believe I vampires. None whatsoever. I wouldn't waste 5 minutes of my life debating people about my lack of belief In vampires.
Why do you?
I think regardless of whether or not one believes in God, it is still a much more contentious subject and open to debate than the topic of vampires. We have a world that has seen continuous wars from the beginning of recorded history, a good percentage of which are related to people having beliefs in gods, and others having beliefs in other gods, or the same god but different ideas about how to practise their beliefs (such as all the wars between the RCs and Church of England/Anglicans), the Crusades, etc. Even if the belief in gods was not the main factor in these wars, it often was the excuse given by the leaders to get the people to fight (look at the Muslims now doing it for Allah).

Personally, I have stated my reasons for being here many times, but it is mainly because I like discussions about hot topics, and beliefs is always a hot topic (one only has to look at how very nasty religious people get on this site to prove that). Also I oppose fanatical Christian bigotry against gays, and that is rampant here.

However, would it not serve a better purpose if every one here put aside their persona accusations, questioning why others are here, attacking others who take the opposite side, attacking participants because of their personal characteristics, etc., and just for once stick to the damned topic

Has anyone noticed that if someone was observing this thread from a distance and seeing only how people act and treat each other, and don't know the issues, they would pretty well unanimously think the bad guys on this site were the ones who claim to be the good guys (the saved Christians)? There are only about 2 or 3 "Christians that I have encountered during the period that I have been here that I can say has always been respectful of others, while the vast majority's behavior has been embarrassingly bad, even to a non-believer.

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#564327 Nov 19, 2012

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#564328 Nov 19, 2012
TJ Monk wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a 97 and has 24000 Kilometers on it. Loaded and on a trade for a new car, they would give me $1000.00.
Market value is much higher.

Location hidden

#564329 Nov 19, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
I think regardless of whether or not one believes in God, it is still a much more contentious subject and open to debate than the topic of vampires. We have a world that has seen continuous wars from the beginning of recorded history, a good percentage of which are related to people having beliefs in gods, and others having beliefs in other gods, or the same god but different ideas about how to practise their beliefs (such as all the wars between the RCs and Church of England/Anglicans), the Crusades, etc. Even if the belief in gods was not the main factor in these wars, it often was the excuse given by the leaders to get the people to fight (look at the Muslims now doing it for Allah).
Personally, I have stated my reasons for being here many times, but it is mainly because I like discussions about hot topics, and beliefs is always a hot topic (one only has to look at how very nasty religious people get on this site to prove that). Also I oppose fanatical Christian bigotry against gays, and that is rampant here.
However, would it not serve a better purpose if every one here put aside their persona accusations, questioning why others are here, attacking others who take the opposite side, attacking participants because of their personal characteristics, etc., and just for once stick to the damned topic
Has anyone noticed that if someone was observing this thread from a distance and seeing only how people act and treat each other, and don't know the issues, they would pretty well unanimously think the bad guys on this site were the ones who claim to be the good guys (the saved Christians)? There are only about 2 or 3 "Christians that I have encountered during the period that I have been here that I can say has always been respectful of others, while the vast majority's behavior has been embarrassingly bad, even to a non-believer.
The True God must exsist. Mathew 24 talks about the last days of this system, not the world, the system of things. It was written 2000 years ago and it is so true....read it...how could the writer know how our world would be in 2013? I am into deep discussions and would welcome your thoughts.

Location hidden

#564330 Nov 19, 2012
TJ Monk wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a one that I would like to talk to. You bash religion with good cause...false religion is everywhere. There is 1 true God and 1 Organization that He uses today. Look at the universe, it's orderly, so He is a God of order, not confusion. If you knew the history of the bible you would be surprised...if you owned one in 1500 CE, you would be killed by the Catholic church. The fact that we have it, along with the Dead Sea Scrolls, found in 1947....proves that the words and meaning have not been altered. It's truly a miracle to have this book, as it was hidden and almost destroyed for hundreds of years. I urge you to look at the religions today, see what they have produced and choose ONE that truly represents a true loving God. Turn your hatred back a few steps and learn some new things. This world makes us bitter, it's up to us to search and I am sure that anyone searching for good things, will find it.
How could anyone pick one that represents a true loving God, because even if there was such a thing as God, no one has any evidence of that. If God were to be taken as the God of the early Old Testament then it would be more accurate to say that God is a vengeful, tyrant, hateful, evil, bully (just about any negative adjective that one might use to describe the worst human beings).

I think most of the idea of God being a loving God is the myths that have been perpetrated by those who teach about God based on the man Jesus of the New Testament, who did demonstrate, according to the stories, some positives about how to live with other people, and how to treat all people with respect (he did stray from that at times, but not near as much as the war mongering mass murdering God of the OT).

Muslims think their version of the same God is the best. Jews think their version of the same God is best.

But the larger majority of the world's population don't follow the Abrahamic God at all, so they would not think of that God as being good, because they don't believe in Him.

The previous mainly Christian populations of the world too are rapidly moving away from beliefs in God, as is exhibited by almost all of the more educated and wealthy western countries, whose population have gone from likely the majority being involved in religion down to somewhere between 5% and 20%, and falling.

Location hidden

#564331 Nov 19, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
How could anyone pick one that represents a true loving God, because even if there was such a thing as God, no one has any evidence of that. If God were to be taken as the God of the early Old Testament then it would be more accurate to say that God is a vengeful, tyrant, hateful, evil, bully (just about any negative adjective that one might use to describe the worst human beings).
I think most of the idea of God being a loving God is the myths that have been perpetrated by those who teach about God based on the man Jesus of the New Testament, who did demonstrate, according to the stories, some positives about how to live with other people, and how to treat all people with respect (he did stray from that at times, but not near as much as the war mongering mass murdering God of the OT).
Muslims think their version of the same God is the best. Jews think their version of the same God is best.
But the larger majority of the world's population don't follow the Abrahamic God at all, so they would not think of that God as being good, because they don't believe in Him.
The previous mainly Christian populations of the world too are rapidly moving away from beliefs in God, as is exhibited by almost all of the more educated and wealthy western countries, whose population have gone from likely the majority being involved in religion down to somewhere between 5% and 20%, and falling.
I have a steak on the barbecue. I want to chat with you, but I don't have much time. I believe that the UN will soon decide to outlaw/ban religion, after looking at it's history. The general population are too moving in that direction. The UN is world-wide in scope, like a world power. It can't seem to accomplish much these days...but it will come together to make this decision. This belief is universally accepted.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#564332 Nov 19, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
If you would, karl. Indulge me. What do you think is so evil about being a Christian?
the lack of empathy

the lack of ethics

the paranoia, the xenophobia, the hate

substitutional atonement ---

the obsessive need to spread the filth.

you are no dummy - you know

that you ask brands you as a troll

Location hidden

#564333 Nov 19, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Newton would disagree.
So would Galileo....
from a time when it was dangerous to tell the truth about christianity

claim rejected

Location hidden

#564334 Nov 19, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Another athitard with the " which god" question...
I didn't say god, I said God.
Learn the difference, then come back.
if you cannot define the god you imagine, you are a coward

Location hidden

#564335 Nov 19, 2012
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
The Keebler Elf trees, of course. 8)
will I find one, if I believe that I will look?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Michael 560,764
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 4 min WasteWater 5,162
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 5 min mike 605,394
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 10 min WasteWater 265,600
Will the False Prophet come from the Vatican??? 18 min Just Think 29
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 44 min Barnsweb 441,828
Thousands march in Holocaust memorial (Apr '06) 1 hr Just American 61
Gay snapchat names 4 hr edm732 188
Moses never existed 5 hr KiMare 862
More from around the web