Prove there's a god.

“What game?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#564544 Nov 20, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say ANYTHING about religion, did I? Nope. I said they should conform to the American way. IE; speak English, learn our culture, learn American heritage, fly an American flag, play loud music IN ENGLISH, eat hot dogs, etc etc etc.
None of that has ANYTHING to do with religion. Stop projecting.
Americans should conform to the American way? How many people do you know who were born in America that don't speak English? When I'm in the U.S. I speak English. When I'm in China I speak Chinese. It makes it much easier that way. It would be kinda silly to do it the other way around, wouldn't it?

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#564545 Nov 20, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. Jehovah will likely be around at least as long as Brigid of the Druids and the Greek pantheon have. Zeus still has a following, too: "Zeus devotees worship in Athens" http://old.richarddawkins.net/articles/550
<quoted text>
Agreed there as well. And that is all we ask - their irrelevance and invisibility, not their extinction. The world is probably a little more interesting place because it still contains a few worshipers of Zeus, Apollo, Poseidon and Athena.
There should always be at least one exorcist and a half dozen people who speak in tongues if for no other reason than to make amusing YouTubes.
Yeah. You see Christians getting all finicky when we talk about forcing them to release their grip on public policy and on our culture - they assume that we also want to get rid of Christianity. Eagle12, for one, is deeply paranoid that all the "evil atheists" have a secret agenda, and that we want to round up all his Christian brothers and gas them.

But I think it's quite reasonable to want our culture and especially our government to be free from the whims of the Christian majority - just as any good christian would want their government to be free from religion if that religion happened to be Islam.

And I totally agree about the "tongue speaker" people. Here is my favorite:

It's a nice little cross section of some of the different ways that this craziness can manifest itself.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#564546 Nov 20, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would you think that makes me clueless? I pay attention in church. If I've ever heard a preacher preach about hell like you people think, why would I deny that?
The church is not your only surrounding. Sheesh, your life is meaningless and useless.

Also, you love to give your preachers power and money, nice. You bought into the entire con, hook, line, sinker, and the rod.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#564547 Nov 20, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say ANYTHING about religion, did I? Nope. I said they should conform to the American way. IE; speak English, learn our culture, learn American heritage, fly an American flag, play loud music IN ENGLISH, eat hot dogs, etc etc etc.
None of that has ANYTHING to do with religion. Stop projecting.
What makes you think Asian AMERICANS- born HERE- don't speak English, learn our culture, learn American heritage, fly an American flag, play loud music IN ENGLISH, etc., etc., etc?

As far as eating hot dogs- hey- not wanting to ingest the most disgusting parts of a cow as well as disgusting and damaging preservatives and chemicals- has NOTHING to do with ANYTHING- unless you think the eating of GARBAGE is part of the "American way".

And that you want to DICTATE what ANYONE should eat, or what music they should listen to?

That's right- NONE of it has anything to with religion, so why do you think your Jesus should be taught in American schools, but not Buddha- and to children who are no less American than YOUR kids are?

You've decided that your god has a nationality?? And that your "American" god is the only god that should be taught about in public schools- IF it were right for ANY god to be taught about in public schools- which it's not, anyway?

The USA was founded and built by non-comformists, you butthead.

And to this day, it is MANY who have refused to conform to what YOU call the "American way" who have done MUCH to make this country great.

Stop trying to make the USA something it's not, never was and most likely never will be.

A world full of nothing but RiversideRednecks would be FAR worse than a world filled with nothing but Archibald Beechcrofts.

Try UNDERSTANDING the positive aspects of diversity and how it has made this country great and then maybe you can EMBRACE it.

This still IS the USA, after all, where people have the INALIENABLE right to live whatever lifestyle they CHOOSE- provided they are not breaking any laws.

You don't like it? Get the F*CK out of MY country, RR- you have made it all too clear that this is NOT the country for YOU.

Location hidden

#564548 Nov 20, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What is written on this thread is meaningless. When I said that I haven't seen it written before, I was not talking about Topix idiots. I was talking about what I've seen in churches, on tv, in newspapers, etc, etc. Reliable, actual sources.
Don't be fooled by what you see on Topix.
Then you should have made that clear. This is a forum where we communicate by writing. Do you think it was unreasonable for me to assume you were including topix in your assessment? I don't.

And you haven't watched a lot of TV or read very many letters to the editor if you haven't seen any threats. Ever seen the 700 club? Ever listened to some of the wackos on the radio?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#564549 Nov 20, 2012
timn17 wrote:
Oh, I agree. I wasn't saying that I will care when their protestations come
I wonder who will.
timn17 wrote:
I was just pointing out what I think will happen. I don't think christianity's grip on this country will die a quite death.
That's an interesting area to speculate on. When the Christian begin to experience their enfeeblement, they will likely want react to that. Would they resort to something devastating like nuclear or germ warfare? I don't care to put them to the test.

There will undoubtedly continue to be assorted attacks against individuals and private property, but if skeptics retaliate violently, that could get ugly.

I expect plenty of whining about our irrational anger and their persecution, but nothing valid. Once reality has set in, I expect them to start trying to appeal to our sense of fair play, which would be a disaster for them if we actually did give them justice instead of mercy.

We'll see. It promises to be fascinating.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#564550 Nov 20, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it was nonsense. I said it hasn't happened to me and you went off on one of your trips about how I said it 'doesn't happen'.....
Nonsense.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never heard a Christian say outloud, believe in God or else.... I've never seen it written, I've never heard i preached that way.

RR, you are either stupid, drunk or both. You have proven WAY too many times that you do not remember what you say.

I can only attribute that to one of the above or a combination of the two.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#564551 Nov 20, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
No, all those cultures still exist in the US, the half of America we're talking about. There's a strong French culture in Canada, and Mexico is still pretty similar to the original Spanish culture. In the US we have even more cultures. You either ignore everything that's different from you or you're the type that just covers their ears.
The difference is that America is a mixture of all cultures. THAT is the American culture. It's solely unique to the world.

Your idiotic repsonses are exactly what I mean when I say that people USED to be proud to be America.

In the mid 1850's, the Mexicans that fought for freedom were so very proud once America took control of California. They were happy to finally be called Americans & finally be free.

Nowadays, the decendants of those Americans fly a Mexican flag over their house, betraying the honor & dignity that their ancestors had. It makes me sick.

Location hidden

#564552 Nov 20, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, there's no "set" American lifestyle. But there is a common one. Immigrants, legal and illegal, should conform to our way of life. If they love their "old country" so much, they should move back, not try to adapt Americans to their way of life.
So you're one of those people.

Our "way of life" has been to accept and celebrate a vast array of different cultures. Half of our culture is a mish mash of ethnic tradition.

Anyways, who's forcing you to "adopt" the immigrant way of life? What are you talking about? Are you one of those people that throws a fit when you have to push 1 for english?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#564553 Nov 20, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, we know you like to make it all up as you go along.
You are willfully ignorant. Or your simply being obtuse.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#564554 Nov 20, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Americans should conform to the American way? How many people do you know who were born in America that don't speak English? When I'm in the U.S. I speak English. When I'm in China I speak Chinese. It makes it much easier that way. It would be kinda silly to do it the other way around, wouldn't it?
There are "Americans" at my kids school that don't speak English. Happy now? It happens, it's sickening.

Location hidden

#564555 Nov 20, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
timn..... Stop, please stop. I KNOW there is more than one type of atheist.
www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/atheism
a : a disbelief in the existence of deity.
b : the doctrine that there is no deity.
Regardless of how you wanna doctor it up, atheists BELIEVE what they BELIEVE.
I say this because they do NOT know that God is fake. They only believe it.
Yes, you can post a definition, but you keep asserting that we really don't just lack a belief, but rather that we "believe that we don't believe." Stupid.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#564556 Nov 20, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I just had to stop you there, before your rantings became too ridiculous.
You think America has no lifestyle? No culture? So you ARE anti-American...
Read up!
The United States of America is an ethnically and racially diverse country as a result of large-scale immigration from many different countries throughout its history.
American culture includes both conservative and liberal elements, scientific and religious competitiveness, political structures, risk taking and free expression, materialist and moral elements.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Culture_of_the_United_S...
The American way of life...purports to adhere to principles of "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness."
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_way
You don't like what America is? Get out.
America has a conglomeration of lifestyles- many broken down by region, locality and neighborhood.

And nowhere did I say there is no such thing as American CULTURE.

Not my fault you don't know the difference between the words "lifestyle" and "culture".

That's right- life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

Who are YOU or anyone else to try and DICTATE how one should live their life, enjoy their liberty (under the law of course) or pursue their happiness?

You should really STOP with the "American way" BULLSH*T, RR- you have NO idea how so many here are LAUGHING at you every time you use that MORONIC and quite MEANINGLESS expression.

I've seen bumper stickers that say: God, guns and guts- the American way.

That is the way YOU embrace, but that is only ONE American "way" of MANY. It is "a" way, not "the" way to many and many who are no less United States citizens than YOU are.

You disgust me- when I'm not laughing at you, that is.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#564557 Nov 20, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
The church is not your only surrounding. Sheesh, your life is meaningless and useless.
Also, you love to give your preachers power and money, nice. You bought into the entire con, hook, line, sinker, and the rod.
HA! Again with the assumptions?

What makes you assume that I give any preacher power OR money?

Location hidden

#564558 Nov 20, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't told my kids about hell like you descirbe it. The firey, burning, pain & anguish for eternity place...
Do you really think that Christians are Christians because we're afraid of hell?
So? You still told them about it. They can figure out the rest.

And some of you, yes. Not all. I certainly think that it is a strong motivating factor for the young ones.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#564559 Nov 20, 2012
OCB wrote:
That's right- NONE of it has anything to with religion, so why do you think your Jesus should be taught in American schools, but not Buddha- and to children who are no less American than YOUR kids are?
You've decided that your god has a nationality?? And that your "American" god is the only god that should be taught about in public schools- IF it were right for ANY god to be taught about in public schools- which it's not, anyway?
The USA was founded and built by non-comformists, you butthead.
"non-confromists"? You don't know that the founding fathers were religious men?

huh...

And I never said that Jesus should be taught in public schools, did I?

Learn to f_ckin read!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#564560 Nov 20, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Then you should have made that clear. This is a forum where we communicate by writing. Do you think it was unreasonable for me to assume you were including topix in your assessment? I don't.
And you haven't watched a lot of TV or read very many letters to the editor if you haven't seen any threats. Ever seen the 700 club? Ever listened to some of the wackos on the radio?
You're right, I try to make myself clear, but I'm better at speaking my thoughts than typing them.

Yes I've seen the 700 club AND heard the wackos on the radio, but I haven't heard them try to put fear into people about going to hell & burning forever is they don't folow along.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#564561 Nov 20, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The difference is that America is a mixture of all cultures. THAT is the American culture. It's solely unique to the world.
Your idiotic repsonses are exactly what I mean when I say that people USED to be proud to be America.
In the mid 1850's, the Mexicans that fought for freedom were so very proud once America took control of California. They were happy to finally be called Americans & finally be free.
Nowadays, the decendants of those Americans fly a Mexican flag over their house, betraying the honor & dignity that their ancestors had. It makes me sick.
No, the only reason we're unique is because we're made up of a lot of other cultures. You just can't stop lowering the bar, just when we think you have said something too stupid to top, you top it.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#564562 Nov 20, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
HA! Again with the assumptions?
What makes you assume that I give any preacher power OR money?
You go to their church, then you give them money and power. You can deny it all you want, it doesn't change reality.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#564563 Nov 20, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it was nonsense. I said it hasn't happened to me and you went off on one of your trips about how I said it 'doesn't happen'.....
Nonsense.
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never heard a Christian say outloud, believe in God or else.... I've never seen it written, I've never heard i preached that way.
RR, you are either stupid, drunk or both. You have proven WAY too many times that you do not remember what you say.
I can only attribute that to one of the above or a combination of the two.
Excuse me? um..... Let's break this down.

1st, I tell you that I haven't seen it.
2nd, I tell you that I haven't seen it.
3rd, you say that I'm an idiot for think that it never happens.

4th, I can't figure what you're missing...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 27 min Catcher1 101,231
I love you sister Joyce Meyer 1 hr Doctor REALITY 1
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Liamm 670,552
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr WildWeirdWillie 184,310
hurricane hyjinks by yin katz 6 hr yin katz 4
lsexting 7 hr splashshane 1
what are the physical differences between india... (Jun '09) 8 hr Pres Mr Donald J ... 91
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 10 hr btcmacroecon 286,473
More from around the web