Prove there's a god.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#564511 Nov 20, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not lying. I'm joking. I thought that was obvious.
Although, a year and a half ago, I had to block you because I found your pms offensive. All you did was insist your religion was the only correct one, that everyone else was wrong or worshiping demons and that we all had to be like you.
i kinda remember breaking up with you, but if you need to see it the other way around; you go gurl/dude;)

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#564512 Nov 20, 2012
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. is the fundamentalist adult BS Detector inoperable or is it just stuck in the 'off' position?..
I'm not sure how to distinguish between the two in believers. With apostates, the BS Detector obviously never died.

How could it ever be a good idea to override or deny valid reasoning?

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#564513 Nov 20, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not lying. I'm joking. I thought that was obvious.
Although, a year and a half ago, I had to block you because I found your pms offensive. All you did was insist your religion was the only correct one, that everyone else was wrong or worshiping demons and that we all had to be like you.
BTW - yesterday i thought PM stood for like in the PM versus the AM. today it dawned on me that it means private message.

sorry for any confusion:)

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#564514 Nov 20, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>You MORON. An Asian American born here experiences the same culture as YOU do, and there is NO set American lifestyle, you buffoon.
{STOP}
I just had to stop you there, before your rantings became too ridiculous.

You think America has no lifestyle? No culture? So you ARE anti-American...

Read up!

The United States of America is an ethnically and racially diverse country as a result of large-scale immigration from many different countries throughout its history.

American culture includes both conservative and liberal elements, scientific and religious competitiveness, political structures, risk taking and free expression, materialist and moral elements.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Culture_of_the_United_S...

The American way of life...purports to adhere to principles of "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness."

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_way

You don't like what America is? Get out.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#564515 Nov 20, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
lol
That's just some nutcase that believes in witches & wizards...
Which distinguishes her from Satan-fearing fundies how, exactly?

And she's a Christian, killing or causing killing in the name of her Christianity.
Which was what you asked.

(That took me less than a minute. There's more. Wanna see it?)

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#564516 Nov 20, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>You have told your kids about hell! What are you missing here? If you are a christian, and you believe in hell, and you tell your kids about it, the implicit message is that they will burn there for eternity if they don't believe the same thing as you do.
STFU already.

Why do you assume so much? I HAVE NOT told my kids about hell...

DO.....YOU.....UN.....DER..... STAND....?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#564517 Nov 20, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
*my* specific way?!?
No, I said the American way....
Dumb ass
You mean the tons of immigrants that came to this land to live? Each one unique, from Italian to Spanish, German and Jewish?

No, it's your specific way that you want everyone to live, you just pretend your way is the "right" way to make yourself feel better about being a total moron.

The Borderland of Sol

#564518 Nov 20, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
awwww She went from one religion to another, then found yours.
How sweet.
Sorry, stupid assertions like that don't annoy me - wht would they? The stupidity's yours.

Atheism is a religion like not collecting stamps is a hobby.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#564519 Nov 20, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I just had to stop you there, before your rantings became too ridiculous.
You think America has no lifestyle? No culture? So you ARE anti-American...
Read up!
The United States of America is an ethnically and racially diverse country as a result of large-scale immigration from many different countries throughout its history.
American culture includes both conservative and liberal elements, scientific and religious competitiveness, political structures, risk taking and free expression, materialist and moral elements.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Culture_of_the_United_S...
The American way of life...purports to adhere to principles of "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness."
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_way
You don't like what America is? Get out.
No SET American lifestyle - as in, we have a range of lifestyles and cultures and not a singular culture.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#564520 Nov 20, 2012
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. this is your belief and you're certainly entitled to it ..
.. other than tenure and unions, yes, there are other reasons. You've probably not been in a classroom for awhile, right ??..
.. schools are now giant factories, we mass produce education. Children are not robots, they vary greatly in their needs and abilities and often come from less than perfect homes ..
.. when one teacher has 25-30 students, the individual needs of a child cannot be addressed. That's a fact. Instead of hiring more teachers, smart kids are tutoring dumb kids. But of course, hiring more teachers costs money and taxpayers are not willing to make that investment ..
.. the reasons are complex and to simply say, "Schools are no longer blessed by God," is stinking thinking ..
i'm familiar with public schools as i still have a child in one & my wife has worked for several years in one as well.

yours are legitimate concerns, but not the big picture.

the big picture is 'why should our schools, government, homes or ANYTHING work when we've rejected the ENGINEER???'

The Borderland of Sol

#564521 Nov 20, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not lying. You haven't learned the difference between God & god.
Or you do know the difference but refuse to acknowledge it.
You've yet to realize that there is no difference.

Just that you call your god "God".

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#564522 Nov 20, 2012
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
what good would a rebuttal do, you've already made up your mind. You, in your mind, are in a higher truth. You have the direct word of god, so nothing else matters, nothing else can be true. All others who don't believe in your god are wrong. No matter what the facts say, what the evidence points to...it is wrong.
But I will have a go at it. The trouble with out school system started with the "No Child Left Behind" BS, given to us by that evangelical friendly administration of George "Dumbya" Bush. I am an engineer with a Masters degree. A few years back I was visiting home and decide to help my 7th grade nephew with his math homework. I couldn't make sense of it. The book was all over the place. His mother, a teacher explain to me that in the 1st half of the year they teach the kids to pass the English test the second the math. Kids aren't learning logic and the ability to think for themselves.
I remember learning to
count
addition/subtraction
multiplication tables (by rote in 3rd grade)
division
fractions
algebra (great for logic
geometry (great for reasoning, logic and thinking with its theorems and proofs)
trig
calculus
math followed a natural progression and thought kids to think, reason and use logic.
that's all gone now.
there aren't as many required and elective classes like
anthropology
in-depth history (American & World)
sociology
political science
Literature (American & World)
philosophy
school budgets are being starved and its just the minimal basics
I don't have any kids, but would gladly pay more in taxes if it went to our school systems
throwing more money & effort into the tower of babel project didn't help it any and nor will pumping more resources into our sodoms & gomorrahs....

Location hidden

#564523 Nov 20, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
STFU already.
Why do you assume so much? I HAVE NOT told my kids about hell...
DO.....YOU.....UN.....DER..... STAND....?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course I've told my kids about hell. But I don't threaten them with it so they're scared into being Christian.
You said that yesterday. I would advise against lying on a public form.

So, I wasn't making an assumption. The reason I think you told your kids about hell is because you told me so, and because most christians (aside from the ones who don't believe in hell) tell their kids about it.

Do you understand?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#564524 Nov 20, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I did. http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE...
<quoted text>
What do you think? I mocked him in the process of debunking his claim that his bible was prescient using two other creation myths. Did that elude you? It seems that it has.
Honestly, that did elude me.

I just proof-read your posts...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#564525 Nov 20, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>What? Where did you get that from? I meant "seriously" as in - the crap that just results posts proves you assertion wrong. You assertion was "no christian I know and no christian on here threatens people with hell." That is wrong.
And anyways, hell is in and of itself a threat. It is a place of eternal suffering, where nonbelievers go. Threat. "Believe this, or else."
I never said "no christian I know and no christian on here threatens people with hell." did I?

Fluck a duck, man...

No preacher, no radio broadcast, no sermon, no Christian THAT I KNOW has ever, EVER threatened Hell like you assume they all do.

Location hidden

#564526 Nov 20, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Good post.
Thanks.

The Borderland of Sol

#564527 Nov 20, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The younger generations will carry the torch.
In the case of my particular generations, it's more likely to be something goes "boom"...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#564528 Nov 20, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>OMG. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. I am trying to tell you - there are two types of atheism. You keep insisting that there is only one - a belief that there is no god. I am telling you that there is a second type - a lack of belief in a god. Again, this is not a hard distinction. For you, apparently, it is the most subtle difference in the world, but really, this isn't that hard.
One more time. A lack of belief in a god does not equal a belief in the lack of a god. Get it?
timn..... Stop, please stop. I KNOW there is more than one type of atheist.

www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/atheism
a : a disbelief in the existence of deity.
b : the doctrine that there is no deity.

Regardless of how you wanna doctor it up, atheists BELIEVE what they BELIEVE.

I say this because they do NOT know that God is fake. They only believe it.

Location hidden

#564529 Nov 20, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
throwing more money & effort into the tower of babel project didn't help it any and nor will pumping more resources into our sodoms & gomorrahs....
But it will sure make them more fun before Jesus comes back!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#564530 Nov 20, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Which distinguishes her from Satan-fearing fundies how, exactly?
And she's a Christian, killing or causing killing in the name of her Christianity.
Which was what you asked.
(That took me less than a minute. There's more. Wanna see it?)
I didn't see that she kills.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 16 min Clearwater 87,945
Yanbu Gays (May '15) 16 min octafus 19
Weed Dundee Scotland (Mar '16) 34 min Randyballs 4
Blacks need to be deported NOW! (Oct '10) 36 min Johnny 198
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 43 min God Is Dead 619,172
Forbidden sex 48 min sinaa158 8
Ladies what's your size preference 51 min sinaa158 9
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr truth 665,182
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr Pegasus 284,497
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 6 hr Devil number 666 466
The Future of Politics in America Sat Insults Are Easier 176
More from around the web