Prove there's a god.
curious

San Antonio, TX

#564347 Nov 19, 2012
Xyzhoturutsmail wrote:
<quoted text>LIAR.
PATTY SAYS THAT YOU STALKED AND ATTACKED HER MOM'S SAFETY. YOUR POSTS, OFFLINE ATTACKS AND THREADS OF EVIL PUTRID MENTAL RETARDATION PROVE THAT YOU DID AND EXPOSE YOU AS A LIAR.
TO THE BEST OF YOUR PSYCHIATRIST'S KNOWLEDGE, YOU ARE MENTALLY DEFECTED AND HAVE A LIFE NOT WORTH LIVING. IN OTHER WORDS, YOU ARE A WASTE OF EVEN POLLUTED AIR. FREAK.
well then maybe you will be taken out , by this person on their way out hahahhaahaha

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#564348 Nov 19, 2012
who said all of superstition is misplaced

smile

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#564353 Nov 19, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
I never stated that one parent couldn't be wonderful and sufficent.
What i said was a mom and a dad was the best option.
women can be protectors to a point.
could you as a woman sucessfully fight off a preditor who's intent was to rape you or beat you?
most women can't defend themselves against a male preditor.
not because women are less or inferior, but because women are women.
So yes the man is the protector.
from the dawning of time, man has been the hunter, the protector, the provider... women have been care givers, nuturers and much more.
You see, i like the design of how God created all things.
I respect His design and the purpose of it all.
Well, aren't you just the helpless little thing.

Any "preditor" who wants to take on my daughter is on his own - she's as likely to put two in his head as I am.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#564354 Nov 19, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think that the UN or any other body should 'ban' religion, but there should be a world order to things, which put all of human beings foremost in the interest of everyone, rather than regional interests, and local beliefs.
Because of technology, we are just too fast and too dangerous to continue using systems which divide people, and religions are horribly guilty of dividing people. Look at the division in even one religion.
AGREED.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#564355 Nov 19, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think that the UN or any other body should 'ban' religion, but there should be a world order to things, which put all of human beings foremost in the interest of everyone, rather than regional interests, and local beliefs.
Because of technology, we are just too fast and too dangerous to continue using systems which divide people, and religions are horribly guilty of dividing people. Look at the division in even one religion.
Trust my words...Religion as a group will fall at the same time.....Gods Word Phrophesies this.

The Borderland of Sol

#564356 Nov 19, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
ummm....
Who kills in the name of Christianity?
-----
Who has killed on the name of Christianity?
Those are different questions. I asked the first, you answered the second.
"Who kills in the name of Christianity?"

Look up Helen Ukpabio's Liberty Foundation Gospel Ministries and their connection to the murder and torture of (at least) thousands of children in Nigeria alone.

Here's a cute little video:

The Borderland of Sol

#564357 Nov 19, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That's an odd way to put it, " my children's parents"...
I see atheists as a narrow minded group of people.
Thankfully, they're a small group.
The fact that someone doesn't like YOU does not make them narrow-minded. Just particular.

Obviously, most of the people known and loved by pretty much all atheists, at least in this country, are religious.
The majority of those are Christians.

You don't seem even to like any atheists.

Who's narrow-minded again?

The Borderland of Sol

#564358 Nov 19, 2012
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
I've not taught my son to be theist, nor would I.
If he decides to become theist at some point in the future, he's more than welcome to do so. I wouldn't stop him, but I doubt that will happen.
I've also not taught him to believe in ghosts, werewolves, leprechauns, gnomes, Invisible Purple Elvis Living in Boise Idaho theory, or any other mythical or nonsensical junk either.
If I were to decide to teach him to become theist, there are other forms of theism out there I'd teach him before I taught him Abrahamic theism, to be clear.
I never pushed my daughter in any particular direction, either.

She was a Christian by default, under her mother's 'fluence. Then became a Wiccan Lite pagan (I was slightly relieved), and found her own way to atheism.

Bless her.

“Truth is beyond wavelength ”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#564360 Nov 19, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
Time is just a place.
So we need a place too? You guys are too needy, all I need is pure being :)

The Borderland of Sol

#564361 Nov 19, 2012
Xyzhoturutsmail wrote:
<quoted text>Here:
Happy Lesbo wrote:
ROCCO wrote:
<quoted text>
At the time I typed that post, I made an error as to the correct date of that post; I stand corrected, so HAPPY BIRTHDAY SATURDAY THE 17TH, YOU SCUMBAG ABOUT TO TURN 58-YEAR OLD
<quoted text>
.. buttmunch, you are a terrible liar. If you were to ask everyone on this thread if they ever told a lie, even the smallest fabrication, everyone will say, "Yes." ..
.. for most of us, anything more than telling a little white lie or committing some other minimal misdeed makes us uneasy. You see, we have something called a conscious and it nags at us, makes us feel guilty and we realize there is something wrong with what we have done, are doing, or are contemplating. That's exactly why I haven't made public the more intimate details supplied by my two sources regarding your past, what happened in TN, after your father's death and much more. It isn't honorable, my conscious nagged at me ..
.. you do not have a conscious, that makes you a psychopath. You want this thread to be about you and are indifferent to the feelings of others, void of empathy. We don't like being lied to, being called demonic or shamed, but, you don't care what we like or don't like, what we feel or don't feel. Your life is centered on what Pattie wants and feels, to hell with everyone else ..
.. on numerous occasions, you have lied about not being Patricia yet your birthday is identical, you use the same colloquialisms, heck, you even think, write and feel like her. The odds of your not being Ms. Hadley are astronomical ..
.. you are a psychopath and desperately need help before you harm yourself or others ..
<quoted text>
.. have you murdered your mother in your mind? Do you wish she was dead? Anyone who claims a parent is dead when they are very much alive, is mentally ill. You cannot continue on this course, your life isn't working. The ending will be tragic if you do not obtain the help you need ..
I'm off tomorrow.

There's an old Celtic pre-christian curse that can cause your house to be struck by lightning.

I think I'll work it up.

Location hidden

#564362 Nov 19, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yes time is necessary for the universe to exist.
There would be no motion , and energy requires motion.
Motion requires time and without motion there is only a singularity lacking dimension.
Infinite density is , zero time zero motion zero space zero heat.
Absolute zero, or Pandora's box is a unsolvable mystery.
But it doesn't mean it had a uncaused causer of causes.
It just means it's paradoxical and counter intuitive to human reasoning. t=0 is the opposite of infinity.
The answer is "The universe simply always was, because there was no time before it." AND "Without a time before, the notion of "cause" no longer applies."
And now we're really getting somewhere; I rather enjoyed your post; you're making good sense here. The only thing I would want to suggest is that this pandora's box reality,(infinite density, absolute zero, zero motion, etc) could very well be a conscious thing. And although I agree that this infinite reality (if there is one) is most likely dimensionless, I would suggest that this state of dimensionless and timeless "infinity" can only be possible if our current reality was all an illusion; otherwise, if our current reality were an actual first order reality, then how could anything that "exists" ever disappear into 'nothingness'? I mean if nothing can come of nothing then how can something turn into nothing? Same idea.

And I would also agree with your last line. The notion of a cause makes no sense even if time was maintained in reality. That is if, by "cause", you mean to say 'something that created'. But again, just because it wasn't caused or created doesn't mean it can't be a conscious reality.

Location hidden

#564363 Nov 19, 2012
I'm sold. Not because 300 churches or Buddhist temples agree, but because it makes sense to me.....

.... that 'pure being' can be a timeless dimensionless state of consciousness, but we now perceive an illusionary reality. Don't ask me why or how we got stuck in such an illusion, but when you consider these things, it seems very possible that consciousness is something eternal; as eternal as the energy that drives our physical perceptions. I kept saying for years now that the only way to justify any speculation of 'absolute reality' is by a state of infinity. IOW we can use the converse of that to make the crux statement :

We can only justify a state of infinity by assuming that absolute reality has zero dimension.

There is no way to justify existence with our current perception of reality. An infinite physical reality such as we experience now, could never be verified, and as such cannot ever lend itself to any absolute understanding.

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#564364 Nov 20, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You had a good papa.
What if your parents were both atheists, I wonder.
I don't think our religions (or lack thereof) makes us who we are. There are good people and bad people. Just like you would get good Christians, you will get good atheists, Muslims and Jews. But, you will het the bad apples too. You will get your Hitlers, Stalins and Hirohitos. You will get your Breviks, Dahmers and Bin Ladens.

I believe that I had good, attentive parents. My dad would take days leave (some of it sick leave) on days where me and my sister had a major sporting event on. My mother always got up early to pack our lunches and always baked a cake on our birthdays (trust me, she CAN bake. If ever in South Africa, you need to visit the restuarant). Had they been Muslim, Jewish or Pagan, I believe they would have been exactly the same people

#564365 Nov 20, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
'sup D to the F.
Yo yo yo.

Double Fine in da house!
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Are there people that kill in the name of Christianity?
These days, just the nuts. In the past? The church itself
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Although I'm not a creationist, I think it's OK to have creation taught in schools. I'd say teach evolution in science class & teach creation in history class. There's no proof that we did evolve from ONE single, itty bitty amino acid, so why not? Even if we did evolve, who's to say that we weren't created to evolve?
Your last sentence is very true.

Read this slowly: The Theory of Evolution does not threaten your religion.

All that it is, is a theory based on the evidence found. The evidence certainly points to evolution from a single celled organism.

Problem with Creationism - teaching it in schools will mean that you are okay with introducing concepts like talking snakes into schools...Not cool

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#564366 Nov 20, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
will I find one, if I believe that I will look?
You will, and if you don't find one, you aren't truly looking with an open mind and trying hard enough.

Remember, the Elf Tree is there, you just have to let it speak to you, and can't make it do what YOU want it to do.

Location hidden

#564367 Nov 20, 2012
For the record, I kinda have to make a correction in my thinking. I said, "if our current reality were an actual first order reality, then how could anything that "exists" ever disappear into 'nothingness'?"

It should read, "....how could anything that exists ever disappear from reality".

Like, IOW, if there is such an infinite state of zero 'temp, density, time, and dimension' that exists or could exist, then how can we go from 'existence' to 'nonexistence'? That's makes as little sense as something being created from nothing.

I'm trying to say it in a different way so maybe it''l be easier to figure out what I'm balabbering about.

#564368 Nov 20, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, there WAS a kid just the other day who apparently had plans to shoot up the audience at the latest Twilight movie.
Oh wait.
Those were vampires.
Nevermind.
Contemplated it myself.

I ***HATE*** Twilight

#564369 Nov 20, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
ummm....
Who kills in the name of Christianity?
-----
Who has killed on the name of Christianity?
Those are different questions. I asked the first, you answered the second.
You mean currently?

Zealots. Fundies.

Since: Nov 12

Pakistan

#564370 Nov 20, 2012
Yes There is Almighty Allah.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#564371 Nov 20, 2012
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
You will, and if you don't find one, you aren't truly looking with an open mind and trying hard enough.
Remember, the Elf Tree is there, you just have to let it speak to you, and can't make it do what YOU want it to do.
I am going to catch me one

because I am of clean spirit

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 13 min truth 596,517
maa ko kaise choda jay (Mar '14) 21 min Vijji 16
Poll Why are asians so dumb? (Jan '13) 54 min asian 490
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... 2 hr MUQ2 663
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr MUQ2 40,715
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 3 hr Raje 282
The Christian Atheist debate 3 hr USaWarringIdiotSo... 1,035
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 5 hr End Times 612,638
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 6 hr An NFL Fan 177,211
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 13 hr I Am No One_ 444,356
More from around the web