“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#564162 Nov 19, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I don't think jesus would be happy with you spouting this filth on a public forum. Repent, demon!
There wasn't anything filthy in that comment. Baby teeth are sharp.

Location hidden

#564163 Nov 19, 2012
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. trust me, I KNOW the TROLL OF MANY SOCKS is not Patricia ..
You know this because you took over the YD persona for the past 3 years.

That's truly pathetic that you waste so much time holding a long gone poster up for ridicule years after she's fled the scene.

Location hidden

#564164 Nov 19, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
BY typing "jesus", I assume you mean some gardener...
Suely you meant "Jesus"....
It is juvenile to pretend that misspelling a dead man's name is going to hurt his feelings, isn't it?

xD

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#564165 Nov 19, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe some do. I very seriously doubt that many do, and certainly not to the extent that occurs in religious families. An overbearing atheist parent might tell their kids that religion is stupid, a christian parent will tell their kid eternal torture awaits disbelievers. The social situation is much different too - the penalty for disbelief within a christian circle is *much* higher than the penalty for belief within a "hardcore" atheist circle. At worst, your "hardcore" atheist buddies might think you're a little gullible - but christians who leave their faith behind risk ruining their life. Their friends, wife, support system, etc could disappear overnight.
You're wrong. I don't know if you're an atheist but you sure sound like one.

I've NEVER met a Christian that is a Chrisitian so that they don't burn in hell.

I've NEVER met a Christian that tries to put fear in their kids about burning in hell.

EVERY Christian I've ever known is a Christian for the thought of eternity & being reunited with lost loved ones.

Location hidden

#564166 Nov 19, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Eh. Who cares if I don't capitalize his name? I don't capitalize a lot of proper nouns when I type.
Stop pretending that we don't know what you're doing. It's classic teenage BS, especially among girls, this showing of contempt by the mispronouncing or misspelling of a hated nemesis' name.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#564167 Nov 19, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
<ugh>
Either you KNOW God does't exist or you BELIEVE it.....
Since I know that you don't know, then it's your belief.
That because you are a theist.

It isn't a belief.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#564168 Nov 19, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Why can't you "believers" to participate on this thread as adults? We have a topic. We have specific guidelines set out in the first post regarding what forms of responses are not permitted. Specifically assuming the existence of a god, while providing proof, is not proof. Quoting the Bible, commonly called the "word of God" is not proof.
Referring to the Gospel truth(s) is not proof.
All of those things would have relevance if and when a god is proved to exist and then that god is proved to be the same god that is referenced in the Bible. Otherwise the Bible and all references to Christian belief have no place in the topic.
Is it that believers are afraid to participate in an adult discussion about legitimate proofs of a god? Is it that believers are not mentally equipped to be able to cope with proofs of a god?
What is the reason that believers will not follow the simple guidelines of this discussion topic?
are YOU talking to me?

i refuse to engage you unless you can tell me that you weren't involved with personaly harrasing YD at her home or business, or harrasing anyone else for disagreeing with you for that matter.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#564169 Nov 19, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Not directly, but this sentence implies it.
"Tell me, did you teach your children to be worshipers of Quetzalcoatl, then show them that there are alternatives at a later point? "
It was your statement that I should teach my son theism and "Sunday school" that brought forward that comment.

my comment merely highlighted that your theism blinds you to the many other *brands* of theism out there, and that by you simply specifying "Sunday school", shows your inability to discuss this subject in an impartial way.

When you think of atheism, you think it applies to only your specific theistic belief.

You are wrong to assume that stance, and criticize me for not teaching only Abrahamic Christianity to my son, as the only option between theism and atheism.

As I've said before, if I were to teach my son a theistic belief, or choose to have a theistic belief myself, it wouldn't be the Abrahamic beliefs, there are many other deity beliefs that are better than Christianity I would choose first.

But, it would only be a belief based in the desire to do so, which I do not desire to do, since there is no proof of a deity.

It'd be like deciding to take up a belief that elves bake cookies in trees.

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#564170 Nov 19, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
That monk was protesting the (minority, elite rule) Catholic treatment of (majority) Buddhists, and so protested through self-immolation. Yes, he's dead, but he killed himself to make the strongest point he could against the face of tyranny.
He should have thrown shit on the face of tyranny instead.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#564171 Nov 19, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
No, these people did not really do those things. Can you give any possible scenario that would explain why some anonymous people from the internet would go to a hospital in some far off place and try to have the mother of someone else removed?
Some people here have gained some information from other people on this site who do live in RS and have provided information about her privately to these people (most of the info posted here about Yellodog, though, was voluntarily provided at various times by her). This is hearsay as far as I am concerned because I am not part of the connection to these local people. I don't even know what posters here are local in RS, other than some avatars show RS as their location.
There has been concern raised over having communicated with Yellodog over the period that she has been here that she has some serious mental issues. It has been reported that a Social Service Agency was contacted in Kentucky some months ago to request that they do an assessment of her situation.
Whether such assessment was done, or not, has not been disclosed to anyone that I am aware of (that would not be information that a government agency would disclose anyway to protect the privacy of the individual they were investigating).
Some posts that Yellodog made around the time that the Agency had been contacted seemed to indicate that something had occurred in her life, that some might assume was she had been contacted, however her comments regarding this were not consistent with what this type of agency would have been doing, so she was likely referring to some contact from a local person, possibly a relative, which was coincidental in timing.
It would be beneficial to this site if those who claim to be believers, and some even "real Christians" would start acting the part, stop with their continuous vulgar attacks on other participants, and either participate in the topic or leave the site.
thanks for the information, sir, but i think it's kind of creepy that you know so much about this person.

FYI - acting like "real Christians" in the biblical sense means confessing sin and trusting in the Sacrifice of Christ for it; the opposite is to be so oblivious to your sinnfulness that you think your shit doesn't stink & that you need no Sacrifice. THIS is pure evil and the one's to watch out for....

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#564172 Nov 19, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Because I don't believe in a god.
well then as 'good' as a father you would be for throwing yourself in front of a train for your son, you're failing to save him from eternal destruction.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#564174 Nov 19, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
I never stated that one parent couldn't be wonderful and sufficent.
What i said was a mom and a dad was the best option.
women can be protectors to a point.
could you as a woman sucessfully fight off a preditor who's intent was to rape you or beat you?
most women can't defend themselves against a male preditor.
not because women are less or inferior, but because women are women.
So yes the man is the protector.
from the dawning of time, man has been the hunter, the protector, the provider... women have been care givers, nuturers and much more.
You see, i like the design of how God created all things.
I respect His design and the purpose of it all.
Why are you so sexist?

I have seen women who could take on 5 Samoans, and still teach you a thing or two about being a woman. Women who cannot defend themselves are that way because of sexist morons telling them they can't defend themselves.

“What's left to defend?”

Freedom

#564175 Nov 19, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
thats called 'disfunctional'.
It's spelled "dysfunctional".

Are you pretending that you're not Yellodog?

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#564176 Nov 19, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're wrong. I don't know if you're an atheist but you sure sound like one.
I've NEVER met a Christian that is a Chrisitian so that they don't burn in hell.
I've NEVER met a Christian that tries to put fear in their kids about burning in hell.
EVERY Christian I've ever known is a Christian for the thought of eternity & being reunited with lost loved ones.
I am an atheist. How does one "sound" like an atheist?

And not many will straight up say that they are a christian solely to avoid hell. However, the constant threats of hellfire and damnation that your fellow believers constantly hurl across the aisle would seem to disprove your assertion that hell is meaningless to a christian. Why use it as reason to convert if they don't believe, in part, so that they don't go there? Even you, a few posts ago, told me that hell in and of itself is a good enough cause to believe.

You've never met a christian that doesn't scare their kids with hell? So do your friends just not talk about hell? Because there is no way to broach the subject of eternal torture for disbelief without *terrifying* a child. Do you think that there is a "non scary" way to tell a kid that if they experience a moment of doubt at the wrong time they might burn forever?

So, you're all christians because you're scared of death? That seems a rather undignified reason to dedicate your life to jesus. I doubt god appreciates it when people only believe in him to get to heaven.

Location hidden

#564177 Nov 19, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Stop pretending that we don't know what you're doing. It's classic teenage BS, especially among girls, this showing of contempt by the mispronouncing or misspelling of a hated nemesis' name.
Hahahahahahah. Wow.*j*esus is my hated nemesis?

Search through my posts, if you really care that much, and you will find that I often don't capitalize proper nouns. It's laziness more than anything. That extra inch of movement is just too much work for my fingers.

Location hidden

#564178 Nov 19, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>It is juvenile to pretend that misspelling a dead man's name is going to hurt his feelings, isn't it?
xD
Did I ever insinuate that I was trying to "hurt his feelings?" You guys are reading *way* too far into it. How petty are you? Getting all upset that I didn't capitalize your skydaddy's name. It's a force of habit - I do it with proper nouns all the time.

And how dare you call jesus dead! He is risen! Blasphemer!

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#564179 Nov 19, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever. I'm not talking about schools in two-thirds of the world, I'm talking about American schools....
So? There are Americans who don't believe in the god that you do, so why shouldn't children be taught about other gods if they're going to be taught about the Christian god as you think they should be taught?

There are many who were born here who are Asian Americans who believe in Buddha, for example.

Are they any less American because of their Asian heritage?

“What's left to defend?”

Freedom

#564180 Nov 19, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know this just isn't "mean pattie"?
That's highly unlikely.

“What's left to defend?”

Freedom

#564181 Nov 19, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Regardless of indoctrination, be it religious or atheist, a person makes up their own mind in the end. Nobody gets "brainwashed" into anything.
How many atheists are just on this site that used to be religious? And vice versa.
What do you think brainwashing is?

Standard religious indoctrination is a brainwashing system.

“What's left to defend?”

Freedom

#564182 Nov 19, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
If you haven't taught your son to be a theist, then you've taught him to be an atheist.
Way to go.
Awesome job of letting him "learn his own way"...
Right now I'm teaching you how to not be intelligent.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Weight Watchers diet: how to lose weight? 4 min diettips 1
How to Copy DVD to Computer / PC / Hard Drive? 7 min lydiawang 1
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 26 min truth 574,347
hi 29 min Mantu 1
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr KiMare 97,908
chat with demi lovato 112 (the real official de... (Jan '09) 1 hr viky235 1,909
sex (May '13) 1 hr Country Boy 4 Life 97
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr lil whispers 608,267
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 hr RADEKT 269,038
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 9 hr Jon 19
Straight guys: Would you ever have intercourse ... (Jul '12) Wed viky235 164
More from around the web