Prove there's a god.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#564449 Nov 20, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Those beliefs are not forced on kids as actual "beliefs." They are lighthearted fun. They stop being reinforced by the teenage years. No one threatens you with hell if you don't believe in santa claus.
You keep bringing up being threatened by hell. A lot. Where you threatened a lot as a kid or something?

I have never heard a Christian say outloud, believe in God or else.... I've never seen it written, I've never heard i preached that way.

This is your "reason" for not being Christian.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#564450 Nov 20, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Nice rebuttal.
How can Christians be more right than the Jews about the Old Testament? If they can, then Jews, Muslims, and secular humanists can be more right about the New Testament than the Christians are, as I claim to be.
Which is it? Are the Jews the Old Testament authorities, or is anybody allowed to make that claim, as I have about the New Testament, a claim you rejected because I am no longer a Christian?
I wasn't implying that Jews know more than Christians or vice verse. That was your implication.

Your logic?

Simply because you know.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#564451 Nov 20, 2012
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
bad analogy....
most kids find out that Santa & Easter Bunny aren't real by sneaking around at night ans seeing Daddy putting out the gifts.
Besides stories of Santa & EB are nothing like religious indoctrination, 24/7, 365, Sunday services, sunday school, daily prayers etc
You missed the point.

Here's me surprised '_'

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#564452 Nov 20, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
But you still haven't answered as to why you called the heavens (the universe) "space".
Did you agree with that author?
Maybe because "space" is the main component of the universe.

and if you are worried so much about punctuation, grammar and capitalization on a forum, then you're a tad bit too anal retentive.

its the thought, the idea, the argument that is important here, this is not grade school and we are not graded on our grammar

I'm guessing you'd have a real hard time tweeting....

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#564453 Nov 20, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>What? How about you stop with the childishness and actually respond to what I said. If you found yourself in a world dominated by vampirism, which is clearly a silly belief, would you go along, or would you speak out?
If you read my post, you'd see that I said I might consider. Why would one be so foolish to think that they're right when 2 billion people disagree with them?
If you had to deal with hearing about kids dying because of this belief, would you keep quiet?
What?!? Kids dying?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#564454 Nov 20, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah. IF everyone else believed in vampires, you would too. That makes you fickle, and it reflects negatively on your current beliefs. Are you a christian only because you are surrounded by christians?
You are very dense. I can't explain myself to you 5,000 times.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#564455 Nov 20, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep bringing up being threatened by hell. A lot. Where you threatened a lot as a kid or something?
I have never heard a Christian say outloud, believe in God or else.... I've never seen it written, I've never heard i preached that way.
Are you blind or have you simply not read the posts here by "just results"- just one of many so-called Christians here who have said that those who don't believe in the god that you do will burn forever in hell?

You are either lying (yet again for your Jesus) or you don't know how to read or you didn't read ANY of the MANY posts here by MANY of your fellow Christians who have said exactly what you say you have never heard out loud or have never seen written.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#564456 Nov 20, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I already told you that I wasn't threatened with it as a kid. I didn't need to be. It's terrifying enough as it is. Do you disagree? As a young kid, is it not scary to hear that if you don't believe in god, you will burn forever? Is it not scary to be a kid who feels a passing pang out doubt, and then worries if that moment of disbelief will send him to hell? Are you really defending hell as a concept and as an OK thing to teach our children?

You obviously haven't looked too hard on these forums. I've been told more times than I can count that I'm going to hell unless I believe, and I've seen it happen many times to other people.

No, it's not my "reason" for not being christian. The reason I am not a christian is the same reason you are not a buddhist. I don't give your religion a special status in my lack of belief.

Location hidden

#564457 Nov 20, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
If you read my post, you'd see that I said I might consider. Why would one be so foolish to think that they're right when 2 billion people disagree with them?
<quoted text>
What?!? Kids dying?
If you read my original post in which I responded to your vampire nonsense, I acknowledged that you said you would only consider. That doesn't change my point.

So, you would consider it reasonable to believe in vampires if 2 billion other people did? No evidence, no nothing, just a large number of people who believe it is all you need to believe in something so stupid. That's why I said you're fickle.

Location hidden

#564458 Nov 20, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You are very dense. I can't explain myself to you 5,000 times.
You already did explain yourself. You said you would consider believing in vampires if many other people did. That means you base your belief system purely on popularity, not on evidence, not on common sense, not on logic, etc. That means you are fickle.

Elmont, Long Island NY

#564459 Nov 20, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
tenure & unions are surface/employee related issues. the big picture issue that's destroying us from the inside out is PCism/the new morality which essentially is the spirit of antichrist and this system IS NOT BLESSED OF GOD.
go ahead and rebutt with more external nonsense...
what good would a rebuttal do, you've already made up your mind. You, in your mind, are in a higher truth. You have the direct word of god, so nothing else matters, nothing else can be true. All others who don't believe in your god are wrong. No matter what the facts say, what the evidence points to...it is wrong.

But I will have a go at it. The trouble with out school system started with the "No Child Left Behind" BS, given to us by that evangelical friendly administration of George "Dumbya" Bush. I am an engineer with a Masters degree. A few years back I was visiting home and decide to help my 7th grade nephew with his math homework. I couldn't make sense of it. The book was all over the place. His mother, a teacher explain to me that in the 1st half of the year they teach the kids to pass the English test the second the math. Kids aren't learning logic and the ability to think for themselves.

I remember learning to
count
addition/subtraction
multiplication tables (by rote in 3rd grade)
division
fractions
algebra (great for logic
geometry (great for reasoning, logic and thinking with its theorems and proofs)
trig
calculus

math followed a natural progression and thought kids to think, reason and use logic.

that's all gone now.

there aren't as many required and elective classes like
anthropology
in-depth history (American & World)
sociology
political science
Literature (American & World)
philosophy

school budgets are being starved and its just the minimal basics

I don't have any kids, but would gladly pay more in taxes if it went to our school systems

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#564460 Nov 20, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Good job!
<<CLAPS HANDS>>
You're learning!
A person can be indoctrinated into many beliefs, atheism is just one of many...
Despite your elation at what you think you wrote above, you have absolutely no idea what it is you are saying.

hahaaa

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#564461 Nov 20, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
Liar.
Skank.
nanoanomaly wrote:
You guys private message and email each other every day. I know they spread the word to you.
You do, do you? What makes you think I would care?
nanoanomaly wrote:
I know you saw the link they gave showing her personal information and the posts of your buddies bragging about cruising cemeteries looking for her family plot.
I didn't see any such link, and wouldn't be interested if I had. I don't care about YELLODOG or her intrigues, and almost never reply to her posts. I have no idea why Booots does. My interest in this matter was with him and his posting to her, not her. She's just another Christian zombie. I don't even see whole people there. They're more like pithed.
nanoanomaly wrote:
You've read this thread, religiously, and far longer than I have. Stop feigning innocence.
Is that right? I was gone from this thread from Feb 29, 2012 http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE... until Sep 27, 2012 http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE... . See if you can find a single post of mine on this thread between those dates. Is that what you meant by following this thread "far longer than [you] have"

You are full of misinformation, and should be disregarded.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#564462 Nov 20, 2012
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe because "space" is the main component of the universe.
and if you are worried so much about punctuation, grammar and capitalization on a forum, then you're a tad bit too anal retentive.
its the thought, the idea, the argument that is important here, this is not grade school and we are not graded on our grammar
I'm guessing you'd have a real hard time tweeting....
Do you often answer questions not asked to you?

I don't tweet. At all. Nor Facebook.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#564463 Nov 20, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Are you blind or have you simply not read the posts here by "just results"- just one of many so-called Christians here who have said that those who don't believe in the god that you do will burn forever in hell?
You are either lying (yet again for your Jesus) or you don't know how to read or you didn't read ANY of the MANY posts here by MANY of your fellow Christians who have said exactly what you say you have never heard out loud or have never seen written.
Is that how it works to you? JR posts this & that and I get reamed for it?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#564464 Nov 20, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I already told you that I wasn't threatened with it as a kid. I didn't need to be. It's terrifying enough as it is. Do you disagree? As a young kid, is it not scary to hear that if you don't believe in god, you will burn forever? Is it not scary to be a kid who feels a passing pang out doubt, and then worries if that moment of disbelief will send him to hell? Are you really defending hell as a concept and as an OK thing to teach our children?
You obviously haven't looked too hard on these forums. I've been told more times than I can count that I'm going to hell unless I believe, and I've seen it happen many times to other people.
No, it's not my "reason" for not being christian. The reason I am not a christian is the same reason you are not a buddhist. I don't give your religion a special status in my lack of belief.
I don't know, man. I can honestly say that I haven't given the whole burning in hell thing too much thought. I wasn't scared into being a Christian. I chose to be one. I choose to enjoy and follow the teachings of Jesus.

Elmont, Long Island NY

#564465 Nov 20, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I was by the nuns in the grade school (1st thru 8) I attended.
In fact we were told we were put on Earth to suffer so that we could earn our way into heaven. we weren't suppose to enjoy life....that go meant for us to live our lives in misery. and if we dared to something fun and enjoyable (most of which was a "sin") we would go to hell.

in fact in 1st grade, I remember the nun telling us that:
sex was a sin
it should only be used between married people
and that even then we weren't suppose to enjoy it, that would be a sin

you should go find Yellowdog, she's always spouting that only those who believe in her god can get into heaven all others are doomed to an eternity in hell.

that's the case with almost all evangelical fanatics and the Catholic church. all those who don't believe exactly like them are doomed to hell. in fact you could be the most kind, helpful, philanthropist but if you're a atheists its off to hell for you. Meanwhile you could be the world's worst serial killer, as long as you say you're sorry on your death bed and announce your belief in Jesus, you're saved and off to heaven

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#564466 Nov 20, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>If you read my original post in which I responded to your vampire nonsense, I acknowledged that you said you would only consider. That doesn't change my point.
So, you would consider it reasonable to believe in vampires if 2 billion other people did? No evidence, no nothing, just a large number of people who believe it is all you need to believe in something so stupid. That's why I said you're fickle.
No. Damn it, tim. Again, I never said I'd believe, I said us consider.

Got that?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#564467 Nov 20, 2012
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Despite your elation at what you think you wrote above, you have absolutely no idea what it is you are saying.
hahaaa
I do understand that you believe there is no god.

uh-oh! There's that scary word again!

Elmont, Long Island NY

#564468 Nov 20, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you often answer questions not asked to you?
I don't tweet. At all. Nor Facebook.
its a forum dipwad.....that's what people do on forums....

BTW care to parse this sentence for me

At all.

is tweet a noun or a verb in "I don't tweet."

how bout Nor Facebook.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min President DonJ Trump 675,595
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 10 min UIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 110,283
Lido Theater, Dallas (Mar '12) 25 min Roxanne 474
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 31 min Palanty 46,195
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 1 hr Classic 4,087
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 2 hr Retribution 15
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr UIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 184,752
More from around the web