“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#564041 Nov 19, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not hard to tell when Riverside Redneck is posting drunk. His personality changes,and he becomes more abusive. You've probably noticed huge swings in his manners and his tolerance thresholds. I'm guessing that his drinking has hurt damaged relationships for over half his life.
How did I do, RR? You're a mean drunk, aren't you? You regret it when you sober up, like the Wolfman the morning after a full moon. But then you drink again, and regret it again.
You did terrible.

"You're a mean drunk, aren't you?"

I'm not a drunk, so.....

I drink a beer here & there.

Go on. Assume some more.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#564042 Nov 19, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I wouldn't force feed them anything. I would try to give them the tools to make their own decisions about the world, but I wouldn't tell them what exactly to believe. I doubt very many people would be religious if it wasn't forced on them as a kid. I remember being terrified of hell as a kid - and that was just from going to church - my parents never did the whole fire and brimstone thing. That's not a nice thing to have to think about as a kid.
Ya right. I seriously doubt you would teach them anything about God except what Carlin & Mayer have to say.

By doing so, you're not letting them think for themselves, you're force-feeding them your "fact" that God doesn't exist.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#564043 Nov 19, 2012
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
You'll have to overlook some of the Hebrew fonts not showing correctly.
He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth, and its people are like grasshoppers. He stretches out the heavens like a canopy, and spreads them out like a tent to live in. Isa 40:22
Isa 40:22 BHT-Transliterated Hebrew Text
Isaiah 40:22 hayyb `al-Hg hrec wybʺh KaHgbm hann kaDDq mayim wayyimTHm Khel lbet (Isa 40:22 BHT)
Holladay Lexicon:
2391 gWx
gWx: circle; g hre, the earth conceived of as a disk Is 40:22; g al-pn thm horizon on the sea Pr 827; g mayim vault of the heavens Jb 2214.(pg 97)
TWOT Hebrew Lexicon.
2329 gWx chuwg {khoog}
Meaning: 1) circle, circuit, compass 2)(BDB) vault (of the heavens)
Origin: from 02328; TWOT - 615a; n m
Usage: AV - circle 1, circuit 1, compass 1; 3
GESENIUS' HEBREW GRAMMAR
[2867](Hebrew)(page 295)
gWx n.[m.] vault;only of vault of the heavens $lhth ~ymv gWx Jb 22:14; -l[ gWx AqxuB.~wht np Pr 8:27; #rah gWx-l[; bveyh Is 40:22
Definitions taken from BibleWorks 9.0 <= That's a handy software to have.
The verse in question is referencing a circle, specifically a disc. Some might imply it meant a "vault"(which, again, in this context would mean all in sight to the horizon ie:circle or disc) or, compass, circuit etc. All of those variations do not mean "sphere".
The word in context and in meaning, as used, according to Hebraic lexicons denotes an old fashioned, flat, 2D circle.
Just what you'd think nomadic desert dwelling goat herders would use in describing a world they knew little about.
Not a 3D sphere.
Noun: circle
1. Ellipse in which the two axes are of equal length; a plane curve generated by one point moving at a constant distance from a fixed point
2. An unofficial association of people or groups
3. Something approximating the shape of a circle
4. Movement once around a course
5. A road junction at which traffic streams circularly around a central island
6. Street name for flunitrazepam
7. A curved section or tier of seats in a hall or theater or opera house; usually the first tier above the orchestra
8. Any circular or rotating mechanism
WordWeb Pro 6.0
A sphere is circular. A circle is not spherical
1 Chronicles 16:30:He has fixed the earth firm, immovable.
Psalm 93:1:Thou hast fixed the earth immovable and firm ...
Psalm 96:10:He has fixed the earth firm, immovable ...
Psalm 104:5:Thou didst fix the earth on its foundation so that it never can be shaken.
Isaiah 45:18:...who made the earth and fashioned it, and himself fixed it fast...
The Flat Earth Society bases it's claim of a flat earth entirely upon biblical text.
http://www.lhup.edu/~dsimanek/febible.htm
What the earth looks like according to the bible.
http://www.lhup.edu/~dsimanek/enoch24.gif
I compiled this info a while back and keep it in a .txt file for occasions such as this.
You spend a lot of time attempting to disprove that which you say you don't believe in....

One wonders if you've compiled the same "proof" that there are no werewolves....

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#564044 Nov 19, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
I had to delete some of that rant to even have space for my brief response. And the mental case wonders why anybody would skim past his ravings.
:-]
I wonder why you'd even bother... You'll ask him about something, say prayer..., and he'll tell you about his life long love of baseball...

lol

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#564045 Nov 19, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya right. I seriously doubt you would teach them anything about God except what Carlin & Mayer have to say. By doing so, you're not letting them think for themselves, you're force-feeding them your "fact" that God doesn't exist.
We don't let children think for themselves in any area of importance until they are at least adolescents. That's why we don't offer them the stork theory of obstetrics in school beside the scientific model of human reproduction, and let them decide for themselves. We tell them how it is.

A good parent teaches critical thinking skills to his children as they are growing. With this, you cannot stop them from thinking for themselves - when they're qualified. But until that faculty is developed, we coach their thinking. That's how they learn the skill.

You wouldn't be so duplicitous as to offer me an argument that you wouldn't accept yourself, would you? You are "force-feeding children brought to Sunday school your "fact" that God" does exist. Or are you suggesting that Sunday school gives children both the Creationist and the scientific views presented equally, and asks them to choose for themselves? I hope not.

So why do you ask skeptics to do that?

Just kidding. I know.

Fennario

#564046 Nov 19, 2012
Truth signed in wrote:
At a time when many thought the earth was flat, the Bible told us that the earth is spherical.

Isaiah 40:22 - "It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in"
The earth is not a circle. It is a sphere. Synonyms for sphere include words like ball and globe.

A circle is a flat, two-dimensional object. Words associated with circular objects include coin, plate, and disc.

Circles, like squares and a triangles, are flat objects that all have three dimensional counterparts with different names. In three dimensions, a square becomes a cube, and a triangle a pyramid. They are very different. We don't put ice squares in our drinks, and we don't go to Egypt to visit the triangles. You wouldn't think much of my worldly knowledge or sophistication if I said that I had. I expect as much from a god.

Fennario

#564047 Nov 19, 2012
Truth signed in wrote:
Grant it...the bible said "circle". Which is not actually a sphere
You say that like the distinction is trivial. The Hebrews had separate words for circles (chug) and ball (dur), and used the word for circle - an error.

That's a huge scientific error, especially given the scriptures that imply that the whole surface of the earth is visible from a height.

[1](Isa 40:22) It is he who sits above the circle of the earth, and its inhabitants are like grasshoppers; who stretches out the heavens like a curtain, and spreads them like a tent to live in.

[2](Dan 4:10-11) Upon my bed this is what I saw; there was a tree at the center of the earth, and its height was great. The tree grew great and strong, its top reached to heaven, and it was visible to the ends of the whole earth.

[3](Mat 4:8) Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor

[4](Job 38:13) that it might take the earth by the edges and shake the wicked out of it

[5](Job 11:9 ) Its measure is longer than the earth, and broader than the sea.

The bible authors didn't have any inside information. That matters, or your website wouldn't be arguing otherwise, would it?

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#564048 Nov 19, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You spend a lot of time attempting to disprove that which you say you don't believe in....
One wonders if you've compiled the same "proof" that there are no werewolves....
Yo RR.

No, probably not, however, there aren't people who kill others in the name of werewolves. There aren't any anti-scientific groups trying to force creationism into schools because of werewolves. There are no people who would key one's car because one does not believe in werewolves

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#564049 Nov 19, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
If my child is crossing a railroad track with a train barreling down the track, and the only way I can save him is to give up my own life, I know I would save him without thinking twice.
My wife? I'm not sure. My enemy, or even a stranger, or a friend, hey, let's be honest. So unless love is some sort of a "feeling" but without consequences....
"If my child is crossing a railroad track..."

this is hypotheticaly just what Thee FATHER did for humanity by sending His Son who sacrficed His life for ours.

based on your own mentality, why do you have a problem with the love of God as demonstrated through the gift of His Son?

Fennario

#564050 Nov 19, 2012
I forgot to close your scientific prescience page at http://www.eternal-productions.org/101science... , and looked at it again. Here are a few more entries in it:

"Noble behavior understood (John 15:13; Romans 5:7-8). The Bible and history reveal that countless people have endangered or even sacrificed their lives for another. This reality is completely at odds with Darwins theory of the survival of the fittest."

Nonsense. Evolutionary theory not only allows for altruism, it supports it. Parental behavior, which supports the idea of teaching - the first new way of passing information to the next generation since replicating molecules - is a classic example. The birds and mammals have it, and it supports evolutionary advances that give its benefactors adaptive advantage - a new way to adapt, in fact.

==========

"Chicken or egg dilemma solved (Genesis 1:20-22). Which came first, the chicken or the egg? This question has plagued philosophers for centuries. The Bible states that God created birds with the ability to reproduce after their kind. Therefore the chicken was created first with the ability to make eggs! Yet, evolution has no solution for this dilemma."

This is absurdly unsophisticated - equating eggs and chicken eggs. Flatworms and their eggs have been around over 500 million years. The first birds appeared in the Jurassic, about 200 million years ago.

==========

"The first three verses of Genesis accurately express all known aspects of the creation (Genesis 1:1-3). Science expresses the universe in terms of: time, space, matter, and energy. In Genesis chapter one we read:In the beginning (time) God created the heavens (space) and the earth (matter)Then God said,Let there be light (energy). No other creation account agrees with the observable evidence."

The Babylonians nailed that one, too:

"The mighty Marduk took his club and split Tiamats body in half. He placed half of her body in the sky and made the heavens [space]. He created the moon to guard the heavens, and set it moving back and forth, on endless [time] patrol [energy]. With the other half of Tiamat's body he made the land [matter].

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#564051 Nov 19, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm glad you asked. I actually did answer your question, just not in the manner you wanted. I told you that I liked you thinking I was a gay man. That's totally cool for me, I don't care what you believe.
This is how I take a stand against bigots like you. Sexual preference is meaningless as a divider of people. I've been asked if I was a gay woman/man, straight woman/man. If you're not taking me out on a date, and you never will, it's irrelevant. The only reason you are concerned about it is because you draw bigotry from your hateful religion.
So think whatever you like. Believe whomever you like. If you want me to be a man for you, baby, I'll be a man.
"This is how I take a stand against bigots"

"your hateful religion...."

all i need to do with a response like yours is let you expose your own hypocricy.....

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#564052 Nov 19, 2012
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I said, "most of the atheists have read it and know what it says better than the Christians do." Knowing the scripture and knowing what it says are two different things. To "know" scripture, would be to understand it. It would be impossible to understand it without knowing God. Again, there is a significant difference in knowing God, and knowing who He is...just to be clear.
<quoted text> Let me ask you, do you seek to find Brahma, the Hindu creator? Of course you don't. You don't believe in Brahma, so why would you seek to find him? I firmly believe and the bible says it, we are to be a light to the world. People need to see God in us...they need to see His light. The Pharisees had the outward appearance of being Godly, but they didn't live what they taught. "The scribes and the Pharisees sit on Moses' seat; so practice and observe whatever they tell you, but not what they do; for they preach, but do not practice. They bind heavy burdens, hard to bear, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with their finger. They do all their deeds to be seen by men; for they make their phylacteries broad and their fringes long, and they love the place of honor at feasts and the best seats in the synagogues, and salutations in the market places, and being called rabbi by men. But you are not to be called rabbi, for you have one teacher, and you are all brethren. And call no man your father on earth, for you have one Father, who is in heaven." (Matthew 23:2-9 RSV)in the same way, we can stand on the streets and shout scripture all day long. Attend church every time the doors are open, but if we can't show love and concern for the lost, we're no different than the Pharisees. Jesus said, ""For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven" (Mat 5:20).
<quoted text>
You said that, not me. Please don't misquote or assume something and then quote it as if I said it.
I think that guy has serious issues. He cannot even be communicated with. When you respond to him politely he comes back with his rants and accusations. Probably someone the moderators should be dealing with, if they actually exist.

I will discuss or chat with anyone who can be reached, but when there is nothing there to reach, I cannot be bothered any longer.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#564053 Nov 19, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
You aren't remotely close to "truth" in any of your writings. I know you believe it, but one day, perhaps, you'll get some wisdom and think "wow...oops."
where is this "truth" you speak of?

defensiveness and and anger is the only response i get from unbelievers for sharing the truth of the Gospel

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#564054 Nov 19, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Waaasssuuup obviously has a thing for "the actor", James Woods. I liked him in True Believer.
LOL - not really tammy;)

#564055 Nov 19, 2012
I forgot to close your scientific prescience page at http://www.eternal-productions.org/101science... , and looked at it again. Here are a few more entries in it:
"Noble behavior understood (John 15:13; Romans 5:7-8). The Bible and history reveal that countless people have endangered or even sacrificed their lives for another. This reality is completely at odds with Darwins theory of the survival of the fittest."
Nonsense. Evolutionary theory not only allows for altruism, it supports it. Parental behavior, which supports the idea of teaching - the first new way of passing information to the next generation since replicating molecules - is a classic example. The birds and mammals have it, and it supports evolutionary advances that give its benefactors adaptive advantage - a new way to adapt, in fact.
==========
"Chicken or egg dilemma solved (Genesis 1:20-22). Which came first, the chicken or the egg? This question has plagued philosophers for centuries. The Bible states that God created birds with the ability to reproduce after their kind. Therefore the chicken was created first with the ability to make eggs! Yet, evolution has no solution for this dilemma."
This is absurdly unsophisticated - equating eggs and chicken eggs. Flatworms and their eggs have been around over 500 million years. The first birds appeared in the Jurassic, about 200 million years ago.
==========
"The first three verses of Genesis accurately express all known aspects of the creation (Genesis 1:1-3). Science expresses the universe in terms of: time, space, matter, and energy. In Genesis chapter one we read:In the beginning (time) God created the heavens (space) and the earth (matter)Then God said,Let there be light (energy). No other creation account agrees with the observable evidence."
The Babylonians nailed that one, too:
"The mighty Marduk took his club and split Tiamats body in half. He placed half of her body in the sky and made the heavens [space]. He created the moon to guard the heavens, and set it moving back and forth, on endless [time] patrol [energy]. With the other half of Tiamat's body he made the land [matter].
One correction, mi amigo

Birds appeared about 150 million years ago.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#564056 Nov 19, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
You should have seen the pm's. I had to block him. Won't he be surprised when James sends him an autographed photo.
:)
umm...if you're referring to me you're a definite liar as i've only posted in the pm maybe once or twice since i've been doing this and the last time was probably about a year or so ago:)

#564057 Nov 19, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
umm...if you're referring to me you're a definite liar as i've only posted in the pm maybe once or twice since i've been doing this and the last time was probably about a year or so ago:)
So you have a thing for James Woods?

It's cool, we don't judge

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#564058 Nov 19, 2012
Xyzhoturutsmail wrote:
<quoted text>I applaud you, this is good. The only to end it is to address it when they do it.
Boooots and HL claim that are trying to help her, then they tell her that she works cleaning toilets. They claim that they found out her name, from a poster in her home town. These idiots, HL, boooots, Kaitlin, Hiding and Catcher actually contacted her job and also the hospital where her mom was and tried to get her mom removed.
wow - these 'people' really did this??? this is the very definition of evil; cains, if you will, who can't physically kill the abels in their lives so they do the next worst thing possible

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#564059 Nov 19, 2012
<quoted text>
We don't let children think for themselves in any area of importance until they are at least adolescents. That's why we don't offer them the stork theory of obstetrics in school beside the scientific model of human reproduction, and let them decide for themselves. We tell them how it is.
A good parent teaches critical thinking skills to his children as they are growing. With this, you cannot stop them from thinking for themselves - when they're qualified. But until that faculty is developed, we coach their thinking. That's how they learn the skill.
You wouldn't be so duplicitous as to offer me an argument that you wouldn't accept yourself, would you? You are "force-feeding children brought to Sunday school your "fact" that God" does exist. Or are you suggesting that Sunday school gives children both the Creationist and the scientific views presented equally, and asks them to choose for themselves? I hope not.
So why do you ask skeptics to do that?
Just kidding. I know.
Didn't you go to Sunday School? Weren't you given the option of believing in God or not?

All I'm saying is that I think most athitards won't even give their kids a choice whether or not to believe.....

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#564060 Nov 19, 2012
<quoted text>
The earth is not a circle. It is a sphere.
ya, ya, ya...

And the earth doesn't have a face, either.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min oxbow 573,816
LeBron.....the LOOZER..un Freakin REAL 18 min Yook the Spook 2
Obama earned Giuliani's assessment 56 min Polaris 2
Moses never existed 56 min KiMare 1,274
This ~ or ~ That? (game) (Dec '12) 59 min End Times 1,622
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Naked Truth from ... 39,603
Uzbekistan: tentacles of American octopus have ... 1 hr yupulat 1
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr RADEKT 268,833
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 hr Naked Truth from ... 608,142
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 18 hr hehehe7385 17
More from around the web