Prove there's a god.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#564096 Nov 19, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya right. I seriously doubt you would teach them anything about God except what Carlin & Mayer have to say.
By doing so, you're not letting them think for themselves, you're force-feeding them your "fact" that God doesn't exist.
I can't get over how dumb this statement is. Do you really equate a lack of religious indoctrination with "atheist indoctrination?" Do you consider "think for yourself" and "religious indoctrination" to be synonymous, because that's what your last statement implied.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#564097 Nov 19, 2012
Xyzhoturutsmail wrote:
You are going to burn in hell ... You are indeed a liar
Thanks to the Internet, skeptics have a voice at long last. What has been a finger shaking lecture for millennia has suddenly become a dialogue. You're not used to hearing our opinions,and never cared enough to ask.so not surprisingly, they come as an affront to you. That's OK. There's always a learning curve.

Now you get to hear what we think of your habit of shaking your scary chicken nailed to the stick at us. Not much. We like it about as much as you like having your god called a scary chicken nailed to a stick.

As for me, there will either be mutual respect, or mutual contempt and disregard.
Xyzhoturutsmail wrote:
Pattie has said what millions of others have said as well 'You are going to burn in hell, by your choice
As you wish.

"Chicken arise! Arise chicken! Arise!"
[5 second video of Billy Witchdoctor DOT com giving his life a moral foundation by shaking the scary chicken on a stick]

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#564098 Nov 19, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't you go to Sunday School? Weren't you given the option of believing in God or not?
All I'm saying is that I think most athitards won't even give their kids a choice whether or not to believe.....
I've not taught my son to be theist, nor would I.

If he decides to become theist at some point in the future, he's more than welcome to do so. I wouldn't stop him, but I doubt that will happen.

I've also not taught him to believe in ghosts, werewolves, leprechauns, gnomes, Invisible Purple Elvis Living in Boise Idaho theory, or any other mythical or nonsensical junk either.

If I were to decide to teach him to become theist, there are other forms of theism out there I'd teach him before I taught him Abrahamic theism, to be clear.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

#564099 Nov 19, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
'sup D to the F.
Are there people that kill in the name of Christianity?
Although I'm not a creationist, I think it's OK to have creation taught in schools. I'd say teach evolution in science class & teach creation in history class. There's no proof that we did evolve from ONE single, itty bitty amino acid, so why not? Even if we did evolve, who's to say that we weren't created to evolve?
We'd need to teach, the Hindu theory of creation, the PANGU theory of creation, the Aboriginal American theories of creation and numerous other mythical creation stories too, no?

Remember, two thirds of the world do not believe as you do, when it comes to mythical deity creation stories.

Location hidden

#564100 Nov 19, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't you go to Sunday School? Weren't you given the option of believing in God or not?
All I'm saying is that I think most athitards won't even give their kids a choice whether or not to believe.....
If you consider what happens in sunday school to be optional, then you are deluding yourself. The amount of pressure exerted on the children to conform, the stories told about the consequences of disbelief - there is no choice, and it's not right to put children through something like that.

Sure, the leader might say something like "now, if you want jesus to come into your heart, close your eyes and repeat after me;" but only after describing hell in detail and putting the kids in a situation where any who choose to sit out would be immediately ostracized.

Location hidden

#564101 Nov 19, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
the religious affiliation of the founding fathers were MOSTLY ALL of a 'christian' faith.
this gives you a breakdown of the religious affiliation of the founding fathers..........not one atheist amoung them.
http://www.adherents.com/gov/Founding_Fathers...
Did I make the claim that there were any atheists? No, I did not. I said not all were christian, and I said that they made a conscious effort to separate their faith from their leadership, and that they felt this was an important enough ideal so as to write it into law.

Location hidden

#564102 Nov 19, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That's an odd way to put it, " my children's parents"...
I see atheists as a narrow minded group of people.
Thankfully, they're a small group.
Totally. As an atheist, I am willing to consider anything if it carries with it enough evidence. As a theist, you are willing to accept any conclusion so long as it follows from your initial assumption that god exists. So, as you can see, you are far more open minded than I could ever be.

“Mercury bubbles blast!”

Since: Mar 11

Mercury

#564103 Nov 19, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
You did. But all he did was watch. You still got banged up.
You said, " I appreciate that the guy at least tried to warn me, but why on earth didn't he grab my hand and pull me out of the way?" You appreciated the man helping out by speaking to you, but you were disappointed that he didn't REALLY help you.
Notice that you don't apply the same standard to your god, who you apparently believe also helped you, but in my opinion, also not enough.
You assume that a good god is watching over you, so you attribute all good to it, and only the good. Only the man is debited for his failures. You really have no sound reason for judging the god differently. We call that a confirmation bias. It validates your faith that your god is good and cares deeply for you.
But wasn't he just like the man?
Nicely put. Her deity was quite a bit less moral than the man, if she attributes everything in existence to the deity.

Let's pretend that God is real - that means He arranged for that accident to happen, and for the man to ineffectually warn her.

Well, she's lucky she wasn't born into a malarial country, so that's a plus.

“Mercury bubbles blast!”

Since: Mar 11

Mercury

#564104 Nov 19, 2012
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. have to disagree. Patty is an 'almost psychopath,' the Troll Of Many Socks is a full-blown psychopath ..
How do you know this just isn't "mean pattie"?

Fennario

#564105 Nov 19, 2012
Xyzhoturutsmail wrote:
Every single person is born with no knowledge of the word of God.
And thus, no god belief. What do we call such people with no religion?
Xyzhoturutsmail wrote:
many theologian so-called Christian pastors are going to find themselves in hell.
I'll bet that they think that they're saved, too, huh? They're probably pretty sure that they are. How about you? Are you saved?
Xyzhoturutsmail wrote:
Most of you do not even know that Lot's daughters were married.
I heard that that wasn't a deal breaker for them.

Fennario

#564106 Nov 19, 2012
Xyzhoturutsmail wrote:
The Jews were the children of promise, Jesus came to them and most of them still rejected Him.
They're the messiah experts. I believe them. You've got the wrong guy. He didn't even have the right name. Nor do we know if he was a descendent of David if we don't know Mary's pedigree. He also failed at a few other places.

The Jews say that they will recognize the Messiah by seeing who the King of Israel is at the time of complete universal perfection, which is prophecied to happen in the messiah's lifetime. That hasn't come yet.

Furthermore, besides not being named Immanuel and not achieving perfection on earth during his lifetime, Jesus was not a prophet as Jews mean the word, was never the king of Israel, and contradicted the Torah.

The Jews also reject Christian polytheism / trinitarianism, the idea of god as man, claims that the messiah would be born of a virgin, crucified as a criminal, be a suffering servant, or return after death. The Jewish messiah is a man, not a god. He is triumphant, not a spat upon whipping boy. And he is only expected to come into the world once like any other person.

It sounds like a case of mistaken identity, or at least the majority of the experts said so.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

#564107 Nov 19, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You had a good papa.
What if your parents were both atheists, I wonder.
I'm a single father, full custody since my son was about 18 months old.

He's 16 now. While he was growing up I never once taught him about theism.

I never said anything about myself being an atheist. It was/is a non issue at home. As he's gotten older and he's asked questions, my general across the board response has been: "What do you think?"

Only in the past few years have those questions become more detailed, and I present the theist side first,I point out there are numerous theistic beliefs, and then I say: "I don't have that belief". I give the reasons why, and again ask: "What do you think?"

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#564108 Nov 19, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
"If my child is crossing a railroad track..."
this is hypotheticaly just what Thee FATHER did for humanity by sending His Son who sacrficed His life for ours.
based on your own mentality, why do you have a problem with the love of God as demonstrated through the gift of His Son?
Because I don't believe in a god.

San Francisco, CA

#564109 Nov 19, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
One correction, mi amigo
Birds appeared about 150 million years ago.
Such a nitpicker.

What's a lousy 50 million years?

Fennario

#564110 Nov 19, 2012
Just Results wrote:
You know how it works. You are just pretending not to know to ease your mind of your accountability to God.
Do you mean Jehovah-Jesus? That's a mythological creature, like Batman. You're trying to escape accountability to Dreamtime Snake.

San Francisco, CA

#564111 Nov 19, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
how do you know ms. Lesbian? you confuse yourself by telling yourself i am pattiecake.
thats YOUR delusion. YOUR misfortune.
how do you know anything about me? i garentee you, you do NOT.
why would a MOM and DAD have to be abusive?
a single parent could be abusive.
Garentee = Pattiespeak

San Francisco, CA

#564112 Nov 19, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You had a good papa.
What if your parents were both atheists, I wonder.
My parents are both atheists.

Neither ever attempted to influence their children.

We were always free to believe, or not.

Fennario

#564113 Nov 19, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
You didn't notice your buddies crowing about running her off...years ago?
I didn't catch that.
nanoanomaly wrote:
I doubt the real Patty has posted here since then.
Irrelevant. The message and its source need rebuking. It doesn't matter who that is.
nanoanomaly wrote:
There's nothing wrong with telling people like Patty that you don't agree with them but stalking her offline is going too far
I agree. That was unexpected.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#564114 Nov 19, 2012
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>If a large segment of the population begins to insist werewolves are real and Werewolvigent Design in schools etc.
Yeah, I would.
As a matter of fact, I used to have some fun debunking the - 2012/end 0' timer/killer planet/blah/blah - crowd, too. That's pretty much died off except for the diehards, and they sound, not surprisingly, like theists and respond much like:
"I just know that I know I know...you know!? Because I know!"
Ah. So your on a campaign to make believers into unbelievers, no matter the belief.

Why not just stick to your own beliefs?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#564115 Nov 19, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I can't get over how dumb this statement is. Do you really equate a lack of religious indoctrination with "atheist indoctrination?" Do you consider "think for yourself" and "religious indoctrination" to be synonymous, because that's what your last statement implied.
Regardless of indoctrination, be it religious or atheist, a person makes up their own mind in the end. Nobody gets "brainwashed" into anything.

How many atheists are just on this site that used to be religious? And vice versa.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 10 min Rosa_Winkel 8,247
My husband is a peeping tom in a horrible way (Aug '09) 18 min madan 23
The Christian Atheist debate 47 min too lazy to log in 3,904
girls how many gangbangs have you had (Feb '15) 1 hr Cholan87 17
Ever give your boss head? 1 hr diamond aardvark 4
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 1 hr andet1987 6,401
Why almost every man cheats? (Oct '07) 1 hr nightwalker 174
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr KayMarie 603,311
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 hr WildWeirdWillie 177,882
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 6 hr Moeflow5555 49
More from around the web