Prove there's a god.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#564053 Nov 19, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
You aren't remotely close to "truth" in any of your writings. I know you believe it, but one day, perhaps, you'll get some wisdom and think "wow...oops."
where is this "truth" you speak of?

defensiveness and and anger is the only response i get from unbelievers for sharing the truth of the Gospel

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#564054 Nov 19, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Waaasssuuup obviously has a thing for "the actor", James Woods. I liked him in True Believer.
LOL - not really tammy;)

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#564055 Nov 19, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
I forgot to close your scientific prescience page at http://www.eternal-productions.org/101science... , and looked at it again. Here are a few more entries in it:
"Noble behavior understood (John 15:13; Romans 5:7-8). The Bible and history reveal that countless people have endangered or even sacrificed their lives for another. This reality is completely at odds with Darwin’s theory of the survival of the fittest."
Nonsense. Evolutionary theory not only allows for altruism, it supports it. Parental behavior, which supports the idea of teaching - the first new way of passing information to the next generation since replicating molecules - is a classic example. The birds and mammals have it, and it supports evolutionary advances that give its benefactors adaptive advantage - a new way to adapt, in fact.
==========
"Chicken or egg dilemma solved (Genesis 1:20-22). Which came first, the chicken or the egg? This question has plagued philosophers for centuries. The Bible states that God created birds with the ability to reproduce after their kind. Therefore the chicken was created first with the ability to make eggs! Yet, evolution has no solution for this dilemma."
This is absurdly unsophisticated - equating eggs and chicken eggs. Flatworms and their eggs have been around over 500 million years. The first birds appeared in the Jurassic, about 200 million years ago.
==========
"The first three verses of Genesis accurately express all known aspects of the creation (Genesis 1:1-3). Science expresses the universe in terms of: time, space, matter, and energy. In Genesis chapter one we read:“In the beginning (time) God created the heavens (space) and the earth (matter)…Then God said,“Let there be light (energy).” No other creation account agrees with the observable evidence."
The Babylonians nailed that one, too:
"The mighty Marduk took his club and split Tiamat’s body in half. He placed half of her body in the sky and made the heavens [space]. He created the moon to guard the heavens, and set it moving back and forth, on endless [time] patrol [energy]. With the other half of Tiamat's body he made the land [matter].”
One correction, mi amigo

Birds appeared about 150 million years ago.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#564056 Nov 19, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
You should have seen the pm's. I had to block him. Won't he be surprised when James sends him an autographed photo.
:)
umm...if you're referring to me you're a definite liar as i've only posted in the pm maybe once or twice since i've been doing this and the last time was probably about a year or so ago:)

#564057 Nov 19, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
umm...if you're referring to me you're a definite liar as i've only posted in the pm maybe once or twice since i've been doing this and the last time was probably about a year or so ago:)
So you have a thing for James Woods?

It's cool, we don't judge

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#564058 Nov 19, 2012
Xyzhoturutsmail wrote:
<quoted text>I applaud you, this is good. The only to end it is to address it when they do it.
Boooots and HL claim that are trying to help her, then they tell her that she works cleaning toilets. They claim that they found out her name, from a poster in her home town. These idiots, HL, boooots, Kaitlin, Hiding and Catcher actually contacted her job and also the hospital where her mom was and tried to get her mom removed.
wow - these 'people' really did this??? this is the very definition of evil; cains, if you will, who can't physically kill the abels in their lives so they do the next worst thing possible

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#564059 Nov 19, 2012
<quoted text>
We don't let children think for themselves in any area of importance until they are at least adolescents. That's why we don't offer them the stork theory of obstetrics in school beside the scientific model of human reproduction, and let them decide for themselves. We tell them how it is.
A good parent teaches critical thinking skills to his children as they are growing. With this, you cannot stop them from thinking for themselves - when they're qualified. But until that faculty is developed, we coach their thinking. That's how they learn the skill.
You wouldn't be so duplicitous as to offer me an argument that you wouldn't accept yourself, would you? You are "force-feeding children brought to Sunday school your "fact" that God" does exist. Or are you suggesting that Sunday school gives children both the Creationist and the scientific views presented equally, and asks them to choose for themselves? I hope not.
So why do you ask skeptics to do that?
Just kidding. I know.
Didn't you go to Sunday School? Weren't you given the option of believing in God or not?

All I'm saying is that I think most athitards won't even give their kids a choice whether or not to believe.....

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#564060 Nov 19, 2012
<quoted text>
The earth is not a circle. It is a sphere.
ya, ya, ya...

And the earth doesn't have a face, either.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#564061 Nov 19, 2012
Xyzhoturutsmail wrote:
how come your mind was deluded for 40 years to think otherwise? Why did you believe and follow a God whom you now think does not exist? If you based your thinking on a lack of evidence, then you being the same person base your disbelief on a lack of evidence. If you based your thinking that there was a God, based on evidence, then the evidence has not changed, only you can be the flawed change.

In any case, the issue is you, and the problem is you, so the solution is for you to correct you.
What problem? What solution is needed?

Faith requires the suspension of disbelief. Working against that is the reasoning faculty, which, creates cognitive dissonance when it senses incongruity or contradiction. Christianity deals with that by demonizing doubt and calling it Satan, and praising blind faith. The priests harshly criticize listening to your own mind where it contradicts them.

As long as the will to believe them persists, one learns to squelch this inner conversation as much as possible, and ignore the rest. We allow ourselves to accept the absurd, buying the argument that our minds are too puny to understand the excellent moral judgments and reasoning of the god:

[1] The intellectually absurd:

"God gave us free will. We are free to make our own choices. Those "choices" were known perfectly since before man and the universe were created."

[2] The morally obscene:

"God's love for man is perfect, but those that don't worship him will be turned over to a demon he created to be tortured in a pit he created for eternity. That is perfect love even if you can't see it because of your puny mind, like a child crying about getting a vaccine."

We are willing to do that provisionally at first to give the religion a chance. And we continue to do so for as long as the religion is meeting some psychosocial need, or until leaving it is perceived to cause some kind of harm - maybe family strife, such as ostracism, or breaking a mother's heart. For Booots, it was forty years. For me, less.

One day, some of us just find that religion is no longer tenable, no longer satisfying, and we're tired of lying to ourselves. We notice that none of the promises have been kept - the peace that passeth all understanding never came, the fruits of the spirit never came, Jesus didn't return soon, and we can't move mountains with a mustard seed of faith.

The last straw may be some outrageous hypocrisy by the church, but not in my case. Like many other life passages, this one occurred for me over many years. So I left the church, and have been happier since.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#564062 Nov 19, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Yo RR.
No, probably not, however, there aren't people who kill others in the name of werewolves. There aren't any anti-scientific groups trying to force creationism into schools because of werewolves. There are no people who would key one's car because one does not believe in werewolves
'sup D to the F.

Are there people that kill in the name of Christianity?

Although I'm not a creationist, I think it's OK to have creation taught in schools. I'd say teach evolution in science class & teach creation in history class. There's no proof that we did evolve from ONE single, itty bitty amino acid, so why not? Even if we did evolve, who's to say that we weren't created to evolve?

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#564063 Nov 19, 2012
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. she did. Would you like the link ??..
<quoted text>
.. she posted her true name, people call her by that name. She is posting hate in the "What Is It That The Anti-Gay Groups Actually Fear?" forum. Enough said ..
<quoted text>
.. won't happen. Would never reveal my true name in a public forum. That's dense ..
<quoted text>
.. abusive? Ha! This woman is beyond abusive. Many times I've offered an olive branch only to be told I'm a scummy, immoral pervert. She fuels false rumors about my having incest with my brother and regular insinuates I am a pedophile. That's much more but, why bother, you've already made your mind up ..
<quoted text>
.. if you do not want to be civil, that's your right. You're getting into to middle of something you know nothing about. You have no idea what's going on behind the scenes and are not privy to my confidential knowledge ..
.. and, your buddy, The Troll of Many Names, is full of sh*t. To my knowledge, nobody has ever visited her or her mother. Like Patricia, he is a pathological liar ..
.. will not respond to future posts regarding this matter. You have the last word, shoot your wad ..
hi H_L, i wouldn't put you in the category with some others.
i think that you primarily defend yourself, but do take some shots at others (like me:), usually in good taste and in-kind. i have always appreciated your sense of humor and personality and i never thought of you as vicious or malicious:)

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#564064 Nov 19, 2012
"The first three verses of Genesis accurately express all known aspects of the creation (Genesis 1:1-3). Science expresses the universe in terms of: time, space, matter, and energy. In Genesis chapter one we read:“In the beginning (time) God created the heavens (space) and the earth (matter)…Then God said,“Let there be light (energy).” No other creation account agrees with the observable evidence."
Nice copy/paste... But your author is wrong. Time, space, matter & energy....

Why do you classify the heavens as "space"?

Good luck!

#564065 Nov 19, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't you go to Sunday School? Weren't you given the option of believing in God or not?
All I'm saying is that I think most athitards won't even give their kids a choice whether or not to believe.....
Wrong there, amigo.

I have a christian mother and atheist father.

My mother insisted on me going to church and Sunday School.

My father never, ever said a peep. He never, ever tried to influence my beliefs.

“O'si yo!”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#564066 Nov 19, 2012
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. Patricia, do you ever think before you write ??..
.. some women prefer being a 'stay-at-home' mom, some women opt for a career. Because of the liberation movement of the 70s, women now have choices ..
.. you've never been a mom, yet, once again, you consider yourself an authority on any subject. Would a child prefer a mom and dad that are abusive or one loving parent ??..
.. you wrote this post to garner attention ..
how do you know ms. Lesbian? you confuse yourself by telling yourself i am pattiecake.
thats YOUR delusion. YOUR misfortune.
how do you know anything about me? i garentee you, you do NOT.

why would a MOM and DAD have to be abusive?
a single parent could be abusive.

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

#564067 Nov 19, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>There are "what ifs" when it comes to EVERYTHING.
there shouldn't be.

for one to go through their life second guessing everything would be most sad.

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

#564068 Nov 19, 2012
Botz r us wrote:
<quoted text>
earthquakes have always happened every day you mad old crumpnugget and volcanoes
everything thats always happened is still happeneing and nobody is surprised except the losers searching for a prophecy to wave around
maybe you should do some research on that before you make a rift of yourself.

No, they have not always happened in such frequency as they do today.

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

#564069 Nov 19, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
or a mom and a mom, a dad and a dad
;-)
thats called 'disfunctional'.

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

#564070 Nov 19, 2012
Botz r us wrote:
<quoted text>
dahh our tax dollars paid for 30 nukes and we want them
love from Texas
xxx
maybe you would enjoy a nice vaction in Iran or Syria or some place like that?

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#564071 Nov 19, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
where is this "truth" you speak of?
defensiveness and and anger is the only response i get from unbelievers for sharing the truth of the Gospel
Why can't you "believers" to participate on this thread as adults? We have a topic. We have specific guidelines set out in the first post regarding what forms of responses are not permitted. Specifically assuming the existence of a god, while providing proof, is not proof. Quoting the Bible, commonly called the "word of God" is not proof.

Referring to the Gospel truth(s) is not proof.

All of those things would have relevance if and when a god is proved to exist and then that god is proved to be the same god that is referenced in the Bible. Otherwise the Bible and all references to Christian belief have no place in the topic.

Is it that believers are afraid to participate in an adult discussion about legitimate proofs of a god? Is it that believers are not mentally equipped to be able to cope with proofs of a god?

What is the reason that believers will not follow the simple guidelines of this discussion topic?

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

#564072 Nov 19, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Uh....I was talking about equal rights under the law- just because YOU are not doesn't mean NO ONE is.
In a perfect world, all children have structure in their lives, but where you get there is necessarily or automatically an absence of structure if a child is raised by a single parent is truly moronic.
True that most children would prefer two parents, but not if one of those parents is an abuser or neglects them.
In such situations, children are better off with one parent who is stable, loving and nurturing and that could be fathers as well as mothers.
LOL!! And women aren't or can't be "protectors"?? You are the one who thinks child-rearing is much more a woman's domain than a man's- don't you think women protect their children?
So who are you to say women shouldn't go off to war to protect our country?
I never stated that one parent couldn't be wonderful and sufficent.
What i said was a mom and a dad was the best option.

women can be protectors to a point.
could you as a woman sucessfully fight off a preditor who's intent was to rape you or beat you?
most women can't defend themselves against a male preditor.
not because women are less or inferior, but because women are women.
So yes the man is the protector.
from the dawning of time, man has been the hunter, the protector, the provider... women have been care givers, nuturers and much more.
You see, i like the design of how God created all things.
I respect His design and the purpose of it all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 3 min Chrome duqquetto 4,798
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 8 min Chrome duqquetto 100,215
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 min June VanDerMark 591,393
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 21 min rohit 153
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 25 min Pegasus 271,483
Beautiful Contemporary Instumental NEW AGE MUSI... 40 min giddy up 4
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 51 min WasteWater 5,870
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Truths 612,282
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 4 hr Neelakaran 1,477
More from around the web