|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I was 8. I didn't really understand what happened.
So you're what?? 19

I am sooo jealous! What I wouldn't give to be 19 again and know what I know now!

I remember that day vividly...and the sick feeling I had in my stomach as I stood glued to the television watching as the 2nd plane hit the second tower. It would have been nice to have been 8 and not understood what was occurring. The misfortune, today, is that a lot of people, who now vote, didn't understand what happened that day either.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're what?? 19
I am sooo jealous! What I wouldn't give to be 19 again and know what I know now!
I remember that day vividly...and the sick feeling I had in my stomach as I stood glued to the television watching as the 2nd plane hit the second tower. It would have been nice to have been 8 and not understood what was occurring. The misfortune, today, is that a lot of people, who now vote, didn't understand what happened that day either.
I'm sure most of us would love to be younger than we are if we could be younger and have the knowledge we now have, but that's the catch and one of the good things about growing older- gaining knowledge....but would I want to be 19 again knowing only what I knew at 19?

No thanks!

:-)

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
When you say you see the God within Al and me...how would you describe the God you see?
.. know it when I see it but when asked to describe it, the knowing leaves me. Is it love? Creativity? Understanding? Empathy? Or, is it an energy that radiates from a person's words or actions ??..
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>I see goodness and many characteristics that could be viewed as Godly in both you and Catcher...not sure who Scar is. In you, I see a great deal of things though. You're complex. I'd send you roses, that's for sure!
.. make the roses yellow as a sign of our binding friendship. The passion will come later ..

“I speak my mind”

Since: Sep 10

It hurts to bite my tongue

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sure most of us would love to be younger than we are if we could be younger and have the knowledge we now have, but that's the catch and one of the good things about growing older- gaining knowledge....but would I want to be 19 again knowing only what I knew at 19?
No thanks!
I don't know...as much as I enjoy having all the knowledge I've gained...I could do without some of it!:)

I'd probably take 19 and naive again...<reminisces>...y eah...scratch that "probably"

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sure most of us would love to be younger than we are if we could be younger and have the knowledge we now have, but that's the catch and one of the good things about growing older- gaining knowledge....but would I want to be 19 again knowing only what I knew at 19?
No thanks!
That's the problem: Youth is wasted on young people.

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. know it when I see it but when asked to describe it, the knowing leaves me. Is it love? Creativity? Understanding? Empathy? Or, is it an energy that radiates from a person's words or actions ??..
<quoted text>
.. make the roses yellow as a sign of our binding friendship. The passion will come later ..
In my view, it's all about empathy, which gives us understanding and compassion.

No gods are required for this.

“I speak my mind”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Hmmm...I hope it's a combination of all!

Yellow it is! Watch for the delivery guy!

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>How in the world have you not heard of pat robertson? He's a famous nutbag. He was the one who blamed the haiti disaster on voodoo and said that they deserved it.
Did he not also blame the Katrina catastrophe in New Orleans on the libertine attitudes of that city?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the problem: Youth is wasted on young people.
First said by George Bernard Shaw......

Great story about Shaw:

Perhaps you've heard of the famous dancer Isadora Duncan.

She was quite a risque dancer for her time and was quite the beauty as well who became enamored with Shaw.

She wrote him a letter proposing they have a child together because she said that with her looks and Shaw's brain, they would have quite the perfect child together.

Shaw replied: But Madam, what if he has MY looks and YOUR brains?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know...as much as I enjoy having all the knowledge I've gained...I could do without some of it!:)
I'd probably take 19 and naive again...<reminisces>...y eah...scratch that "probably"
Ummm...... in as much as forewarned is forearmed, I'd only want to be 19 again if I knew what I know now and not even 19- 21 would be better- legal drinking age and all......

;-)

But hey- I am SO young in mind, heart and spirit that I've kind of trained my body to keep pace with my mind, heart and spirit- LOL!

“I speak my mind”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
In my view, it's all about empathy, which gives us understanding and compassion.
True...no God is required for empathy. But I believe empathy will only go so far if we don't have love, which is actually what I think it's all about. Not a friendly or lustful love, but one that is selfless, sacrificial, and unconditional. Do you believe anyone can have that kind of love for others?

“I speak my mind”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Ummm...... in as much as forewarned is forearmed, I'd only want to be 19 again if I knew what I know now and not even 19- 21 would be better- legal drinking age and all......
;-)
But hey- I am SO young in mind, heart and spirit that I've kind of trained my body to keep pace with my mind, heart and spirit- LOL!
Well do tell your secret! My mind, heart, and spirit are like 21....but training my body to keep pace is quite the challenge. Looking the part...I'm holding my own....feeling the part...different story!

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>First said by George Bernard Shaw......
Great story about Shaw:
Perhaps you've heard of the famous dancer Isadora Duncan.
She was quite a risque dancer for her time and was quite the beauty as well who became enamored with Shaw.
She wrote him a letter proposing they have a child together because she said that with her looks and Shaw's brain, they would have quite the perfect child together.
Shaw replied: But Madam, what if he has MY looks and YOUR brains?
Another Shaw Story:

Shaw to Winston Churchill: "I am enclosing two tickets to the first night of my new play; bring a friend--if you have one."

Churchill's response: "Cannot possibly attend first night, will attend second--if there is one."

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
True...no God is required for empathy. But I believe empathy will only go so far if we don't have love, which is actually what I think it's all about. Not a friendly or lustful love, but one that is selfless, sacrificial, and unconditional. Do you believe anyone can have that kind of love for others?
Yes, for one's child.

With Established Harem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
.. is creativity empathy in action ??..

With Established Harem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm...I hope it's a combination of all!
.. can you add anything ??.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
Well do tell your secret! My mind, heart, and spirit are like 21....but training my body to keep pace is quite the challenge. Looking the part...I'm holding my own....feeling the part...different story!
Not sure it's a secret or how much my "training" my body has to do with it- I do eat right most of the time and I do a lot of power walking, but I have to give credit to genetics:

My mother's mother at 72 years old was passing herself off as 58 in order to get jobs and my mother- up until she became very sick with cancer- always looked a good 20 years younger than she was.

But I do find it harder to get up off the ground when I am gardening- and the reason I sit on the ground to begin with is because my back can't take bending as well as it used to, so at 58, I am feeling the effects of physical aging, but I can deal with that since my very youthful mind, heart and spirit really offsets it a lot!

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Another Shaw Story:
Shaw to Winston Churchill: "I am enclosing two tickets to the first night of my new play; bring a friend--if you have one."
Churchill's response: "Cannot possibly attend first night, will attend second--if there is one."
OMG- ROFLMAO!!

I'm sure you've heard this one about Churchill:

Not sure who the woman was, but she said to Churchill: If you were my husband, I'd poison your tea, to which he replied: If you were my wife I'd drink it!

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Did he not also blame the Katrina catastrophe in New Orleans on the libertine attitudes of that city?
Yep.

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. is creativity empathy in action ??..
Creativity is a process, while empathy is the capacity to experience the feelings of others.

So, empathy can be a useful component of the creative process, but it's separate and distinct.

As Dave would say, or something like that.

Where have you put Dave, by the way?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 535,101 - 535,120 of716,424
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

418 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 2 min ali 332
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 5 min The Awakener 171,443
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 6 min Lab28 223,166
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 14 min ROYAL 4,076
This ~ or ~ That? (game) (Dec '12) 19 min Nobody 2 Special 1,477
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 21 min MUQ1 36,389
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 27 min truth 529,972
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr onemale 255,692
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr Hidingfromyou 93,218
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••