“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#563503 Nov 16, 2012
Coffee Freak wrote:
<quoted text>
So, who thinks I'm clueless as to what I originally wrote? Instead of judging anonymously, write something you cowards. That's ok, though. God is the only one whose judgement counts anyway.
HOT ALERT!!!

r u legal?;)

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#563504 Nov 16, 2012
Coffee Freak wrote:
<quoted text>
You are 100% correct! Reminds me of WWJD - What Would Jesus Do?. I admit wholeheartedly, I fall short of being a good Christian every single day. I have bad thoughts, say bad things, and disrespect my body (I smoke cigarettes and don't eat right). I greatly dislike when people say others will burn in hell. You're right, that is completely opposite of love. I, as I wrote in my original post, am not religious but more spiritual. I grew up in a church full of hypocrites (but I too find that I can be a hypocrite as well). We are human and therefore designed for sin. Sin is a form of suffering (sin stems from negative emotions) but suffering draws me closer to God. There was only one human who was perfect, according to the Bible, and that was Jesus. You have been very insightful and helpful. Thanks for putting things in perspective for me. I've been under an enormous amount of stress lately and I needed to be brought back to taking a look at myself. Peace and love.
umm...yeah...interesting! now...about those leggings....;)

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#563505 Nov 16, 2012
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
You're actually right...40 is young...and aside from the aches with gardening, this decade is starting out pretty great. I think by forty, at least for me, all the pandemonium in simply living has settled. I'm comfortable with who I am and where I am in life. Now, I just kinda get to enjoy it all. Sure, there are bad days and we all have our problems, but I'm better equipped mentally and have less chaos in my life...so they're even easier to deal with. I work in healthcare and have had the opportunity to meet many men and woman who are in their 80s, 90s, and even a few who've made it to 100. So yeah...40 and even 58 are actually quite young!
What about almost 66?:( My son is 40; my daughter nearly 38. I don't feel any different than I did when I was 30 or 40 or 58 except some things don't seem to be as easy to do now, and I think some things don't seem as important either.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#563506 Nov 16, 2012
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
You're actually right...40 is young...and aside from the aches with gardening, this decade is starting out pretty great. I think by forty, at least for me, all the pandemonium in simply living has settled. I'm comfortable with who I am and where I am in life. Now, I just kinda get to enjoy it all. Sure, there are bad days and we all have our problems, but I'm better equipped mentally and have less chaos in my life...so they're even easier to deal with. I work in healthcare and have had the opportunity to meet many men and woman who are in their 80s, 90s, and even a few who've made it to 100. So yeah...40 and even 58 are actually quite young!
And if all else fails, we can always fall back on: You're as young as you feel.

And for me, my feeling of youth comes from my mind, heart and spirit which definitely overrules those pesky aches and pains- LOL!

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#563507 Nov 16, 2012
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
Definitely, but what about for our enemies? Or perhaps those who are not necessarily our enemies, but of no relation or aquaintance to us?
Unconditional love? Only for one's child.

San Francisco, CA

#563508 Nov 16, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Wow- such wit- too funny!
Clarence Darrow: "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."

San Francisco, CA

#563509 Nov 16, 2012
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. isn't empathy also the ability to experience everything around us (including people) which ultimately leads to the creative process (art)? For me, empathy (feeling) facilitate creativity ..
.. during the day, Dave's busy authoring his dissertation on EM theory to revolutionize physics. At night, he cruises hot tubs and plays with his toy (he calls it a generator)..
Yes, empathy definitely facilitates, enhances the creative process.

Dave's toy probably no longer generates a heck of a lot....

San Francisco, CA

#563510 Nov 16, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>"Winston, you are drunk!"
"And you, Madam, are ugly. But in the morning, I shall be sober."
Lincoln: "He can compress the most words into the smallest idea of any man I know."
UIdiotRacesMAkeW orldPeace

United States

#563511 Nov 16, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Lincoln: "He can compress the most words into the smallest idea of any man I know."
And war mongering Xtain Fundie Bushjr nutcase? I see him with a lilipop!

BWHAHHAHAHAHAA

“I speak my mind”

It hurts to bite my tongue

#563512 Nov 16, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>As the saying goes: Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
I know your post wasn't addressed to me, but I KNOW I can love animals selflessly, sacrificially and unconditionally- I've done it.
As far as being able to do so with people......I do think there is such a thing as unconditional love, but perhaps within reason, which would then mean it wasn't unconditional.
I would think the closest one can come to truly loving selflessly, sacrificially and unconditionally is the love a parent has for a child.
I can say I love the man in my life unconditionally- and I do- at least where his traits, personality, quirks and faults are concerned, but if he were to go out and kill people or commit some other heinous act.....that could change my love for him, but I can't honestly say it would- just that it could.
I have two dogs...and I often say they're just like my kids. The reality of that is though, they really aren't. If my dogs went mad, as much as it would break my heart, I would have to put them down. I could never do that to my children if they became mentally or physically debilitated. I would not give my life to save my dogs, because my family needs me more than the dogs...but I would give my life to save any of my family and probably any other human being. So our love of animals, when considered in certain situations, is usually conditional...although we generally don't want to believe that until we're faced with it.

Prior to believing in, understanding, and experiencing agape love, I would have agreed wholeheartedly with you when you say, "I would think the closest one can come to truly loving selflessly, sacrificially and unconditionally is the love a parent has for a child". Now, I realize that same love can be given to even my enemies and those who do not love me in return. I couldn't do that before. That's why I believe LOVE is what it's all about. How we love or do not love one another will determine every action and reaction we have toward one another, locally and globally.

“I speak my mind”

It hurts to bite my tongue

#563513 Nov 16, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
What about almost 66?:( My son is 40; my daughter nearly 38. I don't feel any different than I did when I was 30 or 40 or 58 except some things don't seem to be as easy to do now, and I think some things don't seem as important either.
66 is young too Boooots! How ya been darling?

San Francisco, CA

#563514 Nov 16, 2012
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
I have two dogs...and I often say they're just like my kids. The reality of that is though, they really aren't. If my dogs went mad, as much as it would break my heart, I would have to put them down. I could never do that to my children if they became mentally or physically debilitated. I would not give my life to save my dogs, because my family needs me more than the dogs...but I would give my life to save any of my family and probably any other human being. So our love of animals, when considered in certain situations, is usually conditional...although we generally don't want to believe that until we're faced with it.
Prior to believing in, understanding, and experiencing agape love, I would have agreed wholeheartedly with you when you say, "I would think the closest one can come to truly loving selflessly, sacrificially and unconditionally is the love a parent has for a child". Now, I realize that same love can be given to even my enemies and those who do not love me in return. I couldn't do that before. That's why I believe LOVE is what it's all about. How we love or do not love one another will determine every action and reaction we have toward one another, locally and globally.
If my child is crossing a railroad track with a train barreling down the track, and the only way I can save him is to give up my own life, I know I would save him without thinking twice.

My wife? I'm not sure. My enemy, or even a stranger, or a friend, hey, let's be honest. So unless love is some sort of a "feeling" but without consequences....

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#563515 Nov 16, 2012
Pokay wrote:
While the two words may not be exactly equivalent, we are STILL no better off if we call t=0 God or "singularity".
We're better off if we don't call anything a god that isn't also a sentient, purposive creator of our universe.
knowledge

Kamloops, Canada

#563516 Nov 16, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
come on i thought you were a bit smarter than most of these yahoos on here, where did my post say i 'hated' single parents? it did not.
i said the womens lib movement brought women to this point in history where they prefer to work rather than raise their children as a stay home mom or dad.
and when women develope the ATTITUDE they don't 'need' a structured family unit, they often find themselves with no financial support by a husband. Its sad, my heart goes out to them.
it would be a very hard way to survive.
If a child could pick and choose they would opt for a mom and dad over anything else, if they had the choice that is.
I don't hate anyone.
you despise all those who do not affirm your belief that you are consort to jesus the christ.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#563517 Nov 16, 2012
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
66 is young too Boooots! How ya been darling?
Good hon, after that thing with the ex-CIA director I am a bit more encourage about 65 with 40, although I won't get the chance since I won't leave my wife for another woman, and the chances aren't good that she will do what my most recent previous partner did, and kick me out for another man. But when my 35 year old sister married a 60 year old man, he is still working at nearly 81, and right now just barely arrived in Hongkong to visit some of his siblings there, plays tennis several times a week, etc., one can always imagine. My first and 2nd wives are a few weeks apart in age and less than a year younger than me, while my middle partner was 5 years younger than me.

I think that CIA guy was a bit foolish though, to have a high profile job, after many other high profile jobs, and then go and blow it by carelessness with his mistresses. I guess we old guys sometime forget when a young woman comes along, what we are suppose to be doing in the rest of our life. Perhaps he should have taken some advice from Clinton on how to be the top dog and still have other women.

Getting a bit frustrated on here with all the deception, or bad attempts at deception, that have been happening lately. I tend to be too honest, which hasn't always panned out well for me, and tend to trust others that are obviously not trustworthy.

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#563518 Nov 16, 2012
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it is...but having a healthy respect for the human condition and a love for your enemies is kinda two different things all together. Seriously, do you think you have it in you to love selflessly, sacrificially, and unconditionally?
If you could clarify what "love for your enemies" entails, I'll be able to comment on that. I don't currently have any enemies. I don't think I ever did.

You can use the word "love" in many ways, and to varying extents. You might also have different definitions for "enemy". You might treat one enemy differently than another based on their behavior. Some enemies just have cross purposes, and would rather not harm each other, but don't see a choice. Some enemies want ONLY to hurt other people. My basic affection for mankind extends to all of mankind. I must have a reason to alter that affection as it applies to individuals or groups.

As for your question...

Yes, as much as anyone can, I suspect.

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#563519 Nov 16, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
HOT ALERT!!!
r u legal?;)
Somebody get the hose!

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#563520 Nov 16, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Kabong?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =AmemBa1HAzUXX
Ohyeah.

The Borderland of Sol

#563521 Nov 16, 2012
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
No worries! I think we'll get along just fine! So...whatcha got for me today? Loved the last poem!
Hmm.

"Good people all, of every sort,
Give ear unto my song;
And if you find it wondrous short,
It cannot hold you long.

In Islington there was a man,
Of whom the world might say
That still a godly race he ran,
Whene'er he went to pray.

A kind and gentle heart he had,
To comfort friends and foes;
The naked every day he clad,
When he put on his clothes.

And in that town a dog was found,
As many dogs there be,
Both mongrel, puppy, whelp and hound,
And curs of low degree.

This dog and man at first were friends;
But when a pique began,
The dog, to gain some private ends,
Went mad and bit the man.

Around from all the neighbouring streets
The wondering neighbours ran,
And swore the dog had lost his wits,
To bite so good a man.

The wound it seemed both sore and sad
To every Christian eye;
And while they swore the dog was mad,
They swore the man would die.

But soon a wonder came to light,
That showed the rogues they lied:
The man recovered of the bite,
The dog it was that died."

Oliver Goldsmith, no less. "Elegy on the Death of a Mad Dog".

Who says poetry isn't fun?

The Borderland of Sol

#563522 Nov 16, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Clarence Darrow: "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."
Following 71 years of marriage:

"I never once considered divorce. Murder, yes, but never divorce."

Attributed to Frances Ellis.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 min RADEKT 268,931
God made hell for homsexuals....and others!! 19 min Doctor REALITY 1
This ~ or ~ That? (game) (Dec '12) 21 min -TheExam- 1,633
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 21 min WasteWater 5,557
Are your friends keeping you from accepting JES... 26 min Doctor REALITY 1
Whatsapp group Hot n Sexy for guys and girls 41 min abhi 50
Keystone pipeline wins Senate vote in victory f... 42 min Le Duped 54
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr June VanDerMark 574,161
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Naked Truth from ... 608,222
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Mar '14) 3 hr Coolsa 205
Straight guys: Would you ever have intercourse ... (Jul '12) 7 hr sall 163
More from around the web