Prove there's a god.

“I speak my mind”

Since: Sep 10

It hurts to bite my tongue

#563913 Nov 18, 2012
Xyzhoturutsmail wrote:
<quoted text>In fact you are wrong, and you quote from a satanic reasoning. "Do unto others as you would have others do unto you", it has no meaning or basis without God, the Bible, Christ and the Holy Spirit. Without such, it is no more than "Do what thou wilt, harm, no other that is the whole of the law". A pedophile would find no harm in a child having sex with him, so where is his reasoning? No, the only thing that will really matter is this, did you allow yourself to be saved, by the one whom God sent to save you. It is sad that you have an excuse for not posting scripture, when I have discovered that most atheists and even so-called Christians make claims about the content of the Bible which simply are not true.
Okay...how bout we get to know each other before you start bashing me? Let's start by you telling me what the heck's up with that name you got going on? you do that...then I'll gladly reply to your very rudely stated response. I'm all about a friendly conversation...can you come off your pedestal and do that?

“I speak my mind”

#563914 Nov 18, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No way I can say all the meanings love can have.
But I know what love isn't.
It's not my fault!!!
I gotta say...I'm getting this feeling there's trouble on the home front. Wanna talk about it? I'm an excellent listener :)

By the way...I'm still humming Tina!

“I speak my mind”

#563915 Nov 18, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I detect a Freudian typo....
LOL...yes...yes...that was a typo...but it works...think Aphrodite!

“I speak my mind”

#563916 Nov 18, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I mean.. a circle isn't a sphere. And you can find any mythological book and cherry pick intelligent sounding things from it.
You can! But billions of people haven't based their beliefs from just any mythological book...nope...they chose the bible. Actually, 33.32% of the world is Christian. 14.09% non-religious...the rest are a mix between Muslim, Hindu, Buddhists, and other religions. Seems quite illogical to assume 1/3 of the people in the world are cherry pickin.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#563917 Nov 18, 2012
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
You can! But billions of people haven't based their beliefs from just any mythological book...nope...they chose the bible. Actually, 33.32% of the world is Christian. 14.09% non-religious...the rest are a mix between Muslim, Hindu, Buddhists, and other religions. Seems quite illogical to assume 1/3 of the people in the world are cherry pickin.
Arguments from popularity hold no sway with me.

Christianity has so many followers for a lot of reasons, and maybe there is something "special" about it that resonates with people in a certain way, but that in no way proves that it's divinely inspired. 20% of the world believe in Allah - does that mean that they're a little less right than the christians? Or is it just a straight up popularity contest with no second place? How does it work?

Just Results

“Jesus is Love”

Since: Jul 12

Hutchinson, MN

#563919 Nov 18, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism has nothing to do with love.
I agree. I can't believe you said that. You just slaughtered your own agenda with that statement (and it actually was something you finally said that is not a lie).

But let me add, atheism has ALL to do with hatred.

Hatred and deceit is the central theme of atheism, and its directive is to destroy the lives of all it touches.

Just Results

“Jesus is Love”

Since: Jul 12

Hutchinson, MN

#563920 Nov 18, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Arguments from popularity hold no sway with me.
Christianity has so many followers for a lot of reasons, and maybe there is something "special" about it that resonates with people in a certain way, but that in no way proves that it's divinely inspired. 20% of the world believe in Allah - does that mean that they're a little less right than the christians? Or is it just a straight up popularity contest with no second place? How does it work?
You know how it works. You are just pretending not to know to ease your mind of your accountability to God.

Location hidden

#563921 Nov 18, 2012
Xyzhoturutsmail wrote:
<quoted text>since I am all about a friendly conversation.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Wow.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#563922 Nov 18, 2012
Xyzhoturutsmail wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah,.
You are a loser, Pattie. Even your own people hate you.

Location hidden

#563923 Nov 18, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
You know how it works. You are just pretending not to know to ease your mind of your accountability to God.
Absolutely. What a cute little armchair psychiatrist we have here.

Now for some more armchair psychology: you know what it means when you constantly try and force your belief on other people? It means you are unsure of it yourself, and you are trying to reinforce it by forcefully asserting it to other people. What does that say about all you trolls? Simultaneous crises of faith?

“I speak my mind”

#563924 Nov 18, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Arguments from popularity hold no sway with me.
Allah is actually the Arabic word for God. They worship the same God as Christians...Their beliefs are different, but the same God no less. I suppose had I been born Muslim, perhaps I'd be worshiping Allah. I really can't say. I don't believe it's a popularity contest though. It's about having faith in something greater than ourselves. There is certainly something special about it, though I doubt I could convince you of that. I know what I believe, though I cannot and will not say who is right and who is wrong among all of us who believe differently. I don't really know how it all works...but I'm sure it all has it's place and reason for being present among us.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#563925 Nov 18, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>And all the points you mention are perfectly legitimate excuses for hunting her down like hounds on a fox? They are only legitimate in the minds of evil people. Does that sound like anybody you know?
Xyzhoturutsmail wrote:
<quoted text>What gets me is that these evil con jobbers, boooots, Hiding, Scaritual, Catcher, Peace-Love-Happiness, Happy Lesbo, etc. will actually post these as reasons and then they will lie and claim that they have an altruistic intent to help her because they love and care for her.
What all most do, is do exactly as you did, let them know that they are the problem and the problem is in their head and of their own design.
Patty Hedley (sp?) is the author of her misfortunes.

Why did her god not protect her?

and

why do you ask questions of cleanliness from a house of filth?

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#563926 Nov 18, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>They do seem to take great delight in harassing people offline simply for having a difference of opinion online. That is a crime. I find it strange that they never seem to have considered that someone might "turn the table" on them. It is funny that they believe they are somehow safer from that than Patty was/is.
>:}
coward

Location hidden

#563927 Nov 18, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Hatred and deceit is the central theme of atheism, and its directive is to destroy the lives of all it touches.
Mwahahahahahamwahahahah!!! You have discovered out evvvvvilllll plot!

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#563928 Nov 18, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
coward
I heard that talking to yourself in front of a mirror is a sign of insanity. I suggest painting the mirrors in your house black if you wish to continue with your self delusion.

Location hidden

#563929 Nov 18, 2012
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
Allah is actually the Arabic word for God. They worship the same God as Christians...Their beliefs are different, but the same God no less. I suppose had I been born Muslim, perhaps I'd be worshiping Allah. I really can't say. I don't believe it's a popularity contest though. It's about having faith in something greater than ourselves. There is certainly something special about it, though I doubt I could convince you of that. I know what I believe, though I cannot and will not say who is right and who is wrong among all of us who believe differently. I don't really know how it all works...but I'm sure it all has it's place and reason for being present among us.
I know that they technically worship the same god as you, just as you technically worship the same god as the jews. But one of you must have picked the wrong prophet, right? I mean, assuming that your god exists.

I get all the spiritual satisfaction I need from learning about the universe. Knowing that we are, to put it simply and generally and to paraphrase the great Bill Hicks, basically the universe experiencing itself subjectively, is quite enough for me. I don't need to invoke faith to find meaning - some people do, and that's fine, so long as they don't try to force their faith on everyone else.

I don't think that religion's existence is in and of itself proof that there is "something out there." I think it is proof that man has always searched for meaning, and I think each religion is an expression of the culture that birthed it. And anyways, I think if there is a god, however unlikely I find that proposition especially as it applies to the god of the bible; I seriously doubt that such a powerful, all knowing creature would sentence me to eternal torture for something as petty as a lack of faith.

“I speak my mind”

#563930 Nov 18, 2012
Xyzhoturutsmail wrote:
<quoted text>I am not here to play a game of lies with you, since I did not bash you. I said that without God and Christ "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" is no more than the satanic "Do what thou wilt, harm no other, that is the whole of the law. For those of you who know, I have combined the satanic wiccan version.
Let's start with that name you got going on...I mean are we supposed to assume that Truth signs in with you, when you refuse to provide scripture, which is truth. I will gladly respond to your rudely stated post here, but first, can you get off of your toilet seat and stop your side way bashes, since I am all about a friendly conversation.
Anyone can type scripture on here...most of the atheists have read it and know what it says better than the Christians do. What they haven't witnessed is people who actually live by it. Someone once said, "Nobody cares what you know, till they know that you care"..,a football coach said it, I believe...Anyway, he had his ducks in a row. I've found the best way to build a caring relationship with people is to get to know them. I don't sign on here to brow beat the other posters with scripture. I'm here to get to know them. If that offends you, I apologize. And for the record...you said, "my quote came from satanic reasoning." I take that as quite offensive, considering I am a Christian.

Location hidden

#563931 Nov 18, 2012
karl44 wrote:
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>And all the points you mention are perfectly legitimate excuses for hunting her down like hounds on a fox? They are only legitimate in the minds of evil people. Does that sound like anybody you know?
<quoted text>
Patty Hedley (sp?) is the author of her misfortunes.
Why did her god not protect her?
and
why do you ask questions of cleanliness from a house of filth?
What happened to patty?

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#563932 Nov 18, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Good summary.
You are totally justified in your treatment of Yellocake Dog Pattie, and show tremendous restraint.
The days of the religious getting a pass because they say, "Jesus, Jesus!" a lot seem to be coming to a close. As you say, she has no expectation of privacy regarding information that she published publicly.
And she should have no expectation for respect of her position, which offers no respect.
She should have no expectation of any decency, since she offers none. Her apparent highest moral goods are obedience to her panty sniffing god, and not "cussing," and she judges others freely and harshly ad lib.
Furthermore, as you noted, Dog Pattie knows what life on the message boards is like, and she is here by choice. She surely doesn't still think that she can come onto Topix spitting fire and brimstone, and expect politeness back. When she does, it's time a reality check. It's a good example for other skeptics, who might be accustomed to deferring to the harsh opinions of religious nut jobs thumping a bible.
Give her all the hell she dishes out. Why not? Because she's a woman? Because she's a woman of "God"? Because she's bat shit crazy? It doesn't matter. She doesn't hear you.
If she minded she would be gone, or at the least, she would have toned her hate speech down a few notches. But she doesn't. She behaves as if she likes the abuse, just like nanoanomaly, who also seems to go out of her way to provoke it, and who also gets less angry at the resulting obloquy directed at her than at whatever trivial comment set her off and led to it.
Pattie Cake is the same - deliberately provocative and unrepentant, then inappropriately unfazed by the blow-back. When you rebuke her, you are rebuking the church and religion that molded her. They might not have created her mental illness, but they not only didn't help her with it, they surely exacerbated and exploited it.
You didn't notice your buddies crowing about running her off...years ago?

I doubt the real Patty has posted here since then. I believe that you freaks are just obsessive enough to flaunt an effigy of her until the next ice age. You've shown your sickness long enough for that to be as likely as not.

There's nothing wrong with telling people like Patty that you don't agree with them but stalking her offline is going too far and you will have to find that out the way most predators do; the hard way.

Hermosa Beach, CA

#563933 Nov 18, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>You didn't notice your buddies crowing about running her off...years ago?
I doubt the real Patty has posted here since then. I believe that you freaks are just obsessive enough to flaunt an effigy of her until the next ice age. You've shown your sickness long enough for that to be as likely as not.
There's nothing wrong with telling people like Patty that you don't agree with them but stalking her offline is going too far and you will have to find that out the way most predators do; the hard way.
Hey nano, speaking about the hard way.

On the atheist/faith thread a few minutes ago, your friend with the long name that starts with x linked to a thread in 2009, to show alleged mistreatment of Patty/Yellodog. By coincidence, preceding the post he was referring to was a string of posts between you (aka Sheila from Sherman, TX) and Lil Ticked. VERY suggestive stuff, "face to waist" talk.... You may want to rekindle the moist memories.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min nanoanomaly 110,109
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min kentadolt 675,451
Finish This Liberal Political Sentence.. 59 min Ignorant hick 2
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr RiccardoFire 184,723
68 year old man missing from Deens Landing?! 7 hr bugg_85 1
Play "End of the Word" ..... Part 2 7 hr andet1987 69
My NEW SPECULATION about the mystery vehicle an... 7 hr andet1987 10
More from around the web